• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Big Money in Politics or Corporations are better than you

Silver Soul

In the 2012 U.S. elections, Mitt Romney has said the memorable line that would eventually define his campaign which is known as "Corporations are People." Which explains his donors funding SuperPACs in infinite amounts due to the Citizen's United ruling when it ruled that money counts as free speech. The 2012 election resulted in $1 billion of campaign money spent in the elections.

There are questions to if there is a limit to money contributed to politics over the constituency of the government as it may be less of a democracy and more of an plutocracy. Is money the one influencing government actions more than the constituency of the government? Do we have a representative government or was it bought in? If corporations are truly people, then should they be following the laws like a citizen would or let them do what they want since they make money for the sake of the free-market to the point of welfare to them over those in poverty?

Last edited:
This is my one and only response to this "big money in politics" point:
http://www.wolf-pac.com/the_plan

Swift and natural removal of corporate personhood is necessary as massive donations from undisclosed financers are ruining politics as we know them in our country.

Navin

MALDREAD
As Lester Freamon said in The Wire "But you start to follow the money, and you don't know where the f&%k it's gonna take you."

Maedar

Banned
When the board of directors of BP face criminal charges for the oil spill and go to jail for it, THEN I'll believe "corporations are people".

But until then, I will support any and all efforts to repeal this gross misuse of power by the Supreme Court.

Maedar

Banned
According to Senator David Vitter, the Koch Brothers are the most patriotic Americans in the history of America. More patriotic than George Washington? Wow, I haven't seen this much corporate butt-kissing since Joe Barton demanding the American people apologize TO BP for making them pay for the oil spill.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/david-vitter-koch-brothers-104873.html

And I believe that Senator David Vitter and the Koch brothers are the biggest egomaniacs in the history of America.

Unlike Washington, who had a chance to be king, but refused. Even King George III commended him for that, saying, "If true, then he is the greatest man in the world."

Silver Soul

And I believe that Senator David Vitter and the Koch brothers are the biggest egomaniacs in the history of America.

Well, the Koch Brothers apparently buy their politicians like how Vitter buys his wh0res. Hi-yo!

Unlike Washington, who had a chance to be king, but refused. Even King George III commended him for that, saying, "If true, then he is the greatest man in the world."

Seeing how Republicans are gushing about Putin, Washington would be rolling in his grave.

So I get the GOP are about the free-market, not when it concern Tesla Motors according to Chris Christie in my state.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/12/nj-tesla-ban_n_4951571.html