• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPERSAIYANALEX

KEEPER OF TORAH
will be on later tonight, anybody want to do a multi battle tonight?

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
will be on later tonight, anybody want to do a multi battle tonight?

Im still trying to rank up, so if I stay in my cousins house, than yeah I will be on. If not, then no. I will hop on the xat to clarify though.

Username: FlareBlitz3000
Opponent(s): TogepiPunches
Partner (if multi)
Battle Type: XY Battle Spot Singles
Victor: FlareBlitz3000
Score: 1-0

Last edited:

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
easterevent_zpsc2573ebf.png

There are only three hours left and no one has guessed.
It's impossible to guess incorrectly for the current type, Ice, so why is no one guessing? There's plenty of DD to be earned from this.​

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Username: FlareBlitz3000
Opponent(s): Poema
Partner (if multi)
Battle Type: XY OU Singles
Victor: Poema
Score: 3-0

Last edited:

SUPERSAIYANALEX

KEEPER OF TORAH
Username: SUPERSAIYANALEX
Opponent:VAder & FlareBlitz3000
Partner: Poema (aka jeff)
Battle Type: XY Batman Doubles
Victor:Alex and Poema
Score: 1-0

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
easterevent_zpsc2573ebf.png

I'm really disappointed in all of you...
The three Pokémon were Kyurem, Mamoswime, and Weavile.
These three, along with Cloyster, are the only Ice types with more than 1% usage, so it was impossible to guess wrong.

The results are:
Flare 10
Poema 1
JC 1

I'm not going to give any bonus, due to lack of participation.

We're not going to have another event until July (unless there's a big holiday in other countries?), so that gives Chief and I some time to actually think of an event.

We are going to have a tournament sometime next month. Chief and I are still working out the details.​

I didn't have enough time on the computer the guess the obvious Ice Pokemons I'm sowwy x( Also, may I suggest a VGC style tournament?

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I didn't have enough time on the computer the guess the obvious Ice Pokemons I'm sowwy x( Also, may I suggest a VGC style tournament?

I don't think there's enough interest in VGC. If there is, then we can have a tournament. Probably around the time of Worlds, if not later. We've already decided the format for this tournament, we just need to work on a few details.

Joshua O'Donnell

The Pokemon Trainer
I don't think there's enough interest in VGC. If there is, then we can have a tournament. Probably around the time of Worlds, if not later. We've already decided the format for this tournament, we just need to work on a few details.

wynaut Smogon Doubles rules? I personally no like the "bring 6 pick 4" setting and there is not Dark Void, Evasion and Moody (and more pokes since right now are Kalos only in VGC), but well let's hope that the next tour no be haxxy as the last one XD.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
3ob2.png

Chief and I have decided to make a few changes.

The first change is to the "noob" ranks.
Before, they required three victories for Spheal, five for Carvanha, and seven for Lapras. Now they require one, three, and five, respectively. However, the people you battle must be of an equal or higher rank than you.

The second change will be to the Black Ice Market and Katfé. Chief will announce these changes when he is ready.

We may make other changes in the near future.​

The Master Chief

3ob2.png

First and foremost the Katfe is being abolished with the BIM being revamped completely. Effective IMMEDIATELY. To enhance the BIM we decided to let our members make a profit for themselves. Members are now allowed buy and create their own shops! They pick whatever name they want (must be approved by both Vader and me) and have their own banner. To simplify things i decided to list the details:

A member can purchase a shop for them to own.
A Shop costs 1000 DD. (Plus 100 more per rank higher than lapras)
-They start as a Lv 1 Shop and can sell a maximum of 3 items and can charge up to 300 DD. (if Vader or I feels if it is unreasonable we will give you only 2 chances to correct so. Failure to do so will result in automatic price drop. Repetition of this offense will result in punishment.)
-They can Lv up to Lv 2 for 3000 DD and can sell up to 5 items and charge up to 500 DD.
-Lv 3 (the max lv) costs 5000 DD and they can sell up to 7 items and charge up to 1000 DD.
-Once they have a shop they can either buy ownership to already existant items that was previously sold in the BIM or Katfe for their original price or create their own (must consult with Vader or me first).
-Once you own an item you can alter the price, name, or even the effect.
-Members can also buy ownership to other member's items and shops. (they have to negotiate that between themselves and inform us)
-However, to keep things interesting at the beginning of each month the shops have to pay a "tax" to keep their shop open.
-Lv 1s tax are 50DD. Lv 2s tax are 100 DD, lv 3s tax are 150DD.
-Failure to pay tax result in an "Avalanche". An Avalanche causes you to lose your shop.
-Any items that were in an Avalanched shop or The BIM/Katfe go in Kyurem's Cave.
-All items in the Cave will be available for purchase to all owners for their own shop.
-Members can name their own shop and have their own banner (Of course we must approve everything to keep things appropriate, fair, and balanced)

Now on a different note I, The Master Chief, will have an INVITE ONLY tournament every 2 months. Each week during that chosen month i will have a mini-event. These events award Chief Points. (Cp) CP will be used for invintations to TMC's Tourney of Champs. The top 4 members with the highest amount of CP will get invites. If one shall decline the next highes ranked member gets one and so on. During non tourney months cp is awarded for doing reg battles. Formula:

1-0: 1 Cp
2-0: 2 Cp
and so on.

Tourney Months are:

January*
March
May
July**
September
November

* = Has a month exclusive award
** = Has a month exclusive award
Months with asterisk(s) mean the participant cap is 8

Rewards:

Free Shelter Pass
Shop Upgrade*
-Upgrades shop by 1
Instant Rank up**
-Ranks you up instantly 1 Lv
1000+ DD
100+ points

Hope you guys like the new changes and i hope you are enjoying your time with Black Ice :) (ANY IDEAS FOR MINI-EVENTS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED :D)

~The Master Chief​

Last edited:
3ob2.png

First and foremost the Katfe is being abolished with the BIM being revamped completely. Effective IMMEDIATELY. To enhance the BIM we decided to let our members make a profit for themselves. Members are now allowed buy and create their own shops! They pick whatever name they want (must be approved by both Vader and me) and have their own banner. To simplify things i decided to list the details:

A member can purchase a shop for them to own.
A Shop costs 1000 DD. (Plus 100 more per rank higher than lapras)
-They start as a Lv 1 Shop and can sell a maximum of 3 items and can charge up to 300 DD. (if Vader or I feels if it is unreasonable we will give you only 2 chances to correct so. Failure to do so will result in automatic price drop. Repetition of this offense will result in punishment.)
-They can Lv up to Lv 2 for 3000 DD and can sell up to 5 items and charge up to 500 DD.
-Lv 3 (the max lv) costs 5000 DD and they can sell up to 7 items and charge up to 1000 DD.
-Once they have a shop they can either buy ownership to already existant items that was previously sold in the BIM or Katfe for their original price or create their own (must consult with Vader or me first).
-Once you own an item you can alter the price, name, or even the effect.
-Members can also buy ownership to other member's items and shops. (they have to negotiate that between themselves and inform us)
-However, to keep things interesting at the beginning of each month the shops have to pay a "tax" to keep their shop open.
-Lv 1s tax are 50DD. Lv 2s tax are 100 DD, lv 3s tax are 150DD.
-Failure to pay tax result in an "Avalanche". An Avalanche causes you to lose your shop.
-Any items that were in an Avalanched shop or The BIM/Katfe go in Kyurem's Cave.
-All items in the Cave will be available for purchase to all owners for their own shop.
-Members can name their own shop and have their own banner (Of course we must approve everything to keep things appropriate, fair, and balanced)

Now on a different note I, The Master Chief, will have an INVITE ONLY tournament every 2 months. Each week during that chosen month i will have a mini-event. These events award Chief Points. (Cp) CP will be used for invintations to TMC's Tourney of Champs. The top 4 members with the highest amount of CP will get invites. If one shall decline the next highes ranked member gets one and so on. During non tourney months cp is awarded for doing reg battles. Formula:

1-0: 1 Cp
2-0: 2 Cp
and so on.

Tourney Months are:

January*
March
May
July**
September
November

* = Has a month exclusive award
** = Has a month exclusive award
Months with asterisk(s) mean the participant cap is 8

Rewards:

Free Shelter Pass
Shop Upgrade*
-Upgrades shop by 1
Instant Rank up**
-Ranks you up instantly 1 Lv
1000+ DD
100+ points

Hope you guys like the new changes and i hope you are enjoying your time with Black Ice :) (ANY IDEAS FOR MINI-EVENTS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED :D)

~The Master Chief​

A couple of questions:
1) When you say a member-owned shop can sell three items, does this mean they can sell three different items?
2) Can shop owners change stock and how?
3) Can Pokemon be the stock of a player-owned shop?
4) The items that you create, can they influence DD, points, Cp, or any combination of the three of buyers? And what is a general guideline as to how much you can influence DD, points, or Cp?
5) How much does it cost to buy/create an item?

Thanks! :D

The Master Chief

A couple of questions:
1) When you say a member-owned shop can sell three items, does this mean they can sell three different items?
3 diff items
2) Can shop owners change stock and how?
stock is unlimited, you may change what you sell but if you do you must inform vader or me and the former item goes to cave
3) Can Pokemon be the stock of a player-owned shop?
nope. the shelter would be useless then. This might cchange though but it's fairly new so no for now.
4) The items that you create, can they influence DD, points, Cp, or any combination of the three of buyers? And what is a general guideline as to how much you can influence DD, points, or Cp?
yes. whatever you create must go through me and vader so if it seems unreasonable we will notify you before it's official. Just use your best judgement. If it seems really good then make it to where you can't buy multiples so easily (like sludge bomb for example)
5) How much does it cost to buy/create an item?
To buy an existant item the price is what the item was being sold for. (example: to own the sludge bomb you have to pay 500 DD) creating one is free but must be approved.
Thanks! :D

Glad to help

Respones are in quote and bolded.

EDIT: i'm on xat for 15min or so. Just putting that out there. To add on to Q3: you may sell in-game items but not pokemon.

Last edited:

Poema

Experienced Trainer
Username: Poema
Opponent(s): Rapidgator
Partner (if multi): -
Battle Type: XY OU
Victor: Poema
Score: 2-0

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
3ob2.png

We decided we're going to change the amount of DD earned through battles. You will earn one DD for each Pokémon remaining.
Yes, we are making it harder to earn DD.

If you want some easy DD, we have achievements. Many of which haven't been unlocked by anyone.

The second set of achievements, which are all battle achievements, will be introduced sometime this summer, or whenever Snowflake has time to make userbars/banners for them. Whichever comes first.​

Overkill™

Snowflake!
3ob2.png

We decided we're going to change the amount of DD earned through battles. You will earn one DD for each Pokémon remaining.
Yes, we are making it harder to earn DD.

If you want some easy DD, we have achievements. Many of which haven't been unlocked by anyone.

The second set of achievements, which are all battle achievements, will be introduced sometime this summer, or whenever Snowflake has time to make userbars/banners for them. Whichever comes first.​

dont count on me yet xD. stll got huge amount of work to do to fix the white borders. anyway, i might take a shop if i can think of some cool items.

I'm also thinking of a project so massive it probbly wont work lol. i dreamt abou it the other night and theidea itself is amazing. willl work it out and then propose it. if it works it'll be the best thing ever.

post 2:

I wana buy a lvl 1 shop! it'll cost me 2300 because I'm god rank lol.

So for the first item, need aprovel of vader and MC.

Item:
-Fruit Smoothie Deluxe
·Price: 200DD
·Effect: You recover any points you may have lost today from items. When bought, this item can be stored for later use.

(The people owning a deluxe fruit smoothie will be in a spoiler in my shop)

Sounds good? This item people can buy to cover themselves in if they are afraid of bombs and such.

also, I'll apply for mod (you need for chatt right?) I havent been active too much on chatt but willing to pick it up for the clan. I'm in here quite long and am mature enough to handle such power. Also im the main artist wich makes me a badass by default hehe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.