• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Z-splash Milotic = +3 attack in one turn= shock factor= maybe viable?

The problem with that is that is directly conflicts with Milotic's best ability. Competitive basically asks for an Intimidate attack drop for a Special Attack boost, so that's out for a potential attack set. Cute Charm and Marvel Scale are both defensive abilities, and anything with Z-splash shouldn't be taking damage, focusing more on dishing it out quickly so as not to waste a Z-move and the +3 boost on something that's not going to last. Additionally, Milotic has an attack stat of 60 and a speed stat of 81. While you might have shock factor, you still won't be outspeeding much, or doing much damage. In all honesty, any Z-splash is a shock factor, so you don't have to rely on a pokemon that doesn't even have a good Attack stat to take advantage of.

It's better to use Z-splash on something that can sweep an entire team with the boost or at least take down enough before going down to make using a Z-move a worthwhile tradeoff. The only pokemon that Z-Splash is decent on are Mimikyu (90 attack, 96 speed, Disguise ability makes setup free, ghost/fairy makes 3 immunities for switch-ins, has amazing coverage with just Play Rough and Shadow Claw, has Will-o-wisp and Thunder Wave as options, can sweep by setting up for free and outspeeding/tanking many relevant meta pokemon), Gyarados (125 attack, 81 speed, flying type gives an immunity, Intimidate and Moxie are both good options [Intimidate being a good ability in general, Moxie being total sweeper overkill], has a decent movepool to make use of [EQ, Waterfall, Crunch, etc], can oneshot pretty much anything that's not a tank), and Solgaleo (Better stats than the other two, but is usually banned).

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Username:MegaMeganium
3DS Friend code:4614-0152-8986
PS Username:MegaMeganium4
Who recommended you to this Guild? I found it while being a snoopy.

Dumbness

Pokémon Breeder
Welcome! We have a whole lineup of events for this year, so stay tuned for posts starting around mid-February for events to join :) (We just started our Black Ice League, which will go on for several weeks)

StarMasterWarrior

the prince of stars
If only coming up with a team for the BIL wasn't so time consuming.

Tragic.

If only there were more Pokemon in the Alolan Dex that would suit my purposes...

pyroecstacy

Swagmaster
Username: Pyroecstacy
3DS Friend code: 5086-2449-6413
PS Username: Pyroecstacy
Who recommended you to this Guild?
I joined this guild back when it was a clan 6 years ago :)

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Username: Pyroecstacy
3DS Friend code: 5086-2449-6413
PS Username: Pyroecstacy
Who recommended you to this Guild?
I joined this guild back when it was a clan 6 years ago :)

Yay! Pyra! Welcome back! =D
Accepted, if that wasn't obvious. Dumbutt will add you to the member's list when and if he ever remembers to do so.

Dumbness

Pokémon Breeder
Of course I'll remember, pch.....

I'd like to announce an event very soon, but I'm currently having troubles getting formatting to work. It WILL be up by this weekend, however. Look out for that.

Also pyro, make sure to get on our Discord, lots of things are going to be going down there soon.

Last edited:

Dumbness

Pokémon Breeder
I was a little late on this, but meh :p

3ob2.png

wwpw.png

ALOLA ISLAND TOUR - MELEMELE ISLAND!
Alola_artwork.jpg

Welcome, trainers, to the Alola region!

On this tour, we will be taking a look at the diverse wildlife of each island. We’ll begin our tour of the Alola islands with Melemele Island! Explore the deepest crevices and find some good synergies!

FORMAT

Black Ice Singles

Best of One

You may play anybody who has entered only once during this leg of the tour.
-You are not restricted to defeat them by a set date, aside from the final day of the event.
-You are not restricted to one team, and are encouraged to freely make as many teams as you wish.
Points will be distributed based on this formula: 5 + Pokémon Remaining

Players will be rewarded DD based on their final score
-Forfeiting a match will reward DD equal to 5 + ZERO Pokémon remaining.

This event will begin Friday, February 4, and end Sunday, February 12, at 11:59 PM MST

StarMasterWarrior

the prince of stars
Already made my team :) can't wait to get my spicy first match in!

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Closed due to prolonged inactivity. This may be reopened upon request of the guild's leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.