• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bibarel Gnaws Best! (525)

HoennMaster

Wow, people thought the Bidoof episode sucked, Bibarel was even worse. I thought Ash and Brock already fixed all the bridges in the world? After this episode, I still wonder why people like Bibarel.

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
This episode's only saving grace was the fact that it was animated really well. Thats about it.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
After this episode, I still wonder why people like Bibarel.
Probably has something to do with the fact that Bibarel is beyond the term 'incredible' and deserves praise for being a giant beaver. What other reason could there be?

Having said that; Since when has the quality of an animé episode had any sort of bearing on one's own preference in pokémon?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I'm counting this Bibarel episode as a Brock-centric episode. He kinda showed some...er...construction knowledge in it?

By far my favorite part was when he fell off the bridge and the scene slowed down to make it seem as if after 500+ episodes Brock was falling to his emminent death...only to be saved by Croagunk. I lol'd so hard during that scene, mainly because how dramatic it was.

By the way, is it me or is Brock becoming more and more of a joke lately? Not that I mind, as I actually think the writers doing some self-referential humour to how he's kind of just the comic relief now is alot better then him being stale.

saying that his experience as the Nibi City Gym Leader back in Kanto will help him (?).
Yeah, I dunno either. Could have something to do with his father's old job...:p

Magmar and Rhydon need to stop having appearances together and their evolved forms need to start cropping up!
But this is only the second time. Besides, very heart of the volcano itself. Don't make me pull out the megaphone.;)

Dax

Legend
I hated Bibarel but in this episode I liked it. I always thought it looked dumb and I always wanted to release it but I couldn’t because in the games you can’t release a pokemon that is super happy. I thought Bibarel was absolutely funny and hot. Yes, It was hot, the way it battled was hot.

Sometimes I think Iwane takes the term monkey too seriously. I know Chimchar is obviously a monkey but when Ash called it out with everyone it looked like a dumb monkey. I felt that too in the final episode of the Tag Battle Tournament and I think Iwane was the animation director too.

love Happiny. Machamp only carried 3 rocks, then we see Pikachu and Piplup struggling with one rock and then comes Happiny carrying like 10 rocks without a sweat, lol.

They really got to stop with Rhydon and Magmar. I mean, it’s too much of them together. However I wonder if Buizel got a powerup this episode because after a long time it actually won something, with one attack.

Sudowoodo was awesome with the Razor Leaf. It’s those moments that make me dream about how awesome this anime would be with more Sudowoodo and Happiny.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. It was funny when Brock ran after the girl and almost fell off the bridge. A Boss Fantasy was classic and good to see again. It was funny when Bibarel ate Brock’s food, and then went back to relaxing. It was cool to see Iron Head. It was nice to see Croagunk get his Poison Jab in.

Dattebayo

Banned
I've seen the episode today, and I seem to like it. Bibarel wearing a headband = total awesomeness.

Crystal Clair

What did they dub Isis's name as? Isis is the green haired chick and IMO even hotter than Chigusa which makes her the hottest filler charcter ever in the CC Universe.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Pretty nice episode for a filler. Yeah, it recycled the "rotten exec who is only thinking of himself and not the safety of others, pushing anyone out of his way to get work done" cliche, and the director did look something like my friend Cullen would watch, but the Bibarel was bad-*****. Even when Ash's Pokemon couldn't save it, it broke out itself.

Nice to see some Pokemon violently resist being kidnapped by the Unholy Trio. I was getting sick of "Jessie and James steal a Pokemon and force the heroes to search for them". :D

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The first half of this ep was boring but the second half was better because of Metang/Aggron/Magmar/Rhydon.

Yeah, that last bit with them all fighting was the only good thing about the ep.

This filler kind of reminded me of Johto, go figure.

Rebeccag

This episode was ok i liked the character of Isis she was kinda cool. I also liked the idea that she was a breeder as well like brock. The director kinda scared me though i dunno why though. It was also good to see a bibarel as well as i hadnt seen one before this episode

Cobalt_Latios

It seemed to be the same name.
That's a first I'd say.

Nice to see some Pokemon violently resist being kidnapped by the Unholy Trio. I was getting sick of "Jessie and James steal a Pokemon and force the heroes to search for them". :D
If Bibarel is able to use its teeth to carve solid bedrock, I honestly don't see why it couldn't break out of "jail".

And who says beavers are lame?

I myself enjoyed this episode quite a bit. The fact that Brock overreacted to a "damsell in distress" was quite the hilarity. The overuse of the headbands was pretty neat, but I'm curious if they actually were some of the actual bands used in the game. It would have actually been neat to see what it would have done to improve Bibarel.

That Engineer looks a lot like Gutsman, but that could also be because that's the only other characer that I know that blatantly looks like that. I found the fact that Bibarel was surprisingly protective of the quarry and just bashed upon Rhydon.

Kudos to Brock for actually using Sudowoodo's Mimic for something other than cheering. It shows that he knows what he's doing... sort of.

Did anyone else but me notice that the boss fantasy had something that resembled the "Great Wall of China"? It just struck me as kind of funny.

I'm glad to see who they're using to voice some of the "old guy" characters (in case you were wondering, it was obviously Jimmy Zoppi as it sounds quite a bit like Prof. Oak).

Yes! I actually was right! The table Brock pulls out from his backpack is a collapsible one that does fold some incredible amount. Hehe, and to think, I do pay attention to this show... maybe a little too much.

~C_L~

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
A nice and entertaining episode with an elaborated plot and awesome battle action!

But two questions remain unsolved (perhaps you know an answer as I couldn´t find one within the episode):

1.) Why wasn´t Bibarel up for working anymore ? Missing its master couldn´t have been the only crucial reason because in this case it should have been obviously sad but not simply lazy.

2.) Why did the master actually leave ? Why didn´t he just keep on visiting his old friend?

Nevertheless an awesome episode which I enjoyed much!