• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Well I was also planning to add ferrothorn as defensive. Would half defensive and half offensive work well?

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Well I was also planning to add ferrothorn as defensive. Would half defensive and half offensive work well?
Well, first of all, don't take my opinion as law, as I probably have less experience than you at teambuilding.
HOWEVER as mentioned before it is too much physical offensive pressure. If it is half offensive, then your entire team is physical attackers and defensive pokemon. A good physical wall would be deadly.

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-xy-ou-suspect-testing-round-6-wrecking-ball.3514144/

Thoughts on this?

Unlike Aegislash I think Mega Mawile deserves the ban. Huge Power gives it an equivalent of a base 259 attack. 50/125/95 bulk with Intimidate pre-mega and scaring out many Pokemon by flexing the CHOMPERS gives it an easy time setting up a SD or Sub. Landorus-T, one of Mawile's better checks still takes over 70% from Mawile's -1 Play Rough if Landorus is the Scarf variant. Heatran gets blasted by SubPunch.If it gets banned my only regret is that I won't be able to use the Shiny Mawile I have on my cartridge game. Shiny Mega Mawile looks nice.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-xy-ou-suspect-testing-round-6-wrecking-ball.3514144/

Thoughts on this?

Unlike Aegislash I think Mega Mawile deserves the ban. Huge Power gives it an equivalent of a base 259 attack. 50/125/95 bulk with Intimidate pre-mega and scaring out many Pokemon by flexing the CHOMPERS gives it an easy time setting up a SD or Sub. Landorus-T, one of Mawile's better checks still takes over 70% from Mawile's -1 Play Rough if Landorus is the Scarf variant. Heatran gets blasted by SubPunch.If it gets banned my only regret is that I won't be able to use the Shiny Mawile I have on my cartridge game. Shiny Mega Mawile looks nice.
I see Zapdos and Landorus-I working really well against Mega Mawile. I disagree with the ban, but I don't use it anyway. It's one less powerful sweeper to worry about, so I'm indifferent.

Good Mega Heracross set? I'm really hyped for the upcoming events. And just in case no one looks at Serebii news, PokeBall Pattern Vivilion Wifi Event until August 12th! Everyone get it now!

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
So should I take out tyrannitar or azumarill? I'm thinking azumarill. Also charizard can't have tough claws, or are you talking about when he mega evolves?

EDIT: I tried mega charizard x out in some battles on pokemon stadium and he doesn't work well for me. I'll just stick with tyrannitar and azumarill

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
And just in case no one looks at Serebii news, PokeBall Pattern Vivilion Wifi Event until August 12th! Everyone get it now!
I'm going to soft-reset for the first time ever. Is it possible to get event pokemon shiny?
Also, I think... ban. No reason really, I just think that it's OP.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
I kinda forgot some EV training things as well. I plan on using hordes and using the special items to increase the amount I gain. So I would get 25 EVs per horde battle with those statistics right? Sorry it's been a few month since I played but I'm back now.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
I'm going to soft-reset for the first time ever. Is it possible to get event pokemon shiny?
Also, I think... ban. No reason really, I just think that it's OP.

No, event pokemon can't be shiny (for the most part).

As far as Mawile goes, I don't think it deserves a ban.

Also, I think hyper offense teams can work with all physical or all special attackers as long as you prepare with counters for common physical walls.

Last edited:

SUPERSAIYANALEX

KEEPER OF TORAH
Username: SUPERSAIYANALEX
Opponent(s):King Infernape the III
Battle Type:OU
Victor:SUPERSAIYANALEX
Score: 1-0

after all this banning garbage from smogon, i see no point in OU as it is becoming more of a whiner fest than anything. i'm going to focus on VGC.

Username: Young Xehanort
Opponent(s): King Infernape The III
Battle Type: OU War Team League Battle Best of 3
Victor: Young Xehanort
Score: 3-0, 3-0

Still going strong, holy shizzles

Overkill™

Snowflake!
As mentioned earlier, I already mentionef why he deserves a ban. To easy to set up sub or SD with yo much raw power. Not to mention it's amazing typing and stab and acces to sucker punch. Yes it does hae a few solid counters. But if you're forced to run a specific counter for 1 poke, its broken. Anyway I want mefa mawile banned. Was kinda indifferent about eagis. But mawile, bye bye :p.

also at combo, you always thought yoyrself as a bad player but your practising more then most. Thus you'll become stronger then most. Grats on the wins and good luck everybody! :)

Opponent(s):SUPERSAIYANALEX
Battle Type: XY OU

gg alex, priority 4 lyfe

Also Overkill, I'm just getting really lucky, usually with parahax. Prankster Thundurus is fun :D Crocune still wants to Rest with Sleep Talk :(

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
hey guys i shall ne on the entire day. so if you would like a wifi battle just pm me your fc.i gotta go right now but i should be back in a hour so yeah.

I also need a Mega Hercaross set, Smogon says as a bulky attacker or something of the sort. I'd prefer a full speed full attack physical wall breaker, but I couldn't really find anything. I'll also need help IV breeding, since I want my event Heracross to have 5 IVs.

Overkill™

Snowflake!
Opponent(s):SUPERSAIYANALEX
Battle Type: XY OU

gg alex, priority 4 lyfe

Also Overkill, I'm just getting really lucky, usually with parahax. Prankster Thundurus is fun :D Crocune still wants to Rest with Sleep Talk :(

Para hax aint just luck. Parahax is pretty reliable hax and thus no mere "luck" you're probably just getting better :)

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Guys I've been thinking, and do you think a competitive ditto would be good with 252 hp and 252 speed. With the speed it could pull off transform before the opponent attacks and the hp could keep it from dying in one hit. Think it would be a good addition?

So far I plan to use belly drum azumarill, dragon dance tyrannitar, ferrothorn, mandibuzz and possibly that ditto. I will lits the movesets later but here's the one that's complete:

Azumarill@ Sitrus Berry
Nature: Adament
Ability: Huge Power
252 Atk/ 252 spe/ 4 hp
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Superpower
-Play rough

Guys I've been thinking, and do you think a competitive ditto would be good with 252 hp and 252 speed. With the speed it could pull off transform before the opponent attacks and the hp could keep it from dying in one hit. Think it would be a good addition?

So far I plan to use belly drum azumarill, dragon dance tyrannitar, ferrothorn, mandibuzz and possibly that ditto. I will lits the movesets later but here's the one that's complete:

Azumarill@ Sitrus Berry
Nature: Adament
Ability: Huge Power
252 Atk/ 252 spe/ 4 hp
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Superpower
-Play rough
Is Superpower needed or applying any coverage? I understand it takes out steel types, but maybe Waterfall would be better instead of Superpower. That's what I think anyway.

Ditto is a decent Pokémon, but I think other Pokémon would be better. Maybe another Physical Wall and a Special Attacker to round out your team.

Will be available for War Team League matches, still undefeated c:< Probably will be defeated by Terra and Flare though.

Opponent(s): draco star 98
Battle Type: XY OU War Team League Best of 3
Score: 1-0, 1-0

Still undefeated, fountain drinks ftw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.