• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Biggest "Are you KIDDING me?!" Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Are you kidding me moment - Pokémon Silver Version

I had just beaten the Red Gyarados at the LoR.

Find another as I'm swiming to shore.

WHAAAAA!?

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
When I found out Lightningrod Zapdos can't learn Heat Wave. )':

Dragontamer1011

When I first found out I missed Arceus and Darkrai on Platinum.

When I found out I missed the Pokemon World Champions tournament.

When I figured out you can't IV breed DW pokemon with no gender.

And last, when it made me reset my clock to transfer pokemon from Emerald but was fine when I went to do it from FR...

ScolipedeMan98

My biggest "Are you KIDDING me" moment,
after hearing about the multiple shinies caught/seen by my older brother i got cocky and said "i will catch a shiny! (in platinum).
(running around outside of Eterna)
wild bidoof. KO
wild bidoof. KO
wild bi... "why is it greenish?"
My first shiny, the epic bidoof. (now a bibarel on my team named Biboss)
(First post on serebii forums!)

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
Just yesterday I was battling Cynthia's Spiritomb with my level 100 Volcarona. Tried to OHKO it with Heat Wave and it missed! Then Spiritomb used Double team but I hit it that time but guess what...IT HAD 1HP LEFT!! After that Cynthia used a Full Restore and Spiritomb used Double Team a million more times so I couldnt hit it again. After 6 turns of DTs and me missing, I just reset from my last save point.

FlyShyGuy

Neo-Geodude
On my second playthrough of White, during the battle against Cheren just outside of twist mountain, Cheren manged to get not one...not two...not three...but FOUR critical hits in a row.... FOUR!!!

At first I sent out Ferroseed against his Unfezant (I really wanted to level up my Ferro as quickly as I could, and so I hoped to Curse+Gyro Ball him to death. At the time, he was also at lv37, so I hoped the level difference would help things along). First turn, Unfezant uses air slash, but does little more than 1/3 damage which is comforting, and Gyro managed to do a fair bit. However, on the second turn, 'Fezant gets a critical hit on his air slash and KOs my Ferroseed. I then sent out my Archen. Unfezant then gets another critical hit, and puts my Archen in yellow health (which in turn, lowers it's attack thanks to defeatist)... and my Archen flinched. So, I switched to Galvantula, but on that turn, Unfezant uses air slash again and gets yet ANOTHER critical hit. Thankfully, Galvantula survived and I can outspeed Unfezant now, and used Electroweb to put an end to it. Cheren then sent out Simipour, who I also managed to outspeed. However, Galvantula's electroweb wasn't quite enough to faint Simipour. And then guess what... Simipour uses Scald, which also manages to land a fourth Critical hit from his team in a row, and puts an end to my Galvantula....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Eventually I took it down with Samurott, who (for the record) also nearly ended up getting fainted by Servine, because I got too cocky and tried to use Megahorn on it....and missed. Talk about bad luck.

I know Cheren's Unfezant has the Super Luck ability, and he's holding a Scope Lens (so effectively, there's a 25% chance of a critical hit), but even so, 3 critical hits in a row from him alone works out to a probability of around 1.56% which is still incredibly unlikely. Plus, for his Simipour to land a fourth critical hit in a row afterwards... if I've done the maths correctly, that works out to just under a 0.1% chance which is a bit rediculous. Cheren really got lucky.

Last edited:

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
getting a critical attack on leona's watchog and it doing less damge than a normal attack

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
I have 2 of them. Both involving a Pokemon Sapphire nuzlocke (so if a pokemon gets knocked out, I have to release it.)

1. I was battling a dude on the Slateport Beach, and he had a Zigzagoon so I figured my Geodude would be safe. It turned out that Zigzagoon had Surf.. Nuff said.

2. I had a Plusle that got poisoned so I rushed it to the Pokemon Center (because I also couldn't use healing items.) and it died at the Pokemon Center directly in front of the receptionist lady, so if it had 1 more HP, it would have lived....

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
Ok, You think you got it bad? Well, check out something that happened to me on Rated Wifi last week.
(Copypasta'd and compiled from similar posts from Smogon)

Basically, I managed to get my SPSigilyph up to +6Def/SPDef on this guy's Chansey (Who couldn't do anything, so it wasn't seen again) and Quagsire (who I believe didn't have Unaware) and easily killed Quag off with a Stored Power. Note that this took 13 Turns to start working. The next three, well...

Opposing Trainer Sent out HAXORUS!
Haxorus used Guillotine!
Its a OHKO!
Sigilyph fainted!

Go Cobalion!
Haxorus used Guillotine!
Its a OHKO!
Cobalion fainted!

Go Reuniclus!
Haxorus used Guillotine!
Its a OHKO!
Reuniclus fainted!
Mike lost!

See anything wrong up there? Come on. Take a guess. I'll be here all day.

No? Couldn't see it? Well. Lets start with the THREE Guillotine hits in a row. Pretty annoying, eh? But of course, it is risky to use Guillotine so many times in a row. Many Haxorus I know carry Earthquake, and Outrage (though he was burned), could have done enough to beat my back up Reuniclus, who had next to no hp left.

And this is where the BEST (Read: Worst) part comes in. The thing that is wrong? take a look at this turn again:

Go Cobalion!
Haxorus used Guillotine!
Its a OHKO!
Cobalion fainted!

A quick look at speed base stats shows that this is physically impossible. A max speed (and who wouldn't be carrying max speed) Cobalion beats a Max Speed Haxorus, and my speed stat has the proof, being at 171. There is only ONE way that both these situations could happen simultaneously. This Haxorus was carrying a Freaking CHOICE SCARF.
Thats CSHaxorus with Guillotine. That hit every Guillotine

...Yeah. I now know why its called Haxorus.
:RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE:
(Swampertforever's Wall Of Text crits you for 9999 Damage)

Crocker

Let's Roggenrola!
"Dugtrio used Slash!"
"Doduo used Fly!"
"Gastly used Ice Punch!"

?!?!?

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Foe's Porygon-Z used Hyper Beam!

It's not very effective...

Metagross fainted!

WHA?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
How bout when my Lopunny uses attract on a Cofagrigus that just happens to have a mental herb :-S Now how many people actually use that item!?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
The other day, I decided to breed a Ponyta, so I went out to the route between Village Bridge and Lacunosa Town to search for a female Rapidash. Pushing aside the fact that it took forever to find a Rapidash, are they really supposed to be such a pain in the *** to catch? I got not one, but TWO critical captures on that thing with Repeat Balls (and yes, I have Rapidash registered in the Pokédex), and they both failed. Finally got the damn thing, but I mean, come ON! I mean, it would have helped had I weakened it, but two failed critical captures with Repeat Balls on a species I already owned?! That's NOT a legendary or part of the Beldum evolution line?!

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
When I faced Noland in the Battle Factory and got him down to his last Pokemon. A Ludicolo that knew Double Team...Let's just say I got my payback after 21 more victories.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
When I faced Noland in the Battle Factory and got him down to his last Pokemon. A Ludicolo that knew Double Team...Let's just say I got my payback after 21 more victories.

Argenta in Platinum was a lot less subtle. I was using a Weavile, guess what she sends out? ****ing Rhyperior. With a goddamn Quick Claw. That activated. On Rock Wrecker. On the first turn. No prizes for guessing how that turned out.

In HeartGold, however, it was a different story. She had Bastiodon, I had Weezing. I won.

I was playing Emarald and it was Regice vs Rayquaza
the rayquaza used rest and failed. I then use blizzard and crit and it goes down to red and freezes. 21turns later after still not being able to catch it with ultra balls it defrosts and uses rest. I'm was like wtf!!!(I caught it at the end)

Status
Not open for further replies.