• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigh

Started playing Black 2 from Monday. Just love the game!There are so many differences I noticed between the previous installment and this one. Anyways chose Oshawott as my starter(always liked Samurott the best and he simply owns both Emboar-with any Water type attack AND Serperior-with Ice Beam,Blizzard) t Defeated Rival with a combination of 3 Tail Whips and a Tackle.Seriously!The AI is really stupid. It brought my health down to yellow and then began to use Leer!!
Anyways, was quite surprised to find Alder so early in the game.Seriously ould not understand what he was doing dancing around me lol :) Reached Sangi Ranch and defeated Rival once again(albeit this time it was easier as I trained my Oshawott to Level 11 before the battle so did'nt face much difficulty)

Caught a Riolu there!:) God! It took me atleast 20 tries to encounter it.Leveled it up to 12 there and rescued Herdier from New Plasma Grunt.
Headed back to hometown(or city) and fought Cheren which was simply too easy as my Oshawott was already at Level 15 by then and riolu was at 14.
Headed for Virbank City and reached the southern partof the city and fought a few Audinnos(Oshawott evolved and reached Level 20 and Riolu reached Level 19).Headed for the gym and defeated the 2 trainers easily. However Homika gave a tough time with Venoshock(always would get poisoned).Fortunately i had a few antidotes which helped. Got the Toxic Badge and am currently waiting to fight of New Team Plasma Grunts.

Current Team:
Dewott- Level 21
Riolu-Level 20

Last edited:
Ordered my White 2 copy on Saturday, and got it on Tuesday. Shweeet! So I fire the baby up and make my first big decision: kana or kanji? Well I'm studying Japanese, so there's no way around it...Kanji. An hour and a headache later, thanks to my fail attempt at actually reading, I get to pick my starter. I go with Oshawott because Samurott looks the coolest, and having a surf/waterfall slave is always handy. I pwn my rival's snivy, and make my way out into the world! I spend some time frolicking in the grass looking for a Pokemon to add to my team. Patrats and Purloins aren't my steez, so I decided to move onwards to Sangi Town. Alder ambushed me on the way, but its whatever, I could hardly understand what he was saying. After some dialogue I went up to Sangi Ranch to get me a Riolu. Awesome I found one! By this time Oshawott was level 10 so I was a bit concerned. I went with a water gun and.....one-shotted. Great. So I spend another 15 mins wandering around for my Riolu, and alas I found another one! After one tackle, and a few pokeballs, it was all mine. Sweeeet! But wait, it evolves based on happiness...my least favorite evo requirement. I have nightmares of that eevee that finally evolved to Espeon at lvl 36. Well you know what? I decided I was gonna get my Lucario asap! I trained in Sangi Ranch to level 13 or so, feeding Riolu any x-attacks/criticals/speeds I had gotten earlier, as well as making sure he had a berry in his hands at all times for use. Once I was done it was off to the gym.

Cheren's gym was a breeze, Riolu facerolled through every trainer and pokemon til Cheren's final one. I switched to Oshawott and stomped his lillipup into the dirt, though it did leave my starter with 1 hp. Not like it mattered, Riolu was ready for the revenge kill. On to the next town!! By the time I reached the next city Riolu and Oshawott were level 16-17 or so. I decided to train up to 20 before hitting Homika/Roxie's gym. Riolu evolved to Lucario at level 19, so I was psyched. Oshawott evolved to Dewott by now as well, and I caught a Flash Fire Growlithe to absorb pesky flamethrowers aimed at Lucario. Awesome. Once everyone was level 20, I went to visit Roxie's sorry excuse for a gym. Lucario pwned the entire place practically by himself (again) since no pokemon could do anything to that steel typing. Poor Roxie. I let Growlithe torch her whirlipede though, and in 2 hits I was done. After the battle, she said something about Pokewood, and next thing I know I was introduced to some lunatic who wanted me to see a movie debut (luckily I can read a *little* kanji). The movie sucked, the audience was confused, and before I could say no I was whisked away to assist the theater. Fantastic.

That's all for now, I'm gonna do my best not to produce another stinker and work towards filling out the rest of my team!

Current Team

Lucario- 21
Growlithe- 20
Dewott- 20

NewBarkTownLegend

FantasticFalconForce
Beat Cheren through skyla but now stuck in mistrailton, rang the bell in celestial tower and still no juniper at the airport. Am i doing something wrong?

Judas

Already post-e4. Right now I am trying to complete my Unova Dex to go to the Nature Sanctuary and get the Haxorus, then I can train a team for the guy that will give me a Dratini. I can't find Mandibuzz! Gah! However, the game was actually a lot longer than I expect - longer than B/W at least. I wish it was a bit harder though, too bad I picked White 2. Iris was too easy to beat! And I just caught the female DW Jellicent

Beat Cheren through skyla but now stuck in mistrailton, rang the bell in celestial tower and still no juniper at the airport. Am i doing something wrong?

You don't need to ring the bell, she's on the first floor. Just talk to her and she'll go into the building next to the airport.

Last edited:

NewBarkTownLegend

FantasticFalconForce
Thanks Judas,
already loving this game cant wait to get to giant chasm and do world tourney stuff during post game so much stuff to do!

Team (after Skyla)
- Serperior 39
- Lucario 39
- Growlithe 39
- Zoroark 39
- Galvantuala 40

Judas

White 2 save file got erased, that was so nice of it! Thanks! Guess I'll play through Black 2.

• Chose Tepig, got a Naughty Female one on the first try. Woo!
  • Sewaddle, welcome to the team! Brave, and holding a Mental Herb!
  • First Pokemon I found in Sangi Ranch was a female Riolu. Nice, too bad I chose Tepig.
  • Started a challenge for myself, an easy and small one. I will catch every Pokemon I can on every route that I don't already have, I can't advance past it unless I catch all Pokemon or I run out of money and there is no way to get more.
  • Evolved Tepig!
  • Caught all the Pokemon available before Castelia. Now I just need to train for the second gym.
  • Welcome aboard, Magnemite!
  • Beat Roxie. Yes, Poison Gas my Magnemite over and over. I'm sure it'll work eventually!
  • Evolved Sewaddle :D
  • Ugh, PokeStar Studios
  • Got to Castelia, trying to catch all the Pokemon in the Park but it's saying I have more to find. Jigglypuff won't appear (if it's even there.)
  • Swadloon evolved at level 21 lol.
  • Caught all Pokemon in the sewers.
  • Beat the 3rd gym. Leavanny went head to head with Burgh's and won. So proud.
  • Caught all Pokemon on Route 4, including the Mandibuzz which I added to my team.
  • Went up and caught the Route 5 Cincinno and there was a Heracross in the Losthorn Forest Hidden Hollow!
  • Caught all Pokemon in Desert Resort. For some reason Sigilyph just kept appearing but it took forever to find a Maracctus and Trapinch.
  • Back at Castelia Park trying to find a Whimsiscott so I will have all Pokemon from there. I want to use the Sun Stone I'll find in Desert Resort on the in-game traded Petili I have.
  • Magnemite evolved!
  • Finally, I caught all Pokemon in Castelia Park. Took forever for a Whimsiscott and Lopunny to appear.
  • Caught all Pokemon on Route 5 and 16, working on Losthorn now. Vespiqueen and Pansage down. Still have to get Roserade, Pansear, and Panpour. I have to actually train a Venipede since Whirlipede is only in the Double Grass. :(

Shall edit this post in the future!

Last edited:

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
After my last post, I beat the GLs, Achroma, Kyurem, Ghetsis, E4, Iris and Alder. I am currently in Black Skyscraper, the place is beautiful. I am loving it. I will have to leave, since my team is around level 60~70 and the opponents are above 70. Perhaps I should transfer my BW team to help me a bit?

Btw, my team is: Metagross, Lopunny, Latios, Jellicent, Skarmory, Magnezone. All 60+, 70-.

AceFlonne

Mediator
Caught a Magnemite in Virbank Complex for Homika then I went back to find a Riolu in Sangi Ranch.After 20 minutes of finding a Riolu.My Sewaddle evole into a Swadloon.(Still no sign for Riolu though)

Current Team
Servine- Lvl 22
Swadloon - Lvl 20
Magnemite - Lvl 15

Current Badges: 1

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Okay someone help me out here - the shards that you need to use for the move tutors, I've checked Poke earth on the main site and it lists where you get them, but is that ALL of them? Doesn't seem like many for each shard, doesn't even seem enough to be able to use each move once. What I'm asking is, do some of them respawn or something? Or is there ways to get as many as you need if you put the time in?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Not gonna lie, I've been spending too much time on Hidden Hollows. I have a problem. But, since my last post, I caught my Eevee, and named him Vee. I beat all the stuff up to Driftveil, after losing to Clay a couple of times. Once I got to Mistralton, I started looking around in Hidden Hollows.

Yeah, this is really not an exciting update.

Team:
:502: - Wat? level 34
;448; - Reese level 34
;181; - Mary level 33
;058; - Gruff level 34
:630: - Mandi level 34
;196; - Vee level 34

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
I just beat Clay on Challenge Mode. He was...a lot easier than I thought he would be. Swept with a Lv32 Dewott (I did switch out when Excadrill came out just to heal). Clay's Pokemon are all Lv34 except Excadrill which was Lv36. He even got that Sandstorm up. I found it funny when I hit Onix with Water Pulse, activated it's Sturdy and confused it and then it hurt itself in confusion. XD
I also entered the Driftveil Tournament and won easily and then faced Team Plasma on their ship. Now I'm off to Mistralton City.

Current Team:
:502: Dewott Lv33
;181; Ampharos Lv31
;448; Lucario Lv30
:521: Unfezant Lv32
;058; Growlithe Lv29
;196; Espeon Lv29

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
In between playing the game, translating the main text, and doing actual medical research, it took me about a week to beat Black 2. I started off with an Oshawott named Osha. By the time I reached Virbank, I had caught myself Puppy the Lillipup. In Virbank, I caught myself a Magby named Magby and a Magnemite named Troll. I then went back and caught HMスレベ the Patrat. My team four strong, I dominated Roxie and Burgh. Elesa was a completely different story. For even with defeating every Trainer and wild Pokemon I encountered in the adjoining areas, my team was still severely underleveled, and the closest Pokemon Breeder was even worse off. On top of that, Confuse Hax did not work as I had expected, and Elesa would use Zebstrika's Flame Charge against my Magneton. Eventually I managed to scrape a win from Elesa so I could head west to Driftveil. From there, I earned the Quake Badge from Clay - also not an easy win. From there, the remaining Gym Leaders were much easier to beat. I think my Unfezant FlyHi helped a lot with that.

I then got a program from -Site name removed- that allows me to edit my DSV. I used it to change my team's nicknames to English names: Osha, Magby, TrollBot, Puppy, and HighFlyer.

The next truly difficult boss was Ghetsis. After him, though, I struggled to get through Victory Road. My team barely made par in levels. So I did a little grinding to get my team to Lv 58. I also caught an Altaria named... well, Altaria. He's still at Lv55 because I was too lazy to raise him; I just needed a Pokemon that could survive a hit while I revive the rest of my team in the Pokemon League. Not that I needed to revive my team mid-battle, but Altaria did survive a Dragon Pulse from Haxorus.

;126; Magby - Lv 60
;081; Trollbot - Lv 60
:503: Osha - Lv 59
:521: HighFlyer - Lv 59
:508: Puppy - Lv 61
;334; Altaria - Lv 55

Last edited by a moderator:

Lon

Just recently defeated the eighth gym leader (oh what wonders a few Coils and Leaf Blade spamming can do), and I'm currently on my second trip to that crazy boat filled with Plasma trainers. My team's gone through many changes since it started, but my Serperior, Sigilyph (never used it in White version, but I'm loving it right now), Lucario (always feel like I need to use one if the game gives me the option), and Jellicent (which I have also never really used before but now like) are currently joined by my Arcanine and shiny Gigaleth that I caught while venturing mountains with Bianca. My team's currently sitting in the mid to late 40s as I prepare to head into that crazy ol' password finding part that people have been stuck on.

Edit: Cleared up to the Champion now. I changed my team up a bit by catching Lapras, pulling out Zorua and evolving it, and leveling all of them to the 50s. The Elite 4 didn't cause much trouble thanks to Illusion + a Nasty Plot and Shadow Ball sweep. Now for the champ. Let's see if I can get sweeps going. Lucario + Swords Dance should be all I need to get my Ice Punch rockin'. It seems I got Brightpowder from somewhere, so here's hoping for some Brightpowder hax.

...and it would appear the worry was for nothing. Bulky Lapras shook off Hydreigon's Dragon Pulses like they were nothing and managed to more or less Ice Beam + Surf everything down with the help of some revives and hyper potions thrown in.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
My copy of Black 2 just came in the mail today. I started playing it, choosing the boy as my character. I named him Jason because that fit the 5 character limit, then named my rival Hugh. When I gained control of my character, I spent some time exploring Aspertia City with my rival. Eventually, I found Bianca and obtained my starter from her. I decided to choose Oshawott. I then had to battle my rival for the first time. At first, I was worried about losing to him because his Snivy scored a critical hit and got my Oshawott down to red health...but then instead of finishing me off, he was stupid and started spamming Leer for some reason. So, I was able to beat him.

After that, I went out onto the first route of the game. I caught a few Pokes, did some training. I watched Alder fall jump off a cliff, then reached Sangi Town. I went to the Sangi Ranch, where I found and caught a Riolu really quickly and without even trying. :p

I went back to Aspertia after finishing everything at Sangi Town/Ranch and headed into the Gym. I defeated the two Gym trainers without any troubles and then challenged Cheren. His Pokemon were able to do a lot of damage to me after using Work Up, but I still was able to beat him with just Oshawott.

Once I had both my first badge and the C-Gear, I decided to trade over my team for this game from my White version. I traded over another Oshawott plus a Cranidos, Pansear, Yamask, Munna, and Deerling, which are all EV trained. Once I had all my Pokemon, I headed to Virbank City. Once there, I went to Roxie's Gym. She wasn't that difficult for me, I was able to sweep her with my Cranidos. After that, I got to go to the Pokestar Studios, where I made a really bad movie with Brycen.

When I went back to Virbank, I had to fight someone from Team Plasma. I then had to go out to Route 20 to battle another Plasma member. When that was done, I was able to sail to Castelia, which is where I am now.

GameMaster0000

Chaos Nightmare
Just beat Akuroma(What is his name on English?) grab Masterball. Current explore on Twist mountain.

Look like I mostly explore around Unova except twist mountain

Next plan is complete Unova Dex to grab Round Charm.

My Team
- Seperior LV 72
- Lucario LV 71
- Volcarano LV 71
- Electrivire LV72
- Jellysen LV71
- Flygon LV71

Cutty

Forever now
Caught myself an eevee just like everyone else :D

Happen to get the nature I want too, mild. I need a water type pokemon in my team.
But I'm gonna evolve and train it later.

Just beat the third gym too, mainly w/ my Crobat, Skye.

Cutty's current team:
~ Snake the Servein lv 27 (m)
~ Veina the Tynamo lv 27 (f) MM shiny
~ Chicharito the Roseria lv 26 (m) chained shiny
~ Skye the Crobat lv 28 (m)
~ Qua the eevee lv 18 (m)
~ ?

Saved on route 20. Why?

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I just defeated Clay and my team is currently level 34:

:496: Koutei (emperor) the Servine
;320; Beluga the Wailmer
;082; Megaton the Magneton
:559: Pants the Scraggy

Next up on my agenda is to explore the Relic Path (on the PWT side)~.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Just got a Dream Radar Female Riolu with it's Hidden Ability, Prankster, off the GTS. Traded a Fraxure for it. Best trade I ever made!

I also finished Challenge Mode up to the first battle with Iris! It was tough battle but I managed to win. I completely forgot that Shauntal's Chandelure was holding a Choice Scarf and because of that, it destroyed half of my team with it until I switched into Lucario to take it out with Dark Pulse. I also switched out Unfezant for a Poison Heal Gliscor.
Now I'm on to finishing the post game

Current Team:
:503: Samurott Lv56
;181; Ampharos Lv58
;448; Lucario Lv62
;472; Gliscor Lv62
;059; Arcanine Lv57
;196; Espeon Lv60

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Since my last post, I have beaten the main game and the E4. I must say, it was a great ride. All of the Plasma story was fantastic, it actually made me feel like a hero the most out of any Pokemon story before.

My final team that bested the E4 ended up as these fellows all at level 62:

- :497: Koutei the Serperior
- ;321; Beluga the Wailord
- ;082; Megaton the Magneton
- :560: Pants the Scrafty
- ;323; Lulubell the Camerupt
- ;169; Momo the *shiny* Crobat

Status
Not open for further replies.