• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew The Gato

- Caught a Heatran with the wanted Nature and IVs, then EV trained it.
- IV bred an outstanding potential Gligar.

Currently preparing to breed an Eevee with good IVs for Competitive Battling.

I have become the luckiest man on Earth. I came across a SHINY (yes, shiny..) Black Kyurem on my first try on Black 2. I reset my whole profile because I wanted to start the game off fresh.

Kalosian

So long
On White 2, I started with my EV-training today. Didn't have time to do extremely much though, I only EV-trained 2 Pokemon: Haxorus and Latias. Got 10 left as I will train 12 Pokemon in total, that amount has always worked well for me in the past so I hope it will do so this time as well. I'll continue tomorrow, hopefully everything will be done by the end of the week. Didn't do anything on Black 2 today, I will return to the Subway tomorrow.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After beating the third gym I moved through route 4 and the desert resort, then got to Nimbasa City. The gym was giving me trouble, so after beating the gym trainers and opening the way to the gym leader I left to train up my pokemon some more in routes 5 and 16. I'm getting frustrated with the shaking grass thing... Way too many audino floating around. I'm trying to catch an Emolga to trade for a Gigalith since I won't be able to evolve my Boldore (no one to trade with), and a Pansage as I have no decent grass-types on my team or in my PC. Hopefully I do catch one soon. In the meantime, I'm getting my Darumaka and Lucario up to lvl 30 in hopes of being able to take on the gym leader without too much hassle. Though I am developing quite a dislike for the Volt Switch move.

Well, I decided I'm going to complete the living Pokedex. Right now I've seen 291/caught 230 in Unova, and seen 467/caught 303 nationally. I know it will be a pain, but I figure it will pay dividends when X/Y comes out and I only have to worry about catching the new 100-150. I'm also EV training a team to challenge the Elite 4 for a second time.

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
I have become the luckiest man on Earth. I came across a SHINY (yes, shiny..) Black Kyurem on my first try on Black 2. I reset my whole profile because I wanted to start the game off fresh.
You can't catch Black Kyurem. You must mean Normal Kyurem, right?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I spent all yesterday evening and most of this afternoon running around the Lostlorn Forest. That breeder there is very helpful with getting experience, since he challenges you every time he spots you. I evolved my Darumaka into Darmanitan and got my Lucario up to lvl 36. I eventually figured out that spraying repels before running around in the grass helps with the shaking grass thing, since I'm not running into a wild pokemon every five steps. It's like the pokeradar from Diamond and Pearl, just without the radar. I caught Vespiquen, a Cottonee to trade for Petilil, all three of the elemental monkeys, Leavanny, Roserade, and the Emolga I need to trade for Gigalith. Only thing I didn't catch was Whimsicott, and that I can evolve later.

After all that running around, I went back to the gym. Darmanitan and Lucario took down the leader's team pretty handily this time, and I got the badge. Then I taught Fly to the Mandibuzz I caught (had to mess with the DS' clock setting since I discovered on a Saturday that Mandibuzz shows up on Route 4 on Thursdays) and flew back to Virbank City so I could catch some of the critters I'd missed at the Virbank Complex. Currently I'm running around the Floccesy Ranch looking for a Dunsparce.

Then the dog started trotting around to go out, so I saved game and shut off my DS.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I finally hatched a female Calm-natured Feebas with Mirror Coat, but couldn't bring myself to start EV training it; realized it would be much faster if I acquired the Power items, so I decided to go to the PWT.
I completed the Unova Leaders and Kanto Leaders, before losing to Pryce from the Johto Leaders.
Also acquired a Bagon, which I'm going to breed to get a Salamence.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I eventually gave up on Dunsparce for the moment (ran out of repels...) and decided to move on. Not ready to take on Driftveil City's gym, I decided to make some use of the itemfinder and eventually ended up back at the Desert Resort. Though how you can call a place perpetually hidden in a sandstorm a resort is beyond me. Was running around finding hidden items when suddenly HOLY CRAP SHINY!!!

Found a shiny Darumaka. Going to look into leveling it up and evolving it and using it in place of my original one. It took me over 400 hours in Diamond to find my first shiny, and now I find one 16 hours into Black 2.

Currently about halfway through the gym. I also obtained Zorua while I was at it, and the item finder is mad at me because I couldn't go after the item it was insisting was there (guy blocking the path down to the Twist Mountain path)

Last edited:
I have been trying to hatch a shiny Snivy using the Masuda method. Today was my second day trying and just when I had filled up two whole boxes of level 1 Snivys, I realised that I could've soft reseted the whole time. I now have 60 Snivys to release. Luckily I haven't wasted too much time as I have been keeping a Volcarona with Flame Body ability in my party.

Violent Red

I have been trying to hatch a shiny Snivy using the Masuda method. Today was my second day trying and just when I had filled up two whole boxes of level 1 Snivys, I realised that I could've soft reseted the whole time. I now have 60 Snivys to release. Luckily I haven't wasted too much time as I have been keeping a Volcarona with Flame Body ability in my party.

You can't really soft-reset eggs, the Pokemon in the egg and all its attributes are decided upon the moment you receive the egg, not when it hatches.

You could save the game 1 step from hatching it, keep soft-resetting and it would hatch the exact same Pokemon every time.

I EV trained my newly acquired Lvl. 15 Plasma Genesect, taught it Thunderbolt and Ice Beam and gave it the Water Drive to combat its massive Fire weakness.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I beat the Driftveil City gym (and my Dewott is getting close to evolving), and then went back to the Lostlorn Forest to work on my shiny Darumaka. It took me all afternoon, but now I have a lvl 35 shiny Darmanitan. Once I was done that I went back to Driftveil to get the PWT stuff over with. Do I actually have to participate or can I just leave for a while? What annoys me most about things like the PWT and Sinnoh's Battle Tower is that you can't earn experience there. All that fighting and your pokemon don't earn a single experience point.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
I played Black 2 and completed Area 4 of the Black Tower.I got 2 Iron as reward.I saved the game after that.

Team:

497.png
Lv.72 Male Calm (Leaf Blade/Outrage/Aqua Tail/Aerial Ace) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:Leftovers

467.png
Lv.73 Female Hasty (Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast/Psychic) Ability:Flame Body Held Item:Expert Belt

560.png
Lv.73 Male Naughty (Crunch/Hi Jump Kick/Head Smash/Zen Headbutt) Ability:Moxie Held Item:Wide Lens

581.png
Lv.73 Female Bold (Surf/Air Slash/Ice Beam/Fly) Ability:Keen Eye Held Item:Mystic Water

476.png
Lv.73 Male Lax (Power Gem/Flash Cannon/Earth Power/Thunderbolt) Ability:Sturdy Held Item:Rocky Helmet

335.png
Lv.73 Male Quirky (Return/Close Combat/Shadow Claw/Ice Punch) Ability:Immunity Held Item:Silk Scarf

Black2
Acc: Scored a Sacred Ash from my Join Avenue Antique Shop!
Acc: Also, I restarted my Flower Shop with a new B1 NPC clerk.
Acc: New Flower Shop is already rank 3 and sells Persim Berries.

White2
Acc: I used what I learned from Black2, and I cleared the Abyssal Ruins puzzles!
Dis: I breezed thru to the end as quickly as possible in order to get rid of Zinzolin.
Dis: I still need to go back in and gather up all the Relics to sell to the billionaire.

AxelWolf

Arcanine lover!
-Been trading a lot through the GTS.
-Finally got to meet Yancy and must talk to her enough times to get her to trade with me.
-Went hunting for Audinos to level up and evolve my Pineco, Gible, Munchlax, Larvesta and Kabuto.
-Evolved Pineco to Forretress, Gible to Gabite to Garchomp, Munchlax to Snorlax and Kabuto to Kabutops.
-Captured my first shiny in-game, being a shiny Audino!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I explored the depths of Twist Mountain while I was there and I entered some caves that I couldn't access before. I flew to the Pokemon League afterwards and I bought some items there. I went south to Victory Road after that and I went to N's Castle. I found him in the main throne room and he asked if I wanted to battle. I fought against his Ice-type Pokemon and the battle itself was pretty easy except for the Hail weather condition and Froslass. I left N's Castle after winning that and I battled at Nimbasa City's Small Court and Big Stadium. I went over to the Battle Subway after that and I battled there for a bit and I left after beating seven trainers in the single line trains. I went south to my Join Avenue and I rearranged the shops. I went to Castelia City and I battled the two trainers at the Game Freak building before flying to Humilau City. I went south to Seaside Cave and saved there.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After finishing the cutscene stuff at the PWT, I wandered out to have a look at the rest of the area. Ended up in the Relic Passage and, while wandering around, I found myself in the basement of the Relic Castle. Caught myself a Volcarona while I was at it. The other passages down there were buried in sand, so I went back to Driftveil and headed to Route 6. Had the Exp Share on Zorua, so I evolved it into Zoroark, then entered Chargestone cave. Caught Joltik, Klink, and Ferroseed while I was in there, and evolved Magneton into Magnezone. The bridge in there was out, so I went back to Driftveil. Looks like I'm going to have to go through the PWT, aren't I >.<

White2
Acc: Finished gathering all the Abyssal Ruins Relics, made a cool million!
Acc: Scored a Master Ball from my Join Avenue Raffle Shop this morning!

Black2
Dis: Nothing noteworthy happened to me today. Not a darned thing. :(

Cyberra

pain in the ***
...You'd think by now that I'd know things I don't want to do are essential to the storyline. PWT being a dandy example...

...Seriously. ONE battle point. All that, and all you get for it is one measly little point? That was so not worth it.

After FINALLY escaping the PWT, I chased Cheren and Dipstik (rival) to Plasma's Big Honking Boat and beat the stuffing out of some more grunts. That done, and us evicted from said boat, I headed back over to Route 6. As I approached the Chargestone Caves I was surprised by Cobalion. Literally made me jump IRL. Now in possession of the HM for Surf, I got the hidden grottos that required surfing, but decided to leave Mistralton Cave for later. Going to see if my Ferroseed can lean Flash. Am working my way through Chargestone Cave right now. Saved game and shut off DS because I had to pick up mother from work.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I spent most of the day playing Left 4 Dead 2 (zombies!!), but I still managed to find some time for pokemon. Spent another hour or so wandering around in the Chargestone Caves, getting lost now and then and finding myself back at the entrance. You think I'd've learned after the first time I ended up back there... I was hung up in there long enough for the Rare And Elusive Tynamo to appear before me. And I caught it. This one was a female, which I actually prefer; when I started Diamond every single pokemon I caught was a male and my friends were teasing me about starting a harem.

After finally escaping the cave, I made my way to Mistralton City. I keep catching myself trying to spell that city name as Milestone or Minestrone (yes, the city is a giant bowl of soup. get with the program, brain!) and have to correct myself. Got to the Celestial Tower and caught a Litwick. I want to evolve it to Lampent, then to Chandelure, but to do so I need a dusk stone. Where can I find a dusk stone?

Prepping to take on the gym. Dewott evolved into Samurott while I was in Chargestone Cave, and I traded my Emolga for Gigalith. Everyone is coming along nicely. Moving Magnezone and Darmanitan up front, since electricity and fire seem to pack a particular punch against Flying types (I can never keep track of what's effective against what). Is there a list somewhere that'll tell me what I should and should not use against certain types of pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.