• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarMasterWarrior

the prince of stars
SOS chaining is going to be the end of me.... Has anybody had any luck with their farming goals? Any shinies yet? Perfect IV Pokemon? :eek:

It took me too long to get a Scrappy Pangoro...and I can't even use it to chain a shiny Sandygast because of how weak it is :)

StarMasterWarrior

the prince of stars
I chained for Regenerator Mareanie four times now.... No Regenerator :(

Chaining for a shiny Sandygast was pointless because the annoying pile of trash had Sand Tomb and Sand Attack...so I couldn't even switch out when my Pokemon had -6 Accuracy :)

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Don't forget to teach it Order Sleuth or Foresight so it can use False Swipe.

Chouru

Member of Black Ice
Did you guys see Versilify's YouTube video on the easiest way to chain dittos for 4iv+ Dittos? it takes a little bit to set it up but once you do it is easy

Did you guys see Versilify's YouTube video on the easiest way to chain dittos for 4iv+ Dittos? it takes a little bit to set it up but once you do it is easy

I have not,but I am not a huge fan of Verlis. That would be nice but I think I may wait for the chance to move a perfect one from ORAS in January.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!

I have not, nor will I. I have seen a few of his videos, and I thought they were meh. From my understanding, the majority of the Pokémon Community (or at least Utah Pokémon) dislikes him. I'm sure there's good reason for that, but I don't care what that is.

To make things easy, someone on Utah Pokémon made a brief explanation on how to do so.

ultimatedra said:
Anybody wanting to chain ditto - I recommend the Munchlax/Hypno method.
Get a Munchlax with ONLY recycle and a Hypno with Switcheroo holding a leppa berry and any strong false swiper (Decidueye and Absol come to mind)
Find Ditto and let it transform into Munchlax.
Switch to Hypno and give Ditto the leppa berry.
You now have a Ditto that can't run out of PP or do damage.

I will be pinning this on Discord and probably posted it on the forum somewhere.

Or someone can clone my 6IV Ditto and then wait for Bank to be compatible with Sun and Moon. Whatever works for you.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
That works. I'd like to keep a 6IV Ditto on Y in case I need to breed anything on there. I doubt I will, but something might be useful in SM that requires an ORAS move tutor move.

That works. I'd like to keep a 6IV Ditto on Y in case I need to breed anything on there. I doubt I will, but something might be useful in SM that requires an ORAS move tutor move.

Do you know if for VGC17 all pokemon need to be obtained from a copy of sun/moon? (meaning no transfers, like in ORAS with the mark that told legality)

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Did you know Smogon OU allows (or will allow) Pokémon as far back as Ruby and Sapphire? Anyone who plays VGC knows this, and as a judge, I MUST know this.

I don't have time to go to any VGC tournaments until sometime next year, so I can wait until Bank is released to make a team. Which is why I'm waiting for a 6IV Ditto first.

For singles, and pretty much everything that isn't VGC, I will be using whatever I feel like. If that means it's from XY or even RSE, then that's what it means. I have plenty of Pokémon on ORAS that I RNGed on Black, and I have every intention of transferring them up to Moon.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
So, what are your opinions of UBs? I'm really skeptical of them being allowed in the VGC considering how powerful most of them are.

Dumbness

Pokémon Breeder
It's literally stupid to allow them. VGC was so close to having an interesting and varied format, and then UBs

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
It's literally stupid to allow them. VGC was so close to having an interesting and varied format, and then UBs

This.

VGC14 was really, really fun, for one simple reason: no legendaries. Sure, the birds were allowed, but Zapdos was the only viable one. However, it didn't have access to Heat Wave at the time, so it pretty much wasn't viable. The only thing on nearly everyone's team was Kangaskhan. That's it. Just one Pokémon. Then VGC15 allowed the national dex and everyone added Landorus T. VGC16... well, we all know how terrible that was.

This year will be better, but I think disallowing the Tapus and Ultra Beasts would make things far more interesting.

Chouru

Member of Black Ice
I got for one am excited for VGC17. it will be my first time even looking into it. I would love to compete in it but I know I probably wont be able to. still it will be run to try out. I think the UBs are a niche. some of them have really good stats but their other stats are super low. I don't think they will be too much of a problem.

Dumbness

Pokémon Breeder
It is still early in the meta, very early in fact, and when bank opens up it's hard to say what exactly will happen. Lando-T will probably still reign, but other than that it's hard to tell.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
It is still early in the meta, very early in fact, and when bank opens up it's hard to say what exactly will happen. Lando-T will probably still reign, but other than that it's hard to tell.

What the heck are you smoking? Landorus isn't in the Alola Dex, so we won't be seeing it at all. :)
I'm sure we'll be seeing Tapu Koko and some Ultra Beasts. Electric Terrain is good. I used it in early 2014 and caught everyone off guard. No one knew what it did back then, and wasted their time trying to put my team to sleep! It was wonderful. Unfortunately, the surprise factor faded and I had to use Trick Room. Still, Electric Terrain was good then, and now that we have something that can set it up automatically, it will be used regularly. Though probably more because Koko is good than because it has Electric Surge, or whatever it's called...

Status
Not open for further replies.