• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Big Brother - Season 18

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
New season started this week!

My fave house guest thus far are Frank, Nicole, Corey, James, Paulie, Da'vonne, and Paul.

state of grace

The girls this season seem really strong<3 The fact that everyone of them is a part of two different all girls alliances and trying to make sure that guy drama doesn't distract them makes me so<3
My faves are Tiffany, Bronte, Da'Vonne, Natalie, and Zakiyah, but whew, this cast is pretty stacked.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Not sure if I like the team gimmick they're doing this season, it seems to be change for the sake of change and doesn't really shake up the game in an interesting way. There's also a lot of connections to past seasons, with 4 players flat out being returnees from previous seasons (Nicole, James, Da'Vonne, and Frank), and two of them being siblings of previous houseguests (Paulie being Cody's brother and Tiffany being Vanessa's sister).

As for the game itself, I have a feeling Paul isn't going to make it to jury, he's talking too much, not working well with his team, and made it known to all of the newbies that he wants the returnees out. And he seems to think he can control everything, notice how he said he was trying to "avoid" Nicole winning HoH as if he had any choice in the matter? What an *******. I can't see him lasting long.

I'm surprised by how this show still keeps going and gets renewed.

How does the network get the funding and ok with this?

I remember years ago on this forum where people talked about it and it astounds me people are all about it still.

Which reminds me. I haven't seen MTV in years. Do they still show the real world? I've been hiding from tv in years to not want to care out of fear id be conditioned horribly like I assume the masses are.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Man, some of these newbies don't know the meaning of the word "discretion". Between Jozea blabbing his entire plan to the entire house and the girls forming an alliance in front of Tiffany, some of these houseguests are pretty much digging their own grave.

EDIT: Victor too. Sure, go ahead and tell your enemies that you won the Roadkill, that'll sure help your game.

Last edited:

state of grace

the calafiores ruin each season they're in.
oh also would love to taste the sweet tears that will run down frank's face when he finally gets evicted after all this riggage and ~twisty twists~ are put to a stop

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Finally someone other than me posts.

It's actually kind of a blessing in disguise that Frank can't be evicted this week, because whoever's evicted this week stands the best chance of getting back in because of the way the Battle Back twist works (Glenn and Jozea had to compete against each other, then the winner of that competition has to compete with Victor, then the winner of that compettion has to compete with Bronte, then the winner of that competition has to compete with whoever's evicted this week, so the longer you've been evicted the more you have to fight your way back. Not exactly a fair way to structure it), and that would've been Frank. Now if he gets evicted after this week he'll be gone for good.

But in general, I don't think this team gimmick is working, they really need to get rid of it ASAP. The teams aren't really working with each other that much, and game wise the only thing it does is make entire teams safe when one of them wins HoH, and that's actually proving to be a hindrance. It gives players safety for doing absolutely nothing and since the other team members of an outgoing HoH's team can still play, it allows one team to dominate, in this case Category 4.

state of grace

These twists are obviously just here to help the veterans and in consequent, dilutes any kind of gameplay. It's strange how I've grown to dislike the showmance alliance of Nicole/Corey/Paulie/Zakiyah more than Frank at this point. They've become so self righteous and have had inflated egos even when they're not the ones in power. Here's to a power shift of some sort and the showmances are finally put to a stop.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm actually fine with the BB Roadkill twist, that actually does a lot to change up the gameplay in a positive way. Getting to secretly name a 3rd nominee definitely throws a monkey wrench in things, and the Roadkill winner getting to renom if the Roadkill nominee wins Veto changes how you approach the POV.

I just don't like the teams because their only impact on the gameplay is pretty negative and the Battle Back is too skewed in favor of the HGs that get evicted later.

shy_taillow

non existent straw hat rikachu
And I thought I was the only joint Pokémon and Big Brother fan.

I was in agreement at the beginning of the season that the girls were looking much stronger than the guys this year. However, the tides have turned. That is no longer the case. Paulie/Paul/Victor/Corey are tight as can be and are turning all of the girls against each other. It's painfully obvious that Paulie is controlling everything right now. I think James is the only hope there is to overthrow his stampede to the final 2. If Da'Vonne does indeed end up getting backdoored this week, she needs to have that round-trip ticket. Her diary rooms are my favorite part of the show.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
And I thought I was the only joint Pokémon and Big Brother fan.

I was in agreement at the beginning of the season that the girls were looking much stronger than the guys this year. However, the tides have turned. That is no longer the case. Paulie/Paul/Victor/Corey are tight as can be and are turning all of the girls against each other. It's painfully obvious that Paulie is controlling everything right now. I think James is the only hope there is to overthrow his stampede to the final 2. If Da'Vonne does indeed end up getting backdoored this week, she needs to have that round-trip ticket. Her diary rooms are my favorite part of the show.

There's actually a theory that Da'Vonne does indeed have the round trip ticket. One of the posters hinting towards the secret room talks about a location called Ocho Rios, which some fans think is a hint that the 8th ticket is the one that holds the round trip ticket, and Da'vonne picked that one.

Anyway, what does everyone think of the America Care Package twist? This week's is kind of weak (not being a Have Not doesn't impact the game too much), but some of the later ones will likely have more of an impact (one of them guarantees the winner safety for the week, another one names them Co-HOH and allows them to pick one of the nominees).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Nope, Da'vonne didn't have the Round Trip ticket, so much for that theory. At least she made it to Jury this year.

Anyway, next week is the first Double Eviction of the year, a week later than usual.

shy_taillow

non existent straw hat rikachu
Such a disappointment. I'm glad Da seems to understand that James had to vote her out for his game's sake. They seem to be friends outside of the house, so hopefully that didn't break their friendship.

It's about time for a double; the season is halfway through. I'd hate to see this round-trip ticket twist be pointless, so let's have someone evicted in the double have it!

Colton S

Beware Bewear
Really hoping that Bridgette can make some moves and turn the house against Paulie. He's been running the show for far too long...

Hopefully he goes during the Double Eviction. Either that or send Paul, Nicole, or Corey to jury.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
It's painfully obvious Paulie is running the show yet no one is doing anything or making a move yet....? It's a shame Da'vonne, Frank and Tiffany left because they honestly seemed like very "active" players. It just doesn't seem like Nicole nor James are going to break from the status quo and make a big move, Bridgette is a whole different person without Frank, Corey/Victor/Paul follow Paulie around like puppies, Natalie does whatever James does. The only ones I have faith in to shake things up are Michelle and, maybe, Zakiyah. I'm a bit bored by this group without the "active" players, I think Da'vonne and Frank could have really dominated if they had teamed up.

state of grace

This season is AWFUL in every way possible. The only thing I want to see is seeing Paulie/Nicole/Corey SQUIRM and end up being put up on the block by either Natalie or Michelle.