• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Biggest ripoffs you've seen at a store

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
idk i almost bought a $70 shirt. Almost.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
A local furniture store had its closing sale a few months back, but it turned out that a 600$ sofa at most stores would be charged for an at least 80-100% increase in price so the store was able to sell their furniture for more than the average retailer even during the closing sale...I am just glad the internet exists for price comparisons.

Reyzadren

Dark trainer
I don't know if this was a ripoff or not, but I once saw a package of plain printing paper for sale for around 9 pounds or less at a stationery shop.

Walk just a few steps to a discount store, and you can also buy a package of plain printing paper for 1 pound, which I did buy. I do not know if the quality is supposed to be inferior/superior or anything, but both products really look like the same thing to me.

AnyRandomName

Paper thin defenses
I don't know if this was a ripoff or not, but I once saw a package of plain printing paper for sale for around 9 pounds or less at a stationery shop.

Walk just a few steps to a discount store, and you can also buy a package of plain printing paper for 1 pound, which I did buy. I do not know if the quality is supposed to be inferior/superior or anything, but both products really look like the same thing to me.

I was probably at that store.

Tactical Squirtle

Probably Craigslist. When people try to sell an item for the cost of it brand new in store (in stock) or for significantly more..

Any food sold at conventions. You think sports stadiums are bad? The demand for cold drinks is so high in those saunas that people buy them at ridiculous prices.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
biggest rip off: recon 2023 and its 2 other movies. they want the usual price for movies/dvds but the movies are just so horrible that its not worth the money.

as far as conventions go. $70 for a flygon plush, the plushie was the 1 ft size pkmn. all other similar sizes were $25-40 from other shops. that large flygon plushie though was the only one i found that year. had to pass on its as tempting as it was. i still will look for a better flygon plushie.

another was a $30 for a cheap base of the line gatx-207 blitz gundam i got before an idea on the price i should pay for certain grades/sizes. it was the first model kit that i got.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Soda 12-packs from larger brands tend to be somewhere between 4-5 dollars each if they are not on sale at a given store. There's one brand I can get at a certain store for 2.50 per 12-pack.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Micro SD cards, depending on the size you want, tend to be outrageously expensive for the brand my father trusts.

Viviaren

Smug Snek
My mum paid $10 for a small tub (well, actually a cup) of icecream that taste and texture of glue. When she tried to melt it down the sink with boiling hot water it didn’t even melt at the slightest! I think $10 is absolutely ridiculous for a cup of s**tty icecream that was probably toxic or something.

HM02gon

Waiting...
I work at an amusement park gift shop and this woman was buying hair clips for her daughter that were originally $16, thank God they were on sale for like 3. It was literally two plastic clips that I could probably make at home.

Master Calem

Time traveler fool
30 bucks for some ice cream at school. What were they thinking?