• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Another factor that should be considered is the nerfs to Dark Void this generation, which somewhat reduces the potency of Electric Terrain.

Something that still hasn't been brought up a lot (from what I've seen) is the impact of Z-moves on competitive, especially VGC. I personally think they'll be pretty strong. Thoughts?

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Another factor that should be considered is the nerfs to Dark Void this generation, which somewhat reduces the potency of Electric Terrain.
This is very true. However, Sleep Powder and Spore are still very powerful, and will likely see some play. Dark Void's nerf does make Sleep much less of a threat, but that doesn't mean it isn't a threat.

Something that still hasn't been brought up a lot (from what I've seen) is the impact of Z-moves on competitive, especially VGC. I personally think they'll be pretty strong. Thoughts?
It's a bit early to say. Is one super powerful move worth an item slot on your team? People were asking the same thing about Megas, and they proved to be almost mandatory. I think it's safe to say that Z-moves will play a very important role in both VGC and singles. Question is, which one?

Chouru

Member of Black Ice
Since only a single z move will be able to be used, I think it's safe to say that some will see more use than others, especially the ones with the most coverage available. You dont want to waste your single Z move choice on something that will resist it

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Not all Z-moves are created equal. In my opinion, some of the special Z-moves will get the most usage, in various formats (Z-splash and Z-parting shot come to mind). Especially in VGC, I don't see the regular Z-moves doing much, as they *are* just single target attacks.

Dumbness

Pokémon Breeder
I feel in VGC it's vital to have a z-move because of its ohko potential. It can snowball a match super hard. And some z-moves certainly do too much, and might lead to a M-Khan situation again.

StarMasterWarrior

the prince of stars
Z-Moves also (partially) ignore Protect moves. I'm not sure what the exact number is, but it could be enough to kill someone who's 25% or lower, which could be a game changer. Also the animations are really cool.

CalXV

Username: CalXV
3DS Friend code: 2105-9465-4276
PS Username: CalXV
Who recommended you to this Guild? Myself.

Yo guys, i used to play pokemon a lot years back and i have recently just started playing again with the release of sun and moon. I was involved in guilds when they were "clans" so I've got some experience. I've not played competitively for years either so i'm practically relearning haha. This looked like the most recent and exciting guild on the forum so yeah, that's why i want to join :).

Username: CalXV
3DS Friend code: 2105-9465-4276
PS Username: CalXV
Who recommended you to this Guild? Myself.

Yo guys, i used to play pokemon a lot years back and i have recently just started playing again with the release of sun and moon. I was involved in guilds when they were "clans" so I've got some experience. I've not played competitively for years either so i'm practically relearning haha. This looked like the most recent and exciting guild on the forum so yeah, that's why i want to join :).

Welcome to Black Ice! Enjoy your stay and dont get too cold!

Dumbness

Pokémon Breeder
Most competitive talk happens in the Discord, battles can be posted here for DD, a currency to buy competitive BR pokemon. We have lots of helpful faces that can get you in the right direction for any format you want to play.

CalXV

Alright, so if I want to meet members etc and get battling I should go to the chat?

Chouru

Member of Black Ice
I know BIL is still in it's planning stages and that battling is a but slow right now, I think we could all use some battles to get used to the new format as well as earn some DD. I can even donate a few competitive mons I have bred like a Modest 5IV abra.

CalXV

Opponent(s): Chouru
Partner (if multi): -
Battle Type: Random singles
Victor: Chouru
Score: (Chouru) 4-0 (CalXV)

Chouru

Member of Black Ice

CalXV

Opponent: Mr. Chad Bacon
Battle Type: Custom Singles
Victor: Mr. Chad Bacon
Score: (Mr. Chad Bacon) 2-0 (CalXV)

Wont let me post the battle replay :(

Chouru

Member of Black Ice
That was a good battle. I didn't realize that Vikavolt could take so many hits. I thought that it's speed crippled it. I will definitely have to try him out more. Calxv you must have forgotten that he has levitate. I think that lost you the game honestly, because his vikavolt was so effective at taking everyone else out, you couldn't afford to not deal damage to it. over all it was a good battle.

CalXV

Ye i havent used vikavolt whatsoever so was unaware of levitate. Battle like those are the ones with teach you lots about individual pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.