• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bidoof, annoying or amazing

Bidoof, annoying or amazing

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon user

I'm trying to Pokeradar for a shiny Shinx but everytime i get so far a Bidoof turns up and breaks my chain, so in my oppinion Bidoof is really annoying.

NUUU pokemon master

Yes i never really liked bidoof its more like on of those thing your happy to get but hate when you get it.

NUUU pokemon master

Yes i never really liked bidoof its more like on of those thing your happy to get but hate when you get it.

dragon user

I don't really understand Bidoof because it's just a beaver that appears almost the whole way through the game

~*Lyra

Pokémaniac
When I first saw Bidoof, I was like "what the heck? It's so ugly!" But now it's grown on me and I now vote "amazing!" ;399;

Last edited:

Shiny Supercow

S*ck My PokeBalls
If his stats were a bit more bulky when evolving into Bibarel, I would definitely consider training him.

He's still annoying though :)

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
You know, Biddof takes high billing in my list of Pokemon "I just might use someday".

Maybe I should runthrough Pearl with it and the rest.

dragon user

Bidoof is amazing. Period.

When it evolves into Bibarel it'll knock the living daylights out of your team.

-Charge Beam
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Super Fang
;399;/;400; = PWNAGE

oh yeah, i give death to Bidoof with heracross and close combat

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever

LOL. I was kidding. But that Bibarel set was true.
I saw a video of someone using a Bibarel with that set, except Super Fang was replaced by Ice Beam.
He went through the Elite Four and the Champion with only that Pokémon.
Obviously, ;400; > ;399;

;399;: Why do you hate me?

Gligarz

New Bark Trainer
I find Bidoof annoying and it happened to be my only shiny I have on Platinum! UGH!

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
I find Bidoof annoying and it happened to be my only shiny I have on Platinum! UGH!

Hey, but any shiny is good! It's because "weak" Pokémon that are shiny tend to lower the value of the fact that it's shiny. Personally, I don't hate that many Pokémon, and (un)lucky Bidoof is not on that hate list.

There are people who have never had a shiny, including me. You should be grateful for the shiny you have.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Which reminds me.

Pokemon like Bidoof are the epitome of criticism from other Pokemon fans that Game Freak was running out of ideas back in the beginning days of 4th gen.

Or did they?

Anyway, I vote both...but if I had to choose one, annoying, I guess.

Annoying - When they often pop up as an encounter from time to time.

Amazing - Well, one reason only...but for D/P and not Platinum - the cowgirl south of Solaceon Town. What do we do with her? Abuse the hell out of her five Bidoofs (for EV training purposes).

Last edited:

newmoon island

Well, Id have to say both. Bidoof are annoying when I see them in the wild all the time and because their moves basically suck. They are amazing because I can use them as HM slaves and to EV train my shuckle in HP.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
Annoying - When they often pop up as an encounter from time to time.

Amazing - Well, one reason only...but for D/P and not Platinum - the cowgirl south of Solaceon Town. What do we do with her? Abuse the hell out of her five Bidoofs (for EV training purposes).

I'd have to say the same thing. It upsets me how Game Freak replaced her team to one single Ponyta.
(in a Southern U.S.A. accent) Bidoof... what the Bidoof... (Repeat x10)

Well, Id have to say both. Bidoof are annoying when I see them in the wild all the time and because their moves basically suck. They are amazing because I can use them as HM slaves and to EV train my shuckle in HP.

Haha. True as well. Shuckle has really bad HP stats, though its defenses are Uber-awesome.

Tiomasta

Not amused
I don't know why people hate Bidoof. Bidoof and Bibarel aren't ugly or poorly designed, they can have some interesting sets due to their abilities, they make great HM slaves.

1 Curse = +2 Atk, +2 Def
or
1 Swords Dance = +4 Atk

STAB Waterfall and Quick-Attack
In-game pwning much?

THATS IT ITS BIBAREL ARGUING TIME.

Ok, lets do some calculations, lets say you have a wall out, Impish Curse Bibarel (EV spread is standard:252 HP/48 Atk/120 Def/88 SpD) comes in, you switch to Heracross, and Bibarel curses like it should on the switch. Thanks to simple Bibarel has a +2 Defense Boost. Heracross uses Close Combat. This should do, 239-281 Damage, sorry that's NOT a OHKO. EVER on Max HP Curse Bibarel.

Bibarel with a Plus +2 Atk Boost from simple and curse, hits Heracross, now with -1 Def from Close Combat with Return. This does 379-446 HP Damage, 412.6 on average. This is always a OHKO. Congrats, your Heracross is now dead from the bulky beaver.

Anybody who doesn't think Cursed Simple Bibarel isn't terrifying is either ignorant, or an idiot. +2 Atk and +2 Def is simply MONSTEROUS. The -2 Speed won't matter because the Beaver is now bulky enough to take hits, and wouldn't have outsped anything anyway.

What's even worse is a Cursed Simple Bibarel with Agility Baton Passed to it. With the -2 Speed Negated, it actually outspeeds some things. Now THAT is frightening.

Ammako

THATS IT ITS BIBAREL ARGUING TIME.

Ok, lets do some calculations, lets say you have a wall out, Impish Curse Bibarel (EV spread is standard:252 HP/48 Atk/120 Def/88 SpD) comes in, you switch to Heracross, and Bibarel curses like it should on the switch. Thanks to simple Bibarel has a +2 Defense Boost. Heracross uses Close Combat. This should do, 239-281 Damage, sorry that's NOT a OHKO. EVER on Max HP Curse Bibarel.

Bibarel with a Plus +2 Atk Boost from simple and curse, hits Heracross, now with -1 Def from Close Combat with Return. This does 379-446 HP Damage, 412.6 on average. This is always a OHKO. Congrats, your Heracross is now dead from the bulky beaver.

Anybody who doesn't think Cursed Simple Bibarel isn't terrifying is either ignorant, or an idiot. +2 Atk and +2 Def is simply MONSTEROUS. The -2 Speed won't matter because the Beaver is now bulky enough to take hits, and wouldn't have outsped anything anyway.

What's even worse is a Cursed Simple Bibarel with Agility Baton Passed to it. With the -2 Speed Negated, it actually outspeeds some things. Now THAT is frightening.
That's why he said give dead to BIDOOF.

That's why he said give dead to BIDOOF.

Yes, but, Bidoof evolves into Bibarel, and plus, the Post in question was quoting a Bibarel set, he could have just said, "oh yeah, i give death to Bidoof with heracross and close combat", without quoting the post. Thus, I'm taking that as an attack to Bibarel, a creature who's strength must be realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.