• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beware the Hindenburg, lest you be pulled down with it...

Klaus™

Banned
Ambipom @silk scarf
- technician -
Jolly
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 speed
- Double hit
- Fake out
- Pursuit
- Low sweep

the old ape. surprisingly, hes pretty powerful. the evs and nature are to max out the speed and attack. double hit is the preferred move here, first i fake out, taking out a good chunk of the opponents health, them double hitting into oblivion. pursuit allows it to hit ghosts, and works especkally well when you swap in on a specs/scarf shadow ball, lol. low sweep is just filler, mainly a support move to get on scarved switch ins and hits steels. i use silk scarf as i find that with technician, STAB, and whatnot, it gets pretty powerful. ive been thinking of trying a banded variant, but fake out is sooo powerful and just a good scout move in general.

Drifblim @flying gem
- unburden -
Adamant
252 atk/ 4 def/ 252 speed
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Will-o-Wisp
- Destiny bond

the basis of the team. the hindenburg. the evs allow it to form 4 subs and be left with 1 hp. max attack and max speed, whilst abusing unburden. as you may already know, flying is a great offensive type. i usually sub first, to scout their decision, then i set-up accordingly. WoW, to basically double my defense, and when down to one sub, and if they break it in one turn, im left with 111 hp. meaning, i take the opponeng down with me. yes, d-bond is my favorite move XD

Lanturn @leftovers
Calm
52 hp/ 252 def/ 204 SpD
- Volt switch/ice beam
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Heal bell

The cleric of the team, lanturn also functions as a great special wall. scald and thunderbolt are the main moves, with volt switch being used on predicted switch ins. heal bell is used to....heal. its used pretty often as well. again, evs grant it maximum bulk, more explanatiins will come when i edit this for pictures.

Hitmonlee @normal gem
Adamant
4 hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 speed
- Fake out
- Hi jump kick
- Rapid spin
- Stone edge/pursuit/sucker punch

the spinner. duh. what separates him from hitmontop is his ability, unburden. meaning i get a strong fake out, then am prepared to sweep. hjk for main STAB/sweeping potential. the last slot is up for grabs. stone edge allows it to hit flying types, but is rarely used. pursuit and sucker punch are great options too, allowing me to better handle ghost types, other than the weak pursuit via ambipom. max speed and max attack. nothing new.

Roserade @leftovers
Calm
252 hp/ 120 def/ 136 SpD
- Spikes
- Giga drain
- Sludge bomb
- Rest

roserade acts as my status absorber, because heal bell only has so much pp. anyways, on a balanced team, you hazards are needed. roserade sets up spikes and can put forth an offensive prescence afterward. sludge bomb and giga drain leave it walled by steel types, hence hitmonlee. the given evs give it mixed defenses while surviving most special attacks. rest allows it to heal up and switch out. nothing relatively new.

Empoleon @leftovers
Bold
252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 SpD
- Scald
- Roar
- Ice beam
- Stealth rock

honestly....hes the one i use the most to absorb attacks. as my only phazer, he has to be able to stand up to attacks. most people only look at his SpD, but his typing gives many immunities, a 4x steel immunity, grass neutral, poison immunity, and his steel typing is a defensive boom. now, scald gets a decent chance to burn, increasing his defense even further. roar phazes out pokemon that think they can set up on it and sub. stealth rock to set up rocks. of course. scald was mentioned, and ice beam hits flygon when in outrage. a fun-**** time.

i made this team a while ago, so the evs are probably off. any help on that is muchly appreciated.

some threats: this team has served me well, but some pokes stand out most,

nidoking- his coverage moves and fast speed really f**k me up

milotic- walling capabilities, of course.

dusclops- not so much a threat as a nuisance. i cant hit it well at all

sableye- same reason as above

any help is helpful as always. i will take anything...,except trolling and spam. pictures will be arriving shortly, hold your peanuts

NoteLobo

Banned
Empoleon=Evil. Nuf said.

NoteLobo

Banned
Lets agree. Klaus's team=Evil.

Happy with that?

Klaus™

Banned
Lets agree. Klaus's team=Evil.

Happy with that?

well, ofc its evil. its designed to be. but to all other raters, any comment is helpful. the team functions excellent together, but something is missing. every poke is used, but rose sometimes cant set up, and lanturn isnt used as often as id like. a good replacement would be something with great synergy, including type, offensive, and defensive, whilst taking out at least nidoking and might be able to phaze. though, if i set up spikes, ambi can outspeed and possibly ko with double hit

trident20

ground types
I have a similar Ambipom to this, but i was wondering why you use double hit instead of u-turn? With u-turn your getting free damage, and the switch because Ambipom has bad defenses. Do you use double hit to break subs? Just wondering.

Klaus™

Banned
i use double hit because it is my main STAB move, and because it can break subs. like when switching in on zapdos after it is down to its last sub. (youd be surprised how often that happens). it breaks their sub and gets a powerful hit in. i have considered u-turn over low sweep though.

Chingchar

Do you switch out at the right time if not I suggest to switch out when needed but other than that I don't know what's wrong with it good luck in future battles :)

trident20

ground types
i think it would be cool to take a chunk of damage of the first guy then uturn into your driftbloon while the fighting move doesnt hit driftbloon that way you have a free switch in.

Chingchar

i dont know what you mean. i am a good enough battler to generally know when to switch and when to not.

Sorry 'bout that. For Nidoking couldn't you put more speed investment into Empoleon and for Dusclops you could have Empoleon learn shadow claw and if you put a bit of attack investment into it it might be able to get rid Dusclops a bit quicker? I have the same problem with Milotic so I can't comment on this problem. Well anyway sorry again.
Hope this helps:)

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
shadow claw is a terrible move, empoleon needs all the defenses it has, and has a poor attack stat to begin with, and dusclops has high defenses anyway.

again, empoleon needs all the defenses it has, and will never outspeed normal nidoking. i dont think it outspeeds even with 0 spe evs and a speed lowering nature, while empoleon has max speed.

Chingchar

Okay thanks for telling me :). Would you be willing to switch any of your team members?

P.S. trying to help as much as I can.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
It appears to me that you need a stall breaker. Unfortunately the only one I can think of is crobat, and that doesn't synergies to well

Lord of Fire

The Great Conqueror
Dude, dlord, why don't you evolve your lampent to a chandelure? that way it has better defensive stats. I think

Oh, and also, infernape is a good stall/wall breaker cuz it has swords dance/nasty plot, it has good offensive stats and speed, so it's almost perfect. Isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Dude, dlord, why don't you evolve your lampent to a chandelure? that way it has better defensive stats. I think
Because he is using Lanturn... Not lampent
Oh, and also, infernape is a good stall/wall breaker cuz it has swords dance/nasty plot, it has good offensive stats and speed, so it's almost perfect. Isn't it?

Infernape is Ou... This team is uu... That's the problem