• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black 2 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumTrainer92

Veteran Trainer
Ive been training the same pokemon that I beat the elite four with and I'm trying to improve their moves so they do better in competitive battles (the team EV stats aren't listed since I'm still trying to figure them out)

SAMUROTT
bashful nature
Ability:torrent
Item:mystic water

Aqua jet, sword dance, megahorn, ice beam

Krookodile
Careful nature
Ability : intimidate
Item: rock gem

Crunch, earthquake, outrage, stone edge

Metagross
Lonely nature
Clear body
Item:twisted spoon
Psyshock, meteor mash, bulldoze, hammer arm

Eelektross
jolly nature
levitate
item: fire gem
Acrobatics, wild charge, dragon claw, flamethrower

Sawsbuck
calm nature
Serene grace
item : big root
wild charge, horn leech, jump kick, aromatherapy

Volcarona
Careful nature
flame body
Item wide lens
Hurricane, bug buzz, heat wave, quiver dance

Would really appreciate helpful tips. I know some of them need better moves to balance the team .

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Personally I don't think you should run a special move (Ice Beam) on a Swords Dance set, so you'd either want to go mixed or replace Ice Beam. Return works well > Ice Beam, getting good neutral coverage. If you want to keep Ice Beam, then I'd replace Swords Dance with either Surf or Waterfall for a more powerful alternative STAB move, and possibly go with Superpower > Aqua Jet to hit Steel-types, if you go with Surf as your STAB move.

I'm not too sure on Metagross.

Since Jolly nature lowers SpA, Flamethrower's power will be reduced on Eelektross. I'd go with Brick Break instead, which still hits Steel-types, but doesn't suffer from a drop in power.

Calm isn't the best nature for Sawsbuck since it reduces its Attack, but if you don't want to rebreed there's not much that can be done. Go with either Swords Dance or Double-edge > Aromatherapy. Sawsbuck is best at sweeping; Double-edge gets good neutral coverage and the recoil can be healed thanks to Horn Leech, whereas Swords Dance can boost your attack (and help you overcome your nature).

Hurricane isn't that good outside of the rain. Go with Giga Drain > Hurricane on Volcarona to hit Water-, Rock- and Ground-types hard and heal off any damage you might have taken while setting up Quiver Dances. Another option is Substitute to make it easier for you to set up.

Generally, it's not the best idea to go with items like Fire Gem and Mystic Water as they only boost a small amount of your Pokemon's attacks. Samurott can use a Muscle Band if going with a purely physical set, or an Expert Belt if going mixed; the former boosts the power of its physical attacks, whereas the latter boosts the power of super-effective hits. Krookodile can go with a Muscle Band for more power. Sawsbuck can run a Life Orb as it can heal off the recoil thanks to Horn Leech. Leftovers can be run on Volcarona for healing off damage while you set up and sweep, or you can go with Wise Glasses to boost the power of your special moves, though this boost may be unnecessary given Volcarona's great SpA stat and the Quiver Dance boosts. Finally, any of Leftovers, Expert Belt or Muscle Band can be used on Eelektross.

Hope this helps.

PlatinumTrainer92

Veteran Trainer
Oh ok and yeah, life orb would most likely help my sawsbuck out alot.Thanks for all the advice, this will help my team alot

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I suggest Earthquake > Hammer Arm, Zen Headbutt > Psyshock and Ice Punch > Bulldoze on 'Gross, and if you can, a Adamant Nature would be nice.
Really, Ice Punch + Earthquake some pretty nifty coverage. Hammer Arm is a good move, but its drawback is not so worth it and Earthquake pretty much deals with anything H-A would. Bulldoze is not needed with Hammer Arm and it won't be needed alongside Earthquake, as it is far superior. On the last slot, slap a Bullet Punch on him for taking off weakened foes.
The item can be either Muscle Band or Life Orb, for some power. Or a leftovers, as Metagross have some respectable bulk and a good defensive typing.

All the best!

PlatinumTrainer92

Veteran Trainer
Both tips sound great, thanks guys. Having a metagross on my team is great and its always tough when picking good move sets for it. Last time I was trying to pick a set of moves like agility or substitute to set up its other moves.

KillerDraco

I suggest Shadow Ball>Bulldoze or Shadow Ball>Psyshock, so you can defeat other Psychic types if your Krookodile died

Disagree. While Metagross's base 95 Special Attack is far from bad, it's much better off utilizing its beastly base 135 attack, making Shadow Ball a relatively poor choice. Most Psychics have relatively low defense anyway (Barring things like Bronzong, Slowbro, and opposing Metagross), so Meteor Mash is more than enough to wreck your average psychic type. A fully physical set is really the way to go, so something along the lines of Aka's set would be preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.