1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Black and White City Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bluemage14, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluemage14

bluemage14 Well-Known Member

This is the place where you can discuss the new cities and their designs. Here are a couple questions to get the discussion started.

-What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
    -What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
    -How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
    -Anything you you wish the creators would have added?
    -Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?

Have fun, and remember don't get too rowdy! : )

2. Fox Reeveheart

Fox Reeveheart First BW shiny!

black city looks really cool when it's all lit up at night... looks really dumb and bland during the day.

favorite city.... nimbasa (the one with the amusement park) because it feels the most like a mid-sized town, castelia is too big, many of the others are so small, nimbasa has a good middle sized feel too it. Not to mention it doesn't feel gimmicky like opelucid. I imagine Nimbasa as a town of a couple thousand with an amusement park and nothing more, makes it feel homely in a way.

least favorite: castelia, too darn big @_@

3. elorasheppard

elorasheppard Well-Known Member

Id have to say my favourite city/place is strangely enough village bridge (its like its own little town with great places to train and great music)

Real city would have to be Driftveil. I love the rain :)

I thought i would love Castellia but I dont. There's not really much to do but its so big that the things you want to do you just cant find.

4. Miss Alexis

Miss Alexis Event Collector :)

Hmmm I only have white version and I still have yet to make it to white forest, but ill be there shortly ^^

5. Ledyba

Ledyba I sleep with bugz.

1. My favourite city is Nimbasa City. It has everything, Battle Subway, Musical building, ferris wheel, etc.
    2. Least favourite would be Striaton City. There's not much you can do there.
    3. The cities are really great compared to the gen.4 cities. They are bigger, too!
    4. I wish you could fly with the airplane at Mistralton.
    5. Maybe they let you do that in the third version?

ledyba out.

6. bluemage14

bluemage14 Well-Known Member

I have only just gotten to Mistralton, and I have to say I'm disappointed. I would have thought it would be much larger. Coming from Driftveil, which is one of my favorites, it was a real let down. Sure the Airport is cool, but there is only like 2 houses. Overall very bland.

Nimbasa City although a great size and amazingly interactive, I felt it overpowered Castelia.

(P.S. if the rest of this critique is from a perspective of map-maker so if you don't wish to be bored escape now!)

Nimbasa houses too many things, and I feel that the designers should have evened it out between Castelia and Nimbasa. I mean Castelia is based off of Lower Manhattan so shouldn't there be more things to do in the city? Although that would mean Nimbasa is suppose to be the Arts district of New York.

Goodness I sound like a crazy person! I shall stop now!

Continue discussing! This is going along swimmingly!

7. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

Castelia is really creative. And I love the music in Driftveil.

8. Starlight777

Starlight777 Member

Castelia so far is my least favorite, it was difficult finding everything and the camera angle changes were starting to give me a headache >.<

Fav so far is Nimbasa City, it's so colorful! >W<

9. - Castelia. Because it's so big.
    - I don't know yet. I'll have to visit each city first to see which one I like the least.
    - A lot better than the cities from Gen. 4. These cities look alot more realistic. especially Castelia. It's actually "city-like" with all the tall skyscrapers!
    - So far, nothing. The region itself is really looking good!
    - Not anything so far.

10. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

1. Favourite city for me would be Nimbasa City. The music there is so cool and I like training in the sports domes there.

2. My least favourite city would be a tie between Castelia and Black City. Castelia is way too big and I often have problems remembering where everything is located in that place. It's really annoying having to search in every single building for whatever it is I want. I find Black City to be quite boring really. Also, the music there gives me the creeps.

3. Personally, I greatly prefer the fourth generation cities. I just find them much more interesting and fun to visit. I like the sizes of most fourth gen cities, because they aren't too big like Castelia and they're not ridicuously small like Icirrus City.

4. I wish they had made some of the cities larger. Places like Mistralton and Icirrus seem way too small to be cities. Mistalton is mostly just an airport, and Icirrus looks more like a rural town.

5. See above.

11. 123jeffrey

123jeffrey Member

my favorite city is Nimbasa,
    my least favorite is castellia (SO CONFUSING...)
    i think that comparing to 4th gen, the cities are more unique.

12. Skyla

Skyla New Member

I just love how Hiun City looks like.

13. Chimchar15

Chimchar15 Well-Known Member

-I like all the cities in Unova so that's a hard one.
    -Also my least favorite I guess would be White Forest even though it technically isn't a city.
    -Definitely better than the fourth gen cities although some fourth gen cities like Oreburgh are an exception to this.
    -I don't really have anything to add may make Iccirus city a little bigger and put just a few more houses in Mistralton but for the most part I good.
    -For the first time in a Pokemon game I don't want anything added to the cities. If anything the stuff I said earlier and maybe a couple more things in Castelia City. Like there's plenty to do but I want even MORE!!!!!

14. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

I don't really have a favourite or least favourite city in this region. I really just like them all a lot. If I had to pick a fav, it would be White City, or possibly Undella town, cause for whatever reason I just like it there.
    Least Fav if I had to pick one would probably be Accumula town, but that's kinda expected for the first city after your home town. With the exception of Viridian, there never is anything there.

I love the cities in this game overall much more than the cities in the 4th Gen. For whatever reason, I just really like them.

Maybe a little more to cities like Iccirus or Mistralton. A Safari Zone or something of the like near one of those cities would have been a great idea.

I'd be fine if they were left the way they are, but if they had to change things I wouldn't mind at all. I'd love a Safari Zone type thing as mentioned, but I might be getting my hopes up there.

15. Pokemon Trainer Blue

Pokemon Trainer Blue Smell ya later!

Are there any side by side comparisons of Opelucid City from Black and White?

I have Black, its freaking awesome.

16. Zalman

Zalman Master of Puppets

This is the best I could find:

Black: [​IMG] White: [​IMG]

I honestly prefer Black's version.

17. Zhanton

Zhanton le quant-à-soi

Isn't there already a thread for this?
    I've only just reached Pinwheel Forest, but all the cities so far have been nice and fresh. I've loved the detail, although I think Nacrene City should've been known as Nacrene Town :)

18. elorasheppard

elorasheppard Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a town with a gym in it? Im wracking my brain but i think they were all cities. Nacrene has a gym so it has to be called a city, even though I agree its more town like. Has a very small, local theme to it.

19. flawlessazn

flawlessazn Spiffy ~ ^^"

Castelia seems quite nice, but i like Nimbasa the best

20. MagnetonNr1

MagnetonNr1 Steel-type Trainer

Azalea Town, Mahogany Town and Lavaridge Town are the only ones I could think of...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.