• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokk

I enjoyed the music in Village Bridge. Some NPCs played instruments or sang. I battled a few trainers in Village Birdge. I even broke a man's 999 win streak. I continued west to Opelucid City.

I met up with Iris once again. She told me about the gym leader, Drayden. She suggested I head to route 9 before going to the gym. When she departed, I explored Opelucid and healed my Pokémon. I took Iris' advice and went to route 9.
I battled trainers and a few wild Pokémon. I ended up evolving my Fraxure into Haxorus for the next gym battle.

I returned to Opelucid City and made my way to the gym. My newly-evolved Haxorus made short work of the trainers in the gym. I then proceeded to trash Drayden's team with my Haxorus. I was awarded the Legend Badge and another TM for my victory.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm about half way through evolving my pokemon. I still need to evolve like 32 and still need to evolve the others by trading and I think a couple by friendship.

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Just defeated Drayden and Marlon, and I have to say Marlon just became my new favorite character in the games. He's so chill, haha.

I easily swept Marlon's gym with my Serperior and I had no ice or dragon moves for Drayden, so I went in without any and just played the field pretty easily even though all my Pokemon were pretty underleveled.

ebevan91

I just defeated Drayden and traveled to Humilau City.

I entered the gym yesterday for the first time, and got swept by the first trainer's first Pokemon. So I had to go train some. I trained and managed to get to Drayden. Got swept by his Flygon. Went back to train some more. I leveled up a Walrein to level 45 and easily won my next time around.

My team is quite underleveled. My highest is 47 and the rest around around 45. Now I'm struggling vs. some wild Pokemon :|

So my next task will be to get my Pokemon to level 48 or so. I've also been working on the Habitat lists. I've got the first 10 or so places completed. I just need to evolve one or two from those 10, actually.

Kalosian

So long
On White 2, I transferred a ton of Pokemon, more than 60 in total, from Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver. Before doing that, I had to catch, breed and make sure I had all of them on these games, and that took a while to do. But I did it, and can now leave that behind. It also got me 2 medals on White 2: one for catching 50 or more Pokemon in one day, and one for putting 360 Pokemon in my boxes. After doing that, I evolved my Chansey into Blissey as it had reached enough happiness for that. Next up is to evolve and breed a lot of Pokemon in order to complete the National Dex. Unova is already done, so I just have the other regions left. Will go in reverse order of release and start with Sinnoh tomorrow, I plan to evolve a lot of Pokemon then for a special reason.

White2
Acc: Got my Join Avenue to rank 81. I get gym leaders nearly every day, so my avenue has been skyrocketing in rank as of late.
Acc: Prepared my Haxorus, Dragonite and Garchomp for Gen6's Fairy-types. I taught my Haxorus and Garchomp Poison Jab, and my Dragonite Iron Head.
Dis: I had to retrain my Garchomp's EVs, tho, since he used to be a mixed sweeper before I ditched Fire Blast for Poison Jab.
Acc: I also changed my Venusaur's moveset to Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb/Leech Seed/Sleep Powder so he could help defend Dragonite from Fairies.
Dis: I forgot to finish retraining my Venusaur's EVs, as he was also a mixed sweeper before I modified his moveset. He also needs a new hold item.

Black2
Acc: Changed Ampharos back to Magnezone, figured its defensive abilities would benefit my team more than Amphy's weak defenses and poor speed.
Acc: Changed the way I box Pokémon. Replacement/rotation team members go in my Main Box after HM slaves, and keep their Markings.

ebevan91

Rank 81 really? Jesus. I think the highest I've gotten so far is like 4.

Dude, that's not even using WiFi. I get five fans a day and the occasional gym leader, that's it. I don't bother with the PWT, Subway, musicals or movies, either. I probably won't stop even after I hit rank 100. I'm dedicated, I'm motivated, I'm on a quest to be the best!

W2 Acc: Got my Venusaur re-vitamined and attached a Black Sludge to him.

Kall El

..Silence..
Reading what others have posted here, is really interesting & motivates me so much more!
There's so much that I'd like to do but before anything else, I have to defeat the strongest trainers in Isshu!
It's amazing to think that, only 2 weeks or so ago, I was struggling to beat Cheren, taking me 5 attempts! Yeah, that's right, 5 attempts!
And then losing countless times to Burgh, Elesa and just having the most roller coaster of a ride, phew!
It's been quite a journey, quite a struggle. I've thoroughly enjoyed this play through, there's just been so many dramatic moments, it's unreal :] *

Since my last post, quite a lot has happened. I set off for the Pokemon league, but first I had to pass route 23 & Victory Road.
Fought so many trainers here, all where simple but rather interesting battles. I enjoyed seeing many Pokemon that I have yet to encounter on my journey. The layout of Victory Road on White 2 is interesting, & quite different to that of Black 2.
Some of my Pokemon learnt new moves, with Evire learning Thunder, & Golduck, Hydro Pump.
I like Hydro Pump, such an awesome move :3

On the way I saw N, rather unexpectedly. Hugh also decided to show face, challenging me to one final battle.
He encouraged me further, though I didn't need any right now, I'm really motivated to win, convincingly.
Making final preparations for the Elite 4, I've spent almost £200,000 on items, perhaps even more!
There's a few things I need to do before I move forward, I need to get some TM's for Reuniclus, for starters.

#Update:

Before heading to finally, finally face the Elite 4, I made a few tactical changes :]
Golduck re-learnt Ice beam, found & taught Reuniclus Shadow ball, Ferrothorn Payback.
I gave Ferrothorn the Rocky helmet, they'll think twice before throwing about physical attacks,lol :]
Entered the room. Went South west with no idea which member it would be.
Turns out it's Shautal, again I have no idea what she is leading with, so I'll go with Ferrothorn.
Wo0wow0w! She leads with Cofagrigus! That's not good at all, it can, burn me.
Wait, I have an idea. Straight switch to Flareon, it's all powered up now.
I proceed to bite, trying to flinch. No luck. I then try to overpower it with Fire blast, doesn't work either!
That thing is so damn bulky, I should also probably mention my team before we move any further.

Golduck, Level 58. Electivire, Level 59. Reuniclus, Level 55. Haxorus, Level 55. Ferrothorn, Level 56. Flareon, Level 56

Moving on, she sends out Golurk.
I have two options here, Ferrothorn or Golduck.
I know it has a fighting move, I just know it has so Ferrothorn may be a risk but it can live at least one hit.
Golduck can get an easy KO with Hydro Pump but I'd like to perserve it's PP, and just Golduck in general.
I've decided to go with Ferrothorn, it brick breaks & I live. Meh, I knew it would have something to hit me with.
Ferro hits back with Power Whip which KO's, the iron barbs + Rocky helmet strategy really drained, Golurk.
Next up Chandelure, I sent my Golduck out here, being my best match up.
It outspeeds me! Shadow ball, ouch, I live just about. Phew! Surf is enough to get the kill, that was too close for comfort..
Her next performer is Drifblim, Electivire should wrap things up from here, hopefully.
Debating whether to Thunder or Tpunch, both have their merits..Thunder, strikes her down :]
Her last Pokemon Banette, this could be a problem.
I've decided to try and overpower her, Haxorus being my weapon.
One dragon dance should do it, unless she has will-o-wisp, which is a possibility, uhh, what to do, do..
Shadow claw, I take that fairly well, that's a relief. Dragon claw should get me my first victory here, & it does..almost!
She sucker punches me, leaving me at red, that would have been embarassing.
And then check this out! She takes a dragon claw from a +1 Haxorus, are you kidding meee!
I D-claw again, anticipating her to heal but nope, sucker punches me and Haxorus goes down.
That's really frustrating, just as I was dancing to victory, that happens.
Electivire, Thunder punch, KO, I win.

Just before I head on to the next room, I have to say I'm really impressed with the designs of the E4 Rooms in B2, they're really nice :]
Next up is, let me guess, Grimsley? Yeah, it's him alright. This maybe a tougher battle then the last one, just gonna have to wait & see..
His room, by the way, looks awesome, like really awesome.
Anyways, what should I lead with here, this is tough, I have no idea what he will lead with even though I've been here so many times in the past..I feel like playing aggressive and leading with Haxorus, but something tells me I should keep him as a back up just in case..
I'm leading with...Reuniclus as it's dead weight against the Dark type, I can use it to scout for information..
Liepard, intersting. I really wish I had Focus blast here, would have been so useful!
Uhh, talk about annoying. It Fakes me out, and then attracts me. Really? Like, can't you just kill me off, or must you make this as slow and painful as possible? I break through, HP ice does a surpsingly large amount, 2 Night slashes takes my Reuniclus out though, Ferrothorn, up next. It's speed is a problem, as it may outspeed everything on my team, but that works out as a double-edged swords as Ferro can take advantage with a stronger Gyro ball.
Of course, it attracts me first...I break through! Gyro ball, finishes it easily. Awesome :]
Scrafty up next, *shudders*, I really wish I had Braviary with me here..
I need to hit it hard, tossing between Golduck, Flareon & Haxorus.
Haxorus it is, I just feel that it has enough ammunition for this.
+1 Dragon Claw thankfully puts a huge dent into Scrafty, it Rock Tomb's and does nothing, literally.
The speed drop works to his advantage, he crunches and almost kills my Haxorus, but alas I get the kill.
Krooko, Krookodileee next.. I want to send out Ferro here, but something is telling me it has a fighting type move like Superpower, or maybe even Fire Fang? Whatever, Ferrothorn it is.
Ughh, it intimdates me. That's not good at all, I hope I have enough to take it out..
Earthquake does a good amount of damage, unfortunately my Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet didn't activate here.
POWER WHIP DOES SO MUCH DAMAGE! That's amazing, now I just need one more plus a Gyro ball, after he heals.
Ohh but I end up getting a critical hit, omnom, nom, teehee :]
Absoooool, Electivire should deal with this, it somehow lives a Thunder, and finishes me with Night Slash, okay..
Flareon is back out again, well since the previous battle. Quick attack, finishes it, serves him right!
Bisharp is in for a reality check, as..or maybe not, IF HE CRITS ME AGAIN!
Didn't expect it to outspeed Flareon, but if he's gonna crit me, what does it matter?
Golduck's up next, Bisharps Quick claw activates..Quick claw? Night slashes, crits me AGAIN! I live somehow, Hydro pump should finish things off, NOT UNLESS I MISS AGAIN! Wo0w! What's with all the hax?
That's terrible, well I'll have to sack Ferrothorn & heal Golduck in the process, stupid RNG, stupid Bisharp.
As I heal Golduck, Grimsley is seriously showing off his stupidity as he's attacks my Ferrothorn with X-scissor?
Iron barbs & Rocky Helmet takes it's toll, brings me down to 6HP, with all that residual damage Ferro finishes him with Power Whip.
How utterly embarrassing, Iron Barbs & Rocky Helmet just trolled him so hard, he deserves it.
I beat Grimsley, that should have been a little more straight forward, not for the numerous crits and misses though.

That battle has took a lot out of my team, frustratingly. Where's the justice?
Healing up, just thinking that if I do get past Caitlin & Marshall, what will I do of Iris?
In Black 2, I scraped past her but back then my team was better prepared for him.
This time it's on challenge mode, and I feel like my team doesn't match up too well against her.
I do have Electivire & Golduck with Ice attacks, Reuniclus & Ferrothorn who could do some damage, hmm..

Next room to the right of Grimsely, I guess right last time, uhh Caitlin? Yeah, it's her :]
She has a beautiful room, the glittery effect is, it's amazing.
By the way, I've decided to lead with Haxorus. The more EXP it gets here the better, I want it to be ready for Iris, level wise.
She leads with Munna, that's frightening, almost. I know how strong Munna's can be from battling her in the past.
Dragon dance, she Hypnosis & here it comes, oh but it misses! Ahaha, that's great.
Dragon dance, again! Hypnosis, she hits this time.
I heal, & Dragon dance again.
I know, I'm getting greedy here, & asking for a crit, which with my recent luck is not impossible at all.
Hypnosis again, bleh, how boring!
I'm not healing, lets see what she can throw at me! Dream eater? Ouch, that almost knocks Haxorus out.
Well, that was very smart of me, I'm healing!
Well, that's something, Munna lives a +3 Dragon claw and puts me to sleep, what is this madness?
I know she's healing, I know that I am too, she won't escape this time!
Uhhhh, she lives again! And puts me to sleep, how bloody annoying.
Well, I don't usually use items too much, but I feel that this is the right time, Full heal!
Munna is down, Sigilyph next. I really hate Sigilyphs, or the experience of fighting one.
I feel like Haxorus could sweep here, which would be an amazing feet.
Though with some luck, & over powering tactics,
Sigilyph down, Reuniclus finished, easily with Haxorus finally reaching his next level, 56.
Ohh, Metagross, that's interesting. Can dig kill Metagross? It does, surprisingly.
Only Gothitelle remaining, I take it out & Haxorus gets a clear sweep!
Caitlin was relatively easy, I guess that's down to me setting up with Haxorus but I deserved that, after what happened against Grimsley.

There's only one E4 member left here, Marshall. I know he's tough & I won't get away with the tactic I used against Caitlin.
Marshall's room is really well designed, I really like it, I like all the rooms so far!
First match up is Golduck vs Throh. From my experience on Victory Road, I know how bulky they are.
Hydro Pump does huge damage, another will kill from here! & it does, nice work Golduck :]
Mienshao is up next, I send out Reuniclus but he U-turns, does a lot of damage and switches in to Lucario.
Luke is down pretty low from the incoming pyshchic, he's obviously going to heal, so I'll just recover.
I recover again, and guess what? Luke Calm minds, the nerve! Trying to set up on me.
I send out Ferrothorn as a pivot switch, Aura sphere takes it out.
Flareon next, who gets OHKO'd by Aura Sphere, ughh, this is annoying.
Electivire seems to be my best option, it out speeds Lucario, Thunder punch brings it down low, Aura sphere takes me out, great.
Well, at the very least, I've weakened it.
Golduck out speeds him, phew! That was intense, gets the kill :]
Stupid Mineshao again, it's all because of this, I got put under pressure...
Mienshao misses HJK! YES! & I hit Hydro pump, burn Marshall, burn!
Conkeldurr? I have the perfect answer, Reuniclus.
Psychic finishes it easily, Sawk is his last Pokemon & the only thing standing in the way of a battle with Iris :3
Payback does nothing to me, Psychic brings Sawk down to sturdy, but alas Shadow ball finishes it, I beat Marshal.
Pheeew! I could have easily been swept by a CM Lucario, but thankfully I got through.
Marshal was really tough, & if I never had Reuniclus, this would have been much tougher.

The champion awaits, finally Iris, finally :]
This battle will have to wait, but..
Wish me luck :]

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Started working on the National Dex on White 2. Had only planned to do Pokemon from Sinnoh today, but I did most from Hoenn and a few from Johto as well since it was needed. I evolved the following Pokemon into their final forms: Spinarak, Bonsly, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Poochyena, Zigzagoon, Wurmple (into Dustox), Nuzleaf, Ralts (into Gallade), Shroomish, Nincada (which also gave me a Ninjask), Whismur, Makuhita, Electrike, Snorunt (into Glalie), Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Starly, Bidoof, Kricketot, Shinx, Cranidos, Shieldon, Burmy (into Mothim), Cherubi, Shellos, Gible and Snover. Also captured a Carvanha and a Barboach and evolved them. Never rushed something this hard before, and I hope I don't have to do it ever again. But it was for a good reason, all of this training made everything get a ton of experience in the process, which was enough for me to get the Exp. Millionaire medal. After all of this, I did a few Funfest Missions for the first time in this game as I will need to do some more of those in the near future. For now, I am done with all I am going to do from Sinnoh for the moment except for the breeding, but even after that, I still have a few more to obtain in the future. Still got some left to evolve from Hoenn though, so I will evolve them next before moving on to some necessary breeding from these two regions.

ebevan91

I'm at Victory Road right now. I might stop to train my Pokemon some more. All of the trainers there outlevel my Pokemon.

Violent Red

Well, since we finished defeating the strongest trainers in the world, we took some time off and thought about what to do next, and we decided to do something I've never managed to do before...to complete the Pokedex.

Yes, that's right, I have been playing Pokemon since Pokemon Blue in 1998/1999, since I was 8/9 years old. I have trained many hundreds, probably thousands of Pokemon, I have explored new regions, found secret places and items, spent countless hours planning and creating new, perfect teams, battling against my friends and battling competitively, I've done everything.

Except for complete a Pokedex. I've tried to do it a few times in the past, but always got distracted by a new team idea, or the desire to start a new game.

But something feels right about this time. The jump to Gen 6 in October kinda feels like the end of an era, the end of Pokemon games as I know it. I'm so excited and also kind of a little sad.

So I will be giving this my best shot to really try and complete the Pokedex as best as I can, before October.

In fact, since I decided to complete the Pokdex a day or two ago, I've already acquired nearly 100 new Pokemon through breeding, training/evolving and trading.

I am going to log all the Pokemon I acquire from now on. This entry will probably be the biggest, hope I don't miss too many out.

[SPOIL]KANTO
- Squirtle
- Rhydon
- Electrode
- Magneton
- Weezing
- Snorlax
- Alakazam
- Nidoran (F)
- Graveller
- Golem
- Arbok
- Hitmonchan
- Jynx
- Pidgeotto
- Porygon
- Ninetales
- Articuno
- Moltres
- Zapdos
- Mewtwo
- Mew

JOHTO

- Espeon
- Ariados
- Corsola
- Miltank
- Girafarig
- Houndoom
- Sudowoodo
- Magby
- Sunkern
- Delibird
- Raikou
- Entei
- Suicune
- Lugia
- Ho-Oh
- Celebi

HOENN

- Manectric
- Flygon
- Seviper
- Chimecho
- Sableye
- Mawile
- Volbeat
- Dustox
- Regirock
- Regice
- Registeel
- Latias
- Latios
- Kyogre
- Groudon
- Rayquaza
- Jirachi
- Deoxys

SINOH

- Bibarel
- Dusknoir
- Rotom
- Girantina
- Cressilia
- Darkrai
- Arceus

UNOVA

- Pignite
- Emboar
- Samurott
- Klinklang
- Swanna
- Bisharp
- Eelektrik
- Eelektross
- Hydreigon
- Krookadile
- Whirlipede
- Scolipede
- Reuniclus
- Gothitelle
- Chandelure
- Haxorus
- Escavalier
- Accelgor
- Darmanitan
- Simisear
- Mandibuzz
- Galvantula
- Panpour
- Garbodor
- Musharna
- Rufflet
- Pansear
- Cofagrigus
- Beheeyem
- Vannilluxe
- Seismitoad
- Cincinno
- Gigalith
- Jellicent
- Conkeldurr
- Stoutland
- Golurk
- Cobalion
- Virizion
- Terrakion
- Tornadus
- Thundurus
- Zekrom
- Kyurum
- Meloetta
- Genesect
- Victini[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

Kall El

..Silence..
It's all getting real now, with my victory over Iris, champion of Isshu.
Believe it or not, this battle was far easier then I had anticipated.
This is not to say it was easy or straight forward, because it wasn't.
I knew from the get go, her Hydreigon would be a major problem for me, and it was.
I managed to find a way to take it down relatively quick, though not before it punched a hole in my team.
An Ice beam from Golduck, and then an Ice punch from Electivire was enough, I was so happy to see it go.
From here on, the battle become much more within my forte, Haxorus finished off her Aggron, though not before being head smashed.
Electivire finished off Lapras after Haxorus had wearied it down, with Ferrothorn dealing with Archeops & her Haxorus.

Phew, it's been quite a journey, and last few weeks in Isshu.
So much has happened, from losing to gym leaders, climbing mountains & finishing at the top, it's been a blast! :3

Back home, in Aspertia City I met Cedric who upgraded my dex, which is cool, I guess.
After leaving Aspertia, I arrived in Flocessy, home of Alder! He challenged me, and I gladly accepted.
It was an intense match, my team was slightly different,with Servine & Braviary returning after their abscence from the E4
Alder wasn't easy, but I didn't attain champion status for nothing right? :]]
Will update later, hopefully. Wish me luck.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Okay so after healing my Tepig at the Aspertia City Pokemon Center, I wandered over to Route 19 since Bianca was waiting to show me how to capture a Pokemon there. She went into the tall grass and battled a Purrloin. I walked into the tall grass afterwards and I started battling some wild Pokemon. My Tepig leveled up nicely and learned Ember, and I also captured a Purrloin as I walked around the route. I talked to some people on said route, then I met Alder who jumped off a cliff to speak with me. He wanted me to go to Floccesy Town and I arrived at my destination. He walked north and told me to give my rival the spare Town Map that I had, so I healed my Pokemon and then went into Route 20. I met some trainers there and I battled them. Then I captured a wild Sunkern and Patrat. I battled some more to train my Tepig and Purrloin, and then I arrived at the Floccesy Ranch.

ebevan91

I'm battling Iris at the moment and OMFG she gets the LUCKIEST critical hits, EVER. I used Swords Dance with Sandslash vs. a confused/paralyzed Druddigon. What happens next? It didn't hurt itself because of confusion, it was able to hit when paralyzed, and on top of all that, it landed a critical hit.

Ok, I beat her 2x Swords Dance Sandslash+Earthquake destroyed her Haxorus. YIPPEE! EASY MODE UNLOCKED, CAN'T WAIT TO USE THAT!

/sarcasm

Making difficulty mode a version exclusive may have been the dumbest thing Game Freak has ever done.

Last edited:
White2
Acc: Gave my Black2 game my Porygon-Z in exchange for my Gen4 Lucario back, to whom I taught Flash Cannon to help deal with Gen6 Fairies.
Acc: Changed my Black2 Rotom's nickname to Maytag.
Acc: Got the PokéRus Discoverer medal for trading over some of my B2-cart Pokémon that had PokéRus and let it run its course. They weren't currently infected, which I thought was required for the medal.

Black2
Acc: Gave my W2 cart back its Lucario, got a sweet Porygon-Z in exchange.
Acc: Swapped my Rotom to Frost Forme.
Acc: Finally figured out my main and alternate team rosters. I think I'll let Rotom *puts on shades* chill out. YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!
Dis: Join Avenue is locked for a couple days cuz I had to switch DS systems to trade with White2.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm still running around the Dragonspiral Tower looking for shiny Golurk, so nothing new to report there...

But I FINALLY FOUND A PLACE WHERE I CAN CONNECT TO NINTENDO WFC!!! No more missing event pokemon! I was in at the Mayflower Mall picking up food and decided to try and see if my DS would connect, and it did! Unfortunately there are no event pokemon available now, but now I know where to go so I can get the next one to come out.

Violent Red

Did some Magnemite trading for a bit, then levelled up some stores in my Avenue. Then I took Hamlet, Keldeo and Breloom with me to the middle of the Volcano to find the legendary Heatran. I was prepared to soft-reset for a good natured one but got a Calm one first go, so yay :)

Scizor100

Pokemon Master
I just found a shiny sandile!!!!!

Scizor100

Pokemon Master
Got on the plasma airship.walked through a door and got ambushed by 2 team plasma grunts,and
Demolished them. I get on the warp pad and I am greeted by the former team plasma grunt. He talks about how everyone says bad things about his lord N and tells me about how their is a pipe puzzle (great).

Team:
Samurott lv 53

Unfezant lv 51

Krookodile (shiny) lv51

Beartic lv 52

Camerupt (eruptor) lv51

Zangoose (SwiftSlash) lv 52

Status
Not open for further replies.