• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Big Brother 1 - You're in the House!

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
[IC]
Z didn't seem to notice Denice there, talking to Celeste. Denice started to feel uncomfortable. "It's really not that big of a deal, Celeste." Maybe it was better if he left the two alone. He then looked back to the pearl. "Why would she think this is a big deal? Even if this was real, it wouldn't offend me." Grumpig examined the pearl closer, and it turned out to be real. "Is it possible that... she made this? ...Out of another Grumpig? ...And she wanted to hide it because she thought I would be offended by it? I'm sure she didn't make this out of a live one. And even then, why would she try and turn me into an article. Is that why she is avoiding me, cause she thought I would get mad at her for turning a dead Grumpig into jewelry? She shouldn't have to hide it from me, I would easily trust her not to turn me into jewelry. ...Maybe I should go talk to Celeste." And with that, Denice ran in the direction Celeste and Z went in order to try and set things right.

[OOC]

Everyone has their strengths, Denice has brain-power. He can think things through in a matter of seconds.

CuriousHeartless

[IC]

Scept stopped walking as Shore sped past her. He was obviously disturbed in some way, so she decided to go talk to that Sneasel from before. She traced her steps back to Switch's room and knocked on the door.

-----------------------------------------

Clay heard everything that Shore said, both in english and latin. "I knew it." He said to himself. He started running down the hall after Shore.

Shore kept turning down hallways in his pursuit of Celeste. Eventually, he entered the same hallway as Clay. Clay braced himself as the dragon rammed into him. The two entered a tangled fray as Shore tried to escape from the Rhyperior. "Dragon Dance!" Shore yelled. Three blue orbs started circling him, raising his speed and power. He burst from the fight and sped down the hall.

Clay cussed and tensed his hand. Out of the hole in his palm came a sharp claw. He grasped it and started to shake the quick claw. Then, it started glowing. He sped off after Shore, quickly closing the gap between him and the dragon.

"Stone edge!" Clay yelled as he caught up to Shore. He made pieces of the ground fly up and start hitting Shore. The attack knocked his enemy out of the sky.

"What do you want?" Shore asked.

"I know ominous latin, Shore. I know your secret." Clay responded. Shore's eyes widened as Clay continued talking. "I know you were talking to Kyurem. I know your name is Ora. I know you are pure evil. You are the son of-" Clay got cut off by Shore firing an ice beam at him. Clay fainted from the strong icy blast.

[OOC]

Plot twist. I made up this based off of the other Clay and Shore plot twist a little while back and the fact Shore speaks to Kyurem.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
[IC]
Jay Tanaka jumped as he heard someone knocking on his door. He stashed away his laptop, opened up the door, and saw Celeste, Z, and a Grumpig he didn’t recognize.

“<Thanks for retrieving her Z, but I did say that I wanted to Celeste alone. Implying that you are not welcome in here at the moment.>” Jay coaxed the monkey down the hallway.

(During this time, Jay slid a flashdrive underneath the crack of the door of the Diary Room. It was empty, except for this lone Word document: )

Here’s a few thoughts I’d like to share to the viewers:

-Made an alliance with Shore last night. The Salamence is a gentle giant, which means he should be easy to work with. Could it be that he’s the same guy who destroyed the cell phone tower and the old-school landlines? I almost want to believe that, but he seems too… gentle. (Maybe he’s holding something back… If I could make him unleash his full power and make him use it under my direction, he could be an amazing asset.) I should go speak to him some more.

-Mr. Switch Dirk will be invaluable support for me. He’s another businessman -- a stockbroker -- and a Hiun City native like me. I’m definitely going to hold out this alliance for as long as possible. It will definitely be a pitiful day when I have to let him go to earn my half-of-a-million. Not that I will be the least bit reluctant to, though.

-Z and K… I’m extremely uneasy about those two. Both are too overly social, and I have the feeling they will want to eliminate anyone who doesn’t play by the rules, written or unwritten, official or un-official. I’ll play on their side for now, but I’ve got to make sure they are eliminated pretty soon. Besides, K ruined my Pokiphone’s back!

-That Burner! What an uncultured, blundering dolt! I hope he gets eliminated early on, before he breaks anything of any importance to me!

-Celeste certainly has a knack for attracting every young male within a meter of her presense. If I could get her to play on my terms this certainly could be helpful. The problem is, Z has his eyes on her as well… (I’ve got to do something about this!)

-Maybe it’s just me, but I still can’t help but think the internet-nixing landlord has something against me…

My laptop and Bluetooth are still in hiding in my secret little place… No one has disturbed it so far, thankfully. I hate the thought of them being destroyed or robbed. Not just because I don’t have money to replace those anymore… two years ago, a huge Machamp tried to mug me on the subway. Luckily, I had my tazer with me at the time, and I managed to paralyze him and get away. Still, it scared me out of my skin, and now the thought of someone thieving from me, upfront or behind my back, simply makes my heart race.

I sure wish I had brought my tazer with me now…

Host, when you are finished reading this, please delete this file immediately and leave the blank flashdrive at my doorstep. Thanks.

-Jay Tanaka

He went back to his doorway and saw the Grumpig still standing outside. He looked at the pearly pig for awhile, and then spoke:

“<I’m afraid that goes for you too, sir.>” Jay noticed a stack of non-fiction books under the stranger’s arm. “<I appreciate your love of knowledge, but print is pretty much on its deathbed. Try e-books instead. By the way, your name?>”

“<Uh… Denice?>” said the Grumpig.

“<Right…>” Jay snapped Denice’s picture and shut the door.

Celeste was reclining on Jay’s bed, looking flirtatious. Jay, not wanting to send the seductress Houndoom any more wrong messages at the wrong time, simply pulled up a chair and sat in front of her.

“<Very unique décor you have in here, sir,>” said Celeste, complimenting the room. “<It’s hard and edgy style. I like it, though it could use more blacks and reds. Too much white.>”

“<Um, glad you like it…>” said Jay, who actually despised the room’s appearance.

He began to tell her of his offer to build her an online store…

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
[IC]

It looks like Denice would have to wait in order to talk to Celeste. Which means he had no choice but to talk to Z. "Hey, Z," he called out. Z turned around and saw Denice next to him. While Denice wasn't sure if it was the right thing, he decided to tell his problem to Z. "Z, I think Celeste is trying to avoid me." Denice took out the damaged Grumpig pearl that he picked up earlier. "From what I gathered, Celeste had this piece of clothing made from a presumably dead Grumpig, and as far as I know, she has the feeling that I would be offended by it." Denice tilted his head down and looked at the floor. "Honestly, I could care less if it was made from a real Grumpig. I have perfect confidence that she wouldn't try to turn me into a piece of jewelry. After all, we are on TV. You can't kill someone on TV. Even is this wasn't on TV, I'd highly doubt she would actually want to hurt me. ...If only I could make her understand that I hold nothing against her."

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
Update: I am still waiting on four more submissions. I have received answers from:

Celeste, Scept, Clay, Burner, Z, K, Denice, Jay Tanaka, and Vapor.

If you know you answered the challenge questions but your name is not up here, please resubmit ASAP. That is all.

@RaZoR LeAf - Is the game host allowed to post less than 200 words on a quick update/reminder post, or is the 200 word rule an absolute?

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
[OoC]
I won’t be here all day Sunday (like always), so be nice to Jay (and keep him in-character) during my absence. I should be available around noontime or the afternoon on Monday. (I’ve got finals and projects to finish. Oohhh, boy…)

I’m still waiting a response from *Jean Grey* for some input into the Jay Tanaka and Celeste conversation. Despite all of the control I get, it isn’t that fun dictating the entire conversation…
[IC]

“<I’m skilled in HTML, CSS and Flash,>” said the kimono-ferret, “<And my friend Kale can set you up with a good server. It might take me a month or two to get it up and running, but it’s doable.>”

As it seemed to Jay, Celeste couldn’t understand all of what he was talking about, but she was listening intently, perhaps even impressed. Jay continued:

“<Face it, madam: you need some way to get yourself known to your potential customers. And I need a client who can produce some products to sell. Trust me, dear. It’ll be tough to try to get your fashions and design skills into a traditional store. But marketing online, you can pander to any Joe who follows any kind of conceivable niche-interest. It makes it that easy! I know Kale would buy up your snazzy little whip in a snap.

If you help me out in this competition, I just might start up a business with you when it’s all over. You design and create your little apparel line; I’ll run and maintain the website. We’ll work together on our marketing strategy, and we’ll split the profits. That a deal?>”

Celeste thought for a moment and said, “<Can I be in charge of how the website looks? I want my store to fit my style.>”

“<I’ll have to make sure it doesn’t create any usability issues, but sure, what ever floats your Floatzel,>” said the aspiring businessman. “<Are you in, or not?>”

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
[IC]
Inspector, who'd fallen asleep in his bed, Had gotten up. Not knowing the structure of the house and the location of the several rooms, Inspector just tottled over to his door, and looked to see if there was anyone there. Inspector saw no-one, and got down, and read his Book, and wrote in his Diary and shizz.
Day One, 12/12/10 2010, 3:33PMSo, it seems all the other houseguests seem to be going everywhere. I'd just prefer to sit down and wait for Important announcements, But then again, Interaction is Interaction.
After some time, Inspector got bored. Inspector got up, and decided to find someone to talk to.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
[IC]

"Alright....I'm in. I trust you since I don't know how to use a computer very well, aside from surfing the 'net for some supplies" Celeste decided, after thinking for a long while.

"Great then, now all you need to do is to trust my judgment here, Celeste. This can be your big break, and I can help yo as much as I can, just please cooperate." Jay replied.

"Sure, just make sure you don't hurt anyone, alright? I sure as hell don't want to be made responsible for anything serious." Celeste warned.

"Don't you worry, Celeste. I'm not killing or hurting anyone here. just please listen, I know how this is played, and I know your skill level too. You in?" Jay asked.

"I'm in. I trust that you keep your word, Jay." Celeste replied as she stood up. "Thank you." Jay called out. The Houndoom looked at him. "It's no problem." She answered as she opened the door and walked out.

"Denice! You're out here?" Celeste exclaimed, her face suddenly nervous. "Celeste, let me speak..." Denice began, before being interrupted by the hellhound.

"Denice, I now that you know. I swear to Arceus that I didn't kill a Grumpig to make one of my collars. I found a dead one in an alley when I was seventeen...and decided that the black pearls were beautiful...I'm sorry Denice..." She explained, tears falling from her eyes. Denice smiled at Celeste and held his hand to her face.

"Listen Celeste, I won't judge you. I know you wouldn't kill a Grumpig, and I won't hate you for an accessory alright? Don't cry, I trust you." Denice comforted. Celeste stared into his amethyst-colored eyes, which were unusual for a Grumpig.

"Thank you...for not judging me..." Celeste whispered as she looked at DEnice gratefully.

[OOC]

AlexG123

Pokefan
Woo! Sorry bout' arrivin' so late! I had to come all da way from 54th & Crenshaw! And dat traffic is kickin'! Ok so, where is my bed? Oooh theres a king sized bed with my name on it! Scoreeee! Wait a minute, hold up! Who got their stuff on my bed! I aint havin this! I'm a grown woman! I don't sleep with strangers! what if they a psycho killer or somethin? Well you can't judge a book by it's cover. I have to meet this Celeste. Ooh I see there she's a fire type like I am! And at least I don't have to sleep with some creepy guy!
*Saaphyri looks down to the table next to her bed and sees a envelope with her name on it. She opens it up and this is what it says:*

Dear Saaphyri,
I am sorry to inform you that because of your late arrival, you have missed out on the first HoH competition. Sorry!
- BB Production

Saaphryri was furious. "Now I might be eliminated! Well, If I am eliminated first I might as well go and meet everyone and have fun!" With that, Saaphyri walks down and mixes in and is socializing with everyone.

CuriousHeartless

Code:
[OOC]

Epwna, if you wan't me to change the plot twist I made up about Shore being the son of-, then pm me and I will change it. He is your character and I don't know his past after all.

[IC]

When noone answered the door, Scept left the hallway and started looking for someone new to talk to. She went around a corner, and ran into the third weasel she met that day. A male buizel in quite obvious drag.

"Heelloo." She told him/her. "I'm Scept. What ees your name, and why are you dressing up like a women?"

[OOC]
I haven't seen much of Inspector so I can't have him respond and still be in character. Also, Inspector is meant to be a crossdresser right?

---------------------------------------

[IC]

Clay woke upp in a hospital bed with no memory of the past hour. "What happened?" He asked onne of the nurses.

"We don't know." The nurse, a Togekiss, said. "You're friend brought you in."

"My friend?" Clay questioned.

"Yes, a salamence." Another nurse, this one a tabunne, said walking up to him. The togekiss flew away, and the tabunne pulled a red vial of liquid out of her smock and handed it to clay.

"Shore." Clay said. He took a quick shot of the liquid the nurse gave him. "What was that?" He asked her.

"I don't know, that salamence gave it to me and said to give it to you. Strange." The tabunne replied picking up a clipboard attached to the end of the bed. "According to this, you didn't have a single injury or anything that could have caused fainting. You are in one hundred percent performance. Although..."

"Although what?" Clay asked

"Although, it seems you have some of your memory totally locked off."

"What!?" Clay yelled.

A knock on the door stopped the nurse from answering. Another contestant walked into the room.

[OOC]
Dun, dun, dunn. How did this happen, how will it get reversed, who came through the door. All are suprises, except the last one. Anyone who wants can be the one to visit Clay.

pikalax

Half an hour remains in the First HoH Competition. Mimi (GloomintheMasterBall), I need your answers now. If you don't give me your answers within the next half an hour, you will be eliminated from the competition.

EDIT 12:15 PM - Mimi, you have been eliminated from this competition.

Hello HouseGuests. I already explained the rules, so let's get started. Question 1: "True or False: 75% of the HouseGuests expect to form an alliance with at least one other HouseGuest this season." Please lock in your answers now.

All 12 HouseGuests locked in as 'TRUE'.

The correct answer is 'FALSE'. 90% of the HouseGuests expect to form an alliance. Since you all got this wrong, no one is eliminated in this round. Reset, and let's move on. Question 2: "True or False: Half of the HouseGuests believe that the Veto Holder is more powerful than the HoH." Answers, please.

Clay, Burner, Denice, Jay Tanaka, and Switch answered 'TRUE'; the rest answered 'FALSE'.

The correct answer is 'TRUE'. Clay, Burner, Denice, Jay Tanaka, and Switch, you all got this one right; you will all be moving on to the next round. Everyone reset, and those who got this wrong, please step down. Question 3: "True or False: Less than a quarter of the HouseGuests believe that friendships in the Big Brother House actually mean something." Lock in your answers now.

All five Pokemon answered 'FALSE'.

The correct answer is 'FALSE'. The exact opposite is true. Since everyone got this one right, no one will be eliminated. Reset and continue. Question 4: "True or False: Only a fifth of the HouseGuests expect to start a showmance this season." Answers, please.

Clay, Burner, and Switch answered 'TRUE'; the rest answered 'FALSE'.

The correct answer is 'TRUE'. Denice and Jay Tanaka, you got this wrong. Reset and step down. The rest of you, reset and continue. Question 5: "True or False: 2/3 of the HouseGuests believe that there is someone with a power even the HoH can't fathom." Answers, please.

Everyone answered 'FALSE'.

The correct answer is 'FALSE'; the vote was split 50-50. Since everyone got this one right, we move on to a tiebreaker. Please take out your chalkboards and chalk. This answer is a number. "How many of the HouseGuests actually answered the survey?" Answers, please.

Switch answered 9; the other two competitors answered 8.

The correct answer was 10. Switch, you answered 9, which guarantees your victory in the HoH competition. Congratulations. Clay and Burner, you both answered 8, so we have a tie. Please wipe off your chalkboards and PM me the answer to this question:

Tiebreaker 2: In Big Brother's Season 11, the second week's Veto competition sported the Big Brother Mint. How many total coins (NOT total dollar value) did Jeff, the Veto winner, collect?

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

I won't have access to anything that will let me find that answer for a while, so don't expect my answer for at least a half hour.

pikalax

KMG, this is a warning. 200 words/post minimum in this thread as per the RPG rules. If you want to tell me something really quickly, simply PM me.

And no cheating allowed, sorry to say. You may only guess. The person who guesses closest without going over becomes the second HoH of the week.

A note on the HoH Room: It is usually decorated with items from home. If you are HoH, your side of the HoH Room will have your stuff. After the competition, you may call the other HouseGuests up to take a tour of your HoH Room.

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
[IC]Inspector was walking through the hallway when someone called 'Scept' Walked up behind him and started talking to him. "Ohai there", Inspector said. "I err, Came here dressed up as a girl, because umm, Uhh, To uhh, The host said anyone else had to sign up as a female. So, I dressed up and this and Didn't really Fool the host. And besides, 500,000 Clams could get me A promotion for the station. And maybe I can score here, But I doubt it as much as everyone Doubts 5a + 1a + bt + 7ba + t + ba."
"Heh. To be honest, No-one's gone by my room for hours. You've been the first.
"I wonder what everyone else has been doing. I've just been sitting here, Writing in my little Diary/Journal. What have you been up to?"
[OOC]
Yes, he happens to be a Cross-Dresser. Obvious too.

pikalax

@Devastator: When I say 'Diary Room', I mean 'A room where you pour out your thoughts to America in such a way that no one else in the House knows what you're saying.' You can say and do whatever you want inside the Diary Room, and it won't affect your place in the House. In the show of Big Brother, you can only go to the Diary Room when called, and you must go there when called. FROM NOW ON, please open a Diary Room segment with the words "Character's name, please go to the Diary Room" in boldface.

I have received Clay's answer to the second tie-breaker. Will Burner's answer be closer? Who will become the second HoH for this week, and who will they nominate for eviction? It all happens soon, on Big Brother!

pikalax

Clay and Burner, please reveal your answers now.

Clay said 238 coins; Burner said 14 coins.

The correct answer is three thousand, one hundred and ninety-five coins. Clay, congratulations. You and Switch are the new Heads of Household!

Who will Clay and Switch nominate for eviction? Find out Tuesday night at 8/7C on Big Brother! And on Friday, will the Power of Veto save one of the nominees?

You may catch Big Brother After Dark every night from 9-midnight on Unova Now!

The first Have/Have-Not Competition will be hosted starting Monday. Get ready!

Last edited:

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
[IC]

Shore is deciding something big. He has his alliance with Jay, but should he trust him with showing him his true power? He thought about it, and he will. Jay will know he's not pure evil. Right? Jay will know it's just what he was born with, right? He couldn't decide. He just will do it. On his way there, he past Celeste. All of a sudden he tought: <What if I told Celeste, will she judge me?> He reached Jay's room.

"Hey Jay, know our alliance?"

" Yeah"

" I need to show you something. Know your broken Pokiphone?"

" It just got scratched"

" Oh, okay. Well, hand it to me."

" Okay"

Shore was handed the phone. In Latin, he murmured " Eoque consilio Repair" The phone was immediatly fixed. " Plus, there's a bunch of new apps " Jay's eye's widened a bit. Shore explained it: " See, i was born from a bit of Kyurem's existance. You know, Pokegod of the Elements? Anyway, once in a while Kyurem controls me, and I can't control myself. That's why I never had friends, Kyurem tortures them through me. So, what do you think?" Shore waited anxiously for the reply from Jay.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
[IC]

After Denice had sorted things out with Celeste, Denice heard something.

Denice, please go to the diary room.

Denice didn't particularly like the timing, since he really didn't have anything to say that he wanted to keep private from everyone else. But, it seemed like he didn't have much of a choice, so he decided to go to the diary room, all the way he was thinking of what to say in the diary room.

"Let's see, what to say, what to say. Ummm... Right, I guess I could go over the whole grumpig jewelry incident, but what really is there to go over? What I said to Celeste I meant. I don't hold anything against her, infact I completely trust her. ..."

Denice blanked for a second.

"What else is there to talk about. Uh... ah, yes. Now I have something to talk about. ...To be honest, I'm not sure I like that "Jay" guy. He seems kind of shadey, and something tells me he's trying to sucker Celeste in an alliance, but he also shows disdain towards me and my love of books. ...I suppose everyone has different tastes, and I guess you cannot judge a book by its cover, but still. I have the feeling that if he won the HofH challenge today, I'd be on the chopping block. And while I have trust in my friendship with Z and Celeste, I'm not sure of what everyone else thinks of me. But I might not have to worry about it just yet. As far as I know, Shore and Clay have nothing against me. ...I'm not sure they even know me that well."

As Denice finished his time in the diary room, he walked out and went back to his bedroom.

pikalax

HouseGuests, please break into teams of four for the Have/Have-Not Competition and meet me in the backyard!

The two HoHs will both be automatic Haves for the week.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
[OoC]
Wow, Shore with the power of Kyurem can magically repair stuff and give Jay new apps? Jay's certainly going to be happy about that, but make sure you don't 'godmod' too much, as in make shore overly powerful and successful in everything he does. As long as he can have his naive personality exploited and whatnot (and that his power an be a bane, too), I'm sure you'll be fine.

Interesting to note, I actually did study Latin during all four years of high school. I think I can understand what's being said up there, but I'll admit I am a bit rusty... (I need to pull out my Latin-to-English dictionary!)

So, does having your PokiPhone repaired and upgraded by an antagonistic Legendary come with some sort of catch?

[IC]
Jay was speechless. His Pokiphone now looked as new as if it just game fresh out of the box, and it was filled with ten new apps he had never seen in his life, among them a peculiar Latin to English translator. There was also one app that only seemed to open a hazy, multi-colored pixelated screen.

"This Salamence can hone in the power... of Kyurem!?" Jay thought. Living in Unova, Jay had heard of Kyurem, the Legend of not only the cold wrath of winter, but also of chaos - everything and nothing.

He didn't know too much knowledge about the ways of the Great Dragon of Wuji, but he had heard its worship was historically infamous for its blood sacrifices. And if Kyurem wasn't pleased with the tribute given by his patrons, he would go on a rampage and devour citizens from Kagome town, the place closest to it's shrine.

But still, this Salamence welded deity-sourced strength. Jay was almost giddy with the thought of being allied with someone with Legendary power. Real Legendary power!

"<This--this is amazing, kid!>" said Jay, trying to control his excitement. "<Maybe-->"

Suddenly the voice of the host rang out through the hall:

"Ladies and gentlemen, Pokemon of all types and ages! It is time to preform our first Have/Have-Not competition! Please gather into teams of four and congregate in the back yard!"

Jay grabbed Shore by the wing (as Shore walked on all fours and had no paws to spare), and led him down the hall. Jay spoke to his dragon friend:

"<All right, pal! Let's team up. But first there's a friend of mine I'd like you to meet...>"

As Jay dragged Shore to Switch's room, he didn't notice that he had his PokiPhone still running the strange, ambiguously-purposed "hazy screen" app. Nor that it began to flash the words:

Power of Ice
Comes at a Price
Tanaka Hajime
Kojondo of Hiun

MVLTVS SANGVIS FLVIT

[OoC]
Dang, I forgot how to use Latin verbs in the future tense!

Jay is teaming up with Shore

Last edited: