• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Alpha - Orre Shadow War

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Dark-lugia-dark-type-pokemon-9917718-500-375-1.jpg

Epic banner by the awesomely talented Maree. Go praise her, you!
Black Alpha - Orre Shadow War

Two years ago, a bizarre incident occurred at the Silph Co building, involving a rampant outbreak of zombies, mutants, and other abominations created on behalf of the organization known as Team Galactic Plasma. The mayhem spread throughout Saffron City, and many members of Team Galactic Plasma had used their mad science to become "Chimeras," humanoids with the features and powers of multiple Pokémon. The genetic manipulation madness was eventually put to an end by a Joint Operation force consisting of Kanto, Hoenn, and Orre's forces, who destroyed the enigmatic mastermind behind the organization, a hideously massive creature known as the Dark Dragon.

But for the last two years, it seemed like it all never happened, cleaned up and taken care of with almost uncanny speed and finesse. Things had returned to normal at an almost eerily fast pace, and the Joint Operation had then disbanded. Team Galactic Plasma had gone into the dark, the zombies they had unleashed were gone without a trace, the Chimera formula they had created was nowhere to be found, and all evidence of the Dark Dragon seemed to stop existing, causing some to believe many aspects of the event were just conspiracy theories. It had seemed that Team Galactic Plasma's research was gone now, and life went back to normal.

And then it seemed like things that were forgotten about lead to something even darker...

Only a month ago, all traces of the Orre president, Stan Fisher, and his cabinet had disappeared without a trace. Some rumor that they may be imprisoned, dead, or something else, but no one really knows for sure, and it's been under deep investigation. Regardless, without a leader, a military takeover was soon put into action, lead by General Victor Heights, one of the Orre Generals that oversaw the Joint Operation task force in Kanto. At the present moment, some people suspect General Heights of being responsible for the abduction of the President and his cabinet. Others believe he merely saw it as an opportunity to come into power. No one truly knows the answer...

And then, a dark discovery had been made on Orre soil. Several of General Height's associates and troopers had been using Chimera mutagens, along with other elements of Team Galactic Plasma's research and technology, innovations that were supposed to be destroyed post-operation, but instead were kept under lock and key for a new opportunity. This new Orre uprising called itself Black Alpha, what they called would be a new step for an "evolving mankind." As it was discovered, Black Alpha put Team Galactic Plasma's research into play, using Chimera mutagens, and even FEA syringes... injections that could allow Chimeras to evolve into giant, super-powered Pokémon. It gave them strength and leverage other militaries didn't have, making the situation complicated and dire.

Other regions knew an invasion on Orre would be costly, risky, and too dangerous to consider. Not to mention Black Alpha was taking on the tactic of using Chimera mutagens as a weapon, turning enemies and resistors into humiliating and cumbersome Chimera forms using a bad mix of Pokémon. Instead, smaller tactical squads and special forces strike teams are deployed to initiate surgical strikes to neutralize known Black Alpha assets, but so far, none of them have gone in deep enough yet to achieve any level of success. Meanwhile, other Pokémon trainers have elected to head into Orre and put an end to the anarchy, whether it be for fame, to fight the good fight, or simply the excitement.

But meanwhile, in the shadows, Team Galactic Plasma has begun to resurface, the remnants of its members coming back together. While much of their research was lost and stolen, they are drawing closer to recreating the Chimera formula. One thing is certain, however. They want revenge on Black Alpha, and they're even willing to help the other regions that were formally trying to destroy them to accomplish this goal. But rumor has it that they have even bigger plans, but what those plans are... only very few know.

In the shady sands of Orre, a shadow war begins, and you're in the center of it... whether you're a part of these tactical squads, a trainer looking for fame and fortune, a bounty hunter out to collect on Height's head, a thief out to steal Team Galactic Plasma technology from other thieves, or even a former Team Galactic Plasma member out for revenge. The choice is yours, but whatever way you walk, Orre is a dangerous place, now with many dark secrets not for the faint of heart to see...

TERMINOLOGY

Chimera - A Chimera is a nickname for a humanoid that has been injected with a Chimera mutagen, turning them into a humanoid compromising of elements of multiple Pokémon (up to three at max), such as a Zoroark, Houndoom, and Flygon Chimera having the dark black fur and white cuffs and horns of a Houndoom, the long bundled hair of a Zoroark, and the diamond-shaped wings of a Flygon. Chimeras can use any Pokémon attack these Pokémon can learn, but still can only be two types at a time.

Overrider Mutagen - A Chimera mutagen in the form of a syringe that has the power to change an already existing Chimera into a Chimera of different Pokémon. Still works against humans as a normal Chimera mutagen.

FEA (Forced Evolution Agent) - A syringe injection that has the potential to evolve any Pokémon to the next evolution stage with no need for experience, evolution items, and so on. However, it's power lies in the fact it can evolve Chimeras, turning them into new, giant Pokémon that don't even look like they were ever once human. While standard Chimeras stand as high as they did as humans, evolving them once allows them to grow to 12-15 feet high, while the second evolution allows them to go as high as 40-50 feet tall. While Chimera Mutagens are common in Orre now, FEAs are rare, as Black Alpha does whatever they can to ensure they don't fall into enemy hands easily. Meanwhile, only the most elite Black Alpha troopers get to use them. Using an FEA causes the Chimera to no longer look human at all, and bare no resemblance to the human they used to be.

Chimera Reversal Agent (CRA) - A syringe that turns a Chimera, evolved or unevolved, back into a human. While these did exist prior to the Black Alpha takeover, no one knows if they still exist, or if Heights ensured every last one of them was destroyed to ensure they could never be used against him and his new Chimera army. While Team Galactic Plasma may be able to reinvent Chimera mutagens, Overriders, and even FEAs, the formula for CRAs was difficult and complex, and may not be something they could easily recreate...

CURRENT STATUS ON ORRE
(Based on tactical satellite imagery)

Gateon Port - At the current moment, this location serves as a sentinel outpost and prevents anyone from using unauthorized ships to gain entry into Orre. It is also known that Black Alpha has procured several stolen Johto ships from the southeast. Needless to say, heading into Gateon Port without a stealth plan is suicide.

Agate Village - At the current moment, it is not entirely clear what has been going on in Agate. Citizens were force-evacuated, but it is supposed Black Alpha is using the town to stockpile crates and shipments of unknown contents. No one is entirely sure and no one has been able to get in close enough to investigate, but it's almost certain they're up to something.

Pyrite Town - Pyrite Town is now swarming with Black Alpha goons, as well as civilians that linger on behind, and enjoy the lawlessness that Heights has created. Arguably worse than even Gateon Port, Pyrite Town is not for the inexperienced or the meek. At the moment, it has become a hive of villainy, thievery, and plenty of other mankind's vices.

Realgam Tower - Has been fortified and used as a defense outpost for Black Alpha. Another good reason why invasion just isn't a option.

Phenac City - This is the place where civilians who have been resisting Black Alpha can mostly be found. The city itself is in shambles, and there is evidence to suggest the civilians are being abused and experimented on.

Outskirt Stand - Undiscovered by Black Alpha, this has become the primary insertion point for all operatives. An underground bunker has been improvised to provide a command post, but this serves as the only Headquarters the UN has, and it's not a very big one. Operatives have been made aware their missions may involve a lot of improvised tactics, as the amount of equipment supply is scarce.

Other Locations: Black Alpha has been known to be reactivating many of the hidden locations throughout Orre. The UN don't know what may be going on, but they know Black Alpha is preparing for something. They're just hoping they can shut it down before everyone finds out the hard way what exactly they have planned...

LINK

THE CAST

Corporal X - Played by Dark Pulse94
Zack Robertson - Played by Proby3
Alex Waters - Played by Neo Pikachu
Theresa Del Monico - Played by *Jean Grey*
Nyarlathotep "Ny" - Played by Niihyl
Calista ‘Callie’ Del Monico - Played by Maree
Tyler Mandival - Played by Tman109er
Toby Weaver - Played by capitalh
Juan Mendez - Played by strategiser24
Eric Starstorm - Played by Jonah the Great
Samuel Grayson - Played by razorrozar7
Pikababe - Played by Soaring Pikachu
Sophie Helena Ruby - Played by Victini01
Ian Blackwood - Played by SoulMuse
Kara Smith - Played by Aura of Twilight

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Corporal X
Hoenn special ops. Main office, Mossdeep City

"Corporal, I have news of a tyrant organisation over in the Orre region. Apparantly they are using chimera's to take over the entire region. The president of the region got kidnapped by this organisation and most rebel forces are holed up in a place known as "outpost stand." I want you and your squadron to get to this location and join forces with the rebels. This Tyrant group, "Black Alpha" will be your target. Stopping them will be your primary objective, while stealing any intelligence for use against them, as well as protecting innocents and assisting the rebels will be secondary. However, each member of the squadron can only take 1 Pokémon with them.
Here is a satellite image of the region, with the outpost stand marked. You will move out at sunset, land 1 kilometer East of the outpost, and travel the rest of the way on foot."

"Sir, don't you think bringing more Pokémon would be safer?"

"unfortunately, we cannot Authorise the use of any more Pokémon, this mission is about stealth, too many Pokémon could jeopardise this. Notify your squadron immediately, and prepare to note out."

OOC - This is more of a backstory thing, as I don't have the time or creativity to make a proper post. So this will do. Also, this can be used for anyone planning to have their character meet up. Now you know where my character will be before dawn

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
Er... let's say this is similar to Dark Pulse's post in time-y sorta... organizational... stuff? He said something about before dawn, and I'm not quite sure when everyone else is posting from. So uh... let's assume this was a couple of hours before main events, and I'll just warp to Outskirt Stand in my next post. 'K?

Fulfilling your crazy cultist quota since 1996, here's Niihyl.

Nyarlathotep ‘Ny’
Phenac City

Ny looked up at the ghostly figure. “Reaper… are… you sure?”

The Dusknoir nodded, and then disappeared. Ny sighed, and shook his head. He pulled a blank, white mask from his robes. The surface was completely smooth and rounded out, with no features to speak of. The Faceless Lord… He slipped the mask on, grimacing in discomfort. It was hard to breathe with the thing on. He saw his reflection in a puddle. Well, it made him look scary and faceless.

Ny drew his SIG, letting the small, compact weapon rest in his hand. He slipped forward, and grabbed his target by the throat, dragging him back into an alley. The man struggled, but couldn’t shout. Ny had clapped one hand over his mouth, to muffle the first shout. The cold barrel of the gun silenced the next.

“Alright, where is the UN headquarters?” Ny hissed. He removed his hand from the man’s mouth, cautiously letting the man speak.

“I… I dunno what yer talkin’ about,” he muttered. “I don’t know nothin’ about UN or whatever. I’m just trying to stay out of BA’s way, y’know? Lived here in Phenac for years, before they came, and I’ll live here when they leave.”

“Don’t lie to me, Officer James LeKlass. Aged 31. UN Soldier. Inside your wallet, is a photo of you and your family. The photo depicts you in front of Shopping Mall 9 in Unova. You also received a coded message earlier this week containing additional orders from a fellow agent. Your mission was to coordinate the civilians and listen for information.” Ny had gotten all this information from Reaper. The ghost wasn’t called ‘the Infiltrator’ for nothing. Every word he said, the man grew quieter and stiller.

“Who are you? Black Alpha?” He whispered.

“No. Someone who wants to help. Tell me where the UN Headquarters is.”

“No. You may be on our side, but you may not be. Even so, you’d be a security risk. We can’t let Black Alpha find out where we’re hiding. I’m sorry… but if you want to help, I can contact HQ, and relay a job for you to do.”

Ny sighed. “I’m sorry sir, but I’ll be needing to know where the HQ is. I’d like to personally meet some of the other agents, and perhaps join them. I need access to whatever information the UN has, or at least front-line action, to get the information for myself.”

“No one who just wants to help would need that,” he replied.

Ny pressed the gun harder into the man’s throat. “I’m not an enemy you want to make. Do you know who I am? I am the messiah of the Masked Children. I am the avatar of the Faceless Lord. I am the mortal consort of the Lady of a Thousand Faces. I’m sorry, but I will not hesitate to kill you if you don’t help me. I’ll find someone else. You know what I know about you. I can do things. Things no human can do. Now, tell me…” Ny paused… and spoke, “or it’s your family that finds out what I can truly do.”

“Why you… you monster… dragging innocents into this?” He hurled his elbow back into Ny’s face. He shouted, and ran down the alleyway. As he ran, he heard a voice.

“Daddy?”

The man turned. His six-year old daughter was standing at the other end of the alley. “A-a-Allie? What… no, it’s a trick…”

Ny pointed his gun at Aphrodite. “Tell me, or the girl dies.” The Gardevoir was projecting the illusion of the girl from the photo. Under the illusion, she smirked, and projected the voice. It probably wasn’t the same as the girl’s… but the voice was layered with psychic illusions, and he would believe it. “Daddy! It’s me… please… the scary man…”

The man was mesmerized. “I’ll tell you… please… Outskirt Stand… just… my little girl…”

Ny stood. Outskirt Stand? That was surprisingly obvious in hindsight. He felt bad about doing that to the man, and said; “Go… your daughter’s safe.”

Ny walked away, gesturing for his Pokémon to come with him. They followed… except for Reaper. The Dusknoir placed a heavy hand on the soldier’s shoulder… and the mouth on its stomach opened, tearing into his spirit. A comatose body fell to the ground, and a ghost floated away. Ny was too merciful. It fell to Reaper to make the efficient decisions. The man may tell HQ about a dangerous masked man, removing any chance of cooperation. This was the only way. The soldier was dangerous… he was a threat to their divine scheme. The divine scheme of the Faceless Lord!

Reaper sadly mourned the Nyarlathotep that came before the Kyson boy. Before, he had been much crueler. Much more vicious. He had too much heart now…

Not knowing about these events, Ny looked out, Eastward. The Outskirt Stand wasn’t far. Since it was nighttime, travel wouldn’t be too difficult. He’d arrive at the Outskirt Stand before dawn.

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Alex Waters
Outskirt Stand, Orre

The secret UN HQ was under a quaint, little restaurant made from a train car in the middle of the desert. I was supposedly a valuable informant to the UN, although I really didn't know all that much on the scenario, and every minute I wasted sitting here just made it worse. I figured Theresa wasn't all that excited about staying here either, and all I needed was a good excuse to get out of here. The whole "I need to get out and perform some more recon" excuse was getting a bit overused and expected, but I didn't have much else. Besides, that was the truth time and time again.

I told the UN I had six more hours before I needed to bail. Obviously they hadn't taken me very seriously, and wasted the first five hours simply chewing the fat. It wasn't until later that I had been approached by a disguised UN soldier, pretending to look like a Pokémon breeder. His costume was overdone and really looked like overkill.

"The name's Brett," He whispered to me. "I had a moment to check out a few of the documents, and the reports and surveillance say movements in Pyrite Town have intensified, and there seem to be more Chimeras," He whispered to me. "What have you been able to confirm on the ground?"

"Nothing from all the way over here," I replied, really figuring this was a waste of my time. "I've been waiting here for the last two days, I don't have any report besides what I gave you last. You know, this job is pretty easy if waiting here is all you're expecting me to do, but if you really want me to get out there and perform some recon and get intel, I'd love to get some time out of here."

"Right," Brett nodded. "In an hour. Things have become pretty dicey, but what we'd like for you to do is for you and your partner to disguise yourselves as Alpha Black soldiers. You know your way around Orre, so it shouldn't appear like you're lost, unlike some of our other operatives."

I could do that, but there was a major drawback. It was a serious flaw in his plan, and I could tell he and his UN friends hadn't thought this one over very well.

"That's great, but Heights knows our faces," I told him, keeping it quiet. "He has us being flagged as fugitives, because we know too much, and because we've both been talking. If they can see our faces, the disguise is worthless."

"We're working on that," Brett assured me, reaching into his bag. "I believe we have the solution for one of you, but we still need one more."

He put a syringe on the table, and I recognized it as a Chimera mutagen. It had been two years since I last saw one of those, and I knew how much trouble they could cause. I picked it up and examined the label. I really could have laughed, but then again, I knew Brett wasn't trying to be funny here.

"Lickilicky, Snorlax, and Wailord" I muttered unenthusiastically, reading the label. "Brett, I wouldn't even feel right pricking Satan with this kind of thing, never mind using it myself or god forbid, ask Theresa to use it. Let me guess, you found this in Phenac City? I thought I told you that's where Black Alpha uses some of the worst Chimera combinations on innocent people there."

"You did, but I figured it would at least somewhat hide your identity," Brett concluded. "I can try again, but it's hard to get these syringes in unused form. You and Theresa will have to settle on at least something."

"Truthfully Brett, I think we'll be fine without these things," I told him, really thinking he should try being an overly obese Lickilicky, Snorlax, and Wailord Chimera just to see how awful it really was. We don't need a disguise either, we just make sure we don't get seen. Just tell me what the target is, and we'll handle everything else."

I figured if Brett and his friends tried to get more Chimera syringes back in Phenac City, they were going to get nothing but pure garbage for syringes when it came to trying to get half-decent Chimera forms.

"Okay..." Brett muttered, thinking this was going to be impossible for me. "Satellite imagery seems to imply they may have established a Chimera syringe black market trading in there. We can't provide any proof, but the activity level of people at certain times may imply it."

"Fair enough, we'll see what's going on," I told him, shrugging, wondering why this was complicated for these people. "I'll get the recon and send it to you, but after that, the contract's done. I have my own ideas for handling what comes next, but I don't want you pen-pushers to know."

I was pretty sure Theresa would have the same take on this. It was easy to agree with her almost all the time. But in terms of becoming a Chimera again, I wasn't so sure. I remembered I hated it at first, got used to it and missed it when it was gone, and now I find myself not really sure if I really wanted this whole thing to happen again. Not to mention CRAs were gone, and I was pretty sure Heights destroyed every last one of them, so there was no using a CRA to become human again. Chimera forms... they seemed to be a life-long commitment now. I felt I could get used to it again, but definitely not with something stupid.

"Let us handle this our way," I told Brett, just before he walked away. "Tell us the what and the who, but not the how. We'll take care of that."

I didn't exactly want to get too tied up with the UN either. Theresa and I were mercenaries, and while I didn't mind helping the UN to earn a few bucks, I wasn't going to become their tool.

The next chance we had, we were getting out of here. I knew for a fact Pyrite Town was a hell of a lot more interesting than what went on around here...

5:30 AM
KA Building, Somewhere in Pyrite

Zack woke up feeling odd. He just didn't feel right. There was something... wrong about the way he's been sleeping when he woke up. Zack always slept on his left side, his face looking straight at the poster-sized picture on his wall of him, his dad, and his twin brothers, from back when Zack was fifteen. It was a lovely picture. It was taken the day the boys returned form that camp and found James Robertson fully healthy again and exercising enthusiastically. There were huge grins on all four faces, as well as a huge look of relief. Their ordeal over that last years was over. Zack always woke up with a slightly numb left arm from where he'd been sleeping on it during the night.

But instead, he's woken up facing the wall, on his right side, and it was his right arm that was numb. There was something wrong. Someone had moved him in his sleep. Suddenly realizing, still facing the wall, that somebody might be in his his room, he reached underneath his pillows, with his right arm, and slowly, inch by inch, dragged his pistol in his hand. he always kept it there in case of a night attack.

Then, in one motion, he moved round and straight towards the person in his room. He jumped out of bed, his gun pointing at the figure. It was bright in the room and Zack couldn't see straight yet due to having just opened his eyes, but his instincts told him someone was there. Quickly, the light faded and his vision returned to him. What Zack saw made him drop the gun. There was not just one person. There were FOUR.

The first was his Orre best bud and co-founder of the KA, Toby. "Glasses" as the other KA fighters sometimes called him, was looking a little nervous to see Zack's gun, and even more surprised to see him in his boxers, socks and a plain white t-shirt. Zack rarely wore anything but Camos or practical trousers/shorts. Seeing him like this was disconcerting.

But the other three figures had seen him like this before, just without the gun. They were what made Zack shocked, and what made him drop his gun, which, rather unsurprisingly, landed on his foot.
"Zack! Hey, that gun too slippy for ya?" teased the smallest of the three
"Yeah! Zack, don't drop your gun, you'll hurt yourself!" said the slightly taller of the smaller two.
"Come on Alex, Thomas, behave..." said the third figure in a gruff voice.

Zack looked at the Toby, and sighed.
"Really?" he asked. "You let them sign up?"
"Well, they kind of emailed me and demanded it. I HAD to say yes."

Zack looked at his two brothers. Oh god, he thought, this is going to be... interesting.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
OOC: I'm not sure what color Alex's C-Gear is, but I'll assume it's black. That makes Theresa's crimson. XD

Theresa Del Monico
Outskirt Stand

"What Lickilicky, Snorlax, and Wailord mutagen do you speak of? That sounds pretty disgusting." I said as I entered the room where Alex and another man were talking, the syringe between them almost made me want to gag. Chimeras were one thing I could handle if done right, but awful ones were another story.

The two of them started discussing some plans. The guy, apparently named Brett, was suggesting that we dress up as Black Alpha members, while Alex disagreed, saying that we were better off doing things ourselves and our way.

"Let us handle this our way. Tell us the what and the who, but not the how. We'll take care of that." Alex said before Brett walked away. I then strode towards Alex, handing him his G36.

"Here, I poisoned the magazines before I stuck them in. Arceus knows what we could expect. It's best we be prepared." I said, placing the rifle in his hands. Over the past two years, I guess I kinda found my niche in this kind of dirty business...plus shooting of course, though by no means with a rifle.

"I'll go up first and start up the truck, plus make sure the coast is clear. Keep your C-Gear on, I'll contact you on whether the coast is clear or not. The last thing we would want is to get chased...trailed...or both." I told him, tapping his C-Gear, which was black in contrast to my own crimson one, before heading for the ladder leading to the restaurant.

Outside Outskirt Stand

A dry wind blew past me as I walked out, making my vest billow behind me. December in Orre was warm, unlike in Unova. Guess that was one thing I should be thankful for, it gave me a perfect excuse to dress the way I did. Back in Lacunosa, people stared and shook their heads, claiming that I was going to get sick...not that I did anyway. I swear, the two years I lived in Orre was much better than all the years I lived in Unova. Going back would probably be the death of me. What was there for me anyway? The authorities, my alcoholic of a father, prison time...I definitely would not want to step in there again.

I looked around before opening the door to the truck and climbing into the driver's seat. I then leaned back for a while before activating my C-Gear, getting ready to contact Alex.

"Hey, Shogun. Coast is clear...so far. Come up here quickly, it's getting brighter." I said, using his codename, should anyone steal either of our C-Gears. I then started up the engine, slipped on my sunglasses and waited.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Corporal X
Orre desert, near Outpost Stand

The Skarmory para-drop was never one of X's favourite activities, it was something about jumping out of a plane with nothing but a Pokéball containing a rock-solid Skarmory to support you got to him. Regardless, protocol is protocol, and as he watched the five Skarmory fly off with Pokéballs in mouths, Squadron X headed West, towards the place known as Outpost Stand...

X thought that with
the cover of darkness, and the desert camo, they wouldn't be spotted by anyone until they got close enough to be identified, but as the sky brightened, X knew this was no longer an option. This was confirmed when he saw a figure sitting in a truck notice the squadron. X knew this could be disastorous, but there was no point in trying any trickery. In one wide line, the squadron moved towards the truck.

Why did we have to land so late?

Niihyl

Posthuman
Nyarlathotep ‘Ny’
Near Outskirt Stand

The sky was brightening now. It was early morning, when Ny was arriving. He saw the little train car, sitting in the middle of nowhere. Who knew how it had gotten there.

“Valkyrie, stand by here. Reaper, go invisible and cover my back. Aphrodite, you come with me. Alright everyone? Let’s go… and get ready to put up a Protect shield. Wouldn’t want to get shot…”

Ny walked into the quaint little restaurant. It was a little place, but cozy, and protected from both harsh sandy winds and the fiery sun. There were few patrons as of yet, only one or two, along with a pair of men sitting at a nearby table. The waiter, a young man in his twenties, walked up and glanced at his gun.

“Sir, your ah… weapon…”

“The desert is a dangerous place. Even civilians have to keep armed nowadays… I’ll leave this here, if it troubles you,” Ny said, placing his Kalashnikov rifle on the counter. He kept his handgun though, hidden in his clothing. “Menu, please?”

The waiter still looked suspicious, but he nodded, and brought back a pair of menus, placing them at a table for two. Ny thanked the man, and sat down, looking idly through the menu. He placed an order for some pancakes, with bacon and potatoes. As he waited for his food, he examined the other patrons. Most didn’t catch his eye, but the very tall man, along with his Pokémon Breeder friend, seemed oddly… nervous? Out of place? Watchful?

“Reaper… listen in on them,” Ny whispered under his breath. There was only the slightest waver of air as the invisible ghost moved in that direction. A few minutes later, the waiter returned with the food.

“Here you go sir… and would your… companion like anything?” He asked.

Aphrodite glanced at Ny. He rolled his eyes, but nodded slightly. She touched the waiter’s shoulder, and whispered quietly to him. His eyes glazed over, and with a rather stupid grin on his face, wandered off, nearly tripping over a table as he did so. He rushed back so quickly, he nearly tripped again, before pouring Aphrodite a glass of white wine. She smiled at him, and he beamed, before leaving. As he did, he rubbed his head, and glanced around in confusion before returning to his duties.

“Men,” Ny scoffed quietly. “Must you? Flaunting the fact that you can twist anyone around your little finger is getting old.”

A chill touch on his shoulder showed that Reaper was back. He relayed the information to Aphrodite, who sent it to him via telepathy.

“They’re UN… or at least something like it. Pretending to be Black Alpha soldiers, no regular people do that. Going to go to Pyrite to deal with some sort of Chimera syringe black market.”

Excellent… Ny couldn’t have dealt with the gangsters and criminals that dealt in Chimera mutagen himself… but this man would be very useful… if he was competent. The serious expression in those odd reddish-purple eyes implied that he was, very much so.

Ny looked over again, and realized there was a girl there. A woman, more like. She was rather obvious, how had he not noticed her before? Probably too tired, and focused on not looking suspicious. She was rather attractive. And dressed… provocatively. She passed the man an assault rifle… well, that was remarkably non-stealthy and obvious. Apparently she didn’t do cloak and dagger. Maybe just dagger.

The girl left before the man did. She stepped outside, and through the windows, Ny could see her getting into a truck. So now, a few possible plans; to follow them stealthily, letting them wreak some havoc on the poor criminals in Pyrite, before coming in to take some mutagen; to openly ally with them; or to ignore them entirely and try and meet up with the main UN.

The first plan seemed difficult, as they had a vehicle. Plus, they may not like a mysterious fellow stalking them. The second plan was risky, as he would be on the front lines himself, and they may not accept. The final plan was unlikely as well; the UN weren’t the most effective force, almost certain to lose against Heights and his large power base.

So… what to do? The plans weren’t mutually exclusive. Plan two first, then. If they refused… he could always follow them anyway. And if that didn’t work, he knew where the UN was. He had all the time in the world. He didn’t care who won, UN or Heights. All he needed was mutagen, very very good ones. He could find those with time.

Ny stood, dropping some money on the table. It was more than the food cost, but that didn’t really matter. He left the half-eaten meal on the table, grabbed his gun off the counter, and stepped outside.

The girl was sitting in the truck, which was idling in front of the Outskirt Stand. He began walking closer, and leaned against the side of the truck. “Hey. Are you and your friend in there headed to Pyrite? Mind if I hitch a ride? I hear they’re dealing in Chimera down there. I thought I should pay them a visit… go back home, so to speak… hm?”

Ny glanced over, noticing the soldiers closing in. They were spread in a wide line, and there were five of them. “Oh? More friends of yours? I’ve never really liked soldiers. All rules, regulations, and paperwork.”

Ny stepped forward. He snapped his fingers, and the shiny, red form of Valkyrie the Scizor stepped into place beside him, almost as if appearing from nowhere. “HEY!” He shouted. “Don’t shoot please. We can talk this out. Identify your organization! Kanto Armed Forces? Johto? Hoenn? Black Alpha?” Ny ran a hand down his rifle. Hopefully, this wouldn’t have to get ugly. If it did… it would be bad. For both sides.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Alex Waters
Outskirt Stand, Orre

Brett really proved to be... not so worth my time. I didn't like his plan to dress up like Alpha Black soldiers anyway. They were smarter than that, and they wouldn't fall for a trick like that. Being stuck with a crappy Chimera form would raise some suspicion. No one in their right mind would ever want to become a Chimera of a Lickilicky, a Snorlax, and a Wailord. Not unless they were seriously deranged and actually wanted to be fat[/i[ for whatever inane reason.

"Here, I poisoned the magazines before I stuck them in," Theresa told me, handing me my G36 assault rifle. "Arceus knows what we could expected. It's best we be prepared."

"See, this is how a real soldier operates," I told Brett, getting up out of my seat. "Just leave it to us, we'll take care of this ourselves. I can assure you of that."

I then screwed on a silencer for the G36. I was willing to tolerate a lot of crappy nonsense, but this just wasn't it. Bad Chimera forms were quite plentiful, but what he had was probably some of the worst I've ever seen, combining arguably three of the fattest, most obese Pokémon in existence.

"I'll go up first and start up the truck, plus make sure the coast is clear," Theresa told me as she headed out. "Keep your C-Gear on, I'll contact you on whether the coast is clear or not. The last thing we would want is to get chased...trailed...or both."

I figured that was a pretty decent plan, although I didn't really see all too much of anything that seemed suspicious. Still, one could never be so sure. It was possible. Meanwhile, I was still in debate whether using Chimera mutagens was a good idea. With no CRAs still around, becoming a Chimera was like getting a tattoo on the face. One needed to be pretty committed to decide to do it.

"Hey, Shogun," Theresa told me on the C-Gear Xtransciever. "Coast is clear...so far. Come up here quickly, it's getting brighter."

"I hear ya," I told her, nodding as I responded into the communicator. "Although I probably should kill that old codename and swap it for something else. Reminds me too much of the douchebags I worked with that are now in Black Alpha."

In truth, Heights's goons were originally the ones that came up with that codename in the first place. I needed something different... for multiple reasons. I was drawing a blank for the moment, but for now, I needed to focus on what we were aiming to do in the first place.

Outside Outskirt Stand

After heading outside, I caught side of big rig truck that Theresa was driving. She was waiting for me, and I knew she and I had been wanting to get out of here ages ago. There was nothing exciting about a diner in the middle of nowhere.

There seemed to be a bit of commotion, however. Some weird guy had approached Theresa, but I didn't catch the conversation in time. Instead, he approached a wide line of soldiers who had been approaching the diner. It seemed they didn't really notice the guy until he stepped out and started shouting at them.

"HEY!" He shouted. "Don’t shoot please. We can talk this out. Identify your organization! Kanto Armed Forces? Johto? Hoenn? Black Alpha?"

I figured it was probably just some nutcase. I highly doubted he could take on the UN forces all by himself, but whatever, he wasn't my issue. We had our mission, our contract, and that was it. Besides, I was sure they had this handled. Instead, I stepped into the truck and just urged Theresa to drive out of here.

"Let's go, I don't feel like sitting around here for this," I told her, knowing Pyrite Town was where we needed to be. "Let the UN deal with him. Pyrite Town is still a drive away and this place wore out its welcome a long while ago."

With that, I buckled in, and prepared for a ride. Truthfully, I would have been lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to this mission, and getting payback against Heights. I still hadn't forgotten about him using me to get Team Galactic Plasma's research all for his stupid games and his moronic pyramid scheme.

I was way more interested in wrecking his entire campaign from the bottom up.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Theresa Del Monico
Outside Outskirt Stand

Alex arrived after a short while, but not before I witnessed a guy approach the truck. So much for the coast being all clear.

“Hey. Are you and your friend in there headed to Pyrite? Mind if I hitch a ride? I hear they’re dealing in Chimera down there. I thought I should pay them a visit… go back home, so to speak… hm?” He asked me, before turning away to face a group of approaching soldiers. I could have sworn some of their faces were familiar.

"HEY!" He shouted. "Don’t shoot please. We can talk this out. Identify your organization! Kanto Armed Forces? Johto? Hoenn? Black Alpha?" The guy shouted out at them, just as Alex reached the truck and hopped inside beside me.

"Let's go, I don't feel like sitting around here for this. Let the UN deal with him. Pyrite Town is still a drive away and this place wore out its welcome a long while ago." Alex told me, before I shook my head.

"Wait a minute. Those guys he's confronting look familiar. Let me take a look." I told him, before taking out a pair of binoculars from Alex's glove compartment. I looked through them, trying to see who the group as up close.

"Arceus, Alex. It's Corporal X and his gang...except with a couple of new members it seems. They could help us, I know they could." I told him, pointing at them. I motioned to them, telling them to come to the truck quickly as I pointed towards the back, before I thought for a while and looked at Alex.

"Alex...do you think...they should drive instead? Presumably no-one in Orre knows their faces, and we're kinda...yeah... Is it better we hide at the back among the supplies and have them take us to Pyrite, or do we hide them? I wouldn't want us to get caught...what do you think?" I whispered, turning away from the window. I thought it was workable for something planned on the spot, but then again, Alex knew better, being my mentor and all.

"By the way...I do think you're due for a new codename...Firelily's weird, but Deathydra sounded good, how about you use Deathydra?" I suggested.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
Corporal X
Outskirt stand
(OOC - sorry for saying Outpost stand! I'd really been half-asleep when I wrote about it!)

Just as X got close enough to the truck, a Scizor jumped out in front of us.
My instant reaction was to send Mortar out in case of an incoming attack, but KaS was faster.
"Steamroller, Erupti-"
"HEY!" Someone shouted. "Don’t shoot please. We can talk this out. Identify your organization! Kanto Armed Forces? Johto? Hoenn? Black Alpha?"

"Why should we be notifying you who we are, How about you Identify yourself first! I'll tell you however that there is a likelihood we are not enemies. Now call off your Pokemon, or He'll have a nice date with a Volcano!" KaS called out to the Adolescent. There was no time for interjections, but still, KaS usually spoke too harshly to civillians...

"We are the Hoenn International affairs Special Forces. I am Corporal X, and that is all you need to know. Unfortunately we don't have time for pleasentries, we need to get through to the UN. I'd like you to kindly step aside, we don't want any trouble as my good friend here suggested..."

With That, X headed towards the truck...

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Alex Waters
Outside Outskirt Stand, Orre

Among the commotion, I hadn't really been looking too well at the guys that had been coming in. Truthfully, I did think they were just a bunch of UN soldiers, but then Theresa pushed me to take another look.

"Wait a minute," Theresa told me, pointing toward the incoming soldiers before using a pair of binoculars from the glove compartment. "Those guys he's confronting look familiar. Let me take a look."

I turned around and really got a look at the soldiers. She was right, a couple of them I was able to recognize. It had been two years ago, but there he was in the flesh, Corporal X, along with SLAG, KaS, and two other new faces.

"Arceus, Alex," Theresa remarked, suddenly realizing who it was. "It's Corporal X and his gang...except with a couple of new members it seems. They could help us, I know they could."

"Damn, never thought I'd see them around here," I replied, almost laughing at the insanity of it. "Things have gotten that bad, haven't they? Yeah, let's bring them along, though five extra people means we'll probably be less stealthy in our approach."

Not a big deal. It meant more bang and boom and less cloak and dagger, but I could live with that. Switching gears from slitting necks to shooting in the back of the head was something I could do.

"Alex...do you think...they should drive instead?" Theresa suggested. "Presumably no-one in Orre knows their faces, and we're kinda...yeah... Is it better we hide at the back among the supplies and have them take us to Pyrite, or do we hide them? I wouldn't want us to get caught...what do you think?"

"Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to make too much of a difference," I told her, seeing they were easily recognized as being outsider soldiers by even a civilian. "We're fugitives and they're dressed as soldiers from an outside country, Hoenn Special Forces no less. Truthfully, we're in the same boat when it comes to Black Alpha catching sight of us. Unless we get them a change of clothes, it's a tricky situation. And there's no clothing stores for many miles out here. Pyrite Town might have a few, but all of that will be after the fact."

Truthfully, I was hoping X and his buddies would just jump in and we'd get the hell out of here, leaving those kinds of things to be figured out later. However, the civilian's presence was complicating things. From the way it sounded, he was getting suspicious about military presence here, and that was not a good thing. If we left him alone and he was approached by Black Alpha and was either forced or paid to talk about it, the UN would lose their only insertion point and their only HQ in Orre. We'd have to make our own evac point if that happened. Not a good idea to leave bridges burning behind us.

"By the way... I do think you're due for a new codename," Theresa replied. "Firelily's weird, but Deathydra sounded good, how about you use Deathydra?"

The wave of awkward and almost embarrassing memories suddenly flooded back at me. While the Deathydra experience was arguably intense, it was still... strange, and almost hard to believe it actually happened. Although Theresa probably found the thirteen-headed hydra form to be pretty cool, it was definitely something I wouldn't be too crazy to do all over again. But it was definitely way better than "Firelily," an even worse experience I wanted to forget about. But without a doubt, I definitely needed to lose the Shogun codename. Heights would probably even be laughing if he knew I was still using it.

"I'd rather go with Nemesis," I told her, knowing it wouldn't take a heartbeat for Heights to pick up on the whole Deathydra episode and figure out it's me. "It's vague, but threatening. If Heights hears from his buddies that some guy who's codename was Nemesis happened to blow up half his assets, he's not going to have a clue who did it. But Deathyrda... almost defeats the purpose of a codename, really. He and his buddies know that was me and probably haven't forgotten about that."

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if those massive, mutated forms we used inspired Heights to go nuts and try doing it to himself...

He wouldn't know about Roguewolf, however. Theresa was still a completely enigmatic entity in all this, something that gave her quite the advantage. Given the chance, I was sure she'd enjoy that enormous wolf form she used before, but to me, Deathydra was a one-time deal. Frankly, I was hoping things wouldn't get to that point, but if they did... yeah, I'd consider other options than to have multiple heads like that.

"Why should we be notifying you who we are?" KaS shouted at the kid. "How about you identify yourself first! I'll tell you however that there is a likelihood we are not enemies. Now call off your Pokémon, or he'll have a nice date with a Volcano!"

"We are the Hoenn International affairs Special Forces," Corporal X told the kid. "I am Corporal X, and that is all you need to know. Unfortunately we don't have time for pleasantries, we need to get through to the UN. I'd like you to kindly step aside, we don't want any trouble as my good friend here suggested..."

The kid presented a problem though. He had probably seen too much around here, and letting him out of sight wasn't a good idea. Besides, if things got really bad... well, we had options.

"Hey guys," I shouted to the group, trying to break up this confrontation. "Geez, X, long time no see. And SLAG, KaS, you guys look pretty well, how's it been going? We were planning on going to Pyrite, and you guys look like you need a ride, so jump in. You guys might need to ride in the trailer and it can get pretty hot in there."

I then turned to the kid. I didn't know his name, and he seemed like a weird, obscure guy, but whatever. Letting him run around and possibly into Black Alpha's hands was a bad idea. He looked old enough to be a soldier, but still, he looked like a tourist around here with an AK-47 that probably compensated for his missing physical brawn. If push came to shove and we were attacked, having him as another gun laying down suppressing fire was fine and dandy with me.

"Kid, I don't know who you are, but if you need a transport to Pyrite Town, you can ride with us," I told him, knowing he'd highly likely take the offer. "Pyrite Town's a dangerous place, and it's not a place you want to be walking to from here."

I got out and opened the back of the truck for them. The truck was made to look like a trailer truck carrying food and provisions on the outside, but was actually used to transport operatives to and from locations in Orre. Sure, it wasn't a comfortable ride and there was no circulation in the back, but it was the best we could do. We had snack food and water back there, although there was still a lot of trash laying around back there from previous soldiers.

As I invited them to climb in, I caught sight of Brett, coming out of the Outskirt Stand restaurant. Joining him was Private Jonathan Green, another rookie soldier. Brett was still in his Pokémon breeder disguise, but Jonathan... the idiot was still dressed as a UN soldier. I swore, this place wouldn't last for an hour at this rate.

"Hey, uh... what's your name again?" Jonathan asked me. "We found a few more Chimera mutagens. I think these are better than the ones Brett found."

"Call me 'Nemesis,'" I told him, knowing he'd do well not to forget about that. "And Green, you're an idiot for being in uniform out here."

"Oh shoot, I forgot," He replied, being casually bashful about it. "Anyway, what do you think of these?"

"Get in the back of the truck and we'll talk about this later," I told them both, knowing we needed to get the hell out of here. "You guys are a train wreck, and I swear, this whole operation is going to be compromised in no time."

I just took the syringes from Jonathan, and forced the both of these jokers in the back of the truck. Once everyone was in the truck, I headed back to the driver's seat, and shut the door behind me. Turning the key in the ignition, the truck's engine roared to life, and soon we were off.

"Long story, but we're taking the kid with us," I told Theresa as I started driving toward Pyrite. "The UN's being a bunch of idiots and hiring recruits that couldn't even get a Halloween costume right. Case in point, the kid knows too much. He falls into Black Alpha's hands and it's over. They'll know some kind of military operation will be going on there."

I wasn't too crazy about taking Brett and Jonathan along for the ride either, but the UN HQ was better off without them making stupid mistakes. Jonathan would absolutely need a change of clothes, to the point where he'd be better off running around naked than with a UN soldier uniform. Heck, in Pyrite Town, running around naked wouldn't really be that surprising of a sight.

Driving through Orre deserts was easy. The highway was practically devoid of any signs of life for miles, so in the meantime, I looked at the Chimera mutagens Jonathan had picked up. They were really no better than the one Brett found. One of them was for a Dragonite, Clefairy, and a Beautifly, and I knew becoming a pink dragon with butterfly wings was definitely an insanely stupid idea, although better than the pink, obese blob that would have resulted from the Lickilicky, Snorlax, and Wailord one. Next in the little pile of horrors was one for Delcatty, Roselia, and Azumarill, another mess of nonsense that made me feel nervous even just holding these. Couldn't say the Raichu, Wigglytuff, and Whimsicott one was much better. But the one that really took a crap in the fan was the Muk, Probopass, and Garbodor one. Sweet mother of mercy, whoever created that one really had to be a deranged, sadistic psychopath. Worst part was these weren't even Overriders, so using them on an already existing Chimera would do nothing. Against human Black Alpha soldiers, however... it was definitely means for a pretty nasty and savage payback for what they were doing in Phenac.

Pyrite Town

After a long and tiring drive, we eventually came to Pyrite Town. Somehow, I got the feeling things weren't going to be smooth sailing here, but I figured being ready for anything was a good idea. The town still looked like a junkyard slum, and there definitely were a few Chimeras around. Still, the familiar sounds of loud music, drunks laughing, and the occasional gunshot here and there hadn't changed one bit. The streets and buildings were filthy, the people were like restless pirates and thugs having a new year's party, and the Pokémon were so badly raised it was almost appalling to see them lazily loaf there among the trash and filth of the town. And saving the best for last, it smelled like Satan's anus.

I figured it was best to keep our wits about us...

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
Nyarlathotep ‘Ny’
Outskirt Stand

Apparently Valkyrie’s appearance spooked the soldiers. One of them released a Camerupt, and almost immediately declared an attack.

"Why should we be notifying to you who we are, how about you identify yourself first! I'll tell you however that there is a likelihood we are not enemies. Now call off your Pokemon, or he'll have a nice date with a Volcano!" what looked like the oldest of the group shouted. Well, someone was hot-tempered.

"We are the Hoenn International Affairs Special Forces. I am Corporal X, and that is all you need to know. Unfortunately we don't have time for pleasantries; we need to get through to the UN. I'd like you to kindly step aside, we don't want any trouble as my good friend here suggested..."

This one was their leader. Almost certainly, the way he acted, held himself. Well, if he ever needed to cripple the group, he had a target. Cut the head off a snake and all that. Hoenn Special Forces? Well, they weren’t obviously hiding it. “Well then, I suppose we aren’t enemies,” Ny said, relaxing his hold on his weapon. Valkyrie relaxed as well, bringing her claws down.

The – very – tall man looked over at Ny. "Kid, I don't know who you are, but if you need a transport to Pyrite Town, you can ride with us. Pyrite Town's a dangerous place, and it's not a place you want to be walking to from here."

“Ha! Thank you. But there’s really no need to worry about me. I was born and raised in Pyrite Town,” well, under it; in a cave full of cultists, but hey, they didn’t need to know that, “and I can handle myself in that hellhole.”

Then a UN soldier walked up. Ny resisted the urge to facepalm. How had these morons survived so far? The dullest civilian could tell that something was up around here.

The tall man – Nemesis, his code name was – opened the back of the truck to let them in. Ny tapped his Poke Balls, calling back all of his Pokémon, except for Reaper. “Stay up front, and listen to the conversations,” Ny whispered, barely moving his lips. He got on the truck, sat down against the side, and relaxed. The soldiers probably wouldn’t shoot him.

Pyrite Town

Well, he hadn’t been shot. But the drive had been long, and rather dull. But the sound of loud, raucous music, drunken laughter, and gunfire proved that they had arrived in Pyrite Town. Ny decided to stay in the truck a bit longer. He might get recognized. He and Ky had annoyed some people around Pyrite Town. Then again, the place was swarming with Black Alpha goons. Hopefully, they wouldn’t take notice of the truck…

A knock on the side of the truck confirmed his fears. “Hey, you! This is Black Alpha! Open up the back of the truck. We’re searching it for contraband and fugitives.”

Really? The whole city was a hive of contraband. They were probably just some criminals pretending to be Black Alpha so they could steal whatever the truck was carrying. Or they actually were Black Alpha, and they had been recognized. Either way… this could be messy. Ny drew his rifle and laid it on his lap. No one would notice an extra gunshot or twenty around Pyrite. Nor some extra corpses.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Alex Waters
Pyrite Town, Orre

After putting the truck in park and shutting off the engine, I figured now would probably be a good time to figure out ways to avoid being seen. Truthfully, trying to handle this many people wasn't going to be easy in terms of keeping everyone hidden, especially Jonathan and Brett, both of who were serious rookies at pretty much everything. I needed clothes for Jonathan, but needed to find a way to do that without being seen. That, and figure out what to do with Corporal X and the rest of his crew. It was probably better they either find someplace to hide, or just stay in the truck until we figured something out.

And then, the crap really hit the fan when I heard a sudden knocking on the side of the truck.

"Hey you!" The voice shouted. "This is Black Alpha! Open up the back of the truck. We’re searching it for contraband and fugitives."

Already!? I checked my mirrors and saw there were at least six of them, including two Chimeras, a Mightyena, Absol, and Salamence Chimera and an Arcanine, Staraptor, and Weavile Chimera, and those were just the ones I could see. I facepalmed and gritted my teeth, knowing we were seriously screwed. They'd bag both Theresa and I, find out the UN was involved, find out Hoenn was involved, and essentially decapitate the entire operation before we even got started. Heights would immediately know I was working with the UN, and would probably have a field day with it, along with jacking up the defenses. Meanwhile, trying to drive away with the truck was impossible. I'd have to restart the engine, hope for a miracle I'd be able to turn it around in time, and speed out of here, something that was impossible to do with all of these Black Alpha goons standing around.

I really only had two options. Start a fight that I really wasn't sure I could win against six heavily-armed Black Alpha goons, or regrettably... use one of the crappy Chimera syringes, turn myself into a Chimera to hide my face, and try to talk my way out of this crap. And if that failed, I would have turned myself into a freak for nothing. I could maybe take out two or three of them by surprise, but the others would be all over me in a heartbeat after that. I smashed my fist against the dashboard in frustration, knowing the options were extremely limited.

Swearing under my breath, I grabbed one of the Chimera mutagen syringes at random, not even having the time to look at which one of these miserable pieces of crap I was taking. I'd never forgive myself if Theresa, Corporal X, his buddies, and everyone else got killed because I couldn't put up with a crappy Chimera form at least until I got an Overrider, and thought pride was more important than the lives of my friends. Yeah, hell no to that.

"Can't risk it..." I whispered to Theresa. "There's too many of them and we can't get close enough to attack. Everyone's stuck in the trailer and the two of us can be seen by everyone the moment we step out. They figure out what we're doing and who's involved and the whole operation is screwed."

"Hey, anyone home?" One of the human Black Alpha guards shouted, banging on the side of the truck again. "We're not getting any younger here!"

I took off the plastic safety cover and jabbed myself with the needle, really expecting all hell and a half to break out. Arceus was slightly merciful on me, not giving me the nightmare of becoming the dreaded Muk, Probopass, and Garbodor Chimera or the obese Lickilicky, Snorlax, and Wailord Chimera. I did, however, experience the full brunt of Lady Luck pissing on my face with the ungodly horrible Raichu, Wigglytuff, and Whimsicott Chimera. And it was just as horrible as I imagined it.

Becoming a pink-furred Raichu with a white belly and with stupid, Wigglytuff bunny-like ears and a big, enormous, and ridiculously huge ball of fluff behind me was definitely not going to be a fond memory I was going to want to remember, but the choices were limited, and suicide and letting everyone else get killed, possibly myself get killed as well, was also a stupid and heartless option. Right in the driver's seat, I transformed, getting covered with pink and white fur, getting ridiculous pink and white bunny ears, and an ungodly huge ball of cotton fluff behind me which nearly stuffed the entire cabin of the truck. My stealth armor was absolutely freaking ruined, but it was better than a load of bullet holes instead. It didn't take long for the transformation to finish, and I didn't even want to look at myself. Instead, I just opened up the driver's side door, and stepped on out onto the filthy Pyrite Town street, having the thrill of trying to yank out that enormous ball of fluff behind me so it could trail behind me wherever I went. I figured if I was going to look like an idiot, I was going to have to act like one too.

"Hey, hey, sorry 'bout that," I laughed to myself, talking to the Black Alpha forces with a fake accent. "Couldn't hear ya folks the first time, ya know. Ya'll said somethin' 'bout rubber bands an' huge olives?"

"Contrabands and fugitives, you idiot!" The Mightynea, Absol, and Salamence Chimera barked at me. "Open the back, we don't have time for this bullcrap!"

"Oh, alright," I chuckled, acting like I thought it was funny. "Coulda said so the first time, ya know!"

He was getting pissed and distracted, which was exactly what I wanted. Sure, all eyes were on me now because I was the stupid pink and white bunny mouse with the giant cotton ball for a butt, but it kept their eyes off of everyone else. As I walked toward the back of the truck, I allowed myself to look a little careless and clumsy. In the process, I sprayed some Cotton Spore around, and made it look like it was a total, clumsy accident.

"Oh doh, did I do that?" I chuckled, looking like an idiot. "Sometimes it jus' comes out on its own, ya know. Can't help it, heh."

"Damn it!" One of the afflicted soldiers shouted. "What the hell is wrong with you, you stupid maggot!? Watch it!"

Four of them were feeling the brunt of the effect, the only one that seemed to endure it was the Arcanine, Staraptor, and Weavile Chimera and one other human soldier that were trying to get away from the rest of the fluffy mess. The others looked like the Cotton Spore was crippling their movement and slowing them down incredibly, barely able to even move or look around because the fluff was all over them. Moving quickly, I grabbed the one unaffected human soldier by the neck, and struck him in the face. Before he went down, I ripped the Sig 552 rifle out of his hands, and then quickly aimed at the Arcanine, Staraptor, and Weavile Chimera. Before he even had the chance to take aim with his own rifle, I shot him and filled his stomach up with a bullet breakfast.

I quickly then pushed the button to open the back of the truck. Theresa and the others would have no problem finishing off the rest of these goons through this diversion, now that these punks could barely move and were slower than a two hundred year old Snubbull chasing a Slugma uphill. Still, I just had to hope these six maggots were all there was to this search unit and no one else was watching, or else this was going to get pretty ugly...

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Theresa Del Monico
Pyrite Town, Orre

“Hey, you! This is Black Alpha! Open up the back of the truck. We’re searching it for contraband and fugitives.”

Those words made me jump and turned my sweat into ice. Black Alpha had come. I faced Alex, who looked into his side mirror and saw about six members, two of them Chimeras. I then watched as Alex gave in and injected himself with a mutagen.

"Alex, you don't-" I tried to tell him, but he already had chosen a needle before I could continue.

"Can't risk it...There's too many of them and we can't get close enough to attack. Everyone's stuck in the trailer and the two of us can be seen by everyone the moment we step out. They figure out what we're doing and who's involved and the whole operation is screwed." He whispered to me. I nodded slowly as he inserted the needle into himself. I watched as he turned into a Raichu-Wigglytuff-Whimsicott Chimera, which looked like something Janine Price would have come up with. I don't know why he had to do this, he really didn't. Gah, I felt that even he was reliving one of his nightmares.

"Hey, hey, sorry 'bout that. Couldn't hear ya folks the first time, ya know. Ya'll said somethin' 'bout rubber bands an' huge olives?" Alex said as he got out of the truck, putting on a fake accent. Man, Alex was a pretty good actor if I say so myself.

"Contrabands and fugitives, you idiot! Open the back, we don't have time for this bullcrap!" One of the Chimeras barked. I noticed that he was a fusion of Mightyena, Absol and Salamence, not a bad combination, if only we knew where to obtain mutagens like that.

Alex kept up his goofy, clumsy facade as they ordered him to open the back of the truck. I noticed how most of them grew sluggish after an argument. Cotton Spore, I guessed. I then heard a round of bullets firing. I looked at my side mirror and saw that Alex had already shot one of the Chimeras, and the others grew sluggish. Hearing the back of the truck open, I took that as my signal. I opened the door and hopped out, taking out both my HK45s, their bullets already poisoned. Running over to the back of the truck, I aimed at the remaining Black Alpha guards.

"Say goodnight!" I laughed as I started firing poisoned bullets in two directions. They were not very far away, so I didn't have to fire too much, the bullets easily landing their targets due to their reduced speed. Even if it didn't hit them in any vital part, I made sure that the poison would get the job done. I watched as they started writhing in pain, the effects of the toxins kicking in. I lowered my guns, looking at Alex.

"Whatever it is that's in here, I'll have to be the one entering you-know-what. I'm going to have to pick something out for you if in case CRA isn't available...this time, we need them if we want to infiltrate the higher-ups, considering their forms..." I murmured.

Zack Robertson
6:00 AM
KA Building, Pyrite

After the bedroom invasion, Zack was given time to get dressed. He quickly donned his chosen outfit for the day. He remembered form yesterday that there was a possible Agate Village storming from the Army, so put on his normal green camos, and a green t-shirt with a safari ball icon on it. He stuck on his green converses and left his room.

From there, Zack went to the War Room. This was a much larger room than the bedrooms, and held all the weapons of each trainer, which included the Pokemon of each trainer, bar one that they kept with eachother at all times. Zack, as the leader, kept two on his person, that of Blaze, and that of Otto, Combusken and Dewott respectively. All KA fighters were also instructed to keep a pistol, which everyone in the Army had, with them too, hence the gun underneath his pillow.

The Leader's section was separate form the rest and required a secondary password to enter. There were only four "Leaders"; Zack, Toby, Lance, and Laura. The password was one that only the four of them knew. The password to most doors in the compound was also a tightly guarded secret which only official KA members knew.

Zack went up to his rack and took off his AK47, along with three carabiners. He clipped them onto the gun and then clipped them onto his trousers via the hooks. The gun rested there quite happily and easily. Then, Zack tucked his pistol into his right hand pocket and zipped it up. He'd made that mistake before. He'd tucked his hands into his pockets and had accidentally pulled the rigger of the pistol in doing so. Luckily the gun had been pointing away from him and everyone around him, but it ruined a perfectly good pair of camos. So Zack now always zipped up the pocket his gun was in.

Next Zack took the Sword off its hook, and sheathed it inside his scabbard, which also lay on the wall, separate from the Sword itself. The Sword had an electrical charge running through it so that when one hit something with it, it stung all the more due to a powerful electrical shock. The Sword ran on very long life rechargeable batteries, the recharge pack for which was attached to the wall. Zack then took the straps of the Scabbard of the Sword and strapped them across his t-shirt in an X shape.

Finally, Zack picked up his remaining five Pokeballs and put them in the other pocket, his left one. He left this open, so that accessing his Pokemon would be quicker than accessing his gun. He himself only preferred to attack when he had to. After all, his Pokemon were much more likely to just get knocked out than die. Zack would get injured and wouldn't have a quick healing method. Though it was quite a selfish way to look at things, Zack was the leader of the KA and without a leader, Black Alpha wouldn't have another threat. Well, they didn't know about that threat yet, but sure as heck they would soon.

Once finished, Zack left the room. The doors were automatic and sliding, but he made sure they closed. Force of habit.
---
8:30 AM
Mess Room

Zack was sitting down on his chair. His official leader's chair. It was comfortable, just like all the other chairs. In fact, it was exactly the same as all the other chairs, but, along with Toby, lance, Laura and now his Dad's, they were blue in colour instead of red. There were now twenty KA fighters that weren't the leading five, due to Alex and Thomas' recruitment this morning. They were actually better than some of the fighters already, mainly due to their experience in living it relatively rough just like Zack had.

His dad had straight away been placed on the leading team when it was discovered that he was excellent with heavy weaponry. There were now five distinct factions headed by the five leaders, with five non-leaders fighter sin each squad.

Firstly, there was Laura's group. These were the real marksmen (or women, seeing as most of Laura's group were female, apart from one boy). They specialized in extra accurate shooting, and were often deployed as snipers. They rarely entered into physical combat and used accurate, light weapons.

Next, her brother, Lance, formed the physical team. They carried old school weapons like maces, swords, Axes, and knives that were given a modern twist, like the electrical charge that was in Zack's sword, or a weapon that came alight with flames, or a weapon that shot acid on contact. Most of them were large, burly guys that had big muscles and that were very strong.

After this came his Dad, James' group. They carried heavy artillery. They occasionally battled from a stationary position with large canons, or carried flame-throwers, rocket launchers, as well as grenades. They also had some relatively strong boys but also included some girls.

Then, there was Toby's group, who were all relatively fast, agile, and very intelligent. They knew how to operate all the machines and were very good at setting bombs, traps, hacking into computers to gain information. They were all rather stealthy in their acts. Whenever they weren't actually using their stealth tactics, they were the medics and most carried around a large pack of both Pokemon and human healing methods.

Finally, there was Zack group, that included his brothers. Zack's group was a group of elites in the Kid Army. They were good at both marksmanship and physical combat. They all carried a good gun as well as a physical weapon, which were often swords, as well as the mandatory pistol.

Zack surveyed the scene in front of him. Each squad was being given a wrist band. Laura's were purple, Lance's were Red, James' were Green, Toby's were blue and Zack's were Yellow. This way, they could easily tell not only whether or not someone in front of them was one of their own men but also what squad they belonged to. They were also technically engineered by Toby so that if they were impossible to remove from the wrist other than by cutting it off. When this happened, they lost their colour and became black. This was also useful because if an enemy got hold of the wrist band, they couldn't pose as one of the Kid Army. Everything had been thought of to make sure that enemies wouldn't be able to infiltrate the KA. Nobody got into the KA unless if they could prove their loyalty. Everyone was re-tested, including Zack, to make sure their loyalties still remained. It they did not, as had happened once before, they were removed from the KA. They were convinced that they had completely imagined the KA and forgot all the passwords, plans, etc and everything they'd seen.

"Right," he said to the group as the last band was handed out. "Today, we begin in earnest. Everything you've done so far had been mere practice for today. Today, we're going to Agate Village. First, we will find out what is actually going on there. Then, if, as many people suspect, it is home to storage for whatever Black Alpha have got supplies for, we destroy those supplies. As much as you possibly can, WITHOUT getting hurt. Your lives are of more importance than the job here. Right, this is our plan..."

Niihyl

Posthuman
Nyarlathotep
Pyrite Town

The sound of shouting, angry voices, and then gunfire showed there was a fight going on. The back doors opened, and Ny stood, preparing to step outside. The loud retort of several shots being fired, and the last voice heard was that of the girl. Looks like the fight was over. Still, it meant these folks didn’t have to think twice before shooting to kill.

Most people went their whole lives without killing another human being. And even soldiers and other warriors did so in the heat of battle, adrenaline rushing, not thinking straight. It took steel to calmly shoot someone before they shot you. It looked like there were some competent people on this trip after all.

“Well, that was quick and easy,” Ny remarked. He looked around at the bodies lying around. Many weren’t completely dead yet. They were still writhing, and the skin around the wounds was discolored. Poison. Mercury spiked? Toxic bullets had been internationally outlawed for a while now. Ny eyed the girl warily. She had laughed while firing. Not the… safest type of person to be around.

"Whatever it is that's in here, I'll have to be the one entering you-know-what. I'm going to have to pick something out for you if in case CRA isn't available...this time, we need them if we want to infiltrate the higher-ups, considering their forms..." she murmured to ‘Nemesis’.

Ny glanced at the man, and realized that he was a pink fluffy bunny-mouse-blob. Phenac City’s trademark BS Chimera mutagen. Well, that wasn’t good. Perhaps it was time to reveal his hand… or at least some of it? He stepped closer to the two, and spoke quietly, so no one but they could hear.

“Hey. I figure that you’ll need some… what do they call it… overrider mutagen, hm? Mind if I come with on your perilous hunt for the stuff? I’d like to collect some myself. I suppose I could go at it myself, but it’d probably be better for everyone to work together, at least temporarily, eh? An extra rifle providing cover fire might be useful, or, I also lived here a bit, people know me.” Gunshots sounded from an alleyway nearby. “Which might not be a good thing, but my being here isn’t suspicious at least. Neither will my participating in less than legal activities. We might end up working at cross purposes after all. Especially with Nemesis here bogged down with an unfortunate Chimera form, I could be helpful. Either way, you should probably get the truck out of here. Large amounts of dead people, especially Black Alpha dead people, draw attention.”

Ny decided not to let slip that he knew about their ‘secret’ about the UN base and military op or whatnot. He didn’t want to get shot and ‘silenced’. He thought for a moment. A story. He was… a boy trying to take Heights down, for… turning his dad into… a Magikarp-Feebas-Sunkern Chimera. Because he was… part of an experiment in trying to make Chimera effects more pronounced in Phenac. Well, there was a horrifying thing. Now a useless fish-seed that had no arms or legs, he flopped around and floated in a pond. To get revenge… and to get an overrider mutagen to fix it. Well, there was a tragic backstory to use. People liked tragic backstories. If anyone asked, he could reveal details about that false history. After all, no one in Pyrite knew who he really was.

As he moved back towards the truck, he noticed the corpse of a Mightyena-Absol-Salamence Chimera. Ny searched the man and found a little combat knife. He hacked off the Absol blade-horn, and swung it experimentally through the air a few times. Sharp, and about a foot long. Sharp enough to cut air if Razor Winds were to be believed. Slipping the combat knife and the new blade into his belt, he leaned against the truck.

“So, your answer? Taking me with, or not?”

Maree

Fireball In The Dark
Callie Del Monico
Black Alpha HQ, somewhere North of the Cipher Key Lair
**12 hours ago**

I walked down one of the long, well-lit, yet still somehow dark, metal-plated hallways that mazed around the inside of the Black Alpha Headquarters. I had just arrived back from my latest assignment in Phenac City; Black Alpha caught word of a rumor that there was a long-retired Ace Trainer in Phenac who was in possession of some moss that came from the back of Regigigas, and I had been sent to retrieve said moss.

Unfortunately for Black Alpha, I had failed. But seeing as how I was the one who made up the rumor in the first place, there really was no-way I could have succeeded in the first place. I had made sure that Heights would be informed of the rumor at a time when all his other elite personal were out on legit DNA collecting missions and would have no one to send other than me.

However, my real reason for going to Phenac was to pass on some Intel to one of my UN contacts in the city; Brett, I believe his name was. Since I’m so deep undercover, I can never pass off a lot of Intel at one time without raising suspicion; however, this time I managed to get him some documents pertaining to movements in Pyrite Town and the increasing numbers of Chimeras Heights has been steadily sending there.

After the handoff was complete, I just had to wait long enough to make it appear like I had actually been attempting to retrieve the non-existent Regigigas moss and failed before returning to base. (And come up with a convincing reason as to why I had failed.)

“Yo, Callie! You’re back!”

I turned around at the sound of my name to see two fellow elite Black Alpha personal making their way towards me; Captain Karen Anderson and Major Jason Connors to be exact.

“What took you so long?” Demanded Captain Anderson once she and Connors had closed the gap in between them and me. “I was back two whole hours ago,” she added arrogantly, crossing her long skinny green arms in front of her. Anderson was a Froslass, Gardevoir, Glaceon Chimera – a combination she defiantly didn’t deserve. Her new altered form included Froslass’ blue & yellow eyes and red sash around her waist; Gardevoir’s white skin, green hair, and long green arms; along with Glaceon’s blue tail and dark blue caps on her feet.

“The interrogation took longer than expected, it couldn’t be helped,” I responded matter-of-factly to Anderson with a smug little smile on my face. Anderson may be higher ranked than me – because I have no rank – but we both know that Heights trusts and just plain likes me better so she can’t punish me for back-sassing her. Which would explain her pursed lips and the death glare that she’s giving me right now.

“Tell me you at least got the DNA sample then?” Anderson questioned in an annoyed tone.

“Yeah Callie, did ya get it? I’ve never seen Regigigas moss up-close before,” Connors added gleefully. Major Jason Connors was the only member of BA – besides Heights himself – who called me by my first name, and probably to only person in this place I would consider a friend. He’s got a good intentioned sense of humor and a brilliant mind as far as tactical and strategic deployment of troops and supply routes are concerned. Connors also just recently got turned into a Dragonite, Altaria, Scrafty Chimera; currently, has Scrafty’s red Mohawk and big sagging yellow “pants”; Altaria’s blue skin, white cheeks and five blue tail feathers; and Dragonite’s taller stature and little green wings.

I gave Connors a warm smile before saying, “Sorry to disappoint, but the moss was a fake. The guy confessed it was just a clump of regular old moss he found on the side of the road. Apparently he thought it would be cool to be known as the guy with the Regigigas moss, but I made it clear to him just how much his little lie had dis-serviced Black Alpha.”

“Awe man, I really wanted to get a look at some real ‘gigas moss,” Connors moped like he was a little kid who didn’t get the toy he wanted for his birthday.

“Hey, where’s Henderson?” I suddenly questioned to neither one of them in specific, as I scanned the hallways for the fourth member of our little group that was normally present, but as I had just suddenly noticed, was currently nowhere to be found. Colonel Bernard Henderson was a Porygon Z, Hypno, Slowking Chimera and responsible for a lot of revival of Team Galactic Plasma's research, as well as new research. You could say he’s the evil genius behind Black Alpha’s Chimeras.

“Well, my mission was a success – as always – so Heights sent him off to the Snagem lab with the DNA sample I retrieved,” Anderson gloated proudly.

“Yeah, didn’t you here Callie – Karen managed to get some Latias DNA. Now all we need is some Latios DNA and the boss’ll be a matching set,” Connors said before cracking up at his own not-so-funny joke.

“Del Monico!”

I turned so see the fifth and final member of our little group, Major Luther Miller – a Charizard, Nidoking, Emboar Chimera and true battle-freak – coming down the other end of the hallway, carrying some large weapon – as usual. “Boss wants to see you in his office,” he called to me. I nodded in reply and he returned the nod before swerving right and disappearing down a different hallway.

“Later guys,” I said to Connors and Anderson before heading down the hall towards Heights’ office.

“BYEEE CALLIEEE!” Connors called after me in a sing-songy voice that was followed by a loud “OW!” and I couldn’t help but smile because I knew Anderson had punched him because she was mad that it was me, not her, heading to Heights’ office right now.

Heights’ office was a lot like the hallways of the Black Alpha HQ; cold, metal-plated, and dark, however, his office had a few “homey” touches to it. There was his large glass desk and black leather chair, the multiple maps that hung on the walls - most of which had battle plans drown out on them - and a large plasma screen hung behind his desk. It currently had the Black Alpha logo rotating in the center of it.
“You wanted to see me sir?”

“Ah yes, Callie, your back, good,” Heights said as he turned from expecting one of the maps to converse with me. “Did you mage to get the sample?”

“Sorry sir but no, the lead was a dead end,” I falsely informed him.

Normally he would be angry when he learned that a mission had failed, but he surprisingly had a slight grin on his face. “Well no matter, I have a new assignment for you,” He picked up an envelope from his desk and handed it to me. “In Pyrite Town.”

Pyrite Town
**Present Time**

“… are of more importance than the job here. Right, this is our plan..."

I sat on a nearby tree branch and watched the images on screen of the little recording/transmitting device I held in my hands. Currently it displayed an aerial view of Zack Robertson, head of the KA, addressing his troops in the mess hall of the KA building. The image was slightly distorted by air duct vent slats.

My mission Heights gave me was to gather as much Intel as possible on the KA and its leader Zack Robertson as quickly as possible – Heights didn’t view them as a major threat, but he still likes to keep tabs on his enemies and he had gotten word that they were planning an assault and he wanted details. Now.

(Normally, I would sabotage this someway, by I wanted to learn about the KA too, and currently, the only way I could do that, would be to let Heights learn about them too.)

So I was given a small camera and a video radio – a device that allowed me to send the images and sounds the camera was recording in real time back to Black Alpha HQ where no doubt Heights was probably watching and making a plan to counter their assault.

Wondering how I got the camera inside the KA hideout? Easy, I strapped it to Joltik’s back and put Joltik in their air conditioning duct. All the little guy had to do was crawl until he found people and then sit and wait until I called him back. However, it was the calling him back part I was worried about, because the KA people might hear…

*BZZZIP*

The video radio beeped at me to let me know that a text message had arrived from HQ. It read: “SandCastle to Italia, come in Italia.”

Italia was my codename and SandCaste was BA HQ. I quickly replied, “Italia to SandCastle, go ahead SandCastle.”

A minute later I got a reply: “Mission complete. Kill feed and extract from the location. Get to safety zone and await further instructions.”

I quickly answered: “Roger, Italia over and out.” Then I remotely turned off the camera’s broadcast from the video radio before slipping that into my pack. I then made my way up to the roof of the KA building and over to the air duct where I had placed Joltik into. I held my hand near the opening and snapped twice in quick succession, the sound was loud enough for Joltik to hear but barely audible to the people inside the building. My little yellow, furry electric bug Pokémon quickly appeared at the opening of the air duct and I held out my arm for him to climb onto. Once he was out, I removed the camera from his back and slipped it into my pack as well.

Then, after praising Joltik for a job well done and returning him to his poke ball, I quickly made my way off the roof and back into town. I blended in with the crowds of people roaming the streets, in attempt to lose any tail I might have picked up. When I was pretty sure the coast was clear, I ducked into an ally and climbed up to the roof of one of the buildings – the rooftop was the safety zone.

I stood near the edge of the building so that I could watch what happened below me as I waited to get instructions from HQ and that’s when I spotted a very suspicious looking truck…

((OOC: ^ that was my attempt at making up for my lack of posting xP ))

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Alex Waters
Pyrite Town, Orre

The plan worked. Theresa used the diversion and shot the remaining goons with poisoned bullets from both of her HK45s, a signature insult to injury. They never got the chance to return fire, and thankfully, the rest of us were fine. I took a quick look around to see if any other Black Alpha maggots were on their way over here, but thankfully, we were safe... for now.

"Whatever it is that's in here, I'll have to be the one entering you-know-what," Theresa told me. "I'm going to have to pick something out for you in case CRA isn't available... this time, we need them if we want to infiltrate the higher-ups, considering their forms..."

Truthfully, my luck was horrific when it came to ending up in situations where I got stuck with lousy Chimera forms. And this one was pretty bad. Moments later, that weird kid we picked up earlier came over, looking over my current overly fluffy state.

"Hey," He told me. "I figure that you’ll need some… what do they call it… overrider mutagen, hm? Mind if I come with on your perilous hunt for the stuff? I’d like to collect some myself. I suppose I could go at it myself, but it’d probably be better for everyone to work together, at least temporarily, eh? An extra rifle providing cover fire might be useful, or, I also lived here a bit, people know me."

At this point, I just shrugged. Messing with this stuff was really his choice, but truthfully, we still couldn't just let him leave our sight. He knew about the UN presence at the Outskirt Stand. While I figured the UN was going to get that place exposed on their own in little time, I didn't want them using me as an excuse, and letting this kid go free would have given them plenty of reason to do it.

"Which might not be a good thing," he continued, "but my being here isn't suspicious at least. Neither will my participating in less than legal activities. We might end up working at cross purposes after all. Especially with Nemesis here bogged down with an unfortunate Chimera form, I could be helpful. Either way, you should probably get the truck out of here. Large amounts of dead people, especially Black Alpha dead people, draw attention."

He was right, we definitely needed to hide these bodies, or get the hell out of here. Truthfully, he did show some insight regarding this rather grizzly business, but still, I wasn't ready to trust this kid with my life. I watched him take a combat knife from the dead Mightyena, Absol, Salamence Chimera, and actually hack off the bladed horn... before playing with it.

"So, your answer?" He asked me. "Taking me with, or not?"

"Come along for the ride, if you'd like," I told him, shrugging with my mind wandering elsewhere. "It's dangerous as all hell though, but... you seem like you can handle yourself."

Couldn't say I didn't warn him, but I try to keep him with us so he wouldn't run off and let loose the secret. In the meantime, he had the right idea. I glanced over the bodies, and after examining them, I figured out what was really going on.

The humans were really no higher than Corporals in rank. Two were Privates, one Private first class, and the last was a Corporal. They didn't have much on them besides a few spare magazines and supplies. Nothing really worth it. The Chimeras, however, were a little higher up there. The Mightynea, Absol, and Salamence Chimera was a Staff Sergeant, and the Arcanine, Staraptor, Weavile Chimera was a Captain. From what I figured, Heights, or at least his officers, didn't trust the new blood enough to let them have decent Chimera forms. Only the seasoned soldiers did. What I found on the Chimeras was a little more interesting besides the usual soldier equipment. They had different radios and military smartphones, both of which I kept, maybe to see if I could analyze them when I had a bit more time. And then, on both of them, they each had their own metallic lockbox. I didn't find any keys on them, but I figured if they had them on themselves, they were probably pretty damn well hidden. And with a bunch of dead bodies laying around, I didn't exactly have the time to play around here and look for them. Instead, I just grabbed my picks and the tension wrench, and picked both of them.

The locks were pretty complex and would have thrown off most novice lockpickers, but I got it after a little struggling. I opened up the Captain's box, and surprise, two Overrider mutagens and even a CRA, which had the interesting label of "USE ONLY AS LAST RESORT." What was also interesting was it wasn't labeled as a CRA, but I recognized it having seen one from before. Question was... did it still work?

I quickly took off the plastic covering, and jabbed myself with the needle before pressing down on the plunger. And my memory didn't fail me, it did work. The pink fur, the idiotic ears, and the ungodly ball of fluff were gone, sucked back into my body and then vaporized like they never even existed in the first place. In the end, I was human again, but the stealth uniform had taken a little tearing and damage with the transformation. To me, that was laughingly trivial.

"Hallelujah," I nearly cheered, happy to have been able to undo that ungodly crappy Raichu, Wigglytuff and Whimiscott form. "Somehow, these maggots still have CRAs on their hands, but they did a pretty good job of keeping them secret."

Judging from the look of it, these things were extremely rare and limited in supply, strictly rationed, and strictly protected, set aside for only high-ranking officers. Without a doubt, I got lucky this time, but we couldn't count on coming across another one of these.

I managed to pick the other guy's lockbox, but he only had one other Overrider, and not a single CRA in sight, unlike his Captain friend. I figured they carried extra Overriders to change forms on the go, in case one situation called for another Chimera form. However, they definitely didn't want any average Joe to get their hands on them. It seemed they were really only there as a last resort, life or death alternative.

I looked the Overriders over, and saw we had an Overrider for a Nidoking, Tyranitar, and Aggron as the first, then a Mienshao, Honchkrow, and Lucario and the second, and lastly, a Zoroark, Luxray, and Typhlosion Chimera for the third. All decent forms, but I didn't want to touch any more Chimera mutagens... at least not yet anyway. They were still a heck of a lot better than the crap Brett and Jonathan picked up though.

"Let's ditch the bodies and just get out of here," I told the others. "Jonathan, lose the jacket, they can't tell you're a UN officer if you're only wearing those pants. Let's try to see if we can figure out where these Black Alpha maggots are storing some of their more critical assets. Maybe we can even figure out where the heck they're now producing these mutagens."

Jonathan nodded at the sound of my request, and stuffed the UN uniform jacket into a flashing trash can, leaving him with only an undershirt, but at least they couldn't tell he was from the UN. As for Corporal X and the other guys... it was up to them whether they wanted to do the same.

Still, I swore I was not going to put up with any more crappy Chimera forms... ever again. I wasn't sure if Theresa or anyone else wanted one of the mutagens I had picked up, but as far as I was convinced, they could help themselves if they wanted.

After that horrible Raichu, Wigglytuff, and Whimiscott episode... it was going to take quite a bit of time before I'd be ready to prick myself with another damn Chimera mutagen syringe again...

Last edited:

Tman109ner

Razzled Not Dazzled
Tman
Kaminko's Lab

"Finally, it's done!" Tman held up the the small device containing the three beakers. "Now, I can replicate DNA for Chimeras anywhere!"

"Incoming Transmission from the S.S.S."(Sinnoh Secret Service) "Agent Mandival! Good to see you!" "The same Commander Stone." "I told you call me Riley! Now back to the main issue. I believe you have heard about Black Alpha I persume." "Yes I have do you want my team to take a look?" "Exactly. I've talked to Hoenn's president and they have X's Team on for them. I've heard they have infiltrated Pyrite." "So you want me to find X in Pyrite?" "Yes. Have you finish the DNA replicator? That will be vital to this mission." "Yes all set and ready to go." "What about Project X9Z100?" "No we are still working on that. We have found DNA for tyranitar and shedninja but no word on a dusknoir sighting." "Ok get on that as soon as possible." "Ok so were all clear?" "Yes Agent Mandival." "Agent Mandival out."

"Dusty, Ryan, get in here!" "Yes Tman?" "Have you seen Ryan?" "Yea hold on I'm right here." "Good. Ok so we're back in action guys. Commander said to meet Agent X in Pyrite. We're going to combat Black Alpha in a joint operation if possible, if not we'll figure something out. Ryan you will be coming with me while Dusty works the camera's and sends us anythings needed through abra." "Ok so when do we depart?" "As soon as we get our stuff. Dusty, Commander set over this picture of X. See if you can track down this face." "OK." "Ryan I want you to grab your weapons and the Arcanine, Breloom, and Mew and the Porygon-Z, Venusaur, and Jellicent chimeras. I'll take the Ninjask, Gallade, Tyranitar and Dragonair, Serperior, and Arbok ones." "Ok, so how we getting there?" Ill take Skarmory and you take Swellow. Ill have Zoroark cover us into Pyrite." "Ok lets go."

Pyrite Town
As we entered Pyrite we injected our chimera's and hopped off our pokemon. I looked like a very darkgreen gallade with a little bulk, wings, a huge jaw, and a tail. Ryan looked like a venusaur that was pink and had a tail and was floating with its two arms. "Why'd you stick me with this one?" "Strategy, you can easily use stun spore and sleep powder." He grunted something under his breath." I then used my earpiece to contact Dusty.

"Do you see him?" "Yea go north 100 yards then take a left and keep going north so you can avoid those gaurds. Oh wait. Your going to be looking for a pink bunny looking chimera. They just took out the chimeras so just proceed north." "I'm out."

I looked around and then I saw him. The wierd creature look like he had taken a wigglytuff and some pokemon chimera. "Do you have the override agents and the reversal agent." "Yea, looks like he will need it." I then looked at him and used telekinisis. "General X, look to the right and look for the chimera of a gallade with wings." I looked at him and held my badge up hoping he would hear me...

Last edited: