• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bird type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno.Fan

I noticed something weird. I was playing LG (so I am assuming that this happens in RBY too) that the guy in Lt. Surge's gym says something like "Keep WATER and BIRD types out of here". I know Bird is beta for flying but I just thought that was weird.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Well the original's were glitchy and I think badly translated.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
I noticed something weird. I was playing LG (so I am assuming that this happens in RBY too) that the guy in Lt. Surge's gym says something like "Keep WATER and BIRD types out of here". I know Bird is beta for flying but I just thought that was weird.
You're name is Missingno.Fan. You should know that Missingno's type is Water/Bird.

Shiny Rokon

i guess most of the pokemon which you have before that point are flying element and bird type or appearance, cept gyarados i guess...and...and...

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Missing.No changes. I mean it's Missing.No! To give it a type would be dumb.

Guy

I don't know!
But it obviously has one. :p
Otherwise nice find. Gonna check it sometime.

Guy

I don't know!
If bird was lowercase it would make A lot of since.

hevvy j

Wait. Wasn't MISSINGNO.'s type Bird/Bird? Or Normal/Bird? It had Water Gun but it wasn't Water Type that I remember.

Bird was the beta term they were using for Flying, or something. Obviously they changed it since many Flying types weren't birds at all, but I still sometimes wish they just made it "Wind" or "Air" type and didn't give it to anything that has wings.

NES

Flip me to the side!
If i remember correctly, one of my missingno was Flying/bird... really.

Typo

been a while
By the site rules, that wasn't a bump, but it was prettly close to dying. 9 days. Or 8.

I think Bird type was only used in the oldest of the games. Like the early copies of R/B/Y. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that that is what I saw.

BCVM22

I think Bird type was only used in the oldest of the games. Like the early copies of R/B/Y. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that that is what I saw.

No. My first-run copies of Red and Blue purchased in September 1998 use "Flying-type." None of the American releases have ever used "Bird-type." It's just one of those wiggy data things that occurs when you allow the cancerous glitch that is Missingno. into your circle.

Typo

been a while
I know that I saw Bird type in my North Am. Pokemon Yellow game, and I have not found Nissing no. Still, I cannot prove it unless I look....

Status
Not open for further replies.