• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Got Black 2 and White 2. Since Black was my main game between Black and White, started up Black 2 first, but will start up White 2 as well today just so it says my adventure started a day earlier. ^^

Played through to the point where I met up with Bianca (again), but shut it off without saving because I forgot to upload memories from Black. After adding the memories, I quickly sped through to the point I shut it off the first time. Picked up a new little oshawott since my first one was an oshawott. He was Yunowun (combination of Uno from Unova and one as in the first pokémon in this new region) an this new on is Lilwun. Even Bianca called him a little one. ^^ Battled Hugh's snivy, but was confused when he said he hatched it from an egg when Bianca just gave it to him. o_O?

Went through the basics and shut it off after she taught me how to catch a pokémon.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Black 2 Journey Post 1: A New Adventure

I finally got Black 2. I started with a Tepig and named it Mandrag, similar to what I did in White. After beating my rival, I got myself a Genesect from the Pokémon Center. It was quite amusing. I then continued onto Route 19 and made my way to Floccesy Town and met Alder. The last thing I did was battle trainers on Route 20 and caught myself an Adamant Riolu at the Floccesy Ranch. On the first try. I christened him Exia.

Current Team:

:498: Mandrag Lv.8
-Tackle -Tail Whip -Ember

;447; Exia Lv.5
-Foresight -Quick Attack -Endure

Pokédex Progress:
Seen: 10 Obtained: 3

JD

Bough Black 2 today.. and I downloaded Genosect

http://imageshack.us/f/145/022qi.jpg/

Currently in Floccesy Ranch looking for the Herdier.. Riolu was the first Pokemon I ran into lucky me!

Current Team
Oshawott 11
Riolu 5
Purrloin 2
Patrat 2
Sewaddle 2
Psyduck 5
(I'm trying to catch all the Pokemon in all the areas.)

I'm planning on putting everyone in the box besides Oshawott and Riolu because I'm using them on my main team I can't wait until I get to Virbank Complex so I can get Growlithe!

At Cheren's gym now.. taking a break Eagles time.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Just got the game today. Not too terribly far in, but I'm slowly starting to work on a party. I'm at Floccesy Ranch, and so far I'm rather liking the minor tweaks that they've done between B/W1 and 2.

Team:
- Oshawott level 9
- Sunkern level 6
- Mareep level 5
- Riolu level 5
- Sewaddle level 2
- Lilipup level 4

I can guarantee that besides maybe 2-3 team members, this is going to go through multiple changes along the way.

Also, I rather like the locales in this game; they really did a good job making them look and feel a certain way.

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
Just got the game today.Im not to far in, I beat cheren.Tried to beat Roxie but lost.Im now at floccesy ranch now looking for some Pokemon and training my only Pokemon I have so far.I really need to start catching some Pokemon.

Team so far:

Oshawott lvl 16

Yah,it needs some work.Its graphics are beautiful and I like the idea of having a range of Pokemon to get at the beggening of the game too.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Black 2 Journey Post 2: Aspertia Gym

I fought my rival again at the ranch and went looking for a lost Herdier. I then went to train a bit before heading back into Aspertia City and challenging the Gym. When I was done I challenged the Gym and fought Cheren. He spammed Work Up while I spammed Defense Curl. In the end, Exia took out Lillipup with a Quick Attack. I then traded a Keldeo over from White and changed it to it's Resolute Forme.

Current Team:

:498: Mandrag Lv.13
-Tackle -Tail Whip -Ember -Defense Curl

;447; Exia Lv.12
-Feint -Quick Attack -Endure -Counter

Pokédex Progress:
Seen: 15 Obtained: 6

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Paraflinched Cheren to death with Lincoln the Mareep, Wendell the Patrat, and Sasha the Lillipup.

Who says there's no strategy early-game?

EDIT: Defeated Roxie. Sasha the Lillipup and Flood the Oshawott took down Koffing, and Manfred confused Whirlipede, which then proceeded to take two SonicBooms to the knee face. Argus the Growlithe was caught, and Lincoln has been Boxed temporarily. He may come back, he may not.

Last edited:

jsneed

Old School Breeder
I went to 4 walmarts at midnight and no-one could find the games because they were apparently in the back somewhere so I went to gamestop and got the games two copies of white 2 and one of black 2.

So my adventure begins on White 2 with tepig and mareep. Now I'm training at this ranch so I can beat the first gym and move onto the next city.

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
Pokemon White 2 Journey - Post 01 - The New In 2!

The New In 2!
I picked up my Pre-Ordered Pokémon White 2 Version from GameStop a few hours ago. When I got home, I popped it in my 3DS and watched the awesome opening movie! When Professor Juniper asked me for my gender, I told her that I am a boy (because I am), and made sure she got my name – Josh – right. Then, the Professor asked me about my friend, and I told her that his name is Hugh. I then leapt into the world of Pokemon! After talking to Bianca up on Aspertia Outlook, she gave me a choice of Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott as my first Pokémon partner. I never used Snivy in Black/White, so I decided to choose him. Bianca also gave me the Pokedex! Hugh challenged me to a battle, and after a close call, my partner Snivy and I emerged victorious! Hugh received a Pokedex after our battle, and Bianca showed me around the Pokemon Center. As we were leaving, my Mom gave me the running shoes, and Hugh’s sister gave me two Town Maps; one for me, and one for Hugh. On Route 19, Bianca showed me how to catch Pokemon, and then returned to Aspertia City. I trained Snivy a little bit, and caught a Patrat and a Purrloin; might as well get an early start on filling up my Pokedex, right? When I reached the end of the route, an interesting man named Alder jumped from a hill and talked to me about training Pokemon. He led me up to his house, and then told me that I should probably go find Hugh, and give him the Town Map. I set out for Route 20, where my partner Snivy and I fought and beat two trainers in Pokemon Battles. Next, I saved the game.
I just finished eating lunch; time to go play more Pokemon White 2!

Team:
495.png

Snivy LV8 (Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip)

Name: Josh
Time: 0:38
Pokedex: Seen: 4 Obtained: 3

Attachments

• 495.png
    495.png
    500 bytes · Views: 32

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
I just started playing Black 2 a couple of hours ago, and I caught a shiny Azurill!! This is the first shiny I've found since the RSE days.

halloweenghost

Just got home with my copy of black 2 from gamestop. they also gave out free preview guides. they are just to hype up the game with the features and such.. and peppered within is the anime game trailer. it's a nice freebie... alot of pages.. I think around 40 of them. (pictured below)

pokemonblack2bundle.jpg

and in a fun fact... I noticed a pic of me i took when i got black,.... I am wearing the same shirt i was wearing today when i got black 1

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Black 2 Journey Post 3

I got to Virbank City and started training. I also used the Memory Link option with my White version. The last thing I did was head over to the Virbank Complex and fought everyone there. Now I'm going to head to the Gym.

Current Team:

:498: Mandrag Lv.16
-Tackle -Tail Whip -Flame Charge -Defense Curl

;447; Exia Lv.17
-Work Up -Quick Attack -Force Palm -Counter

Pokédex Progress:
Seen: 24 Obtained: 14

PokeRhymeBeat

I got to Virbank City and started training. I also used the Memory Link option with my White version. The last thing I did was head over to the Virbank Complex and fought everyone there. Now I'm going to head to the Gym.

Current Team:

:498: Mandrag Lv.16
-Tackle -Tail Whip -Flame Charge -Defense Curl

;447; Exia Lv.17

Pokédex Progress:
Seen: 24 Obtained: 14

Whats the memory link? Like you can transfer your W pokemon to BW2?

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
I just started playing Black 2 a couple of hours ago, and I caught a shiny Azurill!! This is the first shiny I've found since the RSE days.

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!

I continued onwards, battling one more Pokemon Trainer on Route 20 before reaching Floccesy Ranch. When I arrived, my rival Hugh challenged me to a battle. Snivy did well, launching out a few leers and using tackles once or twice. The battle against Hugh was fun, and Snivy and I emerged victorious. Suddenly, the Ranch owners approached us, asking us if we had seen another Herdier around. In a rage, Hugh took off in search of the lost Herdier. Before searching for the Herdier, I worked to catch every Pokemon in the Ranch. This feat took a while, but I eventually caught every Pokemon the Ranch had to offer, including: Mareep, Patrat, Lillipup, Azurill, Psyduck, and Riolu. I stored all the Pokemon in Box 1, except for Riolu, which I added to my team! I returned to the Ranch with my new Pokemon Partner, and leveled him up to LV9 before continuing the search for Herdier. After battling a Janitor, Hugh and I searched even further within the Ranch. I went on ahead, and saw a man in a black uniform who claimed to be part of a group called Team Plasma. He was extremely frustrated that I had found him, and threw a TM21 Frustration at me and ran away. Hugh arrived with Herdier's owner, both happy to see each other again. Hugh and I returned to the Ranch, where the owners thanked us and sent us on our ways. I returned to Flocessy Town and healed my Pokemon. Next, I saved the game.

Team:
495.png
Snivy LV13 (Tackle, Growth, Vine Whip, Wrap)
447.png
Riolu LV11 (Quick Attack, Counter, Endure, Feint)

Name: Josh
Time: 1:57
Pokedex: Seen: 11 Obtained: 10

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Whats the memory link? Like you can transfer your W pokemon to BW2?

Memory Link is linking with either Black or White and seeing flashbacks involving characters in the game. I'm not too sure on the specifics. Check the main site for more info.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Black 2 Journey Post 4: Virbank Gym

I challenged the Virbank Gym. It took me a while to realize that Roxie was spelling out "Pokémon". Mandrag evolved and I got the Toxic Badge. I then went over the the Pokéstar Studios and made myself a movie. It was amazing.

Current Team:

:499: Mandrag Lv.18
-Arm Thrust -Tail Whip -Flame Charge -Defense Curl

;447; Exia Lv.17

Pokédex Progress:
Seen: 28 Obtained: 15

Cobalt_Latios

Some more updates!
  • Did some training over in Floccesy Ranch
  • Confronted the TP grunt involving Herdier. Got TM Frustration as a result
  • Didn't really do as much leveling as I would have wanted, but at the same time I wasn't really expecting the first gym to be too much, so I didn't go as all out as I wanted. I'll be chaning that while in Virbank.
  • Took on Cheren. Riolu saved my arse with it knowing Counter. I misread the pokedex page on the main site for him, so I thought he learned Force Palm at level 11, but instead it was Feint :p. Took advantage of Cheren's Lilipup outspeeding half my team and had Riolu use Counter.
  • Got Cheren, Bianca and Prof. Juniper's numbers added to the Xtransceiver.

So far, I'm not doing too bad. I might do some last minute level on my Mareep and Sunkern; I'll evolve the later asap, as I really want a grass type on my team. I could just go with Sewaddle, but I ain't too sure how well a bug type would be on my team.

That said, I'm having a tough time deciding between Mareep or Magnemite. Magneton is overall better than Ampharos, but...

I may just go with Elekid xD. As for fire types, I'm debating between Growlithe or a Flareon (once I get an Eevee).

And that's my plan.

Navarch

Current Party: Pignite Lv. 21 Adamant Nature
Current Location: Castelia Park

So I got my 2 badges earlier and did the Pokestar Studios Movie, which was really fun! I'm currently hunting a Modest/Timid Eevee which is pretty hard because of Eevee's low encounter chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.