• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black 2 RMT, finally. Woo.

Shining Aruseus

After neglecting my Black 2 game, and basically this forum because of time, I (sort of) finished a Black 2 team. But, I feel that I'm gonna need some help tweaking it, whether that be a little or a lot.

Okay, here we go.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature (can't change it, sorry guys)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/252 SpD

- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Some people might pick on the whole Jolly nature part of this. I didn't pick Adamant because A: It already gets the huge Attack boost with CB, and B: Jolly gives it more speed; I ended up getting a 31 IV in its Atk, Speed, and HP, so it'll outrun other Scizors anyway. Its main use is an attacker, but I love the boost from Technician and its overall moveset. Seems diverse to me, to an extent.

Latios @ Choice Specs/Scarf (this is where I might need help)
Timid Nature
Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

General CSpecs/Scarf sweeper, but what I'm trouble with is deciding between Scarf of Specs. Should I take the speed boost, or the sp. atk boost? Both seem good to me, and I'm kinda leaning towards the Specs, but then I really can't decide.

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw/Dual Chop (I'm currently using Dragon Claw, but I can't decide)
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Standard CBand again, which is great. Not the Uber, obviously, too. Outrage with CB can one hit KO a lot of Pokémon in the OU tier, from what I understand, but I don't know if I should use Dragon Claw or Dual Chop. I like Dual Chop's 2x attack, plus the STAB boost and CB, but Dragon Claw seems like it'd be good, too, because of the 80 damage? Should I change the set completely? The EVs and nature won't change for the other sets, of course.

Espeon @ Light Clay/??
Timid Nature
Magic Bounce
- Psyshock (or Psychic, maybe?)
- Shadow Ball
- Reflect
- Light Screen
Ah, the Dual Screens. Such a nice trait, especially with Magic Bounce. So happy I got my hands on one of these because of the in-game event. Psyshock or Psychic is where I'm a little tedious, but I wanna say Psyshock because of the amount of physically defensive Pokémon that go into the OU tier vs. the amount of SpD.

Heatran @ Air Balloon/Life Orb
Modest Nature (can't change this, either)
EVs: Haven't started this yet, but I was thinking: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
- Stealth Rock

Or, should I use a different set/switch out it for a different Pokémon? Air Balloon for the sake of first-turn EQs, or do I pick Life Orb for the extra boost? I like it for the type diversity in the team, especially the metal and Flash Fire part.

This is where my other problem lies: I need one more Pokémon, and right now I'm thinking it should be a bulk. Yay or nay? I'd like to use a 5th gen Pokémon because this is the 5th generation, and I dunno, I just like having at least one of them on my team.
Here's a thought:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
Used as a special wall, of course. I like that idea, but this is an example to throw in that I think could be possible?

OR (although it's not a wall, it's still bulky)
Utility counter Jellicent:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
- Scald / Surf
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt

Utility counter, great for a switch-in on some threats, according to Smogon.

Uh, so, I guess that would be it for now. Any suggestions?

Zachmac

Just at first glance...
Scizor @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature (can't change it, sorry guys)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/252 SpD

- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
Generally, U-turn is preferred as Scizor's main Bug Attack. If the opponent swaps out, you can just hit them with U-turn and send in the appropriate check/counter.

If not, Bug Bite will reach 90 power, thanks to it's ability, so it'll hit harder then X-scissor would.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
You're definitely going to have to run scarf on latios, seeing as it and jellicent are going to be your only reliable terrakion counters. You'll hit a massive 525 speed with timid, outrunning nearly all of the meta. It also saves your butt against most other threats that flatten this team, especially every keldeo set and special attacking landorus incarnate (maybe not jellicent so much, but still).

Also, definitely consider at least u turn over x scissor on scizor, it'll help you get out of sticky situations against scizor counters and can get your latios in safely.

McDanger

Fairly decent team, also by what you said about the abilities, take a look at the wifi thread if you switch abilities, or battle over a simulator, i recommend pokemon showdown!

As far as a threat list goes

Top threats

dragon dance dragonite- with choice speced latios this beast can 6-0 you at +1, only things that can really do anything to stop it are CB scizor who gets killed via fire punch, and air baloon heatran, who if his ballon is popped or has the LO, dies to earthquake.

scarfed salamence- salamence is basically the same thing as dragonite EXCEPT he can spam outrage as he keeps getting attack via moxie, so he can threaten your steels. They also tend to carry fire blast and earthquake. DD salamence is even more deadly as it sets up and isnt locked in a move.

Dragon dance gyarados- gyarados can come in easy, get a boost, and go to town. Hes a mix of dragonite and salamence in the aspect that scizor doesnt really threaten him to much, and if they run moxie, he keeps gaining more attack. The best chance to stop him is jellicent, but a sub dragon dance can beat jelly one on one, of sp def jellicent via bounce and a lum berry

Double Dance thunderus- double dance thunderus preys on your teams lack of a buffer for the bolt beam combo. +2 HP ice OHKOs latios, his only resistor (+0 is a 2hko) and thunder just decimates everything.

as for threats that can outright sweep

Keldeo- keldeo threatens to KO everyone on the team bar jellicent and latios. Calm mind keldo can get around jellicent via hp ghost but then cant handle latios. This is normally solved by their main partner ttar.

Lando i- landorus falls in the same boat as keldeo except he can muscle through jellicent with earth power but because of latios`s speed he cant get a 2hko without taking a surf. He can OHKO everyone else bar jellicent, whos a 2hko, and possible scizor

agility thunderus- thuderus is back again with just agility, which is more common. As i said above, +0 hp ice is a 2hko on latios, but his LO boosted thunders OHKO everyone else, bar chomp who cant take hp ice

Mamoswine- mamoswine is an odd cause as he can OHKO heatran and garchomp, and threaten 2hkoes on everyone else, except latios if it comes in on an icicle crash or icicle spear. Scizor is an offensive check for him, as well as def jellicent.

As for replacements, i suggest mamowine>espeon as espeon really doesnt seem to help, while mamoswine can offensively check thunderus, dragonite, salamence, and landorus. He needs stealth rock up however to KO thunderus and icicle spear or prior damage to KO dragonite because of multiscale

I also suggest timid>modest on heatran and adamant>jolly on scizor like i said, check the wifi trade threads or use the similators
also air ballon>LO on heatran and choice scarf>choice specs on latios to revenge kill faster threats, and HP fire>dragon pulse
Dual chop> dragon claw on garchomp to break subs and dragonites multiscale
and U turn on scizor

Shining Aruseus

Okay, now after reading through all of these:

#loloops I actually meant to put "U-Turn" in place of "X-Scissor" on Scizor; it was my placeholder in-game right now before I got the TM for U-Turn. I'll probably just put it in a simulator like Shoddy Battle or what you recommended, mcdanger.
So, I take it I should use the stealth rock Mamoswine, then?
I'm thinking I should use the wall Jellicent? Or should I use the utility counter?