• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Biiig mistake by GameFreak -_-'

Dav18id

POKé collector David
It's impossible for ships (like the one you travel to the sevii islands with) to even leave Kanto, because cycling road is blocking the way out to the ocean.

Kanto map:
http://i29.*******.com/2nbxc95.jpg

Don't tell me that the ships are going under the cycling road, becase cycling road is on ground level...

It's the same with Hoenn, the ships that goes from Lilycove to Slateport would crush pacidiflog town...

Explanation? :p

EDIT: Even if the cycling road didn't exist, the stones on the water routes would block the way -_-

Oh, and while we're on the topic of geographical mistakes by GameFreak, how come cycling road is downhill when it's on ground level?

Last edited:

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
my only answer..magic boats? XD hmm i never noticed that b4

Frossa

Pokémon Ranger Elias
Simple: one end is built higher than the other.
I checked it and the water level was the same on the start and on the end of the cycling road btw you never notice any changes if you look at the water riding it down.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
I think I saw on a map once that cycling road is a bridge and it's built above water. Could be wrong though.

Rugia Thunder

Biohazard!
I think I saw on a map once that cycling road is a bridge and it's built above water. Could be wrong though.

And you are correct, it is a bridge built above the water, as you can clearly see here.

And most likely in the case that the ship leaving Vermillion port doesn't fit under the bridge, like the S.S. Anne as far as I can tell from looking at the map, it's probably one of those bridges that opens at parts to let the bigger ships go through while small ones can just go underneath, not sure how to phrase it exactly, but you know the ones. ¬¬

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
if the bridge is already strange have you seen the creatures in it? nothing is correct in there a strange bridge would be the least unusual thing you'll encounter there.

3D depth isn't very easy to make on a GBA game like pokemon, a little imagination has to be used in order to play it.

Alex Godard

Hey guys this is my first post.

I remember once I saw an episode where the Ash, Misty and Brock when biking and they borrowed bikes from someone and if I remember correctly at the end, the bridge opens itself to let a ship pass, and Ash & Cie needed to get to the other side so they kept going, the team rocket was on the other side and they both jumped at the same time, except Ash and the others jumped a little bit higher and rolled over Jesse and James' heads to give them an extra 'boost' and Jesse and James fell in the water and that's how it ended, lol.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
If the ship is too big to fit under the bridge, then it'll simply be a bridge that opens up for ships. I mean, what other explanation is there? The boat shrinks? It turns transperant temporarily? I mean, really.

Torosiken

This is a title.
if from kanto to sevii island, sevii island is located at the center of kanto. Just see with telescope. They say small islands there

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
if from kanto to sevii island, sevii island is located at the center of kanto. Just see with telescope. They say small islands there

If that's the case, the center of Kanto has to be HUEG.

Dav18id

POKé collector David

The "small islands" you see in that telescope, is Kanto on the other side of the sea in the horizon. The sevii islands are located south of Kanto, as said in game and on the Pokéarth on Serebii.

Even if boats traveled under the cycling road in the game, the stones on the water routes would be blocking the way out to the ocean XD

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
Easy you press A+A+B+B+up+up+down+down+left+left+right+right+select+select+start.

a tube opens up, you're at your destination.

Chaos Shadow

They obvious explanation is that the stones in the water dont actually exist. If you reference the drawn maps, you'll see that the stones aren't taken into account. Your character, obviously, is pushed in by them due entirely to the fact that the game itself was designed that way, and allowing you to exit those areas would require the game to be built to accomodate a lot more space than it can hope to accomodate.

Or it could do the Grand Theft Auto thing had send missiles after you when you get too far from the edge of the map. Or let you get eaten by a shark (or Sharpedo). But really, they're just there for the sake of the game, and keeping you on a path.

I mean... if you, as an actual person living in the Pokemon world, were so inclined, you could scale those little rocks pretty easy. They're just there to provide a visible wall so you don't ask "Why can't I surf out there?" In 'reality' (so to speak, since we're talking about Pokemon here), those barriers don't exist.

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
If the ship is too big to fit under the bridge, then it'll simply be a bridge that opens up for ships. I mean, what other explanation is there? The boat shrinks? It turns transperant temporarily? I mean, really.

The boat develops engines and wings allowing it to fly....

Duh

The "small islands" you see in that telescope, is Kanto on the other side of the sea in the horizon. The sevii islands are located south of Kanto, as said in game and on the Pokéarth on Serebii.

Pokearth isn't an exact map of where the regions all are. For all we know, the Sevii Islands could be to the North of Kanto.

Even if boats traveled under the cycling road in the game, the stones on the water routes would be blocking the way out to the ocean XD

What if there was a passageway big enough for a boat to fit through the rocks, that you can't see. The boat could then just squeeze on through without a dent...

Or a Titantic incident....

frozenthunder

Master Breeder
there is no point o discus something that no matter how hard we try to figure out how it works we cant make any sence of it
but if you look a cycling road closer the gray srtips could be a bridge but it seems unlikely since ther is also dirt there too

-Raiga-

While the bridge looks to small to let any large ships through like the S.S. Anne, keep in mind the one you use to go to sevii is a much smaller boat, I would assume it could fit through the bridge.