• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beyond the Rainbow! (873)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

After saving the Pokémon from an attack by Florges, Goodra got hit by an attack from the side, injuring it. While looking after it, Ash & co. are ambushed and Pikachu and the other Pokémon are all taken by Team Rocket. Ash & Co. set off to rescue the Pokémon but learn that the whole thing is a Team Rocket plot, with them forcing Florges to do their bidding at the threat of its Floette offspring. Will Ash & Co. be able to stop Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with a recap of what happened in the previous episode.

Ash and co. all go outside the cabin.

Goodra leaves the bed that it was sleeping in and decides to go after the Pokemon that captured Pikachu, Dedenne and Wooper.

Goodra is too weak to go after the Pokemon though.

Clemont informs Ash, Serena and Bonnie that Goodra was badly injured because Team Rocket attacked Goodra with their Pokemon.

They all figure out that Team Rocket might be working with Florges.

Team Rocket are with Florges, a Blue Flower Floette and the Pokemon they stole in the cave where Florges lives.

Ash and co. decide to go after their stolen Pokemon and Wooper.

Some of Florges's Pokemon attack Ash and co.

Clemont sends out his Chespin and Bunnelby to attack the Bug and/or Poison Type Pokemon.

Serena also sends out her Braixen.

Clemont and Serena decide to stay behind and fight the Pokemon.

Ash, Bonnie and Goodra continue heading towards where Pikachu, Dedenne and Wooper are.

They arrive at the cave.

Florges is in the cave with a Floette and two Seviper by her side.

Team Rocket then take their stolen Pokemon with them, as well as the Floette.

They throw a small cubed device that creates a big smokescreen.

Team Rocket use the smokescreen to escape.

They get into a big Mantine shaped plane and fly off in it.

Dare Da? Goodra.

Ash, Bonnie, Goodra and Florges are still on the ground.

Goodra throws Ash onto the plane with its antenna's.

Goodra blasta a Dragon Pulse at the ground to send it flying towards the plane.

Florges also manages to jump onto the plane with Ash and Goodra.

They enter the plane and head towards Pikachu, Dedenne and Wooper.

Team Rocket exit their piloting seats and block Ash, Goodra and Florges's path.

James sends out his Inkay and Jessie sends out her Pumpkaboo.

Ash, Goodra and Florges battle against Team Rocket's Pokemon.

The boxes that Pikachu, Dedenne and Wooper were trapped in gets broken and then they all escape.

Team Rocket gets defeated.

Team Rocket blast off.

Ash and the Pokemon escape the plane by jumping out of it.

They fall from the sky but then some of the Beedrill in Florges's army carrie them to the ground safely.

Ash and the Pokemon then reunite with everyone else.

Goodra uses Rain Dance to give some water back to the wetlands that Team Rocket stole.

Florges then uses Grassy Field on some of the wetlands.

Ash and co. all stare at the wetlands and Ash starts to say something with a shadow covering his eyes.

He tells Goodra that it should stay in the its homeland with its friends.

Ash remembers the important memories that he had with Goodra ever since he met it as a Goomy.

Serena starts to cry and then so do Bonnie and Dedenne.

Bonnie hugs Clemont while she and Dedenne cry.

Ash and co. say goodbye to Goodra who is now with its friends in the wetlands.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Pfft, it was all TR great, this guys cant write a ****ing episode without using their plot device.

So Satoshi is the one telling Goodra to stay, I was kinda expecting that, I guess the "Goodra used Satoshi to get stronger and dumped him" argument got even dumber and proven false.

Janovy

Banned
So... Does goodra get released forever or does it become like chqrizard and squirtle who come back occasionally??
It could go either way. They didn't show Ash releasing Goodra from its pokeball or anything so they can literally do anything.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
****ing amazing episode, nearly everyone who had screentime contributed, and the characters personalities played exactly how the goodbye will go down when Goodra leaves, especially Dedenne, totally expected that last hug from its good friend. Special mention to Team Rocket for their effectively making me hate them and their brand of villainy actually causing damage. But of course the star was Goodra and if not for him, the wetlands would've been damaged beyond repair because of Team Rocket. Florges is redeemed and is goddamn cute as all hell thanks to her antics in the latter half of the episode.

Where now is the dragon and the trainer? Where was the roar that was blowing? They had pass, like rain on a mountain, like wind on the meadow. The days have gone down in the West, behind the hills into shadow.

Janovy

Banned
I liked the departure, it was an emotional scene but the episode overall was just mediocre. TR ruins it once again!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I liked the departure, it was an emotional scene but the episode overall was just mediocre. TR ruins it once again!

This pretty much. I'm still confused if they were involved with this when Goodra was still a Goomy or not.
Anyways the departure was nice, and I'm hoping Goodra stays away forever.
6/10

PortugueseLynx

It was bad enough to ditch Goodra but to make Team Rocket as the plot point for the 10000000000000000th time is already old, predicable and boring. Does the writers never get tired to use them for that??? Seriously makes hard to even stand their existence. There's millions of good stories to make up for this, it started as a catfight between wild mons, let it end as it should be. Why every single issue as always to have something to do with these losers of villains? If they want to beat Yokai Watch in their game, they should start writing differently and plot smart for once. This series is still far from good writing, made some progress in this XY season but it's barely a progress. It was a problem since, like, ever, but I don't want to believe the writers are incapable to bring up some creativity.

But since they think abandoning a Goodra in like, 15 episodes pace is a good idea, I can very well keep doubting their writing skills.

And about Goodra, after this we may pretty well face it's good as dead.

Last edited:

dp045

Well the only thing bad about this episode is not made clear whether Ash libero permanently or not Goodra because all the time was out of Pokéball nor was if I leave or not to Kenzo, I hope later this is clarified as practicmante carte blanche to leave Goodra back with Ash or not.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Goodbye, Goodra. I won't forget you. ;_;
I hope Goodra will return for the Kalos League

So... Does goodra get released forever or does it become like chqrizard and squirtle who come back occasionally??

We don't know. :/

colomb

So they did make the whole thing a TR scheme even though it makes no sense since the conflict started before they ever got there.

K.N.

The episode started good with Ash sending out Frogadier and Fletchinder, I was expecting something where everyone works together to solve the problem, but of course Ash just returns them to their Pokeballs and then doesn't use them the rest of the episode.

I really wanted to like this episode but it contained all the things I don't like in XY. TR wasting screentime by explaining what they're doing and having a useless Dark Pulse and Psybeam fight, again. And even with all that exposition they never tie up any of the obvious questions like "if Florges was such a good person, why did she attack as her first option instead of just asking for help like a halfway intelligent Pokemon", they instead have them narrate their evil plot as if even children can't figure it out- it's so obvious that was written in as padding.

Then you have the direction. You have all these exciting and dramatic things things happening in the episode like Ash breaking into an aircraft, jumping down to save Goodra, him saying goodbye. I remember all the energy in the first episodes of XY when Ash was trying to calm down Garchomp and he dived down to save Pikachu. None of that energy or drama is present here.

There were some nice little moments like Serena running up to Ash and looking like she was really trying hard not to just hug him right there, but overall this episode just felt like a lot of wasted potential.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

For now, he will be classified as one of those who are dumped. But I doubt that Ash doesn't have access to him anymore. As long as Kenzo is the caretaker of the swamp, Ash can still use him, just like Squirtle. They will be rarely called because of their respective leadership responsibility.

But let's just wait for the Kalos League and the next filler arc. But don't expect Ash to win because of having Goodra with his side.

p96822

Evolve me please
Why do you guy keep on complaining about Team Rocket. It just really stupid that you have to say that they are just plot device and not great villians. Did you want someone else to be the villains of this episode like Team Flare or something which would be dumb as well as Team Rocket

K.N.

How about, you know, something bad happened in the Pokemon world, and there's actually no evil Team involved whatsoever?

I know that's a radical new idea for the show but I don't think it'd hurt to do it once in a super important plot episode where we see the departure of a major character.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So they technically left Goodra's faith ambiguous? Haha oh god here's to another year league return speculation!

Team Rocket. Love how you always have to be in the episode someway or another, you totally contribute.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
So they technically left Goodra's faith ambiguous? Haha oh god here's to another year league return speculation!

I'm FUMING. I thought we'd get a little less Goodrazz spamage in these forums from now on but apparently I was wrong, we'll just have to deal with it.

But yeah, bye Goodra or whatever.

This episode was much weaker than the first part, IMO.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I haven't seen the actual episode, just the pictures on the main site, but from what I've seen I have to say I'm disappointed with this episode mainly because it revolved around another TR scheme. The writers really need to stop using TR for everything, it's so boring to watch now and this is coming from someone who really likes the TRio. I'd rather they appeared infrequently and only when they had a decent scheme like in BW, but with their pre-BW personalities back.

As for Goodra leaving I'm a bit disappointed the writers chose to go down this route. I wanted to see Ash use Goodra on his team, much more than the Noibat he's supposed to be getting. This series is just getting more and more disappointing for me.