• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Clover Discussion Thread - It's actually pretty good.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

Black Clover is about a young orphan child who inherits a power from a demon and goes out to be the very best like no one ever was. I know. Pretty crazy right? I think this is the first real story to tackle this kind of subject matter.

Okay but seriously, if you just want to sit back, laugh and have a good time. Black Clover has got you covered that honesty it's kind of funny how it started out as an anime adaptation called out for its heavy use of shonen tropes. Now it's being consistently ranked as one of the best-rated and most-viewed shows and for good reason. It's actually pretty good. If you haven't gave it a chance, I say give it a chance. So! Discuss Black Clover and remember. Beware of spoilers!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
See, that's the thing though, Black Clover is so generic there's nothing that makes it stand out from the crowd. Take Naruto, stick him in Fairy Tail, and voila, you have Black Clover.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
See, that's the thing though, Black Clover is so generic there's nothing that makes it stand out from the crowd. Take Naruto, stick him in Fairy Tail, and voila, you have Black Clover.
No. Not really. At least in my experience. It's more like... as odd as this sounds... it's like Harry Potter if he was a dumb knight that occasionally pokes fun at the shonen genre if that makes any sense lol? Like for example you have this guy Yami, Asta's Boss, who is literally just the old guy who used to be his own shonen protagonist full of shonen cliches, joking around saying "If you had give me a few seconds, I'm sure some secret power would've awakened in me by now."

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Asta wants to become the Wizard King just like Naruto wanted to become the Hokage, but unlike Naruto, Asta's parents might be normal people and not one of the former Hokages like Naruto's dad.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The beginning is highly reminiscent of both franchises you mentioned, but right when Asta goes to a mixer (no, seriously), things quickly start to get much more entertaining. Rarely will you ever see Asta doing all the work. Every character in his team proves extremely crucial in defeating enemies, and the combos they pull off are amazing. Despite him getting boosts to his power, he still needs help from the others to succeed. There's also the fact Asta isn't as dumb as he looks. People just look down on him because he's loud and the red-nosed reindeer for lacking magic.

I can't speak about Fairy Tail, but Black Clover is much better than Naruto as it doesn't beat around the bush.