• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black and White Remakes/Black and White 3 Discussion Thread (Also Gen 8 to Gen 10 possibilities)

Do you want a remake or a sequel?

• Pokemon Black and White Remakes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Pokemon Black and White 3

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So as many of you know. A lot of people are hoping for Gen 4 remakes. However some other fans are more excited for Gen 5 remakes or even more excited for HD sequels to Black and White 2 featuring a remake of the Unova region, Black and White 3. Before posting... ask yourself these questions?

• Since this is a Gen 5 Remake or HD sequel that could take place in either Gen 8 or... possibly as far back as Gen 10... what would the HD graphics be like up to this point? For example, through GTA-style graphics. Imagine Castelia City flowing with busy people and Pokemon. Now imagine the camera turning up and you see vast skyscrapers in GTA-style graphics towering over you like a cave. Imagine yourself at the park of Nimbasa City full of Sports Stadiums and Amusement Parts full of roller coasters and the Ferris wheel. Now turn the camera slowly in circles to see a good view of the people and pokemon enjoying themselves, eating Ice-Cream and pointing out fun rides, at the Sports and Entertainment city in 3D GTA-style graphics and advanced lighting effects under the night sky. Now imagine yourself at one of the massive bridges over the river. The camera turns into a photo-camera. You take a picture of yourself leaning on the bridge as a wave of steamboats and water-Pokemon cross the river. You can hear the steamboat, Pokemon, and even the river making clear sound effects through the HD rumble of your controller.
  • What do you want to see carry over from from previous games? For example, walking Pokemon?
  • Mega Evolutions and Regional Variants? New Forms for Legendaries?
  • Would 5th generation benefit more from a remake or a sequel?
  • And finally. Pokemon Black and White is an amazingly creatively-designed game. This is partly due to the fact that Pokemon Black and White is also an amazing technical achievement of it's time, or at least for the series, pushing the hardware of the DS to it's limits. Since this is most likely going to be released for, what I believe to be somewhere around the 8th to 10th generation, what technical and creative advancements would you like to see in the Black and White remakes? Pokemon with Rockstar-like graphics is not actually too far off by the 9th or 10th generation.

Gen 5 Advances and Characteristics (BW, BW2 Features)

• A quantity of 156 well-designed Pokemon, from both a casual and competitive player's perspective.
  • A region based on New York full of creatively-designed towns, cities, routes, caves, forests, and other locations with there own distinctive cultural or natural atmosphere thanks to pushing the limits of the DS hardware.
  • The introduction of the scenic camera view
  • The introduction of the season mechanic
  • Contains many memorable characters from beginning to end
  • Contains returning characters from the previous four regions, from Red to Cynthia, through the Pokemon World Tournament.
  • BW2 boasting arguably the most Post-Game Content out of any Pokemon game.
  • A strong narrative that's more comparable to JRPG's.
  • Continuing Gen 4's tradition of too many legendary Pokemon.
  • All Gen V Legendary Pokemon are encountered through story-filled events.
  • Dream world
  • Triple and Rotation Battles
  • Fairly Challenging Difficulty in Story Mode
  • Infinite-use of TMs
  • Battle Music changes depending on the situation of the battle.
  • Competitively, balanced out a lot of the problems the Gen 4 meta had by introducing a number of very strong counters to Gen 4's powercreeping problem. Garchomp wouldn't be properly countered until Gen 6 with the introduction of Fairy Types.
  • Competitively, weather wars was a dominant trend.
  • Competitively, Gen 5 dealt a huge blow to Gen 4's powercreeping by introducing hidden abilities, turning many old favorites since Gen 1 to competitively-viable powerhouses... or in a few cases, the new powercreepers lol.
  • Competitively, Landorus and Hydreigon flashbacks...
Also the reason why I put a BW-based thread under the Gen 8 thread is because not only is this a Black and White remake/sequel thread, Black and White remakes/sequel serves as a great area, and basis, to talk about the possible technical and creative advancements of Gen's 8, 9, and 10.

Last edited:

WalesNote

Pokémon Black/White 3 or Grey would be nice, perhaps featuring Kyurem fusing with both dragons and reforming the original one, Perfect Kyurem or something.

It could be a remake of BlackWhite/2 and also a sequel in the way of remaking the region and everything, having bits of the old story (gym leaders) and having new content (like B/W2).

shoz999

Pokémon Black/White 3 or Grey would be nice, perhaps featuring Kyurem fusing with both dragons and reforming the original one, Perfect Kyurem or something.

It could be a remake of BlackWhite/2 and also a sequel in the way of remaking the region and everything, having bits of the old story (gym leaders) and having new content (like B/W2).
So like Fire Emblem Mystery of The Emblem? Actually now that I think about it. A HD remake of the first two Black and White games and a new Black and White 3 game put together in one package would be awesome! But I don't think Nintendo or GameFreak would put that much resources into such a massive project no matter how much money the Pokemon brand makes.

Kage-Pikachu

That's exactly what I'm expecting from gen 8, a much more lively environment with people not just walking or twitching slightly but actively engaging with their environment and same for the Pokemon. Like the scene with Ghetsis in the beginning of Black and White, have the crowd acting more lively as he presents his speech.

And I do hope that all the legendary Pokemon have story importance, we need more showing than telling otherwise they are no different than the Electrodes in the Powerplant or Team Rocket base.

Kage-Pikachu

It'd be cool to include a time skip in the game and you play as the protagonist of the sequel and the character you picked before makes an appearance (similar to Pokemon Generations). But I could see the problems that would cause, maybe they could include a time travel feature where you can continue playing as the original protagonist (including the Pokemon caught during that time) during the Black and White segments.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Otherwise they could do something similar to ORAS where they integrated parts of Emerald into the remakes. So for a Generation 5 remake they'd basically be creating Gray Version. Kyurem would absorb whatever legendary N has and then the player character (Hilbert or Hilda) would come to help him, like in Generations.

Missingno.Fan

I think that when they remake Gen V they should have the main plot from the first games and incorporate things from the sequels. I don't want to see another sequel.

shoz999

The reason why I mentioned sequel, BW3, is because there are some questions left unanswered. F
It'd be cool to include a time skip in the game and you play as the protagonist of the sequel and the character you picked before makes an appearance (similar to Pokemon Generations). But I could see the problems that would cause, maybe they could include a time travel feature where you can continue playing as the original protagonist (including the Pokemon caught during that time) during the Black and White segments.
You mean like Save File Transfer that the Mass Effect Trilogy has? Huh... Black and White Trilogy. Trilogy sounds odd in the Pokemon series.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Yeah, I would mostly be excited to see the Original Dragon if they did B/W remakes or sequels. And now that the power creep has happened (Mega Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo, Primal Groudon/Kyogre, and Ultra Necrozma), they can finally introduce it!

Creyk

If they make a remake of these, it will be a simple remake of black and white with the content of just those games, because they know they can get away with it and people will but the games anyway. Same thing happened with ORAS.

shoz999

If they make a remake of these, it will be a simple remake of black and white with the content of just those games, because they know they can get away with it and people will but the games anyway. Same thing happened with ORAS.
I'm fine with that but you'd know what REALLY piss off Gen V fans? If they remade Black and White 2 without any of the insane amount of post-game content it has.

shoz999

HOLY ****! It just occurred to me! The World Tournament including all Gym Leaders, Elite Four Members, Pokemon Champions, and other Battle Legends up to Generation 8. THAT WOULD BE EVEN MORE INSANE THAN BW2!

You think they'd do it in a BW remake/sequel or would they just use that casual excuse again? I mean let's be honest... that excuse of not including Battle Frontier because of casuals, if you think about it, makes little sense as the casual transition argument for Pokemon Let's Go. If anything the Battle Frontier would help casuals be more interested in the hardcore side of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Creyk

HOLY ****! It just occurred to me! The World Tournament including all Gym Leaders, Elite Four Members, Pokemon Champions, and other Battle Legends up to Generation 8. THAT WOULD BE EVEN MORE INSANE THAN BW2!

You think they'd do it in a BW remake/sequel or would they just use that casual excuse again? I mean let's be honest... that excuse of not including Battle Frontier because of casuals, if you think about it, makes little sense as the casual transition argument for Pokemon Let's Go. If anything the Battle Frontier would help casuals be more interested in the hardcore side of Pokemon.

There is a 99% chance they would not include it, and say things like "smart phones. short attention spans. new generation. kids".

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It feels a bit too early for Unova remakes. The games are still able to be played on current 3DS models and you can transfer Pokémon still. The only thing that makes it hard to enjoy the games are a lack of online support and no Dream World.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion

And in what way would you say this happened with ORAS? Certainly not in that they didn't contain the Emerald plot line, given that it wasn't a sequel unlike here. Certainly not, too, that they limited content to that which was in the original games, with the plethora of new mechanics and a strong post-game plot chapter.

Game Freak skimps on post-game activities that cater to hardcore competitive players, this much we know - but not on the actual game and story content of remakes. You're spot on with your other post about them cutting the PWT though - very likely, and VERY annoying on their part.

Not that I think it's appropriate to be discussing Gen 5 remakes anyway given that we're years out from Gen 4 ones as it is.

Creyk

And in what way would you say this happened with ORAS? Certainly not in that they didn't contain the Emerald plot line, given that it wasn't a sequel unlike here. Certainly not, too, that they limited content to that which was in the original games, with the plethora of new mechanics and a strong post-game plot chapter.

Game Freak skimps on post-game activities that cater to hardcore competitive players, this much we know - but not on the actual game and story content of remakes. You're spot on with your other post about them cutting the PWT though - very likely, and VERY annoying on their part.

Not that I think it's appropriate to be discussing Gen 5 remakes anyway given that we're years out from Gen 4 ones as it is.

I was mostly salty about the fact that the team of the GYM leaders were from the original games as opposed to Emerald.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I was mostly salty about the fact that the team of the GYM leaders were from the original games as opposed to Emerald.

Eh, I don't know that I mind since it lines up with what they were making, but that would have been nice.

I'm hoping for a remake of the fifth generation, they'd take the best team a given Gym Leader would have had, if they narrow it down to one story.

Keeping Elesa's revised design is must, though.