• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Username: Fabulous Ampharos(Used to be IDHD)
3DS Friend code: 0791-2498-1375
PS Username: AmphyLight
Who recommended you to this Guild? Myself

I play NU,RU, and LC tiers.
I haven't played in months, but I'm getting back into it at a fair pace.
If you need any breeders, I'm willing to do it ^^
When did you change your name?
Accepted

Aegislash has been put in Ubers.
It can't be used in OU, I already tried.
Thoughts?
I never planned on using Aegislash, but I don't think it's broken. Let's just ban everything that's a threat.
Amoonguss is bulky with Regenerator and access to Spore. Ban it.
Talonflame has priority Brave Bird. Ban it.
Fairies are immune to Dragon. Ban them all.
Quagsire doesn't care about your Swords Dance. Ban it.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Smogon did that. They've banned other things for stupid reasons.

SUPERSAIYANALEX

KEEPER OF TORAH
Username: SUPERSAIYANALEX
Opponent(s): swagmonster
Partner (if multi)
Battle Type: XY OU
Victor: SUPERSAIYANALEX
Score: 4-0

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-147894534

i find it to be absurd that they would put aegislash in ubers, it really doesn't stand a chance. especially with arceus around every corner

Last edited:

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Aegislash has been put in Ubers.
It can't be used in OU, I already tried.
Thoughts?

Aegislash did nothing wrong and it shouldn't have been banned. With it banned powerful stallbreakers such as Mega Heracross, Mega Medicham, and Mega Gardevoir will greatly increase in viability to the point where stall will become nearly impossible to play with these monsters running around OU.

I hate to spoil the surprise but Mega Mawile is most likely the next suspect test.

Activity Post.

Aegislash did nothing to be banned, it was mostly people thinking it was overpowered due to the ability to switch between offensive and defensive and thus able to play both at once. Clearly Pokemon cannont be a game of Rock Paper Scissors and Aegislash makes it one, therefore Aegislash is unhealthy to the metagame. Change just isn't welcome in Smogon anymore and they've just started banning good Pokemon from Gen VI. Soon it'll just be Gen V again.

Also Terra Force come to VGCs I'll be there!(Not participating in LCQ though :( ) And hopefully I'll be able to record my time there and have Vader post it on the channel :D

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
When did you change your name?
Accepted

MOnths ago actually.
Before I went on my long hiatus.

I don't play OU, but I know the Aegislash isn't Uber worthy imo.

Does anyone here play lower tiers ?

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
absolutely destroyed that peasant "SUPERSAIYANALEX"
replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-147916344
i'm a god.

Your link doesn't work. Get 10 posts in places where posts actually count and try again.

MOnths ago actually.
Before I went on my long hiatus.

I play UU.

Last edited:
Copy and paste. Ez fix, pal.

You sassing us, m8?

Seriously though, no need to be really aggressive.

Love the discussion, and I agree that Aegislash did nothing wrong to be banned. Even I as a mediocre player had noreal issues with it. Let us savor our holy lord, keldeo, for surviving the Smogon ban execution. Ubers has become too broad, we may need another tier. Also, everything that Vader said that Smogon might ban, I agree with banning them all.

Yayyyyyyy, IDHD is back. Missed ya buddy.

Last edited:

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt

How could you know if aegislash is Uber worthy or ban-worthy if you say that you don't play OU, or Ubers? Unless you've played OU and played against Aegislash a decent amount you shouldn't just shout out a random opinion with no real base other than knowing what others are saying and what Aegislash's stats/moves/ability are. Welcome btw.

His ability to switch between defense and offense can be pretty OP considering it essentially gives him stats of 150 in (Sp)attack and (Sp)defense when he needed them. I'm not sure that it was good enough for him to deserve to be banned but there were some understandable reasons. I won't miss him.

And rotom im not actually gonna go but I'll probably just watch the stream.

Last edited:

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
How could you know if aegislash is Uber worthy or ban-worthy if you say that you don't play OU, or Ubers? Unless you've played OU and played against Aegislash a decent amount you shouldn't just shout out a random opinion with no real base other than knowing what others are saying and what Aegislash's stats/moves/ability are. Welcome btw.

His ability to switch between defense and offense can be pretty OP considering it essentially gives him stats of 150 in (Sp)attack and (Sp)defense when he needed them. I'm not sure that it was good enough for him to deserve to be banned but there were some understandable reasons. I won't miss him.

And rotom im not actually gonna go but I'll probably just watch the stream.

Well,I have seen OU battles before XD
And I've seen Aegislash at work.

Last time I played OU was in early BW1.
Then in BW2,I got into the NU tier.

Sorry about the inactivity guys! I am going to try to get back into competitive battling once again.
You left the guild. You'll have to rejoin.
Well,I have seen OU battles before XD
And I've seen Aegislash at work.

Last time I played OU was in early BW1.
Then in BW2,I got into the NU tier.
Yeah, I battled you back in BW OU. Man, those were fun. I still have the YouTube video of our OU battle on my channel

Sc0rpyon1

Why Rito, Why?
Modest zapdos 31/x/x/31/31/31.
Do you think i get more than that?

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Oh, ok!

Username: Fossildude747
3DS Friend code: 2165-6624-1567
PS Username: Fossildude747
Who recommended you to this Guild: Me, I am rejoining.

So do I have to start from poochyena again?

Oh, ok!

Username: Fossildude747
3DS Friend code: 2165-6624-1567
PS Username: Fossildude747
Who recommended you to this Guild: Me, I am rejoining.

So do I have to start from poochyena again?
I think you do, but we'll se Vader's response for confirmation.

ADAMANT MEGA PINSIR/MEGA HERACROSS EVENT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Can you SR events for IVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.