• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
Pokemon bank time!

Well guys, I just found out a sad little tidbit about myself. I don't think I know Type Matchups as well as I thought. I mean, I know the basic ones, but I don't understand dual types. Why is it that sometimes a Pokemon that has two types (one that takes x2 damage from a move and another that takes 1/2) takes x2 damage from the move, sometimes neutral, and sometimes 1/2? How do they decide which it is? Or am I just imagining things?
the variance in damage taken is all due to the damage roll referring to min/max damage, other than that as roto said it will always be a neutral hit

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Just placed 2nd in a 16-man OU tourney on smogon again. Lost 0-2 in the finals. Getting soooo close! This new team I made should be ready for the RMT section now.

EDIT: (To keep from double posting)

Username: Slugger57
Opponent(s): SUPERSAIYANALEX
Partner (if multi) N/A
Battle Type: Singles, OU.
Victor: Slugger57
Score: 6-0

Here's the link in case it's needed. http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-89168738

EDIT 2: (Not much activiry to space out my posts XD)

THE DROUGHT IS OVAH!!! I finally won a 16 man OU tourney!!! http://challonge.com/pk4rrncw A really small achievement I know, but one that's pretty big for me.

Last edited:

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
3ob2.png

Terra Force VS Quilavaflare
Rapidgator VS Piplup1036

rotomotorz VS Dumbness

Get your battles done by the end of the week or the tournament will be cancelled.​

Note: Do NOT discuss the tournament here.

3ob2.png

Terra Force VS Quilavaflare
Rapidgator VS Piplup1036

rotomotorz VS Dumbness

Get your battles done by the end of the week or the tournament will be cancelled.​

Note: Do NOT discuss the tournament here.

Ugh, I saw Dumbness on the xat but I was too busy to battle...by the time I was done he left :(

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I also have info on next gen. Pokemon. ... any way hey slugger great job man

Don't double post. If you have something else to add, just edit your first post.

Feel free to join us on the chat. It isn't very active at the moment, but it should be within the next hour or so.

Quilavaflare

Must protect baby frens

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
8cn5.png

XY OU Poema
XY OU Rapid
XY LC Piplup
BW2 OU
RBY OU

I'm not entirely sure if that's accurate.
I can play if need be, but my BW team was awful, so I'm not doing that.

If you want to try out for one of the available spots (or if there's an error in the roster), let me know. I'll be online most of tomorrow.​

Status
Not open for further replies.