• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black 2 & White 2 Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
Played for awhile today just beat the 3rd gym leader Burgh easy with my Team~Pignite,Flaaffy,Lucario and Zubat currently stopped at Route 4.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I got my game at around 5 and had dinner so I haven't played it a lot. I have only two Pokemon right now because of a challenge I'm doing with my friends which only allow me to have Snivy and Flaaffy for Roxie. I beat Cheren (after three tries which personally upsets me) with a level 12 Mareep and Snivy. I am now in Virbank training for Roxie because I can't really use my starter in this battle. I also just got the Genesect event but I don't have plans of using it.

Missingno.Fan

I bought White 2 today (I think I should of gotten Black 2 but that's water under the bridge now). I am looking for a male Riolu and a female Mareep (I have special nicknames in mind for them) and it is taking me forever.

Drummerdude

I found that Herdier with a Team Plasma grunt and rescued it sorta. After the Alder bit I went back to Aspertia and went to the gym. Ended up beating Cheren pretty much with Riolu. His Lillipup knocked out Oshawott and almost beat Riolu but luckily I used Counter at the right time and knocked it out. Bianca gave me a bunch of items and then I continued through Route 20 until I got to Virbank City. I went straight to the Virbank Complex so I could capture an Elekid for my team. I trained it against some wild Pokemon for a bit and took a break for the night.

White 2 Team
:501: Lv14
;447; Lv16
;239; Lv12​

LizardonX

Banned
Oshawott and riolu seems to be popular.

I caught a zubat in the sewers. That bat is amazing and I cant wait until he gets moves like cross poison and heat wave.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I got Black 2 today, and I've been playing ever since the afternoon. I'm up to Castelia City, so I'll just give you the highlights:

- I picked Oshawott as my starter.
- I found a female Riolu at Floccesy Ranch.
- I went into the Cheren fight absolutely fearing Work Up, but all he really did was Tackle, making it easy for Riolu to take them out.
- Once I reached Virbank Complex, I caught a Magnemite and ground it up to level 18 so I could find an Eevee easier later.
- Did anyone else catch the Green Day reference in Virbank Gym?
- Roxie sings "Pokemon" now. I liked Dogars better. :(
- Roxie was easy. Annoying with Protect, but easy nevertheless.
- PokeStar was fun. I'm not that interested in it, though.
- Man, Team Plasma gets stuff done!
- Grimer is hell for Riolu and Servine.
- Teamed up with Hugh against Team Plasma.
- Got myself an Eevee! :D
- Explored Castelia City, can't be assed to take on the Battle Company right away.
- And now that I'm in Castelia, I just need to think of nicknames for my Pokemon.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
So I started playing, so far I am loving it. I like the kid neighbor. I chose Snivy and so far he's the only one I have on my team. Jolly nature as well for the first try. I encountered a random Riolu and decided to catch it, I don't plan on having him on my team though.. Gonna go to the first Gym!

wunderkind

So I got Black 2, and have been playing for a little while now.

I decided to start off with Oshawott, because he's my favorite Unova starter. I named him Samuel. After beating my rival, I grabbed my Wi-Fi event Genesect and watched the N flashback from the breeder. Then I began heading to Floccessy Ranch, training Samuel along the way. When I reached the Ranch, I went on a catching spree, getting a Mareep (Shep), Riolu (Lucas), Pidove (Paige), and Lillipup, although the Lillipup was later traded to get my Keldeo. After finding the Herdier and training with Alder, I challenged the gym with Samuel and Lucas. I did great until I fought Cheren. I don't know what it was, but he was hard! I ended up losing a few times, until I switched Samuel with Shep. Shep's T-wave helped out a lot, giving Lucas enough time to finish off that dang Lillipup.

Now I'm about to head over to Virbank and catch a Growlithe. Hopefully I'll have better luck against Roxie!

:501: Samuel---Lv. 12
Tackle/Tail Whip/Water Gun/Water Sport

;447; Lucas---Lv. 14
Quick Attack/Feint/Counter/Foresight

;179; Shep---Lv. 10
Tackle/Growl/Thunder Wave/Thundershock

:519: Paige---Lv. 9
Gust/Leer/Growl

Extra members: :649: Genesect, :647: Keldeo

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Black 2 Journey Post 7

After getting my third Badge, I made it to Route 4 and got myself the Dowsing Machine. I then trounced Corless and headed to the Desert Resort avoiding all the trainers. In the Desert Resort I found two of N's Pokémon. A Sandile and a Darmanitan, but those weren't was I was looking for. Fast forward two hours later and I catch myself a Trapinch and named him Arios. I then decided to backtrack to Aspertia City and use the Dowsing Machine to get things I may have missed. I stopped by Floccesy Ranch to catch myself a Mareep and named him Lumos. Now it's time to start the backtracking and the long grinding session.

Current Team:

:499: Mandrag Lv.25
-Arm Thrust -Tail Whip -Flame Charge -Defense Curl

;447; Exia Lv.22
-Work Up -Quick Attack -Force Palm -Counter

;328; Arios Lv.21
-Sand Tomb -Mud-Slap -Bide -Bulldoze

;179; Lumos Lv.5
-Tackle -Growl -Thunder Wave

Pokédex Progress:
Seen: 52 Obtained: 22

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Got my first badge, it was a breeze. I fought with my Sniver who is level 14. I strategically used Growth for 4x when facing his Patrat after that both of his Pokes fainted in just two Tackle move. I'm off to the next town and gym.....

Deadrose

Terrakion Lord
I got White2, and my sister got Black2. I decided weeks ago I was going to choose Snivy, so I tried to SR for one with a decent nature, but after a while I was too anxious to play so I settled with a Timid Snivy. For some dumb reason I caught a Purrloin and actually attempted to train it a bit, but it's now sitting in the PC. While I trained on route 19 I caught a Sewaddle and Pidove. Once my team was strong enough to survive in the Floccesy Ranch I headed on in and started searching for a Riolu and Mareep. After finding the Herdier, I trained a bit to get Riolu to level 15 for Force palm but stopped at 13 because I thought the trainer battles in the gym would be enough to get the last couple levels. With Riolu at level 14 I battled Cheren and beat him with no trouble. Though Riolu did fall in battle. I caught a Magnemite in hopes that it'll help against Roxie. Right now I'm training in the complex. Snivy is now a Servine, Mareep is now a Flaaffy and I traded Riolu to black for a Lucario of the same level. He'll be my main pokemon against Roxie since he knows Psychic and is immune to her poison. So far I'm enjoying White2 more than Black1. 9/10
Edit: Thanks to a few Audino, Sewaddle became a Swadloon a few minutes ago and she just became a Leavanny!

Last edited:

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I bought the game today and accomplished a bit so far! I chose Oshawott as a starter again, its female too. Won both battles with my rival so far. Also found a Riolu, how fortunate of me!

And I just earned the first badge, that worked up Lilipup of Cheren's wasted Oshawott, but Riolu saves the day with counter...

now i'm en route to Virbank, perhaps i'll train my weaker pokemon first...

colorless-winter

i love my Sylveon!
boght the game black 2 this morning.i chose the boy charachter because for once i dont like the girl chara. i picked snivy as my starter, the first poke i caught was a azurill, then i caught riolu, and also growlithe wich i named epicness for no apparent reason than it kicks butt. afterward beating burgh which was a piece of cake im in nimbasa city trying to beat elisa for like the 5th time. i caught a minnico from a hidden grotto and caught a liepard. just traded my minnico to black for a level 30 golurk. i just got so tired of dying i got a golurk over into 2. now attempting to beat elisas gym.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
After getting my third Badge, I made it to Route 4 and got myself the Dowsing Machine. I then trounced Corless and headed to the Desert Resort avoiding all the trainers. In the Desert Resort I found two of N's Pokémon. A Sandile and a Darmanitan, but those weren't was I was looking for. Fast forward two hours later and I catch myself a Trapinch and named him Arios. I then decided to backtrack to Aspertia City and use the Dowsing Machine to get things I may have missed. I stopped by Floccesy Ranch to catch myself a Mareep and named him Lumos. Now it's time to start the backtracking and the long grinding session.

Current Team:

:499: Mandrag Lv.25
-Arm Thrust -Tail Whip -Flame Charge -Defense Curl

;447; Exia Lv.22
-Work Up -Quick Attack -Force Palm -Counter

;328; Arios Lv.21
-Sand Tomb -Mud-Slap -Bide -Bulldoze

;179; Lumos Lv.5
-Tackle -Growl -Thunder Wave

Pokédex Progress:
Seen: 52 Obtained: 22

Wait a minute, you can get N's Pokemon (bar Zorua) as early as Desert Resort?! Crap, there goes my Repel plan for getting Trapinch, then! At least tell me they respawn until they're caught.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Wait a minute, you can get N's Pokemon (bar Zorua) as early as Desert Resort?! Crap, there goes my Repel plan for getting Trapinch, then! At least tell me they respawn until they're caught.

I don't know if they respawn until their caught since I caught both Sandile and Darmanitan as soon as I saw them. Did you already use the Memory Link and see the flashback where N is in Chargestone Cave? If so then you might as well just catch all of his Pokémon in the Desert Resort while looking for Trapinch. It'll make it easier.

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
I have Black 2 version
I have choose male...
And called David...
Then I go trought Aspertia, Route 19, Flocessy, Route 20, and Flocessy Ranch...
In Route 20 I Caught a Sewaddle
I return to Aspertia and fight with Cheren
I win my first badge...

MY TEAM:

1. Tepig LV 13
2. Sewaddle LV 13

PokeRhymeBeat

Right now taking on Burgh's new funky gym. :D Ran into Corless in the sewers not sure what to make of him yet

jwla

I got White 2 today! I reset until I got my female Snivy. Her name is Persephone. Caught a male Riolu (after searching FOREVER!) and named him Auron. I also caught Mareep and eventually a Magnemite (Sparkle and Tesla). Decided not to use them after a while. I caught a Growlithe (Loyal) and Trapinch (Gobe). They will stay on team. Poor Auron keeps fainting. He'll never be happy enough to evolve. I want a female Eevee. She'll be an Espeon. The gyms were...all right. Cheren beat me three times. Roxie and Burgh were easy. Left off in the Desert Resort.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Just saved in front of the Castelia City gym in Black 2! I've played for 5 hours straight today. My current team is as follows:

-Boyardee the Pignite lv 21
-Staryu lv 21
-Kira the *shiny* Pidgeotto lv 22

Burgh's gym shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and I am playing on Challenge Mode since I had the Challenge key on my Japanese version.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I bought White 2 today. Before starting a game, I linked up with my Black 2 in order to unlock Challenge Mode. I turned Challenge Mode on, then started a new game. I picked the girl character and named her Squeaky. My rival is just named Hugh.

I chose Tepig as my starter. I caught a bunch of Pokemon before the first Gym, but I did not train any of them because I only caught them for trade fodder. I only raised Tepig for the first Gym battle, and spent a lot of time grinding in the Floccessy Ranch. At the ranch, I was lucky and found a Riolu and caught it. Later on, I found 3 more Riolu...3 in a row!! O_O

Anyway, I leveled up Tepig until about level 16 before taking on Cheren. His Patrat and Lilipup weren't too bad, but his Pidove was annoying because of Quick Attack. After beating him, I got my C Gear and used it to trade over a Magikarp, Ponyta, Misdreavus, Deino, Ferroseed, and Solosis from my White 1.

In Virbank City, I defeated all the trainers in the complex and then went to the Gym. I beat Roxie easily and got my second badge. Then, I went to the Pokestar Studios and made a movie there. After that, I sailed to Castelia. I went on the Royal Unova, where I battled some trainers. My Magikarp evolved after one of the battles.

Now, I'm finishing exploring Castelia.

Status
Not open for further replies.