• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Changes are in bold

Well I decided not to use the second set a while ago but that seems good maybe I will do so. And yes in the xat overkill suggested timid nature for the first set so that's all set and I will begin to train. I se eyou said protect is good for doubles, what else should I put there instead? I had dragon pulse because I encounter dragons very often so should I put that? I as thinking either dark pulse or dragon pulse instead of protect.

Well I decided not to use the second set a while ago but that seems good maybe I will do so. So about the second set i think i will use bullet punch instead. The problem I have been having with that one is it is so hard to breed a female lucario since males are much more common. So if anyone has a female lucario or riolu they are willing to trade to me that would be very helpful. I can give it back after I'm done breeding it if you want.

Thanks for the help, i will put lucario back in the daycare until i get a female but until then i will be training the riolu i hatched for the top set.

Also the maser chief I think I misunderstood your post, sorry. Overkill told me he thinks you were trying to say I'm not 100% competitive but am still competitive. I'm fine with that i know I'm not 100% competitive i just don't want people calling me casual.

Joshua O'Donnell

The Pokemon Trainer
Well I decided not to use the second set a while ago but that seems good maybe I will do so. And yes in the xat overkill suggested timid nature for the first set so that's all set and I will begin to train. I se eyou said protect is good for doubles, what else should I put there instead? I had dragon pulse because I encounter dragons very often so should I put that? I as thinking either dark pulse or dragon pulse instead of protect.

Singles minded? I would use that

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus // Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave // Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

If you got a Nasty Plot boost, you can hit very hard just spamming Flash Cannon to dragons, Dark Pulse makes you hit Aegislash and Zapdos (or you gonna be
walled by them) and have flinch effect, Vacuum Wave and Aura Sphere is of your preference (I prefer Vacuum Wave to hit Blaziken after Speed Boost effect).

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Singles minded? I would use that

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus // Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave // Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

If you got a Nasty Plot boost, you can hit very hard just spamming Flash Cannon to dragons, Dark Pulse makes you hit Aegislash and Zapdos (or you gonna be
walled by them) and have flinch effect, Vacuum Wave and Aura Sphere is of your preference (I prefer Vacuum Wave to hit Blaziken after Speed Boost effect).

That for singles? I honestly think hp will be more important than any defenses at this point. That seems like a good set though guess I will use it, with aura sphere. I've already bred this riolu and am starting to train it, but now I've gotta breed another with inner focus? Great. And for the record I can't get justified yet, I have no riolu friend safari. I guess I gotta breed another one but at least I can use the everstone trick to get the right nature. Thanks for helping me out but is there anything else about the singles set before I breed another riolu and start training it?

Joshua O'Donnell

The Pokemon Trainer
That for singles? I honestly think hp will be more important than any defenses at this point. That seems like a good set though guess I will use it, with aura sphere. I've already bred this riolu and am starting to train it, but now I've gotta breed another with inner focus? Great. And for the record I can't get justified yet, I have no riolu friend safari. I guess I gotta breed another one but at least I can use the everstone trick to get the right nature. Thanks for helping me out but is there anything else about the singles set before I breed another riolu and start training it?

Inner Focus is mostly to Mega Kangaskhan 1vs1 before mega evolve and my bad, Justified is not userful since you need Special Attack boost, no Physical boost.
Also there is reason that you use those 4 EVs on Sdef/Def and no on HP and is because Lucario at level 100 his HP is of 281, to receive less damage of hazards
because of the round mechanics of the game (anyway Lucario have x4 rock resist, inmune to toxic spikes so mostly is for spikes damage).

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Inner Focus is mostly to Mega Kangaskhan 1vs1 before mega evolve and my bad, Justified is not userful since you need Special Attack boost, no Physical boost.
Also there is reason that you use those 4 EVs on Sdef/Def and no on HP and is because Lucario at level 100 his HP is of 281, to receive less damage of hazards
because of the round mechanics of the game (anyway Lucario have x4 rock resist, inmune to toxic spikes so mostly is for spikes damage).

He's not going to be battling as a level 100 though, he will be battling as a level 50 because I'm using him in online battles with vgc rules.

And I don't care if vgc has bans I know that but those bans are just major legendaries.
Actually, the real VGC right now has a ton of bans. Every Pokemon that isn't in the Kalos Pokedex is banned. And even if the Pokemon is in the Kalos Pokedex, it has to have been caught/bred in Kalos to be eligible.

Joshua O'Donnell

The Pokemon Trainer
He's not going to be battling as a level 100 though, he will be battling as a level 50 because I'm using him in online battles with vgc rules.

is the same dude, at level 50 is 145 points in HP.........that is Battle Spot Rules dude, when we say VGC, means that are the rules exclusive to doubles envoriment with
"bring 6 pick 4" style used mostly in Nintendo Tours.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Actually, the real VGC right now has a ton of bans. Every Pokemon that isn't in the Kalos Pokedex is banned. And even if the Pokemon is in the Kalos Pokedex, it has to have been caught/bred in Kalos to be eligible.

Yes, but I mean battling online in rating seasons. I don't think I posted this I just said it in the xat that it will be years until I can go to a vgc since my parents won't take me far to play a video game, if it's near boston I might be able to go but until then this is just to compete in online battles in battle spot and stuff. So I'm talking about the online battles not the vgc.

Also Joshua I thought you ment online battles. I know about that format but can only go with battle spot rules. I thought you were reffering to that. I'll just say battle spot from now on I can't go to vgc for quite a while.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!

"VGC right now" does not exist. Worlds ended a few weeks ago and VGC15 can't start until after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are released.

I'd suggest just playing Doubles Flat. Rather than worrying about something being banned from a competition you can't participate in, learn how to play doubles 4v4 and how to structure your team.

The following Pokémon are banned in Flat:
Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Yveltal
Xerneas
Zygarde
Diancie
All unreleased Pokémon

Pretty much anything that was designed to be broken (even if it isn't actually broken).

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
"VGC right now" does not exist. Worlds ended a few weeks ago and VGC15 can't start until after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are released.

I'd suggest just playing Doubles Flat. Rather than worrying about something being banned from a competition you can't participate in, learn how to play doubles 4v4 and how to structure your team.

The following Pokémon are banned in Flat:
Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Yveltal
Xerneas
Zygarde
Diancie
All unreleased Pokémon

Pretty much anything that was designed to be broken (even if it isn't actually broken).
EDIT: I only have one good singles pokemon so I might as well just start doubles, I find them more fun anyways. So josh is that doubles lucario good and anything I need to change about it?

Last edited:

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EV's 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 hp
Nature:Jolly -
- Bullet Punch
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Close Combat

Ok Here's the doubles set Josh gave me, I'm wondering if there is anything else I should change about it. It seems good to me, and he gave good reasons for some moves, you can see the post of why he suggested them above.

Also I am just going to focus on doubles so I can get good at it for if I actually do get to go to a vgc. Plus I find double battles more exciting.

Right so having been the one who proposed it I figured I might as well get the ball rolling here. Without further ado, I present:

The Black Ice Community Create a Team!

So how this is going to work is:

1. Everyone takes one week to vote for a tier that they want. The previous two tiers will not be allowed as to prevent it from switching between VGC and OU every time, but since this one is the first one you can nominate any tier.
  2. Once the tier has been decided, I will RNG a random, but not ridiculous(You won't seen most NFEs and Dunsparce here, but something like Floatzel or Probopass might come up). Obviously this Pokemon will be legal in the tier chosen. There will only be one Random Pokemon of Mystery each week.
  3. Once the Random Pokemon of Mystery is chosen, everybody will have one week to propose FULL sets for these Pokemon using the following format, inputting the properties into where the brackets are. This is the PS format so it shouldn't be too unfamiliar.

[Pokemon] @ [Item]
    Ability: [Ability]
    EVs: [EVs]
    [Nature] Nature
    IVs: [IVs not 31]
    -[Move 1]
    -[Move 2]
    -[Move 3]
    -[Move 4]

Example:

Rotom-Fan @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Sp. Def
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    -Air Slash
    -Discharge
    -Confuse Ray
    -Pain Split

4. Along with your set, please provide an explanation regarding what this Pokemon is meant to do and how, what the moves do and for why, what the EV spread and nature are for, etc. If your Pokemon does not have an explanation, it will NOT be entered into the voting pool. It doesn't have to be a novel, but a Pokemon without any sort of hints from the creator as to what its supposed to do doesn't help anybody. Also, No posting the exact same set as somebody else. Likewise do not post and extremely similar set to someone else unless it makes a big difference. Also, no posting more than one set per person. If you want to change your set, please EDIT YOUR POST before the week is over, but do not post more than one set. People who have posted more than one set will not have either set make it into the voting pool.
  5. Once a week has past, I will add the nominees to the voting pool. All of you will then be given one week to vote on the best set out of the eligible nominees. Please, please, PLEASE do not vote for a set that has no explanation. You may vote for your own set, but please look at other people's sets first before deciding yours is the best. Feel free to change you mind and edit your post regarding who you nominate has the best set. Do not vote more than once, or neither vote will count
  6. Whoever's set has the most votes by the end of the week will be the winner, and will the the set for the chosen Pokemon.
  7. Once a set has been chosen, everyone will then have one week to vote for the next Pokemon, along with an explanation as to how it will help in a general sense. An explanation is not required for this, but is helpful. People may vote for the same Pokemon as somebody else. Feel free to edit your post if you change your mind and the week is not over. Do not vote more than once, or neither vote will count.
  8. Repeat the previous five steps until we have a team of six Pokemon, at which point we will have a one week finalization voting round. This will allow final, small adjustments to be made should a majority of people want to change something. One person may propose a small change to a Pokemon along with an explanation why, and then have it being supported by at least three other members not including yourself. Do not propose entirely new Pokemon or replace entire movesets, only change one or two moves at maximum, or change the item/EV spread/Ability/etc. One one proposed modification per person. You may propose only one change, but there are no limits as to how many prepositions you may support. When you support a modification, please post "1/4 Supporting [user who proposed]" if you are the first person to support it, "2/4 Supporting [user who proposed]," etc. If you change your mind, you may post again saying you no longer support a preposition, along with how many remaining people are supporting it. You may support a preposition that has four other supporters, just post "5/4 Supporting [user who posted]." Do not constantly change your mind about prepositions, or you will be ignored and possibly disciplined by Vader for spamming. Also, if you were the last person to post and you changed your mind, even if your last post was not the one supporting the preposition, edit your post instead. No double posting under any circumstances.

Example:
    Rotom-Mow said:
    I propose we change Pain Split on Rotom-Fan to Will-o-wisp because the extra status may help deal with physical attackers that can't be paralyzed(like Garchomp), and Pain Split is a prior generation move, meaning it is harder to obtain until ORAS tutors come out

1/4 Supporting Rotom-Mow
    Rotom Heat said:
    I also agree, the extra status may also help deal residual damage towards walls that can't refresh

2/4 Supporting Rotom-Mow
    Rotom-Frost said:
    Also supporting Rotom-Mow for reasons stated by Rotom-Mow/Heat. 3/4 Supporting Rotom-Mow

Also suggesting that Rotom-Fan's item be changed to Leftovers because while Air Balloon is funny, it isn't useful nor will it ever be. 1/4 Supporting Rotom-Frost
    Rotom-Fan said:
    Hey look I'm famous
    Agreeing with Rotom-Mow, the burns will help a lot. 4/4 Supporting Rotom-Mow

EDIT: Just saw Rotom-Frost's post. Supporting that because he's right that Air Balloon is useless next to Levitate and Flying typing. 2/4 Supporting Rotom-Frost
    Rotom-Heat said:
    Deciding after a little while than burns won't be so helpful and the recovery is nice, so I'm not supporting Rotom-Mow. 3/4 Supporting Rotom-Mow

Agreeing with what Rotom-Frost said for similar reasons, 3/4 Supporting Rotom-Frost
    Rotom-Mow said:
    You were never meant to be the fire type, Heat ;.;

Supporting Rotom-Frost for the reasons stated above. 4/4 Supporting Rotom-Frost

So there you go. Hopefully it wasn't too confusing of instructions. Without further ado, everyone is open to vote for the tier. Voting will last until Thursday night next week. Feel free to ask me question regarding rules or other things. Also please try and bold votes so I can see them. You don't have to but try to please :D

Last edited:

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
I obviously vote VGC.

Also just to clarify we don't actually have to train these pokemon right? Just post their movesets?

Status
Not open for further replies.