• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black and White City Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarumakkaImposter

my haxorus evolved in oprlucid city so i like that one a whole lot more now (im playin white). i guess ie liked it ever since ive gotten to it. not a fan of the music though

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
My favorite city in Black/White is Castelia City while my least favorite city is Icirrus City. I like Castelia City the most since the music is nice and festive and the graphics there look amazing. I dislike Icirrus City because the music sounds bland and there isn't much to do there. Even though I like Castelia City, I would have liked for there to have been more stuff to do there. I think it's a great place, but why not add the Battle Subway there instead? You know, to go with the whole New York City theme.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
My favorite city would be Nimbasa City. The Stadium and Courts are there where the fans and players are kind enough to let your Pokémon beat up theirs for EXP and money. In addition the son/grandson/clone of the Legendary Top Pokémon Breeder is also here in the Battle Subway, and his way of judging potential is a great help for all breeders everywhere.

Least favorite? Accumula Town. It's not even worth a footnote, as only 1 event ever happens in this absolutely boring place, and that's at the start of the game. You'll never find yourself going back to this place on purpose.

PokeBrian

First Gen
I find myself returning to Accumula Town a bunch of times!... I need to go there to get my flying pokemon after I beat the Elite Four... Sigh. I guess not. It really sucks that Accumula really has nothing. Stration at least has the dream yard and the Day Care...
My least favorite has to be Mistralion. The constant rain there really never left a good impression and I find that Iccirus city gives me better access to Twist mountain...

For most favorite, probably Castelia, aesthetically, but utility-wise, it'd be a tie between Stration, for breeding, and Black City for training.

Meh I prefer Nimbassa to Castelia becuase I find it to be more exciting. Besides, I've never really liked NYC myself anyway.

Worst definitely has to be the small as hell Mistralton. At least Lacremosa has the gimick of the people changing positions from day to night...

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Nimbasa over Castelia, Nimbasa has a cooler gym leader, the battle subway, pokemon musicals, a TON of people to battle, and much more.

Maverik

Banned
Accumula Town has nice music, and I love the added touch with the percussion siblings in the house, but it has no special role except for Ghetsis's speech.

shrash

Pokemon Breeder 2.0
Originally posted by Charosi:
Maybe a little more to cities like Iccirus or Mistralton. A Safari Zone or something of the like near one of those cities would have been a great idea.

This.

I like Driftveil and Opelucid (white) because of the music and Nimbasa has a lot of stuff in it.

The worst is iccurus because it's too small and looks like a route.

Definitely better than IV gen because of th BGM in the towns

and the quote answers what i would want added

sonicstar

ExperiencedCollector
i think that Driftviel is the best, the music just modernises pokemon and gives it a nice tune!, also because In driftviel is the ONLY area you can find ice pokemon easily without the change of seasons =) Im with all those that think iccirus is boring because there is nothing there and you have to wait till winter to get all the items..... and there is nothing to do just go to dragon spiral tower... thats it really :(

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I f'in hate Black's Opelucid. The music and houses suck. There's nothing there either.
My favorite now is Nimbasa.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
My favourite city is Castelia because it's just huge and looks so pretty at night. I love it.

Least favourite would probably be Accumula, it was pretty boring tbh.

I think they're on a whole better than the 4th Gen.

I honestly do wish that Icirrus and Mistralton City were bigger - they don't deserve city status in my eyes because they just seem way too small, I'm pretty sure there's been bigger places in Pokémon called _____ Town.

In a remake I'd like to see a Safari Zone or something like that - to let us get more pre-5th Gen Pokémon.

Lorde

I've heard that some people would've liked to see a Safari Zone in one of the smaller towns, and I actually agree with that. Not that I like the Safari Zone very much, but I still think it would've been a nice addition to one of the "boring" towns like Icirrus City. The Moor of Icirrus would've been a perfect place for a Safari Zone if you think about it. If not Icirrus City then maybe Mistralton City since it's pretty small. I guess I just expected more from the cities in the Unova region.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I've heard that some people would've liked to see a Safari Zone in one of the smaller towns, and I actually agree with that. Not that I like the Safari Zone very much, but I still think it would've been a nice addition to one of the "boring" towns like Icirrus City. The Moor of Icirrus would've been a perfect place for a Safari Zone if you think about it. If not Icirrus City then maybe Mistralton City since it's pretty small. I guess I just expected more from the cities in the Unova region.

I second this.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

Maybe not a Safari Zone, but I do agree that there were a few towns that could have used a bit more. Especially Undella Town. It's Autumn, so no Cynthia battles, and I stupidly forgot to throw the match against Miles Rich, so I can't battle the Riches anymore, so now I only go there to sell the flute items to that Black Belt in the Riches' villa.

Mistralton's also pretty small, but at least it has something that makes it worth visiting- the move relearner and move deleter.

Anville Town, however, should at least have a Pokemon Center, or at least be flyable to!

Black City, though- gotta love that place. Especially at night when the lights on the buildings are all lit up. I love everything about that city- the look, the music, the rebattleable trainers every day, the guy who gives you a fat wad of cash for beating said trainers, the buyable evolution stones, all of it.

Nuvema and Accumula, ehh. Not much to say about these. Your basic, average hometown and second city.

Aside from the gym, Striaton's pretty bland as well.

Nacrene is pretty cool in looks, what with the warehouses being converted into homes, but aside from reviving fossils there, there's not much to do.

Castelia is too awesome for words. The ability to battle Morimoto on a daily basis also gives me reason to go there. Also digging how you actually wait on a line to buy a Casteliacone, really cool. Even cooler is that that maid near Nimbasa pays some nice cash for Casteliacones.

Speaking of Nimbasa, it's pretty sweet. Sports stadiums packed with rebattleable trainers, and the Battle Subway. Actually, it's not exactly helping that I got my rear handed to me on the WiFi train multiple times today. Word to the wise- no fooling around in Rank 2. It's serious business. I lost to two different Excadrill in Sandstorm conditions.

Driftveil doesn't have too much to do, but what it does have does keep me coming back every so often- that lady who gives you a Heart Scale if you show her a Pokemon that knows a TM move. She's half the reason I'm good on Heart Scales right now (the other half is the fact that my level 100 Teddiursa, Linoone, and Munchlax, all with Pickup, rarely leave my team).

I mainly visit Icirrus City to sell rocks and stuff to that guy in the Pokemon Center. Oddly enough, he buys every Evolution Stone except for the Leaf Stone. I've also gone there to EV train a Politoed, and gone away with a fully EV-trained Politoed and a headache. Them Stunfisk are something else.

As for Opelucid City, I rarely go there anymore. I have nothing I wish to teach Draco Meteor to, and the daily Rotation Battles don't give enough Exp. to be worthwhile.

Did I skip any? Oh, yeah, Lacunosa Town. Bleh. Nothing going on there.

Lorde

Did I skip any? Oh, yeah, Lacunosa Town. Bleh. Nothing going on there.

It's a small town with not much going for it, but I do like the legends in that town. Learning more about the Giant Chasm and Kyurem was interesting. I'm almost certain that the town only exists to give us background information on those two subjects.

Anyway, does anyone else find it ironic that there are fields in Mistralton City yet we cannot grow berries there? I just noticed that the other day and I laughed out loud when I realized that they could've easily allowed us to have a berry patch there. I mean there's nothing else there so they could've allowed us to utilize that chunk of land.

Status
Not open for further replies.