• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black and White PokemonSunday Preview

NES

Flip me to the side!
They look great in that preview, Tustaaja the most, i really like it. I also like what they have done with Mijumaru, everyone called it "sad" for some reason, but in there it really looks happy.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
OOOOO Pokabu looks great, reminds me Ash's Turtwig. Hope it has that personality.

SLM

I have no idea which starter(s) Ash is going to get now. I'm hoping for Tsutaja and Mijumaru because the evolutions on the beta art look awesome. But Pokabu looks like a tough battler that suits Ash's personality, kind of like Treecko and Turtwig.

As for Pokabu being in a gym battle, yeah it's possible. But like people have said, it could be anything and anywhere, maybe even a battle between Ash and his new rival.

OOOOO Pokabu looks great, reminds me Ash's Turtwig. Hope it has that personality.

Can you elaborate it some more? I mean what personality are you talking about?

I find Mijumaru a little different than I expected. It is like Ash's Totodile or Ash's Corphish(judging by dancing) so it can fit Ash very well but at same time it can go to a coordinator too.
Tsutaja has the looks of a battler(as it looks like Treecko) and moves of a contest Pokemon so I am not sure with it. Its Grass Mixer reminds me of Treecko's Pound as the gecko practiced in the episode where Jessie caught her Seviper.
Pokabu seems to be a battler and its fire type so it will have bad*ss evolution so it can go to Ash again.
In short, each Pokemon has physical aspects to work with Ash.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I mean Turtwig's personality. I hope Pokabu has Turtwig's, you know, the leader, proud, serious pokemon, but also can get involved in the fun and jokes.

Alfonso

Derpgull
I swear, if Iris turns out to be another Coordinator...!

Another point to make to people saying that Ash gets Pokabu because it seems to be in a gym: Remember at the start of DP, when Paul took on Roark before Ash?

Yeah.

Torpoleon

Looks like a Rock-Type Gym that Pokabu is in. It doesn't reveal who is the owner of the Generation V Starters unfortunately. Pokabu always did seem to remind me of Turtwig, so maybe Ash does eventually get Pokabu. Alfonso does have a point with Pokabu.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
They look great!

Even if that is a gym battle, it's doesn't mean its Rock type, it looks more Ground type to me...

I reckon Tsutaja will go to the Rival, Ash will get Mijumaru and Iris will get Pokabu.

SLM

It definitely looks like a ground type area to me. There are no rocks shown whatsoever.

gliscor&yanmega

The anime always makes me like starter Pokemon a little more, this time is no different.

They all look cool. I'm getting all pumped up for the anime now.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I have to say they all look pretty damn good i must say

I'm imaginng Ash getting Mijumaru and Pokabu or getting all 3 again but i'd say just the other 2

Shiny pokemon lower

I think Ash will get the fire starter. Iris will probably get the water starter. The rival will probably get the water starter because of it's naughty looks or porbably the fire monkey.
I hope the it's not an other rock gym in this generation. We have had enough of them!

catzeye

Writer's Block
I hope the it's not an other rock gym in this generation. We have had enough of them!

We don't know if that's a rock gym or a gym at all! All we know that it's some kind of battlefield. Doesn't have to be gym.

I really hope Ash get's the water starter. I hope it evolves. It looks like it evolves (from what we saw in the line art leak). So there is hope!

SLM

We don't know if that's a rock gym or a gym at all! All we know that it's some kind of battlefield. Doesn't have to be gym.

I really hope Ash get's the water starter. I hope it evolves. It looks like it evolves (from what we saw in the line art leak). So there is hope!

That's what makes me think Ash will get Tsutaja as well as Mijumaru. Ash has experience with evolving grass Pokemon, and Tsutaja's evolution is also in the beta art picture right next to Mijumaru's second stage.

FlyAsADunsparce

They look great!

Even if that is a gym battle, it's doesn't mean its Rock type, it looks more Ground type to me...

I reckon Tsutaja will go to the Rival, Ash will get Mijumaru and Iris will get Pokabu.

Did you see the otter move? It's like Torchic and Piplup 2.0 Way too feminine and girly cute for Ash. If Ash gets Mijumaru, I'll be very disappointed. Tsutaja and Pokabu fit him way more. I honestly think that Iris will get Mijumaru, the girly dude gets Tsutaja (or the Paul like dude) and Ash will get Pokabu. Just seeing them move is enough.

I also noticed Tsutaja's vajayjay lol

Last edited: