• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegon

I crossed the drawbridge to enter Driftveil City. I was surprised to find it to be quite different from BW. I explored the city and picked up the available items. I then met with the former Team Plasma members and received N's Zorua. After that, I challenged the Gym. The puzzle is so expansive. I didn't have many difficulties, thanks to Servine, though Clay's Excadrill was challenging. Without Leech Seed, it would have been extremely difficult. With the Quake Badge added to my collection, I headed south for the World Tournament. I entered the cave there, and found myself back in the Relic Passage. This showed just how underlevelled my team is. By the time I had exited at Castelia, but two of my team members were able to fight. I saved my game after healing.

It's been so long since a Pokémon on my team has evolved, and now all of them are close to evolution. D: Oh well.

Current Team:
:496: James Lv. 32
:507: Rupert Lv. 27
;081; Omega Lv. 29
;240; Cinna Lv. 29
:529: River Lv. 28

Dex:
36/649 (5.55%)

VS Skyla

Like the previous three times I've battled her over various different games, Skyla was easy as hell. Swoobat was the only one that opposed a problem with its Acrobatics. I sent out my Deino first, which is used Acrobatics to take to barely any HP left, then I tried to Crunch it but it god damn missed. I mean of all the luck. So I decided to switch out to my Shuppet as a scapegoat so I could heal Deino, but that got OHKOed before I can even do anything. So I sent out Lucario and it managed to take the hit, so I healed up Deino. Before sending out Deino, I wanted to see what my Houndoom could do so I sent it out to Snarl which seriously damaged its health, but not enough and Houndoom went down on the second turn of their battle.

I then resent Deino to finish the job with a Crunch but for some odd reason this time it got OHKOed! It wasn't even a crit. I wanted to save my Electrode for her later Pokemon, so I decided to see what my Braviary could do. And like a champ it took the Acrobatics rather well! Seriously instead of the attack doing 3/4 of its health like my other Pokemon that could withstand it, it only did a third! So my Braviary then finished it off with a Fly.

Swanna was coming out rather early so I sent out Electrode. Due to Electrode's amazing speed it took down Swanna with a Thunderbolt without Swanna getting to do anything. Skarmory then came out, so I used a Thunder and then a Thunderbolt to finish it off. Skyla was defeated

Skyla Gym Star: Electrode for taking down two of Skyla's Pokemon, as well as her main.

Now I am going to take the plane to that city I forget the name at the moment and begin my journey to Opelucid!

Kalosian

So long
Went out to Route 6, captured a Deerling, Marill, Tranquill, Shelmet and Foongus. I also battled the first three trainers on the Route. A bit further in, I met Cheren outside of a season lab. He invited me to come in and told me a bit about temperatures and stuff. He also gave me a HM containing Surf. I talked to the scientists inside of the lab and one of them gave me a Deerling. I was done there for the moment, Surf was the one thing I needed to catch the final member of my team, so that was what I had to do next.

Flew to Nimbasa and went back down to Route 4. I surfed in the water here and captured a Frillish. Final Team member obtained. The sad thing was that this lil’ dude was at level 5, so I had to train him a bit before I could continue with anything else. I trained it by battling the Gamefreak members in Castelia, the breeders at Route 4 & Lostlorn Forest as well as the Nimbasa Trainers. After battling these, I decided to head back to the starting areas of the game and explore the newly accessible parts that I could now go to by using Surf.

In Aspertia City, I captured a Basculin and found a TM containing Energy Ball, which was a very positive surprise. I taught the move to Frillish and Gothorita, making their movesets a bit better. Explored Route 19, Floccesy Town, Route 20, Floccesy Ranch, Virbank City and the Virbank Complex as well. Found a lot of areas that were still inaccessible at Route 20, I guess I will need to wait for a season change or something in order to access these areas. There was also a Waterfall at one place, it will take a long time before I can climb it. Will continue tomorrow by exploring the remaining parts of the Castelia Sewers and eventually a few other areas as well, then I'll train Frillish a bit more before continuing along Route 6.

Team:
:500: - level 37
;082; - level 37
;169; - level 37
:556: - level 37
:575: - level 37
:592: - level 28

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Black 2 Journey Post 34

I went back to Virbank City. I messed around in Pokéstar Studios and made a lot of movies. Then I went back to Castelia City and through the Skyarrow Bridge. It was pretty cool. I then explored the Pinwheel Forest and teamed up with Cheren. Deep in the forest I found Gorm, a former Sage of Team Plasma. I then explored the outskirts of Pinwheel Forest and made it to Nacrene City. From there I went into the Nacrene Museum and got a tour. I then saw Lenora's memory about bones, which was pretty cool. Next destination is to head for Striaton City.

Current Team:

:500: Mandrag Lv.66
-Heat Crash -Earthquake -Wild Charge -Rock Slide

;448; Exia Lv.65
-Close Combat -ExtremeSpeed -Ice Punch -Swords Dance

;330; Arios Lv.65
-Outrage -Earthquake -Rock Slide -Crunch

;181; Lumos Lv.65
-Thunderbolt -Signal Beam -Power Gem -Thunder Wave

;121; Orion Lv.65
-Surf -Psyshock -Ice Beam -Thunderbolt

:530: Simon Lv.65
-Earthquake -Rock Slide -X-Scissor -Swords Dance

Pokédex Progress:
Seen: 357 Obtained: 68

Star Champion AJ

Pokémon White 2: Episodes 24-27

Episode 24: Welcome to Las Vegas... I mean, Nimbasa City
Stopped at Nimbasa City, the city that never sleeps (it lacks a Game Corner but I can't do a thing about that). Did a sidetrip to Route 5, where Someone with Cheren's glasses appeared for the nth time, seeming her hearing skills are exceptional (she found Hilbert that way two years ago with N), she heard a Pokémon and I got the tutorial (another one) about Hidden Grottoes and inside that one had a Minccino which I added to my main team, since his Ability is too good to be wasted. Now it's Skill Link Hax payback time!
After that small side trip, I decided to explore the city.
Battled the trainers inside the Stadiums, now each Stadium starts with three trainers and after each battle I obtain healing items as a reward (crappy Potions that case).
I noticed my Pokémon were a "little" underleveled, but I ignored that.
After that, I tagged along with Rosa and swept the Haxway Bosses Ingo and Emmet, Lucario helped Rosa's Pignite against the Haxway Bosses' Gordurr and Boldore.

Episode 25: Lost Items
After the tag battle, I entered inside the Gear Station and caught the train to Anville Town.
Explored the town, I have to remember to do that on weekends.
While in the town, I helped a girl who lost a Pansage.
Returned to Nimbasa and found the green monkey with a Depot Agent.
After helping the girl, she told me about finding a boy with green hair saying what the girl's Pansage wanted to be in the future.
Why does that thing sound so familiar? A boy with green hair?
Inside the Musical Hall in Nimbasa City, I obtained a Prop Case with tons of Props, which belonged to Hilbert.
The Musical owner said I had the same aura as the guy who left the Prop Case, then I saw another of those flashbacks.
When I was going to face the Gym challenge, I found a Dropped Item (Xtransciever), I got a call from that item from a girl called Yancy. Now, I'll get calls from time to time until I find the girl (hope she's pretty, since the Xtransciever Model is outdated).

Episode 26: The World Ends With Roller Coasters
Went to the New Gym where Clyde said Kamitsure maybe be inside the Old Gym, where I found two trainers (Rolan and Colette) but instead of Kamitsure, I found a girl who gave me a Parlyz Heal and she said the Gym Leader is now in the New Gym.
Went to the New Gym, now it's a catwalk which reminds me of Shibuya (Dancer in The Street, anoyne?).
Clyde gave me a valuable tip about Electric-type moves being useless against Ground-types (like Trapinch), but warned me about a certain Pokémon (Emolga) being immune to Ground-type moves, but Kamitsure forgot my Trapinch has Rock Slide.
Now, I'll sweep the entire Gym, FWAHAHAHAH!

Episode 27: The World Ends With Kamitsure
Inside the catwalk, faced Kamitsure's models, man, it was being a superstar, me and Trapinch.
Finally, Kamitsure appeared and shined everything with her presence.
So far she was the first Gym Leader where I had to face twice for one single reason.
In my first battle, I lost without using a single Pokémon because she made a strip tease show, where she stipped away her jacket made of Mareep/Flaaffy wool.
That made me reacting like Muten Roshi, saying things like undies and boobies.
She was so embarassed that her models kicked me to the outside.
In my rematch, I remembered I had an ugly Pokémon, so before Kamitsure's strip show I sent out Trapinch.
That made Kamitsure screaming and saying about my Pokémon being ugly.
I replied saying Gym Battles aren't Beauty Contests.
She replied saying I was in a catwalk so I had to use pretty Pokémon.
Kamitsure had Emolga, Flaaffy and Zebstrika.
587.png
vs
328.png
, since Kamitsure's main selling point is Volt Switching over and over until defeating her challengers, I had a Ground-type Pokémon with me, since Ground-type Pokémon ruin her entire strategy. Trapinch had to Rock Slide Emolga three times since Kamitsure used her Hyper Potion on Turn 2 (did about 90% against Emolga), since Trapinch was so zetta slow, he took two hits from Quick Attack and Pursuit.
180.png
vs
328.png
, before hitting the sheep with Dig, Trapinch was severely damaged thanks to Flaaffy's Take Down.
523.png
vs
328.png
, in a long battle, don't expect a very slow Pokémon to survive many hits and Zebstrika's Quick Attack finished Trapinch.
523.png
vs
448.png
, the zebra could have used Flame Charge to sweep Lucario but her Volt Switch did the same thing (without the speed boost), not before taking a Dig.
523.png
vs
058.png
, Intimidate was useless since Volt Switch is a Special Move, but Growlithe's Reversal finally defeated Zebstrika.
Hooray! Obtained the Bolt Badge (4 obtained, 4 to go) and TM72 (Volt Switch).
Before getting out of the Gym, Kamitsure and her models walked with me in the catwalk.
Now, I need a really long rest at Nimbasa's Pokémon Center.

Last edited:

Pilpulp

美的
DAY 1
Ok got the games, ready to play!! I have both versions. I stupidly started White 2 already. I have a tepig and a azuril but have not yet beat the first gym. I am going to start my Black 2 now so I can beat it and get the Hard Key thing, to make White 2 harder. I think I'll choose a oshawott and power through the game.

Update: Actually... no, I think I'm going to talk to all the characters in the game and do all side"quests" and take the game easy.
Update: Notice the rival's house has two beds in it... Mind Blown. GG Gamefreak.
Update: Just learned how to catch a pokemon for the 800th time.
Update: Entering the second town? Hi alder. I herd u got fired.
Update: This town reminds me of Pokemon Ranger (My favoirte spin-off).
Update: Route 20. What happened to HMs? In my opinion, they should be hidden and you have to talk to people or explore areas to find them. Because a small tree is more interesting than a hiker blocking a path.
Update: Was looking for a growlithe in the ranch, turns out they are not here. Time to find a riolu. 5%? Awesome.
Update: I give up, no riolu.
Update: Floccesy Ranch, looking for the Herdier. Think I'm done for the night.
Update: Looking for the herdier

Summary: Started the game, chose Oshawott. Went through everything, noticed all the differences from the prior game. Got to Floccesy Town & Ranch talked to Alder and I am currently looking for the missing Herdier. Level 12 female Oshawott for right now. Couldn't find a Riolu.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went to Giant Chasm and went on the Plasma Frigate. After battling a bunch of people and solving a warping tile puzzle, I saw Colress again and had to battle him. His team wasn't really that difficult to defeat, but it was quite annoying because half my team ended up paralyzed. The battle dragged on for a while, but I won eventually.

After that, I went to Ghetsis's room where I had to listen to him make some speech. When he left, I had to battle the Shadow Triad. Once they were defeated, I left. Oh, and my rival finally got his sister's kitty back.

I then went inside the cave at the back of the Giant Chasm. Ghetsis was there, and N showed up eventually too. I watched Kyurem and Reshiram undergo absofusion (however you spell it) to form White Kyurem. I had to battle White Kyurem, who was knocked out by my Reuniclus rather easily. I battled Ghetsis after that, who I destroyed with Zweilous after using Work Up a few times.

When all the Team Plasma stuff was done, I headed for Route 23. I trained there for a while, even got my Zweilous to level 64 so that it could evolve. I then went to the badge check gate, where N gave me the Waterfall HM. Now, I'm about to head into Victory Road.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Not much happened today. I was in the desert resort, found a Sigilyph, ran out of Pokeballs if I recall correctly, restarted the game, found another right after it, caught it, had an OK nature, then I made it up to Elesa, forgot to save, turned off the game, and I was back in the Desert Resort. I found another Sigilyph after that, I weakened it down, killed it with a critical, found another one, FINALLY CAUGHT IT AND SAVED AFTERWARDS, but it had a terrible nature (Lonely). Now I'm in the Pokecenter of Nimbasa, preparing to head out to train my 5 Pokemon to lvl 24 or so before continuing.
tumblr_m8zvn4B2mf1r0mmxk.gif

Current Location: The path between Nimbasa City and Route 4, the one where you hang around and wait for children to come by so you can ask them if they want a job at the place you for some reason are now working in. Edit: Mahbad, Nimbasa City's Pokecenter.

Current Team:
;133; Eevee (Name: Vapor) - Male - lvl 20 - Sassy Nature - Ability: Run Away - Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack, Bite
:649: Genesect (No nickname) - No gender - lvl 21 - Rash Nature - Ability: Download - Techno Blast, Magnet Bomb, Flame Charge, Signal Beam
;448; Lucario (Name: John) - Male - lvl 21 - Jolly Nature - Ability: Steadfast - Force Palm, Quick Attack, Return, Counter
:496: Servine (Name: Jalorda) - Male - lvl 22 - Calm Nature - Ability: Overgrow - Tackle, Leech Seed, Leaf Tornado, Wrap
:504: Patrat (Name: Hand) - Female - lvl 4 - Naive Nature - Ability: Keen Eye - Tackle, Leer, Cut
:561: Sigilyph (Name: Gale) - Female - lvl 19 - Lonely Nature - Ability: Magic Guard - Psywave, Tailwind Whirlwind, Thunder Wave

Last edited:

R_N

I didn't make a point to talk about my myriad Black 2 happenings but since I was starting up White 2 now so I could clear out my Dream Radar & grab the Genesect event before I forget about it.

Before doing anything, I sent over the Challenge Key and set it to Challenge Mode. White 2 will be my "main" game and I wanted it to have the most full experience.

Started a new game, went with my usual name this time (Lucas) and the default name for Hugh.
Since I had already gabbed to everyone in Black 2, I just went straight to lookout point this time around.
I chose Oshawott (Docile nature, nicknamed him Takamaru) since, hey, I chose Oshawott way back in White so why not also Snivy is terrible

I was honestly a bit worried about Hugh. Level 6 Snivy was just a bit out of my comfort zone, but I was lucky that he spent 2 turns leering after the first tackle. It was a good thing Oshawott dealt the final blow when he did, though; the Tackle did 8 damage after 2 leers so had it just survived with a little more health I'd already have a loss.
It was so weird seeing Oshawott gain two & a half levels. I can tell Challenge Mode is going to be fun already.

After that I did the usual Pokemon Center tutorial and then quit out so I could:
-Memory Link with my White game
-Recieve my Dream Radar spoils that have been sitting in there waiting to be sent over to a game that could really use them. Togepi, Staryu, Igglybuff, Porygon, Rotom, Sigilyph; Water, Thunder, Fire stones, blue shard, red shard, pp up. Not sure if I'll use any of them but they're nice to have around.
-Collect that Genesect

Then I finished up the catching tutorial and saved & quit.
Not sure when I'll pick it up again, I think I want to flesh out Black 2 a little more with the Pokedex & Black Tower

Pilpulp

美的
Before doing anything, I sent over the Challenge Key and set it to Challenge Mode. White 2 will be my "main" game and I wanted it to have the most full experience.

I can't wait to start my White 2 with the challenge mode after I finish black 2 I have been wanting higher level pokemon for ever

Butta

Since my last post I've done quite a bit. Ran all aroudn castellia doing all of its mini quest. Found all of the harlequins, beat up on some gamefreak employees and did the battle building side quest. Got an exp share and a rare candy from these deeds. then i ran up to route 4 and caught all of the pokemon in that area, but i'm only keeping sandile for my team. Then i hit the sewers up looking for team plasma with the rival, and did a little training off of the infinite health double battles to get sandile into the twenties and then beat up on team plasma. Hit up the relic path and caught everything except drilbur, pretty hard to get into those dust spots without repels, I'll eventually go back down there and catch one for the pokedex. Then hit up the park where i'm currently aldino grinding, and got magby to evolve. want the whole team up to 29/30 for the gym battle (magmars going to star :)
current team
Dewott lv. 30
Lucario lv. 29
Magmar lv. 30
sandile lv. 24

ps. i honestly HATE whimsicott and cottonee!!! That stupid leech seed/mega drain combo when i'm trying to catch them is THE WORST

Last edited:

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Got a Porygon from Dream Radar and transferred it to Black 2. Turns out it's a Quiet Porygon. Dis gonna be good.

Also upgraded Join Avenue to rank 6. Taste my shiny green ceiling!

Icy_Snorunt

Pokemon Coordinator
Fooling around Nimbasa fighting trainers and getting weird calls from some giggle unknown chick who totally wants to hook up. Just trying to get experience before my fight with Elesa. Can I say I love the catwalk thing? These Gyms are just really intriguing and super cool to look at in this game!

Pignite Lv29
Azumarill Lv26
Lucario Lv28

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I had some problems getting the game, but I finally have it in my possession. I just entered the Castelia Sewers, and this is currently my team:

Dewott (I actually prefer Snivy as a starter, but I chose him in my Black 1 game...)
Riolu
Growlithe
Magnemite
Zubat (Newly caught!)

I feel that I'm slightly underleveled, so I'm going to try to get them all to level 20 before I move on.

Butta

Since my last post I got everyone up to the levels I wanted but had a little internal debate concerning my in game team. I went back down into the relic path and caught a drilbur and wasn't sure if I wanted an excadrill for the squad or krookodile. I decided to stick with krookodile because even though I love excadrill I used one in my black playthrough. So at the park I got the team up to lv 30 and ended up catching everyone including whimsicott and loppuny. Then destroyed Burge with Magmar and Dewott, magmar's back sprite is HILARIOUS! continued onto rt.4 and beat coreless and called it a night from there.
Current team:
Dewott lv 31
Magmar lv 31
Lucario lv 30
Krokorok lv 30

D

Deleted member 298996

I didnt find a thread about shinies so...

I got a shiny Magnemite after just 30 eggs!!!

I think Shining charm + Masuda method is a good combo

Why Magnemite? 2 years ago i found a shiny magnemite but i wanted a Mew so i traded it (ofc Mew was hacked) -_- Now ive been reclaiming it since Pokemon White 1 but now that i got the shining charm i started again and i got it ^-^ first shiny of the game

I think Tentacool will be next because i had one but i traded it too -.- for a freaking Manaphy (obv hacked too)... Im reclaiming every shiny i traded lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Just started my White 2 Challenge Mode file. So far I'm at the pokecenter after amazingly defeating Hyuu's level 6 Oshawott (chose Tepig this game while I chose Snivy for White and Black 2 which files hold the male MCs.) I chose the girl MC this time around (as a distinguisher from Black 2) and have name her Mei. Now I'm watching the breeder's story (again.)

Zeri

Dragon Collector
Finished Black 2(just until you beat the elite four, not the whole game). Took me 33hrs and some odd minutes. Finished the black tower to get the shiny gible, and I'm going to transfer it to my white 2.

Started white 2, got oshawott, and going to do the whole game in challenge mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.