• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black and White City Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zibdas

not bad
I'm jealous of the Opelucied from black. All techno and upbeat.

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
I'm actually jealous of Whites, the music is so calm and relaxing, like something from HGSS. I also like the way the interiors are designed.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I've seen Black's Opelucid City way too often to really find it charming anymore. I still like it I guess, but I'm not blown away by it like I was a few weeks ago when I arrived there. I really wish that we could access the opposite version's Opelucid City. I heard that you could do just that by obtaining a Pokemon with Charge from the opposite version, but I already did that and nothing changed.

I<3 You

Attempting to Chain
haha tell me about it... I just closed my ds instead of turning it off and had like 100 hours before I got there, had to use my bros white to populate it

Black City / White Forest

You have to ask people in another person's White Forest to come.

But what happens if they have played the game the way it's supposed to be played (catching Pokemon on the way etc), so their Forest is also empty of people?

Does anyone know just how fast DO you have to sprint through the game to get a populated City/Forest?

I just have to say this: I am really, Really, REALLY DISAPPOINTED with Black City. It has pretty much spoiled the game for me. How many agree with me?

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
My favorite city in black and white is probably Nimbasa city because of the cool theme park. My favorite area is the white forest because it's so natural. I hate black city XP

NorthernLord

But what happens if they have played the game the way it's supposed to be played (catching Pokemon on the way etc), so their Forest is also empty of people?

Does anyone know just how fast DO you have to sprint through the game to get a populated City/Forest?

I just have to say this: I am really, Really, REALLY DISAPPOINTED with Black City. It has pretty much spoiled the game for me. How many agree with me?

I was quite disappointed too, as I had spent 80 hours on my game before I got there. Additionally I have only one friend who has white, and thus I only got like 8 inhabitants to move into the city. I think Black city reminds me a little about the horrible HGSS safari zone.
But I didn't let the disappointment spoil the game.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN

I'm not. I feel like White's Opelucid fit better, as we already had two huge cities and some small towns, it was nice to see a larger but more rustic city. Also, the music in White is better in my opinion, by far.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
my fave has to be undella town - at least i think its a town!
least fave has to be nacrene city - its very... ...bland.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
No I am not gonna ask people who have White to populate the area.
I don't want any country bumpkins in the city.
My mom is one of those so I've had enough of that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So annoyed about Black City, it's literally empty apart from a Pokemon Center just because I took too long getting there. Sorry for having a life???

Really? I thought that the city would be larger the longer it took you to get there. At least that's what I heard a long time ago. I guess this explains why my Black City was totally empty when I got there a few weeks ago. I thought that maybe I had accidently messed with the time, but I guess it was just empty since it took me a while to get there. I really dislike the whole "having-to-link-with-people-wirelessly" thing. I get that it promotes connectivity and all that good stuff, but it's still frustrating when there isn't anyone around you with another game.

*IZ*

I still dont have wild pokemon in my white forest so its pretty pointless.

trfan

The 'Weird' One
Really? I thought that the city would be larger the longer it took you to get there. At least that's what I heard a long time ago. I guess this explains why my Black City was totally empty when I got there a few weeks ago. I thought that maybe I had accidently messed with the time, but I guess it was just empty since it took me a while to get there. I really dislike the whole "having-to-link-with-people-wirelessly" thing. I get that it promotes connectivity and all that good stuff, but it's still frustrating when there isn't anyone around you with another game.

Yeah, apparently if you take a little too game just deletes everyone from the city, worst part is its intentional. Seriously, Game Freak? Seriously.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I was quite disappointed too, as I had spent 80 hours on my game before I got there. Additionally I have only one friend who has white, and thus I only got like 8 inhabitants to move into the city. I think Black city reminds me a little about the horrible HGSS safari zone.
But I didn't let the disappointment spoil the game.

At least with that, people could make without having to be on wireless. /facepalm... way to go Nintendo :D. They've outdone themselves in the worthless catagory there. How many people can people run into to fill up the forest... let's see, for a lot of us... not a lot.

Geekachu

I've visited White Forest every day to keep the people there (although I lost a- no- THE pond). However now I really can't be bothered, I've caught all the Pokemon there and the items I find on the ground are far inferior to the ones you can buy in Black City :/

I was EXTREMELY disappointed with Black City/White Forrest. I expected Black City to be as almost has lively as Castelia City, and White Forrest to be almost as vast as Viridian Forrest. I guess I was wrong

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Well, I will say that i'm a little disappointed with white forest. (Haven't been to black city yet) It seems like there would be more to do. I can't wait to get to black city because I've seen a couple videos on that and it looks interesting. But I do have Both Black and White plus two DS systems so at least i'll be able to enjoy them to their full extent. Also is it true that you can't do it over wifi but only through local wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.