• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill™

Snowflake!
An EV spread is a spread of points that when four of them are added, 1 stat point is increased. They essentially become stronger.

They vary based on Pokémon used, what role you want your Pokémon to fill, and playstyle.

I've been hearing something about aBulky Megazard X with Will-o-wisp, could someone give me a set for that? How does it compare to physical sweeper Megazard X?

The sets on smogon forum. People should look at it more often :p

anyway:

Bulky Will-o-Wisp
########
name: Bulky Will-o-Wisp
move 1: Earthquake / Fire Punch
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Will-o-Wisp
move 4: Roost
ability: Blaze
item: Charizadite X
evs: 248 HP / 140 SDef / 120 Spd
nature: Careful Nature

A friend of mine, and one of the best players in Utah, asked a very interesting question to the Utah Pokémon failbook group. I'd like to see everyone's answer on this.

"What is the purpose of an EV spread and why do they vary?"

Think about it before you answer, please.

Depends on the role a Pokemon is trying to fill. An EV spread is meant to capitalize on a Pokemon's strengths depending on its role, or possibly allowing it to fulfill multiple roles at once. Example: Mega Charlizard Y. With 100 base speed and 159 Sp. Attack, its EVs are best used for increasing its speed and Sp. Attack in order to allow it to do more damage. In most formats, 4HP /252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed would be the way to go, making its good speed better and fantastic Sp. Attack even stronger, while 4 HP is so no EVs are wasted. But, in for example VGC, The amount of viable threats is a lot less, and 252 speed isn't needed as its biggest threat is faster than it. Since another threat, Smeargle, can outspeed it if it doesn't have any speed. Charizard can but just enought EVs to outspeed it, and but the rest into HP so it can live a little bit better. Also, sometimes EV spread are meant to survive certain attacks. 252 HP 180+ Sp. DefRotom-W can survive Mega Charizard Solarbeam, and 252 HP 44 Def can survive a Mega Mawile Play ROugh, and the rest can be dumped into Sp. Attack or Speed, allowing it do have a little extra (increased stat) in order for it to capitalize a little bit onto an extra stat.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
A friend of mine, and one of the best players in Utah, asked a very interesting question to the Utah Pokémon failbook group. I'd like to see everyone's answer on this.

"What is the purpose of an EV spread and why do they vary?"

Think about it before you answer, please.
May as well give it a shot.

The purpose of an ev spread is to capitalize on a pokemon's strengths or improve certain weaknesses. You give gengar investment in special attack and speed because its base stats excel in those areas. Sometimes, you invest in speed EVs on a slower pokemon to improve their otherwise subpar speed. EV spreads vary because of different threats and different purposes. The different Mega Charizard X spreads people have been discussing lately represent two different roles Charizard can fill: one of a sweeper, and one of a more defensive role. These differing EV spreads allow the same pokemon to fulfill different roles, depending on what a person needs them to fulfill. They can also be used to counter certain threats, and very often are designed purely to outspeed or defeat certain pokemon who also have certain EV spreads, possibly designed for the same thing, only for a different threat. It's all connected, really.

People are starting to get more active.

Maybe people remembered.....

Also it turns out that the party I have to go to is NEXT Thursday, and not this one. :D

Also, nice XAT name Zombie, but you forgot the ~ at the head of your....creation.

piplup1036

Pokémon: Sandshrew
Nickname: The fool
Amount of DD needed: 15
Amount of DD you have: 210
Amount Remaining: 195

Pokémon: Bulbasaur
Nickname: Seedston
Amount of DD needed: 25
Amount of DD you have: 195
Amount Remaining: 170

Pokémon: Ponyta (Male with flash fire ability)
Nickname: Alfred
Amount of DD needed: 0 (free as I have made 2 purchases without the use of a shelter pass)
Amount of DD you have: 170
Amount Remaining: 170

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
aniiversary-1.png~original

On this day one year ago, I submitted the first post of this Guild. Although I submitted the Guild on the 26th, It wasn't accepted util the 27th. Because of this, we'll be celebrating the Guild's anniversary today and tomorrow!

So, what are we doing? The better question is, "what aren't we doing?"

First, all points and DD earned (through battles only) today and tomorrow will be doubled.

Second, tomorrow is my payday, so I'm spreading the joy! Everyone who posts in the Guild thread five times (not counting applications or spammy posts) will be awarded five points (Lapras rank or higher) and twenty DD.

We are having our first, and probably last, multi battle tournament!
This tournament only has eight spots open, with one already being taken by The Master Chief. If you want to play in this tournament, register now.
Details can be found in the tournament thread.

cgsp.png

The second set of achievements is finally complete! Unfortunately, Snowflake didn't have the time to create them by today, so I was forced to do so. They aren't great, but they're still better than base set.

Anyone who unlocks two or more of these achievements by end of tomorrow will earn a Shelter Pass!

All achievements in the second set are Battle Achievements and will earn 30 DD.

I realize that some of these have mistakes on them. That's what happens when a blind man rushes to make art. I will fix these errors when I can, and Snowflake will make better images when he can.

wibbly_zps6649d9b2.png

Defeat a Guild member Abomasnow rank or higher using Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Celebi, and Mesprit, Azelf, or Uxie.

cowabunga_zpsa85d5c5b.png

Defeat a Guild member Abomasnow rank or higher using Blastoise, Torterra, Carracosta, Torkoal, Raticate, and Bisharp.

force_zps22e29b9d.png

Defeat a Guild member Abomasnow rank or higher without using any physical attacks.

none_zps06ae0609.png

Finish a battle against a Guild member Abomasnow rank or higher with a score of 0:0.

wrong_zps37046151.png

Defeat a Guild member Abomasnow rank or higher using Pokémon at least one tier lower than his/hers.

121_zpsa9ec2f1b.png

Defeat a Guild member Abomasnow rank or higher with all of your Pokémon knowing Thunder.

kame_zps79095701.png

Defeat a Guild member Abomasnow rank or higher only using Pokémon that can Mega Evolve (Mega must be currently released).

rollout_zpsb81f9a6c.png

Defeat a Guild member Abomasnow rank or higher only using Pokémon that have different formes; Ditto and Zoroark may also be used.

fusrodah_zps51d71356.png

Defeat a Guild member Abomasnow rank or higher only using Dragon types.

unity_zpsc2866997.png

Defeat a Guild member Abomasnow rank or higher using a Fire type, Water type, Ice type, Flying type, Ground type, and Rock type (may not combine types).

We may end up doing more, so be sure to check back!​

Last edited:

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Do these count for custom battles. And All Rotom team can fulfill, like, three of these at once

No. You can use whatever tier you want as long as your team qualifies, your opponent is Abomasnow or higher, and your opponent doesn't throw the match.
Good luck winning with an all Rotom team. :p

Overkill™

Snowflake!
Do I need to post replays of achievment battles? Cus I just did "may the force bw ith you" :)

Username: OverkillTM
Opponent(s): Combo
Partner (if multi): none
Battle Type: OU singles
Victor: Overkill
Score: 4-0

I used my rain team w/ only special attacks.

Edit: NVM, abomasnow or higher ._. I fail at life. I probably cant even normally win form a bomasnow or higher ranked person xd

Last edited:

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Do I need to post replays of achievment battles? Cus I just did "may the force bw ith you" :)

Username: OverkillTM
Opponent(s): Combo
Partner (if multi): none
Battle Type: OU singles
Victor: Overkill
Score: 4-0

I used my rain team w/ only special attacks.

Edit: NVM, abomasnow or higher ._. I fail at life. I probably cant even normally win form a bomasnow or higher ranked person xd

For any achievement that would require proof of your team, you must post a replay. However, for any normal battle you shouldn't post a replay.

In other news, I completely forgot there was league today, so I will not be on the chat. I also made plans to play Mario Kart 8 with a friend tomorrow. Enjoy the anniversary without me. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.