• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Big Boy Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
INTRODUCING
THE

GmRwLoq.png

artwork by American Pi
A Smogon OU TOURNAMENT

ALRIGHT
ALRIGHT

So here's the deal, Sun/Moon meta has been out for such a long while and there hasn't been a Smogon OU tour here yet?? Uhh??? You don't like Smogons way of doin things?? This tour's not for you! This is gonna be an old fashioned OU Tournament! Winner take all! Only the best of the best may apply! I don't want any flimsies in this tour, no, only the top cut can! Think you got what it takes?? JOIN. Cmon, Serebii, show me you still got what it takes.

How it's gonna work:

After we receive 16 or so signups, the first round will commence. Each round will last a week. If it takes too long to get to 16 contestants we'll settle for 1 week after the most recent but only after 10. Spread the word if you can!

RULES:

1. Battles will be done in the Smogon OU tier within the 6v6 Singles environment! All clauses apply!
2. Battles will be done via Pokemon Showdown! No exceptions!
3. Battles will be done in a Best of 3 format!
4. Battlers will go under ONE Pokemon Showdown alt that'll be filled out in the form!
5. Battlers will not start their battles until the tour has started!
6. Battlers' activity will be gauged via Serebii and not just sitting around on Pokemon Showdown! So make it apparent if it comes down to activity!

Sign-Up Form
Pokemon Showdown Alt:
Timezone:

Small Stuff:

If your opponent is being kind of inactive, do just PM or VM me so we can sort of gauge the activity of you two and see who is the most active. Communicate with each other via VM (Visitors Messages) so we can come to a better consensus on the matter as well. I don't wish to see rounds going on for too long due to a reluctant opponent. So be ABSOLUTELY sure you're willing to fight in a confident and timely manner. I'm a little new on heading a forum wide tour so i'll try and be as timely, myself, as I can. If things start getting out of hand i'll call in some assistance from a more seasoned member in regards to tournys but it shouldn't be too hard! And what's a tour without a prize? The prize?
BRAGGING RIGHTS

What? You wanna medal? Feel good you won, I mean, what can I ACTUALLY give you that you want? You want somethin off this list?

http://pastebin.com/DxHejjzt
Go ahead! You can take 3 things if you win! Otherwise you get to say "hey I won the latest OU tour on Serebii!" So tell your friends.

Alrighty then! If you wanna test your mettle, sign up! Otherwise get lost! Oh and be sure if you wanna sign up, do PLEASE ensure you'll go through with it. No-Shows are lame-os...
Any questions? Ask away!
Good luck, all! Sign up and show up!​

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Man the last time i did a tour was i think guardian's cup lmao

signing up because MS is ily

Pokemon Showdown Alt: CrystalNinetales
Timezone: EST

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Ooh familiar faces...

Now let's see some fresh ones, huh?

Man the last time i did a tour was i think guardian's cup lmao

signing up because MS is ily

Pokemon Showdown Alt: Hax Princess (Assuming i still own the account lol, but if not just my old CrystalNinetales)
Timezone: EST

You gotta decide on one now!

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
Pokemon Showdown Alt: Twinyoshi45
Timezone: PT

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Pokemon Showdown Alt: FairyWitch824
Timezone: gmt -5

what the hell haven't battle in ages which im gunna get my butt wooped but at least I tried gives me practice anyway XD

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Alrighty, I was starting to worry there a bit!

Cmon now Serebii, surely we have more than 6 people willing to put up a fight, huh?? Im certainly sure hoping my clan doesn't make up the majority of this tour!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Lookie at that, Serebii's slickest 10 has arrived! Now es tiempo for the final week countdown till it starts!

Was that it then? 7 sections of competitive can muster only 10 players? Im certainly hopin for the 16 to be met by the end of the week.

Plenty of time to get teams ready and whatnot, just don't lose your nerve and NO JOHNATHONS.

When the tour starts, i'll PM you all forthwith. Then you'll have another week to complete your battles. Just keep your wits sharp!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'

ROUND%201_zpsnqx6gzok.png

Oops, it did come out kind of small, huh? Oh well, for those of you who can't read small if I didn't PM you, you're NOT playing this week! With 10 contestants we can only have 4 playing for this round. Then we'll have 8 for the next. Makes sense.

ROUND 1
IT BEGINS

Conquer Phoenix vs. EZ Target?
Cryssy vs. twinyoshi45

These are the people fighting in Round 1 in best of 3's! Remember the rules! Get into contact quickly! I'll be eyeing those messaging and activities. If you can, do post a replay as well if and when you do battle. Only Round 1 participants are battling now, remember!

The round shall end
March 2'nd 12:00 PM UTC -6

Earlier if everyone finishes timely enough, of course.

Good luck!​

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
sigh unfortunately I don't have any teams ready plus been busy with work so I can't and might not be done so give golem the win sorry about that metal I am dropping out :/

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
sigh unfortunately I don't have any teams ready plus been busy with work so I can't and might not be done so give golem the win sorry about that metal I am dropping out :/

Talked it over, Naoto Shirogane shall take your place as a sub! Hope next time we can see you in action, Fairy.
I'll let golem know.

Status
Not open for further replies.