• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black and White City Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Am I the only one who prefers Opelucid City in White, with it's old-style, rustic look? I feel like it fits better with the theme of the town, the explanation of Reshiram and Zekroms mythology, and how it fit with the rest of the region.

elorasheppard

Dewford Town in Hoenn.

Ah thats true.

I dont think they could have ever got away with calling that a city, its only got one house.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
There's also Mahogany Town in Johto.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
I think Nimbasa is awesome. But I like the 3-D in Castelia.

mahud king

Dragon Master
gotta say I loath castelia cos its too darn big
i love undella town though, i kinda nicked one of the houses there so i now live there

Unlimited

I really liked Nacrene City. Very cool and unique.

Was disappointed with Castelia. There's simply not enough going on there. Was in an out in what seemed like 15 minutes. It's got nothing on Goldenrod.

Chimchar15

Am I the only one who prefers Opelucid City in White, with it's old-style, rustic look? I feel like it fits better with the theme of the town, the explanation of Reshiram and Zekroms mythology, and how it fit with the rest of the region.

Actually a good amonut of people seem to prefer Opelucid City in White but I'm not one of those people. It's great don't get me wrong but Opelucid City in Black and not to mention the music screams final gym and epic all over it.

oskar M

Zoroark Master
Soon I will catch Zekrom :)

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Well i got to say i really like the Cities look in white. I like the feeling of old things

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Actually a good amonut of people seem to prefer Opelucid City in White but I'm not one of those people. It's great don't get me wrong but Opelucid City in Black and not to mention the music screams final gym and epic all over it.

Good point. It feels more lackluster in White, a bit more relaxed. It's great in both games, of course.

Also, I was a bit dissapointed with White Forest. They could've done a lot more with that, instead of just supplying us with a few more wild Pokemon.

Also, I was a bit dissapointed with White Forest. They could've done a lot more with that, instead of just supplying us with a few more wild Pokemon.

Agreed, I was expecting something a lot more epic from White Forest. I guess zekrom was a good trade-off for getting that derpy little forest. I like how Opelucid looks in white though. It seems to make more sense to me since it's a dragon-based town and dragons live in keeps and whatnot in different mythologies so a rustic town makes more sense to me. But you know, to each their own.

KickAsh

halted development
-What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
-What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
-How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
-Anything you you wish the creators would have added?
-Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?
1. My favorite city is Driftveil City. The rain and music created a cozy little atmosphere, and the "Charizard Bridge" and the Cold Storage where some neat little locations. Also, it's the home of Clay.
2. My least favorite is probably either Castelia or Mistralton. Castelia was way too big, and the changes of camera angles were obnoxious and disorienting. And Mistralton was a major disappointment after Driftveil. There was what, like 3 houses and a PC? The airfield was cool, but the city needed more things.
3. Unova's cities are a lot better than most of D/P/Pltn, and they are sooo much better than HeartGold/SoulSilver's cities. I love Johto's Pokemon, but its locations kind of suck.
4 and 5. I think a Safari Zone that opens up post-Elite Four would vastly improve the game. If it were placed in Iccirus City, it would add a lot more to the city. After defeating the Elite Four, N, and Ghetsis, Professor Juniper could call you on the Xtransceiver and say something like "Have you heard about the Safari Zone in Iccirus City? It would be a great place for you to work on your Pokedex!" The Safari Zone could have rare Pokemon in it from every region, like Chansey, Bagon, and Dratini. But it could also host some rare Unova Pokemon, like Axew, Cryoganal, and Deino.

ForeverFlame

They're pretty lackluster, honestly. It's almost as if Gamefreak added them as an afterthought. In fact, all of the aftergame content in these games was disappointing. Or maybe it seems disappointing coming off of HeartGold/SoulSilver?

Mallymkun

A lady who's sure
This is the place where you can discuss the new cities and their designs. Here are a couple questions to get the discussion started.

Have fun, and remember don't get too rowdy! : )

1. Favorite City: Nacrene. I know there's not much to do there, but I like the overall atmosphere of the place.

2. Least Favorite: Castelia City. The 3-D gets annoying after a while and makes finding specific buildings very difficult.

3 and 4. I think BW is well-made enough, and if the creators were to add anything else that would be including a Safari Zone.

MagnetonNr1

Steel-type Trainer
This is the place where you can discuss the new cities and their designs. Here are a couple questions to get the discussion started.

Have fun, and remember don't get too rowdy! : )

1.) Opelucid City (Black Version)
2.) Icirrus City
3.) Umm...
4.) A little bit more to do in Castelia City...
5.) Actually not, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.