• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Better team RMT

Rosario19

The Boss
After my first team there were too many flaws but i think iv got an original team which i feel is much better but in stead of the usual 6 iv got 8 pokemon 2 of which i can decide but i'll let u guys do that for me.

The team:

;034; Nidoking@lifeorb
ability:sheerforce
EVS:252speed/252spA/4hp
nature:timid
attacks:flamethrower/icebeam/earthpower/thunderbolt

Well this is the 1st of the 2 leads im gonna put down with the multiple attacks it can take down any pokemon which leads of from weather startes to pokemon who sets up entry hazards it i think its a great start as it will kill thier 1st pokemon making the battle a straight to 6-5

:635: hydregion@expertbelt
ability:levitate
attacks:dracometeor/darkpulse/flamethrower/surf/thunderbolt

Well this is the 2nd lead which i think can work as well as nidoking because it has more speed and special attack but i dont know which is better for more coverage hmmm

;233; porygon2@evolite
ability:trace
EVS:252spD/252Defence/4hp
nature:impish
attacks:thunderbolt/thunderwave/icebeam/recover

I think this is one of the best pokemon in the game for defence becasue it takes any attack like its nothing and when you swutch in its trace ability takes the pokemons ability which means it can use it for it own help. thunder wave is to cripple any1 that gets in the way and ice beam is for most dragon types where it switches in to take that pathetic draco meteor that doesnt even do a quater of health over all it can counter own pokemon with their own ability.

;009; blastoise@leftovers
ability:raindish
EVS:252hp/252defence/4spd
attacks:scald/rapidspin/roar/protect

Blastoise is a great phazer as well as spinner as well as a great defence it comes in spin and goes out and with rain dish it can gain hp during rain teams. scald being a good stab water move with the ability to cripple physical pokemon like scizor/landorus and others

:560: scafty@lefties
ability:shedskin
EVS:252hp/252spD/4defence
nature:careful
attacks:drainpunch/crunch/bulkup/rest

This pokemons so resembles Ryo Mashiba from hijame no ippo hes the grim reaper of my team and whe he sets up theres no goin back drain punch every thing and crunch pokemon who cant be drained also moxie is a good ability but shed skin is much better as people would try and cripple him but shed skin kicks in and removes it (jus like ryo) also rest makes it easy to gain hp if it cant drain and shed skin makes it a fisrt turn wake up if it activates.

;196; espeon@lightclay:
ability:magicbounce
EVS:252hp/252speed/4spA
attacks: psychic/HPfighting/reflect/lightscreen

Espeon is amazing end of the ability helps so well because it jumps in takes the pokemons set up move AKA ferrathorn the sets up a reflect then jumps back out again allowing the next pokemon that comes in takes oh so little damage and hits back with a whallop of hurt a great screener i do say an hpfighting is those dark types u cant handle jus being psychic alone.

;376; metagross@airballoon
ability:clearbody
EVS:252hp/252spD/4attack
nature:adamant
attacks:meteormash/icepunch/earthquake/agility

im not really sure on the set of evs or attcks if any1 has better ideas do tell as im willing to listen. tho i dont feel metagross is a good pokemon and the next pokemon im gonna put down as i think is a better to sweep and speed.

;461; weavile@focus sash
ability:pressure
EVS:252speed/252attack
nature:jolly
attacks:sworddance/icepunch/iceshard/nightslash

this pokemon is an innitial sweeper when used right sword dance when it comes in takes the hit focus sash saves it then crush everything in the way
its a grat pokemon and the damage it deals is so great and with its speed of 383 it out speed most pokemon and the can touch it jus gotta watch out for certain mix pokemon like infernape but its still does massive damage

so thats the team tell me what you think and what should change or so thanks for taking your time to read this and help

asterat

Banned
Metagross sia good pokemon, just try a more bulletpunch meteor mash set, for the attack up and then the sweep

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
;034; Nidoking@choice specs

Well this is the 1st of the 2 leads im gonna put down with the multiple attacks it can take down any pokemon which leads of from weather startes to pokemon who sets up entry hazards it i think its a great start as it will kill thier 1st pokemon making the battle a straight to 6-5
Choice Specs allow it to be an anti-lead. Very useful in the current metagame. You can then switch it out and it becomes a late game sweeper as well.

attacks:dracometeor/darkpulse/flamethrower/surf/thunderbolt

Well this is the 2nd lead which i think can work as well as nidoking because it has more speed and special attack but i dont know which is better for more coverage hmmm
Nidoking is better so I won't bother

;233; porygon2@evolite
ability:Download

I think this is one of the best pokemon in the game for defence becasue it takes any attack like its nothing and when you swutch in its trace ability takes the pokemons ability which means it can use it for it own help. thunder wave is to cripple any1 that gets in the way and ice beam is for most dragon types where it switches in to take that pathetic draco meteor that doesnt even do a quater of health over all it can counter own pokemon with their own ability.
Trace is an awful ability. It may seem good when you switch in on a chandlure but when are you ever going to use it? A waste of space. At least download can do something.

attacks:scald/rapidspin/roar/Substitute

Blastoise is a great phazer as well as spinner as well as a great defence it comes in spin and goes out and with rain dish it can gain hp during rain teams. scald being a good stab water move with the ability to cripple physical pokemon like scizor/landorus and others
Under rain and stuff substitute is just plain better. It recovers most of the HP in the turn it takes to use it.

:560: scafty@life orb

This pokemons so resembles Ryo Mashiba from hijame no ippo hes the grim reaper of my team and whe he sets up theres no goin back drain punch every thing and crunch pokemon who cant be drained also moxie is a good ability but shed skin is much better as people would try and cripple him but shed skin kicks in and removes it (jus like ryo) also rest makes it easy to gain hp if it cant drain and shed skin makes it a fisrt turn wake up if it activates.
Kill me for saying this but life orb makes it more bulky. It increases the damage done by drain punch so considerably that it outweighs the negatives.

;196; espeon@lightclay:
attacks: psychic/HP bug/reflect/lightscreen

Espeon is amazing end of the ability helps so well because it jumps in takes the pokemons set up move AKA ferrathorn the sets up a reflect then jumps back out again allowing the next pokemon that comes in takes oh so little damage and hits back with a whallop of hurt a great screener i do say an hpfighting is those dark types u cant handle jus being psychic alone.
HP Bug does the job of dealing with darks better and also deals with fellow psychics.
EVS:252hp/252spD/4attack

im not really sure on the set of evs or attcks if any1 has better ideas do tell as im willing to listen. tho i dont feel metagross is a good pokemon and the next pokemon im gonna put down as i think is a better to sweep and speed.
Personally I would delete this and keep weavile.
;461; weavile@focus sash
attacks:sworddance/return/iceshard/nightslash

this pokemon is an innitial sweeper when used right sword dance when it comes in takes the hit focus sash saves it then crush everything in the way
its a grat pokemon and the damage it deals is so great and with its speed of 383 it out speed most pokemon and the can touch it jus gotta watch out for certain mix pokemon like infernape but its still does massive damage
I love it. This pokemon can sweep teams with ease. This is near perfect. You only needed return to deal with infernape plus ice shard + 2 can kill anything weak to it so you don't need i-punch.
This
Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
-Iron Head
-Thunder Wave
-Fire Punch
-Stealth Rock

Is serebii's standard poke layout so try to use it.

bazooka999

<--- EVIL
After my first team there were too many flaws but i think iv got an original team which i feel is much better but in stead of the usual 6 iv got 8 pokemon 2 of which i can decide but i'll let u guys do that for me.

The team:

;034; Nidoking@lifeorb

Looks ok.
attacks:dracometeor/darkpulse/fire blast/surf

Err.. Those are 5 moves, use fire blast over flamethrower and get rid of Thunderbolt.
;233; porygon2@evolite
ability:trace
nature:Bold

Use a bold nature. Impish reduces your special attack and your attacks are all special.
nature:Bold
attacks:scald/rapidspin/roar/Toxic

Again, use Bold over impish. Toxic is useful to cripple opposing defensive pokemon.
:560: scafty@lefties

Looks ok.
;196; espeon@lightclay:
attacks: psychic/HPfighting/reflect/lightscreen

Looks OK
EVS:252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def

Use max attack and speed. Otherwise many pokemon will outspeed it even after an agility.
;461; weavile@focus sash
attacks:sworddance/low kick/ ice punch or ice shard/nightslash

You want a fighting move on weavile to take down steel-types. Use low kick over ice punch or ice shard
so thats the team tell me what you think and what should change or so thanks for taking your time to read this and help
Changes in Bold.
If you can't get a low kick weavile, use brick break.

Last edited:

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Scarf your lead. (nidoking) It works A LOT better then life orb, as many leads (especially weather) Will outspeed you and land a SE hit (for the most part), killing you. Trust me, Scarfed, its a MAJOR B**** TO KILL!!!

Kerosene

Super Palkia
^ I wouldn't listen to him. Scarfed leads aren't the best. You can predict and switch if someone will attack you super effectively.

asterat

Banned
Yuhaveeight pokemon...

Haunt

Yuhaveeight pokemon...

genius................ he asked us to help him choose 6

anyways i would keep life orb only on nidoking as its the better item here as it will allow you to change attacks all weather inducers ive seen switch early so as to preserve their weather throughout the match and you dont know which pokemon they would bring in to abuse the weather and since almost all weather teams will have atleast 2-3 pokemon that abuse weather very differently its hard to predict and also being locked in give opponent another
turn to set up
eg tyranitar lead only earth power hits supereffective so you use it excadrill come in thx to air ballon and swords dance and sweeps half your team

also i think i read somewhere that 252 hp /128 def/128 sp def is a better ev spread for an eviolite porygon