• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Dawn: The Shadows Grow

Ladyumbra

... ..no comment
Black Dawn: The Shadows Grow

Madam Jeanette Carson ran a shelter in New York city. This shelter housed the homeless and runways. While it contained many normal people, the shelter was also a front for the housing of many mutants, adults and children alike who felt they had nowhere else to go. Those who were not yet old enough or ready to attend

All the inhabitants of the shelter intermingled rather peacefully and the mutants who lived there used thier powers minimaly and never in view of non mutants.

Still,just two years after the shelter had opened, it was attacked. During a midnight raid, the shelter’s windows were broken and tear gas was thrown inside. Men and women cloaked in dark clothing and armed with high tech equipment barged in and began barking orders to each other and the occupants.

The attack was short but brutal, the Shadow Soldiers as they have been dubbed, destroyed a good deal of the building and killed, wounded or stunned many of the inhabitants.

By the time the police arrived on the scene, the shadow soldiers were gone and so was anyone else alive. No inquiry was ever made about the incident. When the morning news papers appeared it had been covered up as a drug and prostitution ring-sting operation.

Madam Carson and the surviving mutants had been rescued by the X-Men after the shadow soldiers had left and been taken to the X-Mansion for medical treatment. ( The exact link between Madam Carson and the X-men in unknown. It is only known that shelter inhabitants had been sent to the mansion before and and that Madam carson was not surprised when they're resucers showed up)

This is where our story begins, you are either an original X man, a student at the X mansion or one of Miss Carson’s refuges. We must now work together to heal ourselves emotionally and physically, while bonding into a unit. For our troubles are not yet over, the shadow men will return to strike again though no one knows when or how they will attack. During the fight with the shadow men more of us will fall and be no more, and the survivors, well we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Rules
1. Don't god mod, no one's abilities are unstoppable or all powerfull. On the flip side you can't dodge or counter everything.
2. Again with the powers.I'm only accepting 2 of anything, so that means two paths, pyro's, porters etc. Created mutant abilities are acceptable if they don't seriously overlap an already existing ability
3. I am not accepting cat people I'm sorry I just can't stand to see one more person with killer claws and a cute tail that acts semi feral and semi kittenish
4. If when the time comes, we kill you, it is possible to rejoin the plot later with a new character provided they fall under certain guidelines.
5. People willing to take on one of the original X men i.e. Storm, Jean,The Prof, or Cyclops will also be granted the right to create a second character.

I will be playing Madam Carson and a mansion student who's bio I will post when I close signups so as not to limit a power from the beginning.

Signups
Name:
alias: ( If you have one)
Description: (If your character has various forms do to their mutant power include these)
Personality:
History: (Very important, you must explain the discovery of their power in this and if you’re a refugee what happened to you during the time of the attack.)
Power: (biggest acceptation/rejection point) Be reasonable people, I love creativity but off the wall powers are not going to be accepted.
Other: ( For refugees this should include anything you managed to save from the shelter)

RP sample: (optional for most but appreciated. Mandatory for those using the original X-men)