• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
I'm pretty sure every guild is Smogon based, otherwise there would be no wars

Oh, well then guess I will just have to battle competitive without a guild, I don't think I could run a guild plus I think guilds are forced to be smogon based. Yep smogon ruins my experience once again, sigh.

Oh, well then guess I will just have to battle competitive without a guild, I don't think I could run a guild plus I think guilds are forced to be smogon based. Yep smogon ruins my experience once again, sigh.

We're making a huge VGC bang with the Senior World Champion Nikolai Zielinski joining the Guild, don't fall to Smogon just yet!

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
We're making a huge VGC bang with the Senior World Champion Nikolai Zielinski joining the Guild, don't fall to Smogon just yet!

Yeah I saw his post, that's actually very amazing that he's joining. But the thing I hate about smogon is the tiers, they have some good sets I admit but I hate that I can't use a certain pokemon in a guild because smogon says its banned, I understand legendaries but smogon should make some sets to get around a certain pokemon, not just ban it completely. Plus I like to make my own sets and stuff, I use some smogon sets but barely. I like to use what pokemon I want regardless of if they are banned on smogon. I have no problem with people that use smogon, but it's just not my type of thing.

Yeah I saw his post, that's actually very amazing that he's joining. But the thing I hate about smogon is the tiers, they have some good sets I admit but I hate that I can't use a certain pokemon in a guild because smogon says its banned, I understand legendaries but smogon should make some sets to get around a certain pokemon, not just ban it completely. Plus I like to make my own sets and stuff, I use some smogon sets but barely. I like to use what pokemon I want regardless of if they are banned on smogon. I have no problem with people that use smogon, but it's just not my type of thing.

I literally just said VGC. The official rules made by the Pokemon Company, only bans the mascot legendaries, event legendaries, and Mewtwo. Or in the case of the current VGC season, it also bans any Pokemon that's not in the Kalos dex or that has not been bred in Kalos.

Smogon doesn't control all of Pokemon, give VGC a try. We all are (except Jeff, his heart will forever stay to OU)

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Ya, down to smogon sets.
You could always Battle Spot, do PS Custom Game, or battle with us normally.
I don't understand why you want to leave, though.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Well I actually love VGC rules, so maybe I will join considering that. I just thought that this guild was only be smogon, that's why I wanted to quit. Everytime I asked if one of my pokemon's moveset was good all I would get was...

Well smogon says that these EV's should be used in stead.
Well smogon says this move would be better.
Well smogon says...

It was all smogon and I couldn't get a real answer if my creative set was good, all I got was what smogon says. So that's why it seemed largely smogon based. I never went on the smogon website but if they have guilds I don't get why people don't go make their smogon guilds over there if there are any guilds there. If not I understand.

Well I actually love VGC rules, so maybe I will join considering that. I just thought that this guild was only be smogon, that's why I wanted to quit. Everytime I asked if one of my pokemon's moveset was good all I would get was...

Well smogon says that these EV's should be used in stead.
Well smogon says this move would be better.
Well smogon says...

It was all smogon and I couldn't get a real answer if my creative set was good, all I got was what smogon says. So that's why it seemed largely smogon based. I never went on the smogon website but if they have guilds I don't get why people don't go make their smogon guilds over there if there are any guilds there. If not I understand.

I mean, Smogon is smart. They pretty know what's best. But if you want, you can simply say "no Smogon sets please" when you ask, we'll do our very best to help you.

But will you still stay in BI? ;-;

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Ok, I won't be on the xat or forums at the moment, there's a thunderstorm here and one of my neighbor's computer has blown up because of a thunderstorm before, I think it shocked a wire and maybe the computer was plugged in or something. Either way I don't wanna be near the computer at the moment, once its over I will see what I can do.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Fossildude747, this is the last time I'll allow you to rejoin shortly after quitting. If you quit again, you'll need to wait at least a month before rejoining.

The only OU focus this Guild has is the war team. If you don't plan on joining the war team, I don't care how you play. As long as both players agree on the rules.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Fossildude747, this is the last time I'll allow you to rejoin shortly after quitting. If you quit again, you'll need to wait at least a month before rejoining.

The only OU focus this Guild has is the war team. If you don't plan on joining the war team, I don't care how you play. As long as both players agree on the rules.

Ok, I'm terribly sorry about that and no I don't plan to join the war team. I'm not going to leave again, even if I want to take a break I just won't post often and just post activity posts until I am back battling competitively. Guess I will just battle in the actual game instead of PS, unless one of my teams ends up fitting the conditions for a certain tier.

Last edited:

Overkill™

Snowflake!
Ok, I'm terribly sorry about that and no I don't plan to join the war team. I'm not going to leave again, even if I want to take a break I just won't post often and just post activity posts until I am back battling competitively. Guess I will just battle in the actual game instead of PS, unless one of my teams ends up fitting the conditions for a certain tier.

You shouldn't worry about the Smogon thing to much :) Smogon is a competetive community. One where people post the sets wich are overall most effective they got their own meta. BUT smogon is nt king, you don't have to use the sets that they give, it's a little help, thats all :) If you don't like smogons metagame, VGC is awesome. Just started doing VGC myself and it's increasing in popularity in this guild. Smogon has way less VGC material, and thus more room for own experimenting.

Just remember, Smogon is not king, it's a helping hand. Don't feel pressurede, just enjoy :)

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
It's not that I hate smogon, it's just mainly that they ban pokemon, I won't follow them but if you guys do I'm totally fine with it and every once in a while I might battle some of you in ou if my team in mind applies for it.

So anyway I am trying to breed a good fast special attack lucario, and plan to breed a good fast attack lucario as well. Here's the moveset I have in mind for the special attack lucario, what do you guys think. Please don't tell me to change it to what smogon says if possible.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
EV's 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 hp
Nature: Modest
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

So I was wondering how that would do, and would it be better in doubles or singles? I was thinking it would be more singles and I would make the attack lucario doubles. Here's the moveset I have in mind for him as well.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EV's 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 hp
Nature: Adamant
- Extreme Speed
- Heal Pulse
- Bullet Punch
- Power up punch/ swords dance (not really sure here, I could get some damage and raise attack with power-up punch but swords dance raises your attack more)

So are these good? Should I change anything about them? Tell me please and remember please not smogon based if possible.

Overkill™

Snowflake!
It's not that I hate smogon, it's just mainly that they ban pokemon, I won't follow them but if you guys do I'm totally fine with it and every once in a while I might battle some of you in ou if my team in mind applies for it.

So anyway I am trying to breed a good fast special attack lucario, and plan to breed a good fast attack lucario as well. Here's the moveset I have in mind for the special attack lucario, what do you guys think. Please don't tell me to change it to what smogon says if possible.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Nature: Modest
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

So I was wondering how that would do, and would it be better in doubles or singles? I was thinking it would be more singles and I would make the attack lucario doubles. Here's the moveset I have in mind for him as well.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Nature: Adamant
- Extreme Speed
- Heal Pulse
- Bullet Punch
- Power up punch/ swords dance (not really sure here, I could get some damage and raise attack with power-up punch but swords dance raises your attack more)

So are these good? Should I change anything about them? Tell me please and remember please not smogon based if possible.

Out of my bare head, here it goes:

On top set, you might wana go timid. Lucarios speed is good, bit needs investment otherwise it's gonne be outsped by lots. Fot second set, go justified i think. If you got dark weak mon, people will think twice before attacking it, risking an free boost for lucario. Inner focus does help against fake out Khan. Look what your team needs most :) Dunno if hel pulse is worth it with lucarios lower HP. But can't tell for sure.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Out of my bare head, here it goes:

On top set, you might wana go timid. Lucarios speed is good, bit needs investment otherwise it's gonne be outsped by lots. Fot second set, go justified i think. If you got dark weak mon, people will think twice before attacking it, risking an free boost for lucario. Inner focus does help against fake out Khan. Look what your team needs most :) Dunno if hel pulse is worth it with lucarios lower HP. But can't tell for sure.

Ok thanks, I think I will just use the first set anyways.

The Master Chief

It's not that I hate smogon, it's just mainly that they ban pokemon.

#Verlisify

Seriously though, you aren't doing yourself any favors by not wanting any advice from Smogon. They've been doing competitive singles for a long time and know what set's are most effective for Pokemon however there's nothing there saying that you have to use those recommendations. Also i should mention that competitive games HAVE bans. Why? To keep the game feeling competitive. Do you see Nintendo going out of their way to make single battles feeling competitive by making variety of tiers and applying appropriate bans? Hell no. The only OFFICIAL competitive format they have is VGC (which also has bans) and not everyone likes that format so Smogon did what someone was bound to do: Make competitive singles. Seriously, try playing battle spot singles free battle once in a while. It's pretty much "Anything Goes", there's nothing competitive about that at all. So don't call yourself a competitive singles player when you refuse to play by the bans and restrictions Smogon has for Its tiers (and Smogon is the only well known place that actually gives singles a competitive feel. ) because at that point you're pretty much a casual singles player. Smogon is doing exactly what any other competitive game would do, make bans where appropriate to keep the game feeling competitive.

Last edited:

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
#Verlisify

Seriously though, you aren't doing yourself any favors by not wanting any advice from Smogon. They've been doing competitive singles for a long time and know what set's are most effective for Pokemon however there's nothing there saying that you have to use those recommendations. Also i should mention that competitive games HAVE bans. Why? To keep the game feeling competitive. Do you see Nintendo going out of their way to make single battles feeling competitive by making variety of tiers and applying appropriate bans? Hell no. The only OFFICIAL competitive format they have is VGC (which also has bans) and not everyone likes that format so Smogon did what someone was bound to do: Make competitive singles. Seriously, try playing battle spot singles free battle once in a while. It's pretty much "Anything Goes", there's nothing competitive about that at all. So don't call yourself a competitive singles player when you refuse to play by the bans and restrictions Smogon has for Its tiers (and Smogon is the only well known place that actually gives singles a competitive feel. ) because at that point you're pretty much a casual singles player. Smogon is doing exactly what any other competitive game would do, make bans where appropriate to keep the game feeling competitive.

Wow, I can like vgc if I want. And I don't care if vgc has bans I know that but those bans are just major legendaries. I can like what I want and I am a competitive player, here everyone is saying smogon is not king yet your acting like they are. You say not everyone likes vgc well not everyone is going to like smogon either. They don't own competitive battling, not everyone has to play by their rules. Me and other guild members are completely fine with me not using smogon often but here you are starting a pointless argument. Why does it matter to you how I play and if you don't play vgc fine, I just won't battle you it's as simple as that. I don't mean to be rude but seriously just because someone doesn't use smogon doesn't mean they aren't competitive. Some people like vgc some like smogon and some like both but we don't need to argue over which is better. Neither one is better and neither one is worse it's all just opinion. Maybe I like to have more options of pokemon to use and not be limited to certain tiers. Most people will say go uber but I don't want to be facing op legendaries, flat is the way I like to battle. Like I said if you like smogon I'm fine with that but if you start saying that smogon is better than the way I like to battle then I have a problem with that, you can't force me to use smogon. Trust me I don't want to argue with you so please let me play how I want and understand not everyone likes smogon.

Last edited:

Joshua O'Donnell

The Pokemon Trainer

Gonna give you tips in a doubles envoriment

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Nature: Timid - Needs outspeed Mega-Kang
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot // Vaccum Wave // Dark Pulse // HP Ice - more options
- Flash Cannon - Hit Faries
- Protect Protect is for doubles only, so try other move if you gonna use for singles

both versions are good in doubles

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Nature:Jolly - needs outspeed mega-Kang
- Extreme Speed // Bullet Punch - suffers of 4MM
- Rock Slide - is a good move since you outspeed CharY too
- Protect - Protect is a must in doubles
- Close Combat - This is your Holy Move

Changes are in bold..... Also normal Lucario is viable to use thanks the use
of items like choice specs and focus sash.

Status
Not open for further replies.