• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BH Team (not Blue Harvest, Balanced Hackmons)

Quick Overview:
386-speed.gif
113.gif
289.gif
94.gif
487.gif
292.gif

Balanced Hackmons is a really weird metagame, which is probably the only reason I like to play it. However, it’s also taken seriously enough that they have their own ban system that they use to balance it out (to an extent). Basically, Hackmons is an “everything goes” kind of metagame. Any Pokemon can have whatever moves and ability it wants and all EVs are maxed, which leaves base stats and typing as the only thing separating one Pokemon from another. The difference between Pure Hackmons and Balanced Hackmons is that in Balanced Hackmons, Wonder Guard, OHKO moves, Arena Trap/Shadow Tag, and Pure/Huge Power are banned. Everything else is fair game, and this has led to a strangely fun metagame, despite the fact that it’s broken as anything.

386-speed.gif

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Spore
- Clear Smog

Teravolt Deoxys-S is a pretty cool lead in BH. Many people lead with Magic Bounce users to foil any attempts at putting the opponent to sleep and/or setting up early hazards, but with Teravolt, I can bypass Magic Bounce and do whatever I want. Once I have something asleep, I can usually at least get up Rocks and one layer of Spikes, which can really make or break a BH game. Lum Berry stops the occasional opposing Spore as well, which is cool because most people who lead with their Magic Bounce Deoxys-S don’t run Lum Berry themselves so I can get the Sleep in 90% of the time. Clear Smog is kind of a weird move, but since a lot of these V-Create + Contrary users are base 90-100 speed Pokemon like Reshiram and Rayquaza, I can outspeed them at +1 and cancel out their boosts. It also beats occasional Minimize spammers, which is cool, and I can also blow right past Sturdy Shedinja with Teravolt. Btw, Teravolt > Mold Breaker because every once in a while, the opponent doesn’t pay attention to the Teravolt "alert" message and they just try switching their Magic Bounce Pokemon in on me.

113.gif

Chansey @ Eviolite
Trait: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Final Gambit
- Spore

Scarf Blissey used to be the only Imposter Pokemon used in BH. That is, until people realized that Eviolite works for Chansey even after it had transformed. The Eviolite makes Chansey so stupidly bulky that even if I lose the speed tie, I often avoid a OHKO with the extra bulk and OHKO the opponent, sweeping their team shortly afterwards. Just in case I switch in on an opposing Illusion or Imposter user, the rest of the moveset makes use of a non-transformed Chansey. Spore, Wish, and Heal Bell are all great for supporting the team, and every once in a while I can get a quick OHKO or at least a lot of damage by tossing out a Final Gambit.

289.gif

Slaking @ Lum Berry
Trait: Illusion
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
- Drain Punch

Belly Drum Slaking is the single greatest reason why Pure/Huge Power are banned. Illusion Slaking isn’t exactly a revolutionary set, but many people still fall for it. All I have to do is come in disguised as Shedinja and then Belly Drum up as the opponent switches. Once Slaking is boosted up, not much is stopping him from barreling over the opponent’s team. Drain Punch is an underrated option that lets me destroy Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Registeel, and Normal Arceus while getting some health back, which might let me set up again later. Crunch is pretty much there for Giratina, but it OHKOs easily. Lum Berry prevents random Spores and Will-O-Wisps from screwing me over. I’m running Jolly to beat opposing Regigigas and Slaking, which tend to run Adamant.

94.gif

Gengar @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Normalize
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Judgement
- Aura Sphere
- Shell Smash

This Gengar is such an underrated set. Gengar is fast and powerful, but it doesn’t have many opportunities to setup. Normalize + Skill Swap not only turns Gengar’s opponent into complete setup bait, but it also gives Gengar whatever ability the opponent had (which is usually good). Judgement + Spooky Plate prevents Imposter users from turning one of my sweeps around, since they will not have a Ghost-type Judgement and thus will be unable to touch me. I get bonus points if I can catch Shedinja with Skill Swap; not only do I cripple one of the most dangerous Pokemon in the metagame, but I get Sturdy for possibly surviving a random Shadow Sneak or something. Shell Smash > Quiver Dance because Gengar won’t be surviving many attacks anyways. As a bonus, Gengar also absorbs Toxic Spikes, which is great.

487.gif

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Tail
- Recover

This Giratina set is second to none when it comes to hazards. It spins, spin blocks, knocks back opposing hazards with Magic Bounce, and sets up Toxic Spikes (which are great in this metagame with a lack of Poison types). Giratina tends to last a long time as well with Recover, combined with its great typing and jaw dropping defenses. If I were abusing Copycat + Prankster, I’d run Whirlwind, but I like Dragon Tail for the little bit of damage it can combine with the passive damage of the opposing hazards. I chose Jolly nature because it lets me phaze out opposing Giratina (which tend to be Impish or Careful) before they can phaze me.

292.gif

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Rain Dance
- Spore / Safeguard

Shedinja takes a lot of support to use, but it’s also one of the few Pokemon that can force a checkmate long before the match is even over. You literally don’t kill Shedinja if you don’t have some sort of passive damage, and Lum Berry is a one-time lifesaver for status moves. Endeavor + Ice Shard is how Shedinja gets kills, and it usually kills at least one or two Pokemon per match. Rain Dance cancels out Sandstorm while having the bonus of weakening Sun teams and V-Create + Contrary spam. Spore is filler, but it’s a darn good filler. I’ve also run Safeguard, which is great for putting a stop to opposing status. People even run Leech Seed now just to beat Safeguard Shedinja, so you know it’s pretty good.

So yeah, that’s about it. Balance Hackmons is a weird metagame, but it’s really fun. Go try it out, and if you feel like you know enough about it, rate away!

Phoopes

There it is.
I always love seeing a BH team. Like I've told you, haven't played it in almost a year, but I do have something that might be interesting to try, and see if it works. It's similar to the Deo-S set you have now, and it's kind of my baby because now Deo-S is one of the (if not the) most used Pokemon in the meta.

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moldbreaker
+Speed Nature
- Gastro Acid
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

This set can basically sweep entire teams provided they don't have a Grass type (or some other thing that wasn't around when I played but is around now). First move is always Gastro Acid, which gets rid of their ability. That's so Prankster users can't just Spore you twice and cripple you. Second move is Spore, puts the opponent to sleep, and you'll outspeed them because it's Deo-S. Obviously, you might need to do that twice because they might have Lum Berry. Following this, you just stall with SubSeed. When I new Pokemon switches in, you'll be behind a Sub most of the time, so you Gastro Acid first and then Spore. Rinse and repeat. I guess it's stopped if your opponent uses Prankster Substitute on the first turn, but why would they? Oh, and I guess Imposter Blissey or Chansey can get you with Spore if you're not behind a Sub when they switch in too. Grass types are annoying as well, because you can't touch 'em at all, only cripple with Gastro Acid and Spore.

So yeah, that's something to try. Maybe it'll work in the current meta, maybe not. Have fun!

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
i love this metagame, but i'm not too good at it.

maybe try secret sword > aura sphere so special walls have some trouble against gengar?

I always love seeing a BH team. Like I've told you, haven't played it in almost a year, but I do have something that might be interesting to try, and see if it works. It's similar to the Deo-S set you have now, and it's kind of my baby because now Deo-S is one of the (if not the) most used Pokemon in the meta.

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moldbreaker
+Speed Nature
- Gastro Acid
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

This set can basically sweep entire teams provided they don't have a Grass type (or some other thing that wasn't around when I played but is around now). First move is always Gastro Acid, which gets rid of their ability. That's so Prankster users can't just Spore you twice and cripple you. Second move is Spore, puts the opponent to sleep, and you'll outspeed them because it's Deo-S. Obviously, you might need to do that twice because they might have Lum Berry. Following this, you just stall with SubSeed. When I new Pokemon switches in, you'll be behind a Sub most of the time, so you Gastro Acid first and then Spore. Rinse and repeat. I guess it's stopped if your opponent uses Prankster Substitute on the first turn, but why would they? Oh, and I guess Imposter Blissey or Chansey can get you with Spore if you're not behind a Sub when they switch in too. Grass types are annoying as well, because you can't touch 'em at all, only cripple with Gastro Acid and Spore.

So yeah, that's something to try. Maybe it'll work in the current meta, maybe not. Have fun!

Haha, that set looks kinda cool. I'll try it out, but that would mean having to move Stealth Rock and Spikes somewhere else on the team. I can't remember if it was like this back when you were more active in BH, but most games are won by entry hazards these days. It does look like a fun set, though.

i love this metagame, but i'm not too good at it.

maybe try secret sword > aura sphere so special walls have some trouble against gengar?

Well, purely special walls aren't particularly common in BH. The only use it would really have is in case an opponent's Blissey/Chansey comes in without transforming, which pretty much won't happen in the middle of a Gengar sweep. The perfect accuracy of Aura Sphere is also nice is also nice for those occasional Minimize trolls.

Thanks for the rates! ^_^

Gray™

Well I have never played in this meta before but I do have a suggestion.How about a Simple+Tail Glow combo?That is a 6+ Sp.Atk in one move without any recoil.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Well I have never played in this meta before but I do have a suggestion.How about a Simple+Tail Glow combo?That is a 6+ Sp.Atk in one move without any recoil.

simple shell smash is much better, because speed is everything in bh.

by the way that gengar set is beyond godly.

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
Having tested this, I find that Giratina is often lackluster, in both longevity and ability to spin. Also, while it almost always gets opportunities to set up, Gengar rarely gets the ability to kill anything; +2 isn't helping much against the defensive powerhouses, especially Heatran, even with the 2x boost on SpA.

Prankster Heart Swap on something is notable for saving your rear when you need it most, might I point out; the lack of it has kicked me in the tail a few times testing this.

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
I don't know much about BH, but looking at Shedinja, perhaps running recycle in the last slot works? I don't think Shedinja is really fast enough to pull off spore, and Safeguard really acts the same as recycle, just for five turns. Idk, that was my immediate thought when I saw that set. It is a really cool team though.

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
I don't know much about BH, but looking at Shedinja, perhaps running recycle in the last slot works? I don't think Shedinja is really fast enough to pull off spore, and Safeguard really acts the same as recycle, just for five turns. Idk, that was my immediate thought when I saw that set. It is a really cool team though.

Recycle does work, but it's really personal preference. Safeguarding on the switch is always a good one though. I personally find Recycle to be better with Red Card and stuff like that. Or on anything not named Shedinja.