• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black 2 Playthrough Post 7

I done so much since my last post so I'm only going to post some highlights of my playthrough.

I fought Skyla and won quite easily since several of my pokemon had either an electric or ice type move.
In Lentimas Town, I taught Serperior Aqua Tail
Explored the new places before Opelucid City and collected items on the way. Also fought the trainers.
I traded over an Eelektrik from White for my team. Evolved it after trading it.
When the team was lv. 48 I decided to go battle Drayden.
Before battling Drayden, I traded both my Flygon and Eelektross to my White to teach them a few moves. Dragon Claw and Earthquake on Flygon and Dragon Claw on Eelektross.
I won easily since all Haxorus did was use Dragon Dance.
After talking to Drayden in his house, there was this boom; outside was Team Plasma's ship. They froze Opelucid City! Awesome scene though!
After fighting Team Plasma, I was off to Humilau City.
Fought the trainers and collected the items near Humilau.
Taught my Eelektross Drain Punch.
When the team was on lv. 50 I went to fight Marlon. I love the way he talks!
I won very easily, I only used Serperior. I set a few Coils and used Leaf Blade on each one.
Went into the Plasma Frigate for the first time and fought the grunts within. Afterwards the ship left for the Giant Chasm. This is where I'm at at the moment.
Another thing, I gave my Serperior Strength temporarily. She's not going to keep it.

Current Team
:497: Empress [F] Lv. 53 || Adamant | Overgrow // Strength | Coil | Aqua Tail | Leaf Blade @Big Root
;448; Harley [M] Lv. 52 || Hardy | Inner Focus // Dark Pulse | Ice Punch | Bone Rush | Aura Sphere @Leftovers
;059; Manny [M] Lv. 52 || Naive | Intimidate // Wild Charge | Flamethrower | Dig | Crunch @Shell Bell
;131; Anastasia [F] Lv. 52 || Timid | Water Absorb // Psychic | Ice Beam | Thunderbolt | Surf @Rocky Helmet
;330; Aaron [M] Lv. 52 || Naughty | Levitate // Rock Slide | Earthquake | Crunch | Dragon Claw @Wide Lens
:604: Vincent [M] Lv. 52 || Adamant | Levitate // Crunch | Dragon Claw | ThunderPunch | Drain Punch @Quick Claw

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I continued black 2. After about 10 minutes of catching female scraggys I finally found one with a good nature and moxie. The nature happened to be adament XD After that I beat all the trainers in the desert resort. Now I'm going to go to the relic castle.

Heroically Heading to Himilau City!

Well I flew to Undella town and then decided to take the Seaside Route cave instead of the Marine Tunnel so I could get some training done. I then cleared through all the trainers with not much trouble, and found the Toxic TM which I taught to some of my party. I then left the cave and then tried to skip some of the trainers, as the Pokemon I was carrying were higher leveled than the ones in my PC due to all the trainers inside Seaside Cave, but that didn't work out too well. So I arrived at Himilau and retrieved the Pokemon in my PC and took down the remaining like 2 trainers that I hadn't battled, and I explored the city afterwards and found Marlon. Next time I'm going to train on the route that's ahead of Himilau and then battle Marlon!

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I was unaware you could get Reshiram in shiny form? Have I missed something? (Genuine question, not sarcastic)

I remember in Black, it was set so that while you had to capture Reshiram during the storyline, it wouldn't be shiny. Although now I just checked for myself that Reshiram is still shiny-locked, or in other words, can't be soft-reset for a shiny (unless that info is false, but I'm pretty sure it isn't)... in which I'm still sadface about because I actually like Reshiram's shiny form. >.>

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Killed a freaking shiny toxicroak.

Meowth City

Staff member
Black 2: Battled Drayden for the Legend Badge. I used a mixture of Pokemon to conquer his team of dragons. He didn't give me too much trouble and after a rather short battle, I won my seventh badge. However, upon leaving the gym, Team Plasma and their flying ship arrives, floating malevolently above the city. Using their powerful machine, they freeze the whole town along with parts of the surrounding routes. Drayden and I attempt to drive the evil team out of the city, battling grunts and Zinzolin along the way. With help from the Shadow Triad, they successfully stole the DNA Slicers from under us. As we chase them down, Damon and I made our way to Humilau City. It is there that Damon decides to postpone our hunt for Plasma, so I can get my final gym badge. I headed north and bumped into Marlon, the city gym leader. He returned to his gym and that is where we had our match.

The battle went by swimmingly, right up until he sent out his Jellicent. It took out Jolteon, which I had to revive. So I used Samurott to stall him in places and I won after sending my restored Jolteon back out. Upon exiting the gym, I am met by Damon, who continues to bang on about Team Plasma. He tells me to check Route 22, which I do. After seeing Terrakion standing casually on a ledge, Colress appears to me and offers me some kind of machine. Yay, I think. Heading towards the south this time, I make my way through the Seaside Cave and come across a Crustle hidden in its rock/shell. I used the device given by Colress on it and the Pokemon attacks. I caught it, then left the cave. Outside, I discovered this is where Team Plasma has docked their ship. Before I can even get on it myself, Damon runs on and I saved the game.

:503: Samurott - Level 48
;126; Magmar - Level 49
;135; Jolteon - Level 48
;214; Heracross - Level 48
;227; Skarmory - Level 48

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat the trainers in the relic castle, got to Nimbasa, beat the subway guys with Nate, beat the person who owns the ferris wheel, beat the trainers in the rollercoaster park, and beat the trainers in the gym. Now I will get my team to lv 27 before battling Elesa.

Aegon

I travelled in Skyla's plane to Lentimas Town and took a look around there. I quite like its atmosphere. I then visited the Strange House ("strange"; what an understatement). That place is bizarre. After collecting all of the items there (I had to go back for Shadow Ball later on), I headed into Reversal Mountain. There, I teamed up with Bianca and battled many trainers. I enjoyed that cave. It was slightly confusing and the music was somewhat refreshing. I soon exited in Undella Town. I quickly picked up some hidden items, healed, then saved.

Current Team:
:497: James Lv. 39
:508: Rupert Lv. 38
;082; Omega Lv. 39
;126; Cinna Lv. 40
:530: River Lv. 38

Dex:
55/649 (8.47%)

ludiloco

I did all the in-game stuff and now I'm hunting the available legendaries in white2, I caught Latias, Reshiram, Kyurem, the 3 pixies and Regirock; Regice, heatran and Creselia are missing. Too bad I don't have the key to catch Registeel :(

My current team is in my signature.

Pally's (Dis)Accomplishments! Post... I've lost count! 12, I think? Maybe 11?

White2
Acc: Caught all the spare legendaries I was going to ignore.
Acc: Taught my White1 Conkeldurr Drain Punch.
Dis: Had to re-breed for one with Guts ability, because I was afraid that Sheer Force might remove Drain Punch's healing effect.
Acc: Altered some of my Gen4 Pokémon's movesets, teaching my Alakazam and Exeggutor Psyshock, and my Feraligatr Superpower and Return.
Acc: Gotta love that Water/Ice/Fighting/Normal coverage! It's not quite as good as Electric/Fire/Dragon/Water coverage, though, because it doesn't hit Shedinja.
Acc: Forgot to mention, I also re-taught my Garchomp Fire Blast, returning him to his mixed-sweeping roots.
Dis: Forgot that I forgot to switch his EVs to full physical when I removed Fire Blast in Platinum, so I confused myself when I tried to use berries to remove Sp.Def EVs to boost his Sp.Atk. Ended up spending way more berries and vitamins than I initially planned.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Before going to Route 13, I went back to Route 14 and captured an Absol. Then, I tried to go out to Route 13. But first, my Rival appeared and challenged me to a battle. Awesome! Too bad he only had three Pokemon with him, I won against him rather easily. After the battle, I finally went out to Route 13. I battled all trainers here, picked up all items and captured Tangela, Solrock, Lunatone and Pelipper. However, there was a part of the Route which I couldn’t get to, I suppose I will have to go back later and see if there is any way to access it. At the end of the Route, I met Cobalion again. This time, it didn’t run away, it just stood there. Did it want to battle me? Maybe, but there was no way I could do that yet, I wasn’t prepared for this at all!

I entered Lacunosa Town, where I met Professor Juniper and Bianca again. They had something to tell me, so I followed them to one of the houses in the Town, where an old lady told us the legend of how a Pokemon had appeared from a Meteorite hitting the Giant Chasm long ago. It was decided that I should ask Drayden for more information if I could defeat him. I explored the town, but there wasn’t extremely much to see. As I tried to exit the Town, I ran into my Rival again. Then, out of nowhere, two members of Team Plasma appeared. We battled them, and won. They ran away, and my rival ran after them as usual.

I went out to Route 12, battled the surprisingly few trainers here and picked up a few items. Continued to the Village Bridge where I did pretty much the same thing, battled the trainers here, picked up some items and captured a Zangoose. Then Route 11, for the same thing once more, I battled the trainers here that I could battle, picked up a few items and captured a Karrablast. I also met a green Pokemon which looked similar to Cobalion, but I feared its strength and didn’t feel like battling it yet.

Entered Opelucid City, where I met Iris again. She told me that the Gym Leader, Drayden, is her grandfather, and that I should challenge him. Well, that was what I had planned to do anyway. I explored the city, but decided to head out to Route 9 before taking on the Gym. On the route, I battled all the trainers, picked up all items and captured a Pawniard and a Garbodor. Couldn’t continue out to the Tubeline Bridge because it was blocked. I entered the Shopping Mall Nein instead and battled the trainers there, bought a few items and found others on the floor.

With that, I was ready to challenge the Gym. Went there, and I think this gym has the most epic music of all the gyms so far. I battled the regular trainers and then it was time for Drayden. None of my team members has any moves which are strong against Dragons, but I do at least have a Steel-type on my team. So I decided to lead with Magnezone. A Thunder Wave and a Critical Hit Flash Cannon was enough to defeat his Druddigon. He sent out Flygon next, I didn’t want to have Magnezone up against it so I sent in Gothitelle. It managed to use Psychic once but was defeated by a Critical Hit Crunch. I sent in Crobat which took care of the earth dragon with Acrobatics. Only Haxorus left, and it was 2HKO’d by Crobats Acrobatics. So I won and got my seventh badge.

He had to tell me the about the story of the Legendary Dragon-type Pokemon on order from Professor Juniper. We exited the Gym and I followed him to his house. There, he told me all about it. A very interesting story. Just as he had finished, we heard something from outside. We went outside, and in the sky, we saw… a flying ship? Pretty cool. The ship had a cannon at the front which started to shoot ice, making almost all of the city frozen. Before our eyes, a bunch of members from Team Plasma appeared. They were after the DNA splicers Drayden owned. But he wasn’t going to let them get the hold of that, instead, he wanted me to help him clean the city from Team Plasma. Which I naturally had to help him with.

So I battled the three Plasma Grunts around the city, and then the boss. They ran away. Drayden approached me and told me that he had hidden the DNA Splicers inside of the Gym. He showed them to me, but the Shadow Triad or whatever they are called appeared and stole them from us! We chased them, but they managed to escape. I got a call on the Xtransciever from Cheren saying he suspected something was going on in the Giant Chasm, next to Humilau City. So that is where I am heading next, I will have to take the Marine Tube in order to get there.

Team:
:500: - level 52
;462; - level 52
;169; - level 52
:556: - level 52
:576: - level 52
:593: - level 52

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I went to the Strange House and obtained the Lunar Wing. I went to the bridge and successfully caught Cresslia. Then I went to Celestial Tower and caught Mespirit

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I started up White 2 today, playing as the girl Trainer this time (what? Chris is a perfectly unisex name!). I ended up with a female Snivy as my starter, and after an adventure spanning as far as Floccesy Ranch (I never know how to spell that), I returned to Aspertia for my first Gym battle, which I easily won with just Snivy.

Soon after, I got to Virbank City, and consequentially Virbank Complex, where I caught and trained the next two members of my team, Growlithe and Magnemite. The Gym Leader, Roxie, was harder than she needed to be because I insisted on Growlithe getting the level-up, which it did anyway, hip hoorah. From there, I made a couple movies in Pokestar Studios, and soon it was back to work going after Team Plasma.

We followed the crooks to Castelia City, where I proceeded into Route 4, and after two bad natures, I got me an Adamant Sandile. I've pretty much explored all of Castelia (one or two things I missed, which I'll get to either tomorrow or later tonight), with still no sign of Team Plasma.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
On Black 2, I've been doing a serious amount of trading (about 200 trades so far!) for two purposes.
1. I want to complete my Pokedex. I'm only missing 1 Pokemon on the Unova dex, and I have caught 564 species nationally.
2. I want to build my Join Avenue up. Currently I'm at Rank 8~.

Going forward, I will keep focusing on Join Avenue and my Pokedex for now~.

ToriAnne

Casual Badass
Ugh, I will never finish this game at the rate I am going at now. After spending 5+ hours there, Pokestar Studios is STILL calling for me to make movies! This is the first side-quest ever that had me this addicted. I just wish you didn't have to beat the E4 for more movies! But at least there are strange endings, so I'm trying to make my entire in-game team stars. Which is probably going to take another 5+ hours xD
Elesa is probably getting bored of waiting for me to show up!

Cobalt_Latios

:D UPDATES!! Man I've been putting this one off for a bit... hopefully I still remember the gist of it. Damn school getting in the way making it all blur together.

* Checks previous post to hopefully jog memory...*

Aha! I see now!
  • Headed off to Undella Town to enter the Marine Tube to get to Humilau City.
  • Gawks for a good few minutes at just how gorgeous the Marine Tube is.
  • Proceeds through to Humilau City, does a few random and assorted things before going to the gym proper
  • Battles every trainer in the gym with either Virizion or Magnezone.
  • Took on Marlon with very little difficulty. Virizion pretty much OHKOd his entire team for the most part.
  • Got my badge and Scald, and proceeded to venture to the Seaside cave to make my way to Team Plasma's Frigate.
  • Made it through the Cave and exited to find that Marlon is deciding to help us, despite being rather neutral to all of this.
  • Took on Team Plasma with relative ease. Beat Zinzolin, and then found out about what Ghetsis was up to.
  • Shadow Triad whisked us off the Frigate before it took off in spectacular fashion.
  • Cheren shows up to tell us that he's located a "cold spot" in the Giant Chasm... so it's off to there!
  • Decided to bring my team up to around level 55 just to be sure.
  • Made my way through the Giant Chasm, making a few new captures along the way.
  • Battled through a couple of TP grunts before boarding the Frigate for the 2nd time.
  • Took on Team Plasma once again and made my way through towards Colress... before being challenged by Zinzolin.
  • Beat him, then on towards Colress.
  • Colress actually proved to be a bit challenging by actually using a good combination of moves and scoring paralysis on 2 of my Pokemon; of which 1 of them kept staying paralyzed until I bothered to heal it. I also blame the ability Sturdy for not letting me OHKO the bastard that was Magneton. Somehow, every other member of his team fell with ease.
  • Made my way to Ghetsis's chamber again, at least until the Shadow Triad interveened and was forced to battle them.
  • Defeated them, and headed towards the area where Kyurem is usually located.
  • I listen to a monologue from Ghetsis... before he attempts to murder me... what?
  • N shows up to my rescue with Reshiram (White 2), and proceeds to try and talk to Ghetsis. He ain't really gonna hear any of it and decides to use the DNA Splicer to combine Reshiram and Kyurem.
  • Another spectacular cutscene showing Kyurem in the process of reverting Reshiram back into a stone.
  • Another cutscene showing Kyurem becoming White Kyurem.
  • Ghetsis then sicks White Kyurem on me, of which I had to battle... which went surprisingly well. I managed to almost 2 HKO the thing, until it started to wise up and actually use Fusion Flare. At which point, I just used my speedy Flygon on Dragon Clawed it :D.
  • N heals my team, then I face Ghetsis. No word of a lie... this battle was EASIER than what I had to face back in White 1. I partially blame the fact that my levels were about 5-6 higher than what Ghetsis whole team was, but I digress, when you can 1 shot his Hydreigon with a Flygon... you know something is just a bit off.
  • Ghetsis goes mad for a bit before the Shadow Triad whisk him away instead.
  • I leave the cave to find that TP has departed from the Chasm, leaving a large crater of sorts.
  • Head towards Victory Road, which I have to say is pretty awesome.
  • Make my way through Victory Road, which actually feels like a road this time rather than a ridiculous maze of sorts.
  • Arrive at the league, heal my team, take off towards the abundant shrine to finish off the area.
  • Return back, proceed to take on the League
  • Shauntal: Not bad, I think they may have buffed her a bit this time, as I think I only manage to OHKO 1 of her Pokemon. Her Chandelure massacre half my team before Samurott finally took it out.
  • Caitlin: Musharna proved annoying, but that's mainly for being bulky and repeatedly trying to put me to sleep >:p.
  • Grimsley: Virizion pretty much took him only single handedly.
  • Marshal: Conkeldurr was tricky, but I managed to take him down using Flygon.
  • And finally... Champion Iris. Flygon, Magnezone, Lucario and Samurott were the only ones really needed to take her down. But it was still a ton of fun :D.
  • Hall of Fame time!

And... well... I'm in the process of getting myself reading to work on the post game stuff. I'm very curious to see how this ends up, mainly because I don't yet know of a place where the levels are adequate enough for me to properly level up to 65 before I decide to challenge everyone. Or I could just play the game and try and win everything xD.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I took out Drayden with my Ice Punching Lucario and dealt with Team Galactic in the city.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
White2. Yesterday's thing.

Today, I stopped after 500 SRs for shiny Oshawott coz I didn't get one XD Now I have a female Oshawott with me. (That was cool, Nurse Joy saying Happy Birthday to me :3) After Bianky taught me how to catch PKMN, I met Alder (HOW U JUMP OFF THE HUGE CLIFF LIKE THAT :p) and told me to train more in Route 20, then I had to find the lost Herdier after defeating my rival. I eventually found it and then trained my PKMN there. Grew my Oshawott to Lv14 and to my surprised, I encountered a wild Riolu. I accidentally killed it coz my Oshawott was too strong ._. So I decided to train longer and look for another Riolu. About 2+ levels past, I encountered one again :D Then I caught it this time.

Went back to my hometown to fight the new Gym Leader, Cheren. He was though at first when I first battled him earlier, so I trained and beat him after 4-5 rounds :) Got my badge and made my way to the next town.

I decided to trade a Lv1 Gothita and Lv 15 Meowth from my White game and trained with the Audinos' that night.

Team:

FEMALE Dewott: 17
MALE Riolu: 12
FEMALE Gothita: 22
FEMALE Meowth: 17

Status
Not open for further replies.