• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
How do you get 100 hours of playtime before beating the game? o_O I was at 30 hours or something when I beat the Champion.

VS Drayden

After realizing that the Battle Subway doesn't have the Dragon Pulse TM, and I was actually looking at its replacement, Incinerate, I decided to take on the Opelucid gym with like no confidence. I then struggled to beat all the trainers after they raped most of my Pokemon, but never actually lost. So I was certain this was just luck and took on Drayden.

As expected, Druddion wrecked my team but I did manage to get some hits on him with Deino and Croagunk, who usually go down before I can do anything. I then sent out Electrode, Thundered him which paralyzed, and Staraptor finished the job.

Flygon came out and I poisoned it with Weezing and did some damage before he Dragon Tailed sending out Staraptor. At this point he had like no HP left so I flew then damaged him which killed it.

Then Haxorus came out and I did something cheap. It Dragon Danced a bunch of times giving me opportunities to poison it and do a bit of damage, but he managed to OHKO my Weezing. I then kept on reviving one pokemon as it would OHKO the Pokemon out while poisoned would damage it. I then sent out Staraptor, and luckily for me one of its attacks missed giving me an opportunity to strike and defeat Haxorus. Man I got lucky, but I would have won anyways.

Drayden Gym Star: Surprisingly Staraptor even though I anticipated Weezing. It was strong enough to take a hit form all of his Pokemon, and then defeat them all with the remaining HP they had, including Drayden's msot powerful Pokemon; his Haxorus

Star Champion AJ

Pokémon White 2: Episodes 28-30

Episode 28: The Illusion Forest and Hugh's Purloined Memories
After healing my Pokémon (mainly Trapinch), I decided to go to Anville Town and traded my entire Escape Rope set for about 30 Revives. Now, I have all the items I need for the final part of the journey.
My next goal is Driftveil City, however, I have some important things to do on Route 16.
Battled the Trainers, obtained all the items and found out that the lift to Marvelous Bridge is broken.
Then, I decided to explore the Lostlorn Forest, which happened to be a lot different (man, two years change lots of things).
Before discovering the second Hidden Grotto, I obtained the TM95 (Snarl) from a Backpacker, who was really Zoroark (that explains a lot).
Returned to Nimbasa City, where I saw Hugh and some Plasma Grunts near the Small Court.
Needless to say, when Hugh and Team Plasma are together, Nate has to do all the dirty work.
After defeating the Grunts, I find out that Hugh is against Team Plasma, because of his sister's stolen Purrloin (stolen by the evil organization).

Episode 29: The Heartbreaker
Then, I went to Route 5, did some exploring, battle the trainers and saw a crowd surronding a Motorcyclist, one of the people said I could only stand a chance against the Motorcyclist if I had 4 Gym Badges (looks like it's my lucky day).
Faced Charles in a Triple Battle, it was easy since Rock Slide hits 2-3 targets at the same time, and Archen and the Crazy-Psycho-Freak Bird are weak to Rock-type moves.
After defeating him, the way to Driftveil Drawbridge was clear.
Got the Funfest Mission, but for some odd reason, I haven't found as many Wings as Hilbert found in White (that liar, maybe those Duckletts have become rare in two years, thanks to the stupid new Pokémon distribution).
Arrived at Driftveil City and saw two Plasma Grunts (one terrorist and one knight), with Hugh rushing to them like a certain Pokémon Trainer from Sinnoh (maybe the real Hugh was kidnapped by Barry and now I'm seeing him disguised as Hugh).
After the commotion, the Plasma Knight invited me to go to their base.
Explored the new touristic resort, now Driftveil has hotels here, there and everywhere and there isn't the Cold Storage anymore, but in that place there is the Pokémon World Tournament, or PWT, not to mention there was a color change to Emerald in the buildings (maybe there's an omen for a certain remake).
Faced the Heartbreaker Charles for the second time, this time in a Rotation Battle and won easily.
Noticed my team was (again) underlevelled, but ignored that again.

Episode 30: Old Plasma vs New Plasma! Knights vs Terrorists!
After exploring the city and grabbing the rewards (that Air Balloon seems delicious on the PWT against the Gym Leaders), I decided to go to the northernmost building (the Old Plasma building), since I can't go to the Gym yet.
However, in order to get access to the building, I had to face one of the Six (Ghetsis sucks so I don't count him) Sages.
The battle was slightly challenging, but Rood was eventually defeated.
After Rood's defeat, he invited me and Hugh to go inside the building.
After Rood explaining the differences between the Knights (Old Plasma) and the Terrorists (New Plasma), the Sage gave me a Zorua, but since I had a HM Slave with me with my main team, I couldn't accept Rood's present.
After depositing the HM Slave, there was no one in the Plasma building except a Zoroark, which triggered another flashback.
Poor N, when I find you... if I find N at all...
After the flashback when I entered inside the building again, there were the Knights and Rood like it didn't happen anything at all (those Zoroark illusions, first the Lostlorn Forest, now here).
Obtained N's Zorua, now I can go to the Gym, but before I face Clay...

Last edited:

JohnNiles

This game makes me sick. I literally blew the entire day on the Pokemon World Tournament and racked up maybe 3 wins, and dozens of losses. I would've gotten points if I just ground the Unova tournament, but no, I wanted to do things the hard way and finish up with the Leaders Tournament. Sometimes I don't know why I bother. I guess I won't be sleeping tonight.

Chaos Rush

Currently at that route that's north of Undella Town. And thus, I am going through my long trek to Opelucid City...

Lv39 Lucario
Lv40 Magnezone
Lv42 Growlithe
Lv39 Sigilyph
Lv39 Vaporeon
Lv41 Serperior

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Ok, didn't do much today. Did some Join Avenue stuff, training, and blocked the moving pansear in Nimbasa so that it was stuck to the right of its trainer (which isn't easy imo). XD For Join Avenue, found out you can sr for what the npcs want recomended for them, so that's helping me out. Also got a mart going, but it'll be a while until I can buy ether, pp up, and max revives (but it's about time they're buyable, max revives mainly). As for trainin, did some battling wild gothitas just outside Nimbasa and Lostlorn Forest. Didn't get many battles in. Last battle though, this little gothita wouldn't let us leave, so figured it waned to battle. Switched in one poke and than the last who needed sp def evs. Maiden was trying to battle it, but it seemed much more bulky than other gothitas. Was wondering about catching it since when I run into a noticably different poke I think about catching it. Kept on tryin to knock it out and it just kept withstanding things (though did paralyze it from lick). Just before winning the battle, it occurred to me that this thing didn't fight back once. All she did was cry and get paralyzed. Than I thought maybe she didn't let us go because she wanted to join us. I offered her a pokéball, which I felt bad that she was so weak now, and she stayed in and got sent right to the pc and was healed. Turned out she was very defensive by being impish with def being her beneficial stat. I also never actually caught any pokémon in that evolutionary family nor had one from various trades.
Ok, after that I continued training my koffing giving him all the sp def evs he could use and finished ev training Maiden and my unnamed pansage. Did some other stuff like Join Avenue andbasic progression through the game stuff. Fought Team Plasma, learned about hidden grottoes, battled Charles in a rotation battle, crossed the Driftveil Drawbridge, and saw the two different Team Plasmas argue. After that, the old Team Plasma told me where their Team Plasma was in Driftveil and if I waned to hear their story to head there. I, of course, tryed to get right into the Pokémon Tournament. Failing an being tld it wasn't available yet and that I should get my fifth badge...I tryed sneaking in past his other side to be told the same thing. v.v

Went to hear the old Team Plasmas story. Before going inside, I would have to defeat Rood. I was trying to level up the weaker fully ev trained pokes I had with me and I prolly had to restart the battle for them to get the most out of it, but we did beat him. He was a tough battle for them. Can't remember all the battle's details. His herdier would do work ups and boost his take down's power. I remember Maiden at the end battling his swoobat. Kept tryin to paralyze it with lick and after many tries, paralyzed it, but don't remember it missing an attack from it. It did attract Maiden. I'd be all like "Don't fall for it, it's not real love." Finally, with like VERY little hp I believe, I took a risk and had her use water gun to take it out. I told her to think of the unnamed pansage (who's basically like her training buddy right now) and the attack hit. Rood invited us inside then. After informing me about things, he offered me N's zorua which I accepted. I had no room in the party, so I had to head to the center to make room.

Heading back inside, I was surprised to encounter a zoroark. It played a vision of two old Team Plasma members talking about things ending with them leaving the buildin not realizing N was there listening to them. Team Plasma's story is a lot to take in. After the vision played, the zoroark vanished and I was left in an empty house. The people and pokémon from before weren't there. Confused, I exited and re-entered. I was confused and Rood looked at me puzzled. It must have all been an illusion the zoroark created. After gethering my thoughts, I accepted N's zoroa and headed back to the Center to get my team ready for the gym battle.

WOW...unlike the other gyms, this remodel did not impress me. The music wasn't great and the obstacles were annoying and confusing in that there was too many unneeded platforms. Did not care for this gym. In fact, I think I liked the old version a lot when I went through Black. Anyway, the battles are getting tougher, though I was trying to level up lower level pokémon with like around maybe three level difference in most of the battles? But we got through them all and healed up and went to battle Clay. Trying to even up the levels I think, out of Maiden and the pansage, one took out the krokorok and the other the sandslash. The excadrill gave us a lot of trouble with trying to get them leveled. Used LOTS of items (even accidently used a revive on the wrong, unfainted, pokémon, and instead of saying can't use it on them, I miss a turn of battle >: ( ). Finally I just decided to use Lilwun who wasn't out of the water (lol, pun). He's still not ready to battle like Yunowun yet. Had to heal up his hp while taking out the excadrill. But with a razor shell he took out that thing after it healed to maybe having 2/3 hp from its sitrus berry. Yay, for ev training it in attack. Did so much better than Maiden's water gun. Her sp atk is hindered stat I believe and she's more of an attack pokémon. But I realize the monkies really could use an evolution, just not yet since need them to learn more level up moves.

Now it's time for the PWT. Can't wait. ^^

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
After walking around in the grass at Castelia city for about 30 minutes I finally ran into an Eevee at level 19. I figure I have plenty of balls to catch this at the low level so I get it to about 3 HP left and paralyze it. I then proceed to throw 2 quick balls, 7 Great balls, 13 Poke Balls, and after all those, 5 timer balls at it....IT BREAKS OUT OF EVERY STINKING ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I knocked the jerk into next week with my Lucario after its blatant refusal to stay in the ball. Serves you right Eevee. How dare you.

Cpchris

Shiny Hunter
After walking around in the grass at Castelia city for about 30 minutes I finally ran into an Eevee at level 19. I figure I have plenty of balls to catch this at the low level so I get it to about 3 HP left and paralyze it. I then proceed to throw 2 quick balls, 7 Great balls, 13 Poke Balls, and after all those, 5 timer balls at it....IT BREAKS OUT OF EVERY STINKING ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I knocked the jerk into next week with my Lucario after its blatant refusal to stay in the ball. Serves you right Eevee. How dare you.

wow that really stinks

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, I finallybeat the Johto Leaders Tournament in Driftveil! Ghad! I lost too many times there!
but on the bright side, getting shards every time I lost, I have now taught Serperior Iron Tail.

Thecatteam

About to enter victory road, after I fully explore all the waterfall areas! The whole Plasma Frigate was amazing!

Violent Red

It's been a long time since I last posted. I've defeated the Champion now so a lot has happened, but I'll post some highlights of my adventure since the last post.

- Deep in the Giant Chasm, I'd tracked down and defeated Team Plasma. Or so I thought. After defeating the scientist Colress on their ship, I unmasked the real mastermind behind Plasma's shenanigans, Ghetsis. He fled, leaving the Triad to 'deal with me'. I defeated them 1 by 1 and obtained Hugh's Purrloin. The Pokemon seemed a bit traumatised but I trust Hugh to get it back on the right path.

I then followed Ghetsis into the heart of the Chasm where he instructed the enslaved Kyurum to finish me off. Luckily, the Hero N appeared on the back of his Reshiram but to our shock, Ghetis ordered Kyurum to absorb and fuse with N's friend.

At that stage I knew there was only 1 Pokemon in the world that could hope to defeat White Kyurum's devastating power: my ancient Volcarona, who had waited for me to find her at the heart of Relic Castle, who devoted her power to me after I passed her test.

Drayden had said only Reshiram's flames could melt Kyurum's ice but he was wrong. Volcarona are the Pokemon and living embodiment of the sun itself. Volcarona herself told me that a single Volcarona is born in times of darkness. She said that they are born with the memories of every Volcarona that has ever lived and that they are destined to wait for a single trainer that can utilise their power to bring lightness back into the world. This was the moment for which I had met my Volcarona in that dark and dusty cavern, swallowed by the Earth and forgotten by time.

She erupted from her Pokeball, ready to defend me and Unova itself. I commanded her to engulf White Kyurum in flames and her power was awesome. After an inspiring battle, Volcarona was victorious, her purpose, our destinies fulfilled.

But, Ghetsis, in his rage challenged me straight after Kyurum fled.

N healed my Volcarona's wounds whilst my other Pokemon battled bravely.

Ghetsis was a very talented trainer. My Lapras had a fantastic duel against his Seismitoad, taking Drain Punch after super effective Drain Punch, yet remaining victorious through her powerful Ice Beam. Finally, Ghetsis sent out his evil Hydreigon, and, her wounds fully healed, Volcarona crushed it with a single Signal Beam.

A fantastic adventure indeed!

Afterwards, I made my way through Victory Road with the intention to become the Champion,

(LOVED Victory Road in this game. VR in BW1 was a disgusting failure - you could get from one end to the other with one max repel!).

The E4 where fearsome trainers.

Shauntal:
Jolteon vs Confarigus
Serperior vs Golurk
Lapras vs Drifblim
Arcanine vs Chandelure

Grimsley:
Sandslash vs Liepard
Serperior vs Krokorock
Jolteon vs Scrafty
Volcarona vs Bisharp

Caitlin:
Sandslash vs Musharna
Jolteon vs Sigilyph
Arcanine vs Reuniclus
Volcarona vs Gothitelle

Marshall:
Sandslash vs Throh
Serperior vs Mienshao
Jolteon vs Sawk
Volcarona vs Conkeldurr

Marshall was by far the strongest E4 member. Caitlin was the weakest. She didn't take a single HP off any of my Pokemon.

Champion Iris:
Volcarona vs Hydreigon
Serperior vs Druddigon
Jolteon vs Archeops
Lapras vs Lapras
Sandslash vs Aggron
Arcanine vs Haxorus

Arcanine was the only team member to faint in this battle but I felt it was kinda cheap. Haxorus would have fell to Arcanine's Outrage if it wasn't for his Focus Sash. I felt that was pretty cheap.

I am the Champion now woo!

Some random thoughts:
I felt the E4 where very underlevelled: before I'd even got to Victory Road, I was fighting WILD Bouffalant at level 56 - the same level as many E4 Pokemon. My Pokemon where already higher levels than Iris's Haxorus by the time I'd defeated Ghetsis.

Saying that, Victory Road was a little challenging: It seemed nearly every Pokemon had access to Rock Slide - at one stage Volcarona was KO'd in three battles in a row. Crazy.

I got lots of post-champion stuff to do now but am considering starting by B2 run thorugh instead. I wish I'd done B2 first so I could have unlocked the challenge key. I am such an idiot!!!

Last edited:

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
Having finished the storyline about a week ago, my focus has been primarily on completing the national dex. The GTS has been pretty unkind as well, this one person showed me a tepig and despite the smilely face he bailed on the trade...
Fed up with people screwing around and either showing off or trying to trade hacks *cough* shiny Meganium in a master ball *cough*, I bred multiple pokemon that I needed for the dex and traded them over. After the mass trade the unova dex is at about 180 owned while national is a little over 210 owned.

Over the last couple of days I've been using Thundurus for the first time ever and wow, he is such a beast. His moveset has been Focus blast, thunderbolt, dark pulse and for the time being, heal block. He's grown 5 levels since I started using him, making him level 45. He'd probably be a higher level but the main focus is on the pokemon that I'm trying to evolve. I usually don't use the legends I catch but I think I'll change that from now on.

At some point I plan on returning to the PWT to try and beat the first 4 region's sets of gym leaders, I've been thrashed both times that I've attempted the Hoenn leaders so I might put together some new teams to take on those tournaments. Another feature that I'm loving at the moment is the Join Avenue. I'm at rank 8 overall with a rank 5 mart, rank 4 lottery, dojo and cafe as well as a barber, second lottery and a second mart all at rank 1 (the last 2 i'll probably replace).

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I was able to defeat champion Iris with only my lv.65 Samurott last saturday. Yesterday, i was also able to become the champion during the downloadable tournament 2012 Junior Division (using a team i have been training for years now). Right now my in-game team is between lv.78 and lv.80, and i captured a Therian Forme Thundurus with mild nature through the PDR. At this moment i am in Striaton City, about to train in the Dreamyard. Afterwards i plan to head south to Nuvema Town, challenge the tower in Black City and take on the gym leaders at the PWT. That should keep me busy long enough until i can restart Black 2 on hard mode.

As soon as i get online at home, i will give an update in this post on my team. :)

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Still trying to get every Pokemon I possible can before the Pokemon League. I'm approaching 200, and there aren't many more I can get, most of the ones left require evolution (not looking forward to Hydreigon). The only Pokemon I have to find in the wild still are Castform, Lapras and Sawk, not easy ones to find either. But I'm almost there, currently working on my remaining happiness evolutions - Crobat, Swoobat, Espeon and Umbreon.

Tried to beat the remaining PWT challenges (the ones available to me pre-endgame anyway), and only the Rental rotation tournament is left. The others, with my actual team, were fairly simple. But the Rental tournaments I find so difficult! Took me so long to beat the Rental Triple Battle tournament, and to be honest I shouldn't have. I was 4-1 down in the first round with only my Maractus left, and somehow came back to sweep with the cactus Pokemon, cementing it in my heart forever, especially as it won the next round too and survived the final round to win me the tournament. To be honest all I'm really doing it for is elemental stones but I need no more at this current time.

My main team is levelling naturally whilst I'm going round catching and training everything else up anyway, so it's looking good for the league. Level 60 is my minimum aim when that time comes around.

Team:

:503: Usher lvl.58
Waterfall
Revenge
Surf
Ice Beam

:542: Flik lvl.58
Swords Dance
Flash
X-Scissor
Leaf Blade

:555: Mako lvl.58
Flare Blitz
Rock Slide
Strength
Superpower

:553: Sandy lvl.58
Crunch
Dragon Tail
Rock Slide
Earthquake

:601: Klive lvl.587
Thunderbolt
Gear Grind
Volt Switch
Shift Gear

:521: Byrd lvl.57
Fly
Air Slash
Return
Roost

I had such problems raising my team around the fourth and fifth gyms and would barely win, but boy has that hard work paid off now that everyone has evolved. I wish I didn't have to put HMs on them but to be honest it works as it is, it's only ingame anyway. Krookodile especially has come into his element, used to be so frail and do so little but now Earthquake just destroys everything. But to be honest every member of my team is capable of being a powerhouse at any given moment.

Though I have thought of a Battle Subway team. I'm cheaping out and using a Rain Dance team, which I think will consist of Politoed, Ferrothorn and Kingdra. Though getting a DW Poliwhirl is going to take some time I'm guessing, which I'm not looking forward to.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I was able to beat the storyline before I fell asleep last night. xD So, let's see where I'm at, and what my future plans are.

Recent Activity [as of 10/21/12]:
  • I survived Victory Road. (I think they overdid the trainers here, but I don't mind them because it's more grinding for me. xD)
  • I defeated the Elite Four and Iris. (My starter did most of the job, haha.)
  • Recent Captures: Corsola, Boufflant, Rufflet, Golurk, Roselia, Zweilous, Druddigon.
  • Recent Evolutions: None.

Current Party:
  • Samurott♂ - Level 64
  • Volcarona♂ - Level 58
  • Drapion♂ - Level 56
  • Krookodile♀ - Level 55
  • Ampharos♂ - Level 49
  • Unfezant♀ - Level 33

Future Plans:
  • Transfer the majority of my Pokemon from my Black Version onto White 2. (Still have yet to finish MM'ing for a shiny DW Murkrow in Black, however.)
  • Compete in the Pokemon World Tournament.
  • Begin my personal challenge of attempting to EV-train every single Pokemon in the Pokedex (in it's fully evolved form, obviously), while filling Pokedex pages along the way. First part of the goal are the starters.

Miscellaneous Progress:
  • # of Gym Badges: 8
  • Unova Dex: (I will check back later because I'm at college and don't have my game with me.)
  • National Dex: Not yet obtained.

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got everyone to lv 60 except Rita, beat the elite 4 which wasn't very difficult, Fufu my swoobat beat everyone of Marshal's pokemon XD and I beat Iris who also wasn't to difficult. Here is my winning team:
;rukario; Barkly lv 61
;059; Rita lv 60
:497: Mushu lv 60
:528: Fufu lv 60
;224; Marina lv 60
;110; Ayame lv 60
Now I will play black 2 and beat it before continuing with white 2.

Battling On Thin Ice

Well after speaking to Drayden, I learned stuff that I already knew. Then Team Plasma came and froze over the city. The grunts were annoying because they each had a tank that wouldn't go down (oh god especially one of their Muk's, I swear it had a Wide Lens equipped), but I managed to overcome them.

Zinzolin was annoying too because I wanted one of my Pokemon with the Lucky Egg to defeat his, but in order to have the ability to take two of his Ice Beams so I can attack, I had to keep setting up a Light Screen with my Electrode, and there were several times where its ice beams would freeze so it would be annoying. Plus even my Electrode's most powerful attack didn't do much, and his SECOND Cryogonal had freaking Light Screen. But I did it.

The Shadow Triad was kinda easy because at that time my Lucario had the Lucky Egg, so I just swept his Pokemon that were weak to fighting moves.

Now I'm going to head to Himilau

Status
Not open for further replies.