• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Thanks for the welcome I enjoy battling and creating fun sets to use.:)

icyscorpion

Shiny-Hunter
Username: icyscorpion
3DS Friend code: 3368-1942-5753
PS Username: icyscorpion
Who recommended you to this Guild: No one,actually.

Erm,I'm not a great battler,or a breeder, but I can acquire some rare Pokemon,if needed.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Username: icyscorpion
3DS Friend code: 3368-1942-5753
PS Username: icyscorpion
Who recommended you to this Guild: No one,actually.

Erm,I'm not a great battler,or a breeder, but I can acquire some rare Pokemon,if needed.

Welcome to Black Ice! Accepted

Had you joined even one minute later, I wouldn't have seen your post until I got home from work. Remind me to add you to the OP later. I don't have time right now.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Wow another member added :D
Please don't spam. Anything that does not relate to competitive battling or the Guild issues/events/whatever is considered spam.

Everyone in the Guild needs to cut back on spamming. Preferably by 100%.

Because that contributes to competitive Pokémon.

Vader, is there a deadline for our multi teams? I asked this before, and I don't believe I got a response. Also, y the hate on Mega Chicken in doubles? lel
Whenever Chief and I can have a discussion about it... Soon.

Razor Wind

The Heartless Absol
Well Razor Wind, I joined the guild a month ago.

X and Y are actually my first games of me being really competitive, I would battle online in other games from time to time but this is the first gen that I understand EVs and nature.

Speaking of EVs, you sound pretty experienced razor wind, even though you left the guild for a long time, do you think this is a good EV spread for my defensive ferrothorn? it already has 252 HP, but the other stats I haven't trained yet since I'm wondering if they are good

252 HP/ 128 Defense/ 128 Special Defense

I WAS experienced back in BW/BW2, but my skills have become rusty and it's been a really long time since I actually battled competitively. For the EV spread, I guess it could depend on which set you wanna use as well as its movesets.
The spread you gave actually have balance in both the defenses as Ferrothorn is meant to be a defensive stall. According to Smogon, the "standard defensive set" of Ferro is "252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD", but still, with dark and ghost now going through Steel type defenses, Ferro might need a balance in its defenses, so the spread you provided could actually work well. Then again, I have minimal battling experience at the moment since, like I said, I became rusty after almost one year of not competitive battling at all. My analysis could be flawed, but it's just my opinion.

EDIT:

Just defeated Otakugamer 2-0 on Showdown. It was a really interesting and close match. Thank God I had my favourite Mega and its OP STAB move (luckily combined with crit) to destroy everything else :3

Last edited:
Just defeated Otakugamer 2-0 on Showdown. It was a really interesting and close match. Thank God I had my favourite Mega and its OP STAB move (luckily combined with crit) to destroy everything else :3

Don't forget to use the battle form, otherwise your battle will not count for points/wins and you will be unable to rank up. I believe the form is in the third post somewhere.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Can't join the chat cause of the fact I'm using my phone and doing it don't seem to on my tablet also so I have to find another way to setup battles.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Can't join the chat cause of the fact I'm using my phone and doing it don't seem to on my tablet also so I have to find another way to setup battles.

There is a way to use Xat on your phone. Young Xehanort often does it. Talk to him about it. Or Google it. Google usually works.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Username: Pichu47
3DS Friend code: 0087-2308-4810
PS Username: Beast Font
Who recommended you to this Guild? If you're talking about the original BIC then Jesusfreak94 but that was like 5 years ago so i'm not sure if that counts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.