• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Biggest ripoffs you've seen at a store

PokemonTrainerKaden

Firestone definitely. Overcharges for the part, overcharges for labor.

I might as well order the part from somewhere else and put it on my car myself, especially if it's aftermarket like most of mine are.
I'm just lazy about it.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Why is it that cafes in places of interest always mark up the price of normal food, today I bought a small bottle of water, which was double the price you can get from any other supermarket

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
Things in the Target store. They were running a deal on In Store Pickup so we know all of the online prices, but when we went shopping in the actual store, we were surprised by how much more everything cost in the store as opposed to online. I guess that's the deal with most places now though.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Sports stadium food is always way overpriced. It's especially evident now that in the ones I go to, they let you bring in your own food.

-Nator-

There's this one store on a certain street (withholding both names) that for some reason, prices their Reynolds Wrap ridiculously high. No, store; I'm not paying $17.99 for freakin' aluminum foil. This was a small box, mind you. They don't sell bigger boxes, and I'm kind of glad that they DON'T.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I once had the mind to buy some cheap corner store earbuds for my phone. The sound quality was awful, and they broke in a matter of minutes! That was a bad way to waste $10...Never again...

And don't get me started on downtown concession vendors...

I was personally responsible for a ripoff one day when I was pricing items out for my store...I accidentally priced a cup at $99 instead of S.99. I'm pretty sure I fixed the problem before anyone got it. Oops.

Back in the PS2 days I remember coming across a store in Nigeria that would sell one for around 150 bucks which at first seemed like a steal for that time. Problem was they sold the controller and TV cables separately at a mark up.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
To me, all Apple products are ripoffs.

Other than that, I think Xbox Live is a major ripoff. It's still charging people to play online.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
To me, all Apple products are ripoffs.

Other than that, I think Xbox Live is a major ripoff. It's still charging people to play online.
Iphones I'd put in that category, along with their computers. The former don't work that well, and the latter is just too dang expensive. Don't mind ipods though. Love the one I have. It works pretty well.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
I saw Mario Kart 8 for over $60.00 CDN(I'm Canadian)at this drug/whatever store yesterday.I know they're small,but seriously,Walmart only has it for around $40.00 CDN.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
Cinema food/drinks are ridiculous-once was charged £6.00 for 100g of sweets from a pick n mix. If I go now, I (and many other people) just hide stuff in coats/jackets.

I once pretend I was pregnant to get a bottle of coke through, and my friend hid a pizza up her skirt.

Prices of drinks in restaurants as well, and anything in the city.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Don't mind ipods though. Love the one I have. It works pretty well.

I used to be okay with them, but I'm pretty sure my 160gb model is permanently bricked and it is likely well outside warranty. I also think that they don't make anything with that kind of capacity anymore, which is, frankly, ********.

Rezzo

Occasionally
The iPod classics are fairly priced though. They last a good few years if you take decent care of them. I dropped mine into the toilet and I still got more than a year out of it after that