• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Big Brother SPPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Rotiart: Janice is finally done! *hppidy hop hop*.

keepitsimple

site of lies
@shoz999 @GiddyupGal

168.png
: Pibu and Elle are both nominated for eviction. The votes have all been counted, and when I reveal the result, the evicted houseguest will be allowed one more post in this thread to say goodbye to their friends in the house

By a vote of 4-3, Pibu, you have been evicted from the Big Brother house

Genaller

Silver Soul
552.png
: Goodbye you strange human loving rodent :cool:.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Marinette: "Pibu is a lagomorph, which is a different order from rodents. But yes, it is sad to see you go, Pibu."

keepitsimple

site of lies
@WizardTrubbish @Dragalge @Genaller @TheWanderingMist @Cat's Eye Draco @GiddyupGal @Power Up @Kung Fu Ferret

168.png
: It's time for the Big Brother Haiku Contest! Each of you will be writing a haiku about yours truly, Glen the Ariados, and sending it to him privately in the Diary Room!

Participants: Swimmerson, Janice, Rotiart, Marinette, Pounce, Elle, Robin, Sobek
Sitting out: Stoney (as outgoing HOH he is not allowed to compete)

168.png
: So everyone probably knows this already but put briefly, a haiku is form of Japanese poetry with 3 unrhymed lines. The lines are 5, 7, and 5 syllables in that order.

Anyway the theme for this comp is that the haiku has to either say something nice about Glen or insult Glen. It's your choice which one you want to do. You'll have 48 hours (So until January 22, 2:00 PM EST) to send me one only in the Diary Room. You must not reveal to anybody which one is yours, or post yours in the thread. After I recieve one haiku from all of you or time runs out (whichever comes first), I'll post them all in the thread without sharing who wrote them, and some judges I picked out will rank them from favourite to least favourite. Points will be distributed based on these rankings. The houseguest who wrote the haiku that gets the most points from all the judges added together will be the HOH this week.

Once you submit one it can't be changed, and if there's a tie, we'll move on to a tiebreaker comp.

(Remember that like always if you don't want to compete, forfeit the comp in the diary room so I don't keep waiting for you to send an answer in.)

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Marinette: "Hmmm, interesting. A challenge of creativity rather than intelligence. Maybe being older will help me a bit with this."

Genaller

Silver Soul
Rotiart: Well look at that I actually agree with the sea snake; let’s get this game moving! :cool:

keepitsimple

site of lies
168.png
: Everyone has sent in their answers so sumbissions are now closed! Do not reveal which haiku is yours.

168.png
: I will now allow 3 judges to rank the haikus! All houseguests must not post until all 3 judges have posted, to prevent cluttering the thread

168.png
: Judges, your job is to rank these haikus in order or preference from favourite to least favourite while being blind to which houseguest sent each. Your least favourite gets 1 point, you favourite gets 8 points and the rest get the corresponding numbers in between! (for example your second pick gets 7 points, third pick gets 6, etc)

Haiku #1
Strange Ariados
Spent too much on fried donuts
Nearly drowned in glue

Haiku #2
An Ariados
Who was once a spinarak
He's the perfect host

Haiku #3
I thought he was dead
But I guess he's not, that's cool
What a handsome host!

Haiku #4
Glen is a spider
Who enjoys energy roots
He's unique that way

Haiku #5
A vicious spider
Tearing through all in his path
Feeling no remorse

Haiku #6
Glen the Spider thing
Genuinely a great dude
I do not know why

Haiku #7
Glen the weirdo bug
His actions are pretty odd
Glen is one strange bug

Haiku #8
Spider's silver web
Laced with vi-o-let toxins
Glen's perfect Spring trap

Last edited:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
132.png
:

#1: Off to an okay start, though whether pastry-expenditure makes for a good haiku subject, I'm not sure. 6/8
#2: Quite a bit of stating the obvious here, and a bit of pandering to the host. Not as descriptive as the previous. 3/8
#3: Slightly less stating the obvious, but still quite a bit, as well as some pandering. Perhaps better than the previous, but not the very first. 4/8
#4: Not sure the sentence structure really works here, but it's better than most so far. 5/8
#5: Now, this is what a haiku is meant to be: Full of heartfelt feeling, and highly evocative. Best so far. 7/8
#6: Little description, and barely hides that the author is pandering in hopes of currying favour. Worst so far. 1/8
#7: Again, little description, and possibly the most redundant of the bunch, each line carrying the same meaning. I'm somewhat torn as to whether to award this with less than the previous or not. 2/8
#8: The best was saved for last here - this has genuine imagery, which creates a gorgeous picture in the mind's eye. 8/8

Edit: No points have been lost by anyone for pandering per se. It's doing so in a non-descriptive fashion which is what loses the points.

Last edited:

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Sir Big Brother Universe Creator Henry Porkins Kuzunoha the 14th:
8 for singling out the o and therefore insulting my intelligence < 2 < 1 < 7 < 5 < 4 < 3 < 6 for honesty and addressing the very real of sometimes not knowing what appeals to you when looking at something but still feeling gravitated towards it, I sure felt like that during most of my decisions in this ranking. Very on-point social commentary!

TheWanderingMist

Marinette: "According to my calculations, we do in fact have a tie."

Status
Not open for further replies.