• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Biggest Pokemon fandom dummyspits.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Like most fandoms, the Pokemon fandom is prone to mass fan outrage when things don't go their way.

What do you think is the biggest outrage in pokemon fandom history. I've only been a part of this fandom a while, but the ice-cream hate is pretty epic....

Discuss.

BCVM22

Jiminy christmas, you want people to pick just one? Seems like there's one every other week.

I believe you err, however, in acting as if the entire fandom is up in arms as a result of any given issue. This is not the case. If the fandom is defined as every Pokémon fan worldwide, and it should be, the people on the Internet who wail and keen and gnash their teeth and threaten boycott because the Isshu starters are a a snake, a pig and an otter or because Dawn got her requisite time as the female lead in the anime and was then cast aside to the surprise of no one sensible or because of any other issue, are a relatively small but incessantly vocal minority. The thread title would be more accurate if you changed it to "Internet fandom" or "SPPF fandom" or something more indicative of the subset about which you're polling.

Last edited:

No. 1 Machop Fan

Dunno. I don't complain much about the Pokemon franchise. Almost anything goes for me.

But if I had to choose one, it's be the removal of the slot machines in HGSS. That ALWAYS causes heated discussion and arguments on chat.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Jiminy christmas, you want people to pick just one? Seems like there's one every other week.

I believe you err, however, in acting as if the entire fandom is up in arms as a result of any given issue. This is not the case. If the fandom is defined as every Pokémon fan worldwide, and it should be, the people on the Internet who wail and keen and gnash their teeth and threaten boycott because the Isshu starters are a a snake, a pig and an otter or because Dawn got her requisite time as the female lead in the anime and was then cast aside to the surprise of no one sensible or because of any other issue, are a relatively small but incessantly vocal minority. The thread title would be more accurate if you changed it to "Internet fandom" or "SPPF fandom" or something more indicative of the subset about which you're polling.

Based on what you say above, I guess I meant "Internet fandom", since I've seen people on other sites outraging, thought not to the extent that they do here. A mod can change it if they like, I don't feel it's that big of a deal.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Oh god where to start?

- 1st & 2nd elitists who think everything after G/S/C sucks conspicuous amounts of ass and cry RUINED FOREVER! and NINTENDO SHOULD HAVE STOPPED MAKING POKEMON GAMES AFTER [X]! if the creators of Pokemon change the Gameplay a bit or release a design they don't like (getting comments like ALL THE NEW MONS SUCK!).

- People who throw a neurotic fit if a Pokemon design is based of [X] and go all "GF IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS! TERMINATE FRANCHISE! TERMINATE FRANCHISE!"

- 3rd, 4th and 5th Gen elitists who are in constant war with the 1st/2nd gen elitists who think that the only reason people could prefer the 1st/2nd gen over the later ones is Nostalgia Filter.

- People who though HG/SS sucked simply because Kris was replaced by Lyra.

- As a matter of fact, people who hate the remakes because a change was made that they didn't like.

- Auraholics

- Unpleasable fans.

- People who complain about the Pokemon USA voice actors.

- The Anime fans incessant whining over the fact that "[x character] was replaced by [y character] that the (always and always will be crappy) Anime is RUINED FOREVER"

And my personal favorite

- People who complained about the colour of the grass in HGSS.

It could be worse. It could get to Sonic Internet Fanbase levels of diluted stupidity, where people think that boycotting Black/White by buying Red/Green/Blue/Yellow would get Nintendo to listen to their retarded complaints.

Last edited:

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
When they made the third generation. Notice how many Pokémon fans went online around that time.

"THERE'S NO NIGHT AND DAY! IT SUCKS!"

"I DON'T LIKE THE NEW POKÉMON! IT SUCKS!"

"MISTY IS GONE FROM THE ANIMÉ! IT SUCKS!"

"I CAN'T TRANSFER MY OLD LEVEL 132 POKÉMON THAT I GLITCHED IN BLUE! IT SUCKS!"

Was there anything people didn't complain about at that time?

Xx Flare xX

Dummyspits? theres been soo many of them that it's hard to count.

The main ones are the "This Gen pokemon look awful compared to the Previous ones!" (happened with both Gen IV and now Gen V while I've been alive and viewing the Serebii forums).

Anything Misty-related anime wise where any new episode/character ends up with Misty fandom/[insert another well-liked character here] comments on that topic.

The whole "Pokemon has died because I don't like something" is quite amusing imho.

But I'll be fair with the Pokemon whiners. They are NOTHING compared to where I came from (RuneScape forums, CoD boards,Sonic boards ect: ) So atleast it's not as bad as it may seem.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Once upon a time, some Isshu starter evos were leaked. Then everything went to hell.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
good thing im not a Sonic fan, those idiots ***** over everything.

"It's not the same voice actor. RUINED FOREVER!!!!"
"Sonic shouln't have green eyes. RUINED FOREVER!!!"
"Why didn't they explain why his eyes turned green??? RUINED FOREVER"
and many more

pokenutter

Warrior of Time
The SOVA controversy and the removal of (insert female anime character here)

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
The people that hate on ICE CREAM! ice cream is the best!

halloweenghost

I've seen many many fan rage I'm gonna go evo starters.. man that was massive and just did not seem to end no matter who brought what kind of evidence.. followed by the voice over stuff people still raise hell on that one.. despite it being almost being 5 years now..

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
The only gripe I've had so far was the removal of the slots in HG/SS. Voltorb Flip is IMPOSSIBLE for me to beat. :(

Dattebayo

Banned
Certain Pokemon characters didn't make the list in a Smash Bros. game due to their dwindled popularity in the anime (I'm not sure if that counts though).

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
I'd go with the slot removal in HG/SS. One part of the game ruined.

Dunsparce: Just never liked it.

Evolving Feebas: Needs no explanation, but still, what the heck were GF smoking?

Celebi: So far, Crystal is the ONLY main series game it can be obtained.

I like the ice cream Pokemon... it amuses me.

Also, people who say things they want to happen in games coming out or what'll happen in the anime, pass it off as fact ("Ash will leave!") and then throw a fit because what they wanted to happen ended up not happening, even if said change happened for the better. "WHAT? DAWN LEFT? HOW DARE I NOT NOTICE THAT THE FEMALE LEAVES EVERY REGION!"

- The fans with their nostalgia goggles on too tight who think that Pokémon should've ended after gen one/two and don't stop expressing that opinion.
- The ones who flame the above fantards for their opinion, causing a war.
- The ones who complain about Misty/May/Dawn being replaced.

And everything else that ~Spacial Rendation~ posted.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
People who spend WAY too much time and effort to make futile GIFs and forensic scale tests to try and prove somthing fake. If you have that much time to try and disprove a pokemon, well you know.

That or the grass color anti-fans.