• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black and White City Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Routine

My favourite city would be Icirrus City. Although there's not that much to do there, I really like the music and the rainy weather and water puddles everywhere, and the dancing people in the middle of the city.
Least favourite... hard to tell, really. Guess Castelia, it looks awesome, but it's too big and I kept getting lost in it.
I have yet to get to Black City, but from the screenshots it looks pretty cool, though I like the fact White is more nature-oriented. But I'm suddenly finding myself liking Black's technological theme more...

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Haven't played much due to homework, so I've only gotten to Castelia so far. Of what I've seen thus far, though, Accumula (the city between your hometown and the first gym) is my least favorite - there's just too little going on around there. Whatever-the-name-is-for-Lenora's-town is my favorite so far.

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
Just got to Opelucid (Black). The atmosphere is neat, but the musoc...not so much. Too techno and upbeat. Strange rhythm to it. I simply don't like it.

I looked up Whites music...MUCH better. It fits that 8th gym feel more if you know what I mean. Reminds me of Blackthorn. You're almost there...

Romeo Romeo

Just explored Village Bridge. I must say, I think it's one of my favourite places in the entire Pokemon world, in any region. Such a nice atmosphere, so tranquil. Now to explore the rest of the Eastern side of Unova.

Team:

Princess (Garchomp) - Level 90

Merlin (Salamence) - Level 90

Faust (Hydreigon) - Level 75

Hamlet (Dragonite) - Level 66

Thorn (Haxorus) - Level 66

Bring it on. I am loving this game so much. :)

Grei

not the color

-What is your favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
-What is your least favorite city from Pokemon Black and White?
-How do you think they compare to the Gen. 4 cities?
-Anything you you wish the creators would have added?
-Anything you wish they would change in a possible future remake?

-Favorite City... I dunno. I really liked Lacunosa, Nimbasa was cool, Opelucid was neat. Anville's got this weird charm to it, as does Undella. I think my favorite was Castelia. Castelia's got so much to do. I spent hours in that city trying to complete everything. The only problem with it was how irrelevant it became afterwards. I mean, it had the Game Freak battle and the Royal Unova, but... for such a huge city I would have hoped for more post-game content to be in Castelia. Nimbasa's got more to do post-game than Castelia.

-Least Favorite...? Accumula. That town is so pointless. Anville had more use than Accumula. Granted, the first town after the starting town is usually pretty lacking, but... man, that town is dull. I also didn't like Mistralton, either.

-Compared to the 4th Gen cities, they're... iffy. I feel like a lot could have been done for each city to make it relevant beyond the initial visit. In Sinnoh, a number of cities needed revisiting due to certain circumstances. Also, each city contained some sort of feature or building that was relevant post-game. Canalave had the Move Deleter, Jubilife had the GTS, Pastoria had the Great Marsh and Move Relearner, Hearthome had the Contest Building, etc. This gen... Mistralton has the move deleter and relearner, Nimbasa has the Subway, Nacrene had the Museum (for fossils), Striaton had the Game Sync lab. Other than that, the other cities are just sort of... there. Opelucid was so lame after you first visited it because there is literally nothing to do there after you beat the Leader and visit each house. Same with Driftveil, Icirrus, and others.

-I wish the creators would have added more post-game content to the cities. If the plot of the games doesn't call for backtracking, it'd be best for the cities to have something to give you a reason to revisit them after the story is over. They don't.

-^Thus, I hope there's more to do in each city in the 3rd Version/remake. Just because of the Gym Rematches there'll be reason to revisit each city, but I hope there are actual events that occur in each city post-game that make things interesting. As it is now, there's a satisfying amount of post-game content, so more will not hurt at all.

Roll

Too busy to be busy

I can't say that I prefer any particular city over another, but I'd have to say Nimbasa City. There were lots to do there (The Ferris Wheel, Battle Subway, Sports Stadiums, Pokemon Musicals, etc.) and it never failed to entertain me while I was there.

Village Bridge and Undella Town are also favorites of mine, both for their soothing atmosphere.

I can't say that I ever really liked Driftveil City. It just seemed so... bland (I still don't know what the building in the northern part of the city is... Is it Unova's foreign building?). The Cold Storage wasn't that entertaining to me either. I actually preferred Accumula Town over Driftveil, due to the piano and drum players there.

Well, the music I found was much more charming. As for the content of the cities themselves... there wasn't really all that much to do. There was no huge mall (Shopping Mall Nine wasn't that big at all to be quite honest), no Game Corner (I understand that it was removed to avoid the gambling influence), no Safari Zone (Well, White Forest is partially one, but you can't even access it until post-game), no Cycling Road and worst of all, no GTS building! I loved the music there! Granted, you could just use the second floor of the Pokemon Center but I really liked having the GTS as an actual building...

More things to do in the cities. Sure, the camera angles were pretty sweet in Castelia, but all there was to do was go into buildings and ride elevators all day, or go to the piers. Driftveil could've had a cave of some sort, to keep in with the Ground-theme. Mistralton's plane could take off to some new location, Icirrus City could have had more of a, well, icy theme.

More interaction within the cities. They have little to do with the plot, as Team Plasma are constantly out on Routes or caves or towers vandalizing every place they come across. This may not be relevant, but I found the gym puzzles to be rather linear, not to mention getting from city to city. Some branching paths would be nice.

Sorry if I sounded as if I am complaining too much, but it's really only the cities that are dragging down my love of Generation V. Everything else I think is pitch-perfect.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN

-Probably Opelucid, just for the scenery. I really like how it looks. I also like Icurrus and Driftveil, for the music.
-I'd say they're about on par, but more diverse.
-Something cool with the environment, like a city built into the desert area.
-Not really. Maybe try and combine the styles of Opelucid between the two games.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Best Design and stuff to do: Nimbasa
Best Sound: Driftveil
Best Graphics: Catelia
Best City Overall:Nimbasa
Worst City: Nacrene City

bluemage14

I just arrived in Icirrus City last night and I was surprised to find that I really enjoyed it! True, there isn't much to it besides the gym, but when has the 7th gym city ever had anything substantial? (Ok that's not entirely true cause Mahogany Town did have the Team Rocket Hideout, but still!)

I just overall really enjoyed the hills and the puddles of water. The windmills are what sold me though, they were just beautifully designed and added so much to the originality of the city. I did however have more of a Village feel compared to a City, but oh well life goes on. :)

Next question!

- If you could pick any city to live in from Gen. 5 which would it be?

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
Hmm... Never thought of this before. I know everyone's probably going to say Castelia City is their favorite, so I'll skip right over that and move on. I guess I'd have to say my favorite is Nacrene City or Opelucid City... Probably Opelucid City. They're both really fun to me and I enjoy Opelucid's more laid-back yet modern style in White and Nacrene's really laid-back and artistic style. Plus, museums are ALWAYS fun. I really can't make up my mind, I guess. ;-; If I had to choose, though, I guess I'd say Nacrene City. Hahahah. As for the differences between 4th and 5th gen, I truly don't have much of a preference. Blackthorn will always be my favorite city of all time. Hahahahah.

Electric

My favorite so far is Icirrus City, because I'm a nature living runner and that city pretty much suits me. Brycen is also pretty cool.

The worst one is Accumula Town. It sucks and has nothing to do after you visit it. Can't the makers of the game at least put something unique there besides "talk to this character to change the music" thing? Even Nuvema Town is less boring.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
The only place that I dont really like is Skyla's city(forgot the name)..Too small for my taste..But the best in my opinion is Nimbasa. Quite the exciting place with all those battles :3 Music wise, Opelucid Black Version takes it for me. The doors in the Black Version of the city are cool too XD

Now Black City is a mixed bag for me..I love that I can come by everyday for battles and buying items(ESPECIALLY those Heart Scales), and the design is sweet at night. But the people in the buildings make the place so gloomy D: Selfish, spoiled or power hungry..I get the idea behind it though..

NES

Flip me to the side!
Nimbasa for the stadium, Castelia looks pretty cool too, i also like Icirrus but just because i like to go and mess with those trainers dancing in a circle, and finally Nacrene city.

Mister_SGG

-I'm sure most people would say Castelia here, and I was one of those people for a while, but the music is annoying, and there are several unnecessary buildings that make it simply too big. My favourite is Opelucid. Really bad name, but cool music, cool Gym, inside and out, and the inside of the houses are cool.
-Striaton, Nacrene, Undella, and Driftveil: I hate you.
-They are generally more populated, which is good.
-I think that Mistralton City should be bigger... sure the runway is huge, but the rest... is forgotten. Also, the eastern part of Unova is too small. MAKE IT BIGGER! PUT IN ISLANDS OR SOMETHING.
-I hope that you are allowed to choose if you want to fight Drayden or Iris.

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
^Hmm..I have to agree about Castelia City's buildings :S

I like the city's view and outer design, but it does feel like theres a-lot of unecessary space ^^;

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
This is the place where you can discuss the new cities and their designs. Here are a couple questions to get the discussion started.

Have fun, and remember don't get too rowdy! : )

-So far, I would say Nimbasa. Music-wise, I prefer Accumula; it's way to simple. Don't sue me though, I've only just reached Mistralton City.

-I'm really liking all of the cities so far. I guess Srtiaton didn't really stick out much. Other than the Dreamyard (Munna/Musharna), there's really nothing to do.

-I want to ride the Ferris Wheel again. There's always the stupid bar in front of it after you go on it the first time.

-I wonder what they'll do with Opelucid City in (Gray?). I mean, Black and White are the whole technology vs. nature thing, so I'm not sure how they're gonna' make that work.

The KKM

Radios and Crows
My favourite city... I spend a lot of time in Castelia, running around. I love it. Opelucid is also great, and I like to explore that city near Kyurem.

I'd like them to add more content to all the cities, though. More NPCs, more stuff to do post-game, etc. Safari Zone, whatever.

As for where would I live... I think Nacrene city. Arts :3

Driftveil City's probably my favourite so far, something about the oriental music I just really dig and the heart scale lady is a bonus. Also, Undella Town's music is one of my favourites, but it's so ugly and the billionaire's mansion is just an eyesore.

Like some other people, my least favourite was Castelia City. Maneuvering around the city's border was tedious and the panning of the camera was not only gimmicky, but head ache inducing. However, I did like the little cafe in the deserted street even though it doesn't have anything. It's kinda like finding an awesome little place tucked away in a huge metropolis that makes the best sandwiches you've ever had.

CombatWombat

nimbasa city is my fav. there is alot to do like musicals, amusement park, battle subway and the stadium.
least favorite has to be striaton. i dunno why but most cities are useless post game which is a shame. i originally thought castelia would take the cake as best city since it looked awesome in trailers and previews but there aint much going on in there. its just 3D eye candy.
compared to 4th gen the cities look more varied and less predictable i.e. village bridge, iccirus city, castelia etc. which is good but the cities and towns need more stuff to do. i dunno add more features.

Status
Not open for further replies.