• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Big Brother

keepitsimple

site of lies
282.png
: Glen is dead dude

Genaller

Silver Soul
OOC: @keepitsimple actually you’re incorrect about it being random. There are optimal strategies and assuming both players did their optimal strategies the winner can be determined as early as the first move though deriving those optimal strategies requires a bit of higher math knowledge (group theor) in more complex cases, so I doubted that anyone would actually figure it out, but I was curious to see if anyone would since you guys did solve the previous logic puzzle. If you want to read more on it, look up combinatorial games in specific NIM :).

Genaller

Silver Soul
Alright the final round 2 challenge will be between Frank (@keepitsimple) and Porkins (@Josef Stylin). The time limit for this challenge is 3 days. The winner of this challenge gets 2 points. The goal of this challenge will be to provide a sentence where no 2 words contain the same number of syllables. The participant whose sentence has the most words wins. In the event of a tie the participant that submitted first wins. Submissions should be made via P.M. Here’s an example of a valid answer: (3) Cessandra (1) hates (2) cockroaches. The numbers in brackets denote the number of syllables of the following word. This may be useful: https://syllablecounter.net/.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Draco: Reminder to Porkins (@Josef Stylin) and Frank (@keepitsimple). Any slacker that does not submit a valid response by the deadline will be automatically excluded from the 3rd challenge in which case if both of you don’t give an answer then Sam will win by default. Perhaps this is Frank’s scheme in order to make this F3 round the same in execution as the F3 round that those plebeian humans perform (First Challenge: Frank -> Second Challenge: Sam -> Third Challenge: Sam which in the human variant means he’s won the round). It is saddening that those vile sapiens have influenced you so much, but if that is what you desire, then so be it!

Genaller

Silver Soul
Draco: Alright then let’s get the final challenge underway! I saw this done in the version of those vile sapiens, and I really enjoyed, so I want to do it in our version as well. It’s time for Chess!

We’ll be playing on a 6 x 6 board where the rows from bottom to top will be represented by 1 - 6 and the columns from left to right will be represented by A- F. Both of you will be playing with 1 Knight each. You both will first pick a square to start on (since Frank has more cumulative points he gets to choose first as well as the first move). After this you will each take turns making moves like a knight (so 2 steps horizontal in either direction and 1 step vertical in either direction or vice versa, and of course you need to remain within the confines of the board). Any square that either knight steps on (including the squares the knights start on) will be deemed unusable meaning neither player can ever move to that square again. The first player with no remaining legal moves will be declared the looser!

Here’s how we’ll keep track of the game:

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
B1
B2
B3
B4
B5
B6
C1
C2
C3
C4
C5
C6
D1
D2
D3
D4
D5
D6
E1
E2
E3
E4
E5
E6
F1
F2
F3
F4
F5
F6

Inside that spoiler tag is a list of every usable square on the board. First each of you (@keepitsimple and @Dragalge) need to pick your starting square. After that I will remove those 2 squares and cite them as both of your current positions. E.g. Let’s say Frank chose A1 and Sam chose B2, then I’ll post:

[spoiler “remaining squares”] (the spoiler tag will contain every square except for those chosen)

Frank; A1
Sam: B2

Suppose now that Frank wants to move to C2; this is what he should post:

[spoiler “remainnng squares”] (C2 has been removed from the previous list in the spoiler tag)

Frank: C2
Sam: B2

Now suppose Sam wants to move to D1; then what he should post is:

[spoiler “remaining moves”] (D1 has been removed from the previous list in the spoiler tag)

Frank: C2
Sam: D1

This process will continue until 1 of you can no longer move. If either of you are uncertain about how this game should work then please let me know. Let the battle to determine the final HoH begin!

OOC: Sorry about the rather complicated nature of the game though I’m doing this as an experiment to see if more interactive games like these are viable for future editions of our version of BB. I would strongly recommend that both of you use paper and pencil to keep track of the game (specifically where you and your opponent are as well as the remaining squares) though if you can keep track of the game mentally then more power to ya :). Anyways first things first; tell me what starting position each of you would like in your next post, then I’ll post the game’s starting position and we’ll go from there. Good Luck!

Last edited:

keepitsimple

site of lies
oh hold on we didn't copy the thing

282.png
: Well since I have no idea what I'm doing... E3

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
B1
B2
B3
B4
B5
B6
C1
C2
C3
C5
C6
D1
D2
D3
D4
D5
E1
E2
E4
E5
E6
F1
F2
F3
F4
F5
F6

Genaller

Silver Soul
Draco: Alright then here’s the starting postion:

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
B1
B2
B3
B4
B5
B6
C1
C2
C3
C5
C6
D1
D2
D3
D4
D5
E1
E2
E3
E4
E5
E6
F1
F2
F3
F4
F5
F6

Frank: C4
Sam: D6

Frank you have the first move. Let the final battle begin!

keepitsimple

site of lies
282.png
: Well like I said, E3

Frank: E3

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
B1
B2
B3
B4
B5
B6
C1
C2
C3
C5
C6
D1
D2
D3
D4
D5
E1
E2
E4
E5
E6
F1
F2
F3
F4
F5
F6

Genaller

Silver Soul
Draco: At each stage you need to explicitly mention your and your opponent’s position. Frank please edit your post with:

Frank: E3

Sam it's your move next!

Genaller

Silver Soul
Draco: Alright seems like you mons have gotten the hang of this. Now push on through! Frank it’s your move!

keepitsimple

site of lies
D5

Frank: D5
Sam: B5

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
B1