• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Black Jack - Possible Release Date

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
If this entry on Amazon.com is correct, Vertical's translation of Black Jack will hit shelves on September 23, in a hardcover 400 page format, similar to their releases of Buddha and the upcoming Dororo. Unfortunately, I can't find any sources for this info. Anyone know if it's correct, or is Amazon toying with me again?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I dunno, Amazon's always been pretty reliable, if you ask me. I mean, they get their release dates all screwed up, but I find that stuff usually is released eventually, even if it takes forever. I think what happens is that the publisher tells Amazon the release dates, and they're the ones who change things. There are some things that have never come out that Amazon posted, like "Blue Inferior" volumes 2 and 3, but I think ADV originally intended to release them before it started cancelling stuff like crazy.

Anyway, that's interesting. I'll definitely check it out if I see it.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Amazon is generally reliable for release dates that aren't Dark Horse (and even with those they can frequently be trusted), so I'd say that the date is accurate.

Waiiiit... are they actually planning on translating everything? Or is this just going to be like the other translation which died at 2 volumes... >__>

While Viz only brought over two volumes worth of material, Vertical is bringing all of Black Jack (sans a few chapters that weren't put in the Japanese tankoban due to various reasons).

Rave

Banned
I'm rather interested in purchasing these volumes when released.

I'll probably preorder sometime later in a couple of months.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet

Rave

Banned
I end up preordering alot of stuff on Amazon.

I ended up doing that for Apollo Justice.